It is official, RLX Sport Hybrid going on sale!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by woropallo
Well got my bubble busted today, went to the dealer and found out they have not yet order my 2016 RLX SH AWD, and are not sure when they will be able to order it. Apparently, it not officially for sale yet, ay least according to them. When I asked how other got their car they told me TampaRL had pull he knows the President of Acura. They are trying to find me one that they can swap, but I am not holding out hope, they say there are only 4 coming into the SE and one of them is for TampaRL.This sounds like a replay of the 2014 SH AWD, I got the same message when I went to buy that car, don't know if and when it coming out. Sad, Sad, Sad! Here a person willing t trade a 2015 at a lost for the 2016 SH AWD and can not even order it and no one can tell me when I can order it. Well I spent the weekend looking at Tesla, MB. AUDI, BMW and Porsche and if I can't get the 2016 SH AWD in a resonable time frame I may just keep my car or trade it in for a Tesla or Porsche. I was not impressed with Audi, BMW and MB, all the cars I looked at were in the $100k range and they did not impress me like the Porsche and Tesla.
Boooooooo! sorry to see the status quo continues.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
My small NoVA dealer is sure he's getting one, but he thinks only one, just like the 2014 MY.

Not promised to anybody yet, and he doesn't have a clue of the details.

If they learned from the 2014 MY, however, I suspect that most of them will be Advance Package. There are still unsold KC2 Tech Package even now.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Well got my bubble busted today, went to the dealer and found out they have not yet order my 2016 RLX SH AWD, and are not sure when they will be able to order it. Apparently, it not officially for sale yet, ay least according to them.
I got a similar call yesterday. I'm told that you cannot order the car, but once the monthly allotment is announced for a district, the district manager will look for any "sold" cars that match the colors and tech/advance combination. So if a car is announced in June that matches what I've ordered, I'll get it in July (assuming no one else wants the same combination and is in front of me). Otherwise, I wait until July...and then August...and so on.

I'm starting to think that I should have just taken the 2016 PAWS last month and then plan to eat the trade-in on the 2017-8 MMC.

I'll give it a couple of months. Grrr.....
Old 06-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by anakin44011
I got a similar call yesterday. I'm told that you cannot order the car, but once the monthly allotment is announced for a district, the district manager will look for any "sold" cars that match the colors and tech/advance combination. So if a car is announced in June that matches what I've ordered, I'll get it in July (assuming no one else wants the same combination and is in front of me). Otherwise, I wait until July...and then August...and so on.

I'm starting to think that I should have just taken the 2016 PAWS last month and then plan to eat the trade-in on the 2017-8 MMC.

I'll give it a couple of months. Grrr.....

I feel your PAIN
Old 06-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
the rep I spoke to at one of my dealers definitely wanted to sell me on the Advanced they are getting. "Hey...it's coming on Sunday, Father's Day! Wouldn't that be a nice gift?..."

Nope. Waiting till next year. If the 2017 doesn't get an MMC, then I'm likely jumping ship to BMW (435i) if I can get the wife to jump with me (2 or 3 series). Funny enough she likes the ILX styling better than the 2/3 series. The only Beamer she likes is the M6....go figure...*facepalm*
Old 06-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Racer

What a roller coaster ride! My dealer called me today and told me my 2016 RLX SH AWD Advance B/B was order today. Apparently they got their allocation order in today and request my car as a priority change. They don't know when it will come in. The way they explain it to me was that it depends on when the factory produces that trim and color and where you are on the list. So now it just a waiting game. Got me so pissed off the other day when they told me that they did not know when or if I could get one I started seriously and even visited other dealers about trading the car in for a Porsche Panamera, MB CLS, Tesla S70D or BMW 550. I even got it down to the Porsche or Tesla. The trade in value on the RLX is almost like giving it away. The number from the MB sales person was an insult. I told him I would give the car to my son before I would give the car away for that number. Then he called me back and appoligized and said it was incorrect because it was for a 2014, $29 to 34k. Apparently the 2015 is worth around $42 to 45k as a trade in, that the number I seem to be getting from most of the dealers. I have not talked numbers with the Acura dealer yet, they want to wait until the car come in.
The following 2 users liked this post by woropallo:
fsmith (06-18-2015), pgeorg (06-18-2015)
Old 06-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Grandpa

...that the number I seem to be getting from most of the dealers.
My dealer pretty much screwed himself with what they gave me for my first RLX.

