Really upset right now was in crisis situation

Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Really upset right now was in crisis situation

I was headed to the bowling alley tonight and I guess I was about 1 min late and ran up on an accident when people slowed down. I got stuck there for around 40 minutes and decided I had enough of putting my foot on the break and I was going to try out this auto break lock feature. I pushed the button (the button which says brake/hold next to the center console). After 10-20 minutes the thing then turned on a red light with a P either P or it said Park. I didn't think much about it. Then in a few minutes we moved up a few feet. I hit the button (brake hold) and it didn't come off. I pulled up on the button that shows a P that is infront of it and it didn't come off. I started to panic. I turned the car off after shifting the shifter to park and still the Red Park thing was still there. I put it in drive still couldn't move. Now I was in the center lane that has been motionless for 40 minutes and pissed off that I can't go anywhere. The guy behind me was the guy that even let me in that lane to begin with. I turned my flashers on and continued to panic. I have no idea how I finally got the stupid light off but it finally got off and I am never going to try it again unless I know how to fix that. I felt trapped and scared out of my mind holding up even more traffic. This happened at 5:40pm. at 9pm all lanes still closed east. I just turned on the news 10pm and it won't be fixed until 3am.

After I somehow fixed the issue, I hit the acura link button and since I never signed up for it they refused to help me since I had no account with them. Since it was after 5pm service as closed so I called California and talked to them in service and they never heard of such a thing.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Racer

18 Wheeler fire shuts down I-20 in Shreveport | ArkLaTexHomepage is what I had to deal with. Right now the thing caught back on fire and still blocking the free way 5 hours later.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
At the possibility of sounding stupid, did you consider that the parking brake was turned on? If so I hope you just turned it off. The brake hold is not meant for extended use. I rarely ever use it as the car has an auto hold feature when you are pointed slightly or severely up-hill and it will hold in place until you engage the gas so the car does not roll back in the switch over, but I don't think this is what you are speaking about. I hope all is well in the end.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Here are a couple of pages from the RLX owner's manual concerning your issue.

The auto brake hold feature will cancel and put the parking brake on automatically after 10 minutes of being stopped.

The parking brake should auto release when touching the gas pedal with the car in Drive, however, if the seat belt is not fastened, it will not release automatically, you must release it manually.

Hope this helps.

The following 4 users liked this post by ddswv:
3.2cls6speedmt (11-21-2017), hondamore (11-16-2017), moose66 (11-16-2017), teh CL (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Just put it in park?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
krava, I think spending some time with the owners manual will be of value as your situation was simply a case of being unfamiliar with the operation of the brake hold and parking brake functions. ddswv's post is a good start, but I recommend sitting down in your car with the manual and "figuring it all out" to avoid similar problems in the future.

I was fortunate enough to have my sales associate spend well over an hour with me in my new RLX going through the operation of all of the buttons and switches before I ever drove off the lot. There is a lot to learn in modern cars as the electronics get more and more advanced.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Racer

Thanks for the help not sure if it helps or not. It seems that the Parking break was turned on because of the auto break was on for more then 10 minutes. I never used the parking break before because we don't have hills here or slopes or anything. I am not quite sure still have to turn it off. I guess you press the button down instead of pulling up on the parking break? I have no idea where the manuals are for this car. The books are so thick.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
^ Yes think of the electronic brake as a manual parking brake in the console - pull up to set AND push down to release.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I think it is the opposite in my MDX, but would need to confirm
Old 11-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
confirmed. MDX is push to set and pull to release

Search this Thread