I watched their advertising, and after too long a time they ended up letting it go for much, much less than they gave me in trade.

It was a part of a bottom line settlement based on other factors that were negotiated, and the used car team just got screwed when the general manager stepped in and said to just do it his way.

I don't know why Acura does what it does...and I don't know why dealers do what they do.

But I suppose the way they look at it, it's been since 1989 and here I am, still driving a bloody Honda.

:-)
The following users liked this post:
woropallo (06-19-2015)
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
All of this is Typical of HMC....its called "HYPE" so the dealership can screw everyone with the "LIMITED BULL SHIATZ" and screw yall.......nothing new as they have been doing this for years with those "TYPE S" models in the past....Patience is golden.....The dealerships have plenty of lube in stock too!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TampaRL
my Advance SH RLX was received in the entry port of Richmond on the West Coast and via train will be arriving in Jacksonville this week for processing. From there it will be trucked to Tampa where it should arrive between June 24-28. Then I will drive it, and expecting I will like it, I will take it home. My dealer GM tells me he has been hounded with calls from other dealers to get this car, but it is mine. The reps at my dealer (who I have known most for years) all are very excited to take delivery of the car and for me. I am blessed with the often too rare exceptional dealer / customer relationship.

Today was a very good day, indeed.
Well I saw my order today, 2016 RLX SH AWD Advance B/B. What the latest on the arrival of your RLX 2016 SH AWD? I don' have a delivery date on mine yet.
pgeorg (06-26-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Mine has not yet arrived.

To my understanding, an 'order' is not an order to build. But instead the order is a mechanism to match the requestor with a matching unit somewhere in the build out pipeline. Then Acura will assign that unit to the dealer and an estimated delivery (which depends on whether the car is already in the US or still to be shipped from Japan). Or the requestor (dealer) may find another dealer ahead of them with a matching unit and arrange a swap.

It is vague, but depending on where your order is in the pecking order, it impacts when your dealer receives the assigned match. Dealers can't really offer a delivery timeframe estimate until that order receives a unit assignment. And it is not a 'build to order' model (i.e no custom builds), but an order to match pre determined build out of units.

Colin or an Acura dealer may better clarify or correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
pgeorg (06-26-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Well I saw my order today, 2016 RLX SH AWD Advance B/B.:
What is your order #? I believe the last 5 digits of the order number will give a clue where your order is for that model / config.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Racer

To my understanding, an 'order' is not an order to build. But instead the order is a mechanism to match the requestor with a matching unit somewhere in the build out pipeline. Then Acura will assign that unit to the dealer and an estimated delivery (which depends on whether the car is already in the US or still to be shipped from Japan). Or the requestor (dealer) may find another dealer ahead of them with a matching unit and arrange a swap.

It is vague, but depending on where your order is in the pecking order, it impacts when your dealer receives the assigned match. Dealers can't really offer a delivery timeframe estimate until that order receives a unit assignment. And it is not a 'build to order' model (i.e no custom builds), but an order to match pre determined build out of units.

Colin or an Acura dealer may better clarify or correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
I believe you are correct, this how the dealer also explained it to me that why they can't give me a date. So technically you really don't know when it's coming in, could be a month or a few month. Also, I got the impression this was the only approach to getting the car, so it appears there may not be any in the near future for people to test drive since the ones being delivered are already mark for someone. This approach seems to validate the rumor of limited production of this car.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts

My offer still stands to meet the ship and drive it to you
Old 06-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

^^^

I mentioned in other posts that the car was trained from Richmond to Jacksonville where it was last week. I am awaiting for the truck delivery to my local dealer.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 AM
Grandpa

New Acura RLX Sport Hybrid - in 22701 Area - on Cars.com <--clickable link

Still no 2016's in America, it looks like.

But if you want, there's quite a few 2014 Tech still around...and even six or seven Advance Package still new and available.

If somebody's stuck with a 2014, he's been paying interest on the floor plan for quite some time now, and he's likely to give you a damned good deal.

:-)
sooththetruth (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 07:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts

My dealer put the request in about 3 weeks ago. They are still waiting for the Rep to update them. Maybe my color combination is harder to come by (BWP/Seacoast), and no order number yet.....
Old 06-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow-Acura sure does not make obtaining a 2016 Sport Hybrid easy !!!
I know it is an awesome vehicle-but come on, no way to know if the car you want in the trim and color will ever be available to purchase. No wonder some have moved on.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts
[QUOTE

But if you want, there's quite a few 2014 Tech still around...and even six or seven Advance Package still new and available.

If somebody's stuck with a 2014, he's been paying interest on the floor plan for quite some time now, and he's likely to give you a damned good deal.

:-)[/QUOTE]

I wonder/suspect Acura held back 2016's trying to help their dealers unload the remaining 2014's. I sure hope they sell a lot of ILX's and TLX's to make up for the shortfall.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
Wow-Acura sure does not make obtaining a 2016 Sport Hybrid easy !!!
I still don't understand Acura's approach. Acura really needs to say something to customers, or at least to the dealers so there is consistency of message.

It there is a supply issue, say so instead of stringing interested people along.

If they just want it to be a limited release, say so in order for those who can't get one to move along to another car.
pgeorg (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I was given a new delivery date today of 7/6. I have no words.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Did they give you a reason for the delay?
If yours is delayed, i can imagine how long it will be for ours......:-(
Old 06-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Racer

That does not sound good, make me wonder how long it will take me to even get a delivery date, all I have now is the dealer order. They told me they will keep a watch on it but it could be awhile. They just don't know. Why would Acura even bother releasing the availability of the 2016 SH on jun 3rd if they can't tell customers when they can deliver
Old 06-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

It's only a week's delay. It was supposed to be a 6/26-28 delivery originally IIRC. Now it's delayed to just after the holiday. Not too bad IMHO. I'd be worried for TampaRL if the delay was a month.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

you guys will never learn. I'm done giving Acura the benefit of the doubt...

Oh wait...im being negative. Shame on me.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
I certainly understand your frustration, but for what it's worth... the Sport Hybrid RLX is worth the wait.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:17 AM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore
I certainly understand your frustration, but for what it's worth... the Sport Hybrid RLX is worth the wait.
I don't know if Tampa is going to feel that way. Between the excruciating wait and effort to buy the car and all of us beta testers praising the h*ll out of the car, I think Tampa may find his new car overhyped. We have created some pretty large expectations (not that I am taking back any of the nice things I have said about the joy I experience when driving the Sport Hybrid).

Either way I am certainly looking forward to reading about Tampa's impressions. He always seems to be an extremely knowledgble and objective judge of automobiles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Malibu Flyer:
fsmith (06-27-2015), hondamore (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 06:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by holografique
you guys will never learn. I'm done giving Acura the benefit of the doubt...

Oh wait...im being negative. Shame on me.
It ok, we expect that from you

Oh, by the way I don't drink beer, just scotch. After TampaRL delay I had one.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Grandpa

Oh, by the way I don't drink beer, just scotch.

That's strange. I'd think people coded for Scotch would also like beer, considering the similarities in the base product.

The people I run across who like beer and Scotch mightn't like the grape, however.

My genetics are northern European (English, Danish, German, Norwegian) but my "heritage" has a lot of Greek in it (don't ask). So although I might be "coded" for Scotch and beer, I can also appreciate the grape.

If you can stomach ouzo and retsina, you can take almost anything.

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
...I think Tampa may find his new car overhyped. We have created some pretty large expectations....
I think you're right that sometimes we talk about it in a way that is perhaps unreasonable. I try to be honest, but realistic. In terms of its performance, it is much quicker and faster than Honda ever said, but it's not a super car by any means.

The engineer-type who was at my house for the interview process was positively beaming radiance when I described how the two rear motors behaved when pressed to the limit in a close hauled heel. He was very happy that people would occasionally drive the car like that, and he agreed that they might want to change the programming a little for the NSX and other future Sport Hybrid, but he was mostly just very happy that people were appreciating that aspect of the car.

Something that he did not seem to like was that I'd occasionally press Sport Mode to eliminate hesitation when pulling out into traffic. He thought they'd done a better job of it and he seemed to regret that somebody would ever feel that it was necessary.

Why would Acura even bother releasing the availability of the 2016 SH on jun 3rd if they can't tell customers when they can deliver[?]
Now we can wait for that spy satellite photograph of field of 2016 Sport Hybrids in North American trim...in a field in Saitama Prefecture, not even shipped yet.

That's what happened with the 2014 model year. We couldn't figure out why dealers didn't have them yet, and then we got an overhead shot of a field full of them, still sitting in Japan.
pgeorg (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

It is official, RLX Sport Hybrid going on sale!

Originally Posted by George Knighton
That's what happened with the 2014 model year. We couldn't figure out why dealers didn't have them yet, and then we got an overhead shot of a field full of them, still sitting in Japan.
As I recall, it was TampaRL who found that satellite shot on Google Maps. I wouldn't put it past him to find his car on a map somewhere.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
I don't know if Tampa is going to feel that way. Between the excruciating wait and effort to buy the car and all of us beta testers praising the h*ll out of the car, I think Tampa may find his new car overhyped. We have created some pretty large expectations (not that I am taking back any of the nice things I have said about the joy I experience when driving the Sport Hybrid).

Either way I am certainly looking forward to reading about Tampa's impressions. He always seems to be an extremely knowledgble and objective judge of automobiles.
Thank You Malibu. (That sounds like a pop tune title).

The beta testers have not overhyped the car in my opinion. I had opportunity to compare the SH with the PAWS in March 2014, which I posted some observations. Then came the wait, delays, silence and debacle.

But I had already decided the car was worthy. It has been the brand missteps that have challenged that. So in that sense, the beta testers only confirm what I already experienced. But where the beta testers have given me valuable insight is that the SH has had no fundamental issues with this new drivetrain technology. I have never been a 1st year model early adopter. I always choose to watch 6 months to a year of reviews and consumer experiences before making the jump. But since the 2014 SH was delayed and there was no 2015 SH it monkey wrenched my plan. The 2016 SH seemed to be the solution as it added content I felt needed to be more market competitive and mostly, it seems to have addressed the suspension issues I noted when I drove the PAWS in its early release.

Patience is a virtue, and of late I am low on virtue. I personally, do not wish to be a beta tester, and do not take that label as a badge of honor. Nor am I keen on being an early adopter. But I also suffer from analysis paralysis and when I am ready to move I am frustrated with delays.

Where I do feel like a beta tester is with Acura's delivery method of this model car. As I mentioned previously I have had Acura leadership engaged and for that reason I will be discreet. But it is clear they can do better. If they want to party with an exclusive vehicle, flagship clientele and a tsunami of poor market opinion, sloppy silence is not a winning game plan. If you think about it, they are expecting to sell MORE NSXs than RLX SH. Does that make us exclusive or dismissive? Acura's delivery method points to the latter.

And yes, I did find the 2014 SH RLXs on Google Earth after conflicting rumors and BS excuses from Acura resources. (I often wonder how many people saw that post and had the *Holy Shit* moment?). That was the beginning of my declining view of the brand. Not in the products, but in the brand's representation of them.

I will share my observations of the SH RLX if it ever does arrive. As Bob mentions, it is only just over a week of delay. It does complicate my RL sale to out of state buyers who already purchased airline tickets to take my RL to Dallas. And finding out at 5pm on Friday when I had expectations of at least seeing at the dealer by today is the rub. Cleary I could have been notified before then.

I think the car will be all I hope for. This was intended to be a birthday present to myself. But is the party ever any good after you have had your car breakdown, been mugged, caught in a hailstorm, a phone call that your dog died, acute diarrhea, eyeglasses broken and road detours all happen on your way to that party?

I trying the best I can.
The following 4 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
fsmith (06-27-2015), neuronbob (06-27-2015), pgeorg (06-27-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
But where the beta testers have given me valuable insight is that the SH has had no fundamental issues with this new drivetrain technology. I have never been a 1st year model early adopter. I always choose to watch 6 months to a year of reviews and consumer experiences before making the jump.
Whether or not you are as crazy about the car as the rest of us on this forum, I think it is safe to say that the Acura engineers nailed the electric/gas SH-AWD technology. I also was concerned, and I was 95% sure it was going to be okay at the first test drive of the production car, and now at seven months, I am 100%! Enjoy.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
When I bought my Sport Hybrid it was a leap of blind faith, particularly in regard to the new hybrid technology and drive train. As with many others here, it was the test drive that sold me on the car. The innovation produced silky smooth but powerful acceleration yet the car was quiet, large and comfortable. In short it was beyond my expectations.

The leap of faith was that the technology would be relieble and that unknown glitches wouldn't show up. A half hour test drive doesn't find anything but very obvious problems. In regard to this technology, in hindsight, my leap of faith was rewarded. in regard to other things, particularly the infotainment system, my blind faith proved misplaced. Who would suspect that the infotainment system in my '05 RL was better than in the RLX?

My next Acura, I think I will subscribe to the wisdom of Tampa and never purchase version 1.0 of a new car. I will have less blind faith. I'll consider myself "from Missouri" next time.
RLX-Sport Hybrid (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Racer

TampaRL
If I remember you stated your vin was 47, so it makes me wonder where are the 46 cars prior to your Vin? I like you are not use to waiting for a car. My kids know me, this is the second time I went to a dealer as long as I have been buying cars and did not leave with a car. Both were Acura, first the 2015, but I knew when the car would be in, 2 weeks. The other is the SH AWD that appears to be a longer wait and not sure how long. Even with your connection it appears you still had to wait months, correct.

George
Been drink scotch, and only scotch, since I was 18. Back then you could drink in NY at 18. Never care for carbonation, I don't even drink soda. My favor is Glenlivet.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

TampaRL
If I remember you stated your vin was 47, so it makes me wonder where are the 46 cars prior to your Vin?
I do not know the exact manner in which the VIN #s are assigned. However #47 was the 1st SH RLX in the configuration I requested: SH Advanced Graphite Luster over Graystone.

Likely the previous 46 VINs were other configurations of Techs, Advanced, and other color combinations different than what I requested.

My order being 0001 means that my SH RLX was the 1st 2016 that corporate assigned to a dealer. The others were probably subsequent requests that were assigned afterwards. So basically the 1st VIN config to roll off the assembly line was not necessarily the 1st SH to be assigned to a destination dealership.

That is my best understanding.
woropallo (06-28-2015)
Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 141 Posts
I have stated earlier in the various Sport Hybrid threads when I was still very excited and interested in obtaining one, that what Acura is missing in a customers car purchase is the emotional aspect of the process. Misinformation, silence, dealers who do not know anything either and delay after delay kill that part of the buying experience.

This is why I chose to go in a different direction, and when my MDX lease expires I may (or may not) try to get a Sport Hybrid. Acura Corporate should consider themselves lucky I remained loyal to the brand I like. I will say though that in three years from now, if you cannot place an order for the color and trim that I desire and be assured of production of that unit, I will not get this model then either.

I hope that the Company improves this situation. I am not sure they care to, which is mind boggling and would be a real shame (on them).
The following 2 users liked this post by Pens Fan:
acuranj18 (06-28-2015), hondamore (06-28-2015)
Old 06-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks like they finally added remote engine start, but only for the Advance package.

I added the after-market remote start to my 2014 RLX Hybrid, but you really have to be within visual range of the car for it to work. However, it was nice when we were at the beach last week: I could step out the door of the condo and look down on the parking lot to start it.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
...Acura is missing in a customers car purchase is the emotional aspect of the process. Misinformation, silence, dealers who do not know anything either and delay after delay kill that part of the buying experience.
Indeed. Unless the emotions Acura is seeking are based on indifference and neglect.

This is not a luxury brand experience. This is not a flagship car buying experience (considering it is the flagship of 2 brands).

I stand behind my dealership but the are as frustrated as I am. I have not viewed Acura as a luxury mark for a decade. Premium at best. But the 8 months of brand and model hunting surprised me that many mainstream brands do it better. I cannot speak to the efficiency of the delivery process but I was very impressed with the communication and regular contact I had from Audi (both dealer and corporate) when I ordered the A8.

In the information age we now live in there is NO excuse for the 'Officially on Sale Black Hole' business model Acura has excreted.
The following 7 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
acuranj18 (06-28-2015), holografique (06-28-2015), hondamore (06-28-2015), JonFo (06-28-2015), Malibu Flyer (06-28-2015), neuronbob (06-28-2015), woropallo (06-28-2015) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
TampaRL
If I remember you stated your vin was 47, so it makes me wonder where are the 46 cars prior to your Vin? I like you are not use to waiting for a car. My kids know me, this is the second time I went to a dealer as long as I have been buying cars and did not leave with a car.
I have about six more weeks -- vin number 31 of the new 2016 batch is coming to Cleveland in August and it has my name on it. I turned down a graphite one only because I can't keep a dark car clean in the Ohio winters, but fortunately the sales manager was finally able to secure the silver. After waiting 2.5 years, I was considering a used moped with a side-car...anything to replace my M56x.

I imagine these district managers are buying/selling these cars like the old-timer Wall Street guys yelling at each other in the pits. Get 'em while you can...or see that they dredge up for 2017.
The following 6 users liked this post by anakin44011:
fsmith (06-29-2015), hondamore (06-28-2015), neuronbob (06-28-2015), pgeorg (06-28-2015), TampaRLX-SH (06-28-2015), woropallo (06-28-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ hey wait a minute TampaRL, you're not allowed to be negative....

Old 07-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Racer

Just thought I would post an update on my quest to purchase a 2016 RLX SH. Well it been a month and a half since I pulled the trigger, what ever that means when trying to buy this car. I got as call yesterday from the sale associate telling me that my order just made it to the supplement list. He say that a good thing but does not know what it means. They still have no date or information on it with regard to a production or delivery date. In fact he told me not to say anything to the sales manager if I saw him, I am going in next week for the recall, since he was told not to say anything to me since they still are not sure when or if they will get the car. Boy, what a way to keep me motivated. As this situation keeps moving out the value of my trade keep moving down at the speed of light. Two months ago the car had a trade in value of around 44k, a month ago that move down to 38k, today I am getting quotes for 36k. At this rate I will be paying them to take my care. Talk about depreciation, WOW! OMG am I starting to sound like holografigure. Well I am starting to understand his situation and pain. I may not have from a car problem situation like him, but I would say I have it from a dealing with Acura situation.

Last edited by woropallo; 07-17-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: It is official, RLX Sport Hybrid going on sale!