AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   Krell Audio volume issue (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/krell-audio-volume-issue-965193/)

Limelight 12-10-2017 06:50 AM

Krell Audio volume issue

Yesterday I was out for short drive in the Sport Hybrid and put on some music from my iPod which is connected by cable inside my console. I immediately noticed that the volume was off - the music was very quiet despite even applying maximum volume. At first I thought it was perhaps the particular song’s recording quality but quickly realized it was a system issue.

When I got to a street light, I put the car in park and turned it off and then restarted it - and it solved the problem.

Anyone else experience this? Just wondering if it was just a system brain fart or a sign that perhaps my battery is dying and at start up, there wasn’t enough juice to power the amp. It’s never happened to me before....

George Knighton 12-10-2017 07:34 AM

I have only been able to use my iPod connection for charging ever since iOS 11 came out.

I don't know what changed, but my iPhone can no longer use the iPod connection to play high quality music.

Bluetooth works most of the time, but the reason you'll want to use the iPod connection with Krell Audio is your ability to get very high fidelity audio off of the iPod function.

So much about Apple + iOS 11 + Honda has been very disappointing.

pgeorg 12-10-2017 08:46 AM

Again, this has been working very well for me.......

Music or audiobooks coming from the USB connection, works great! High Fidelity as always....iOS 11.2.

Bluetooth works great also......

George Knighton 12-10-2017 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by pgeorg (Post 16146119)
Again, this has been working very well for me.......

Music or audiobooks coming from the USB connection, works great! High Fidelity as always....iOS 11.2.

Bluetooth works great also......

That's it.

I'm driving over there.

pgeorg 12-10-2017 09:46 AM

:)

Philisophe 12-10-2017 02:46 PM

There is an Art & Science to this connection.. at least for the sound issues.. I have managed the Art Portion

I have noticed that when I start the car and then Plug In my I Phone ..the music fails to play ..period .. although the screen shows charging...so when I disconnect..start Spotify .

Only then....After Ive started the vehicle.. then reinstall the cable ..while Spotify is playing ...all is good.

Bluetooth works well period...Syncing Data is another Issue..

koolcal60 12-20-2017 01:02 AM

krell audio system

hi I have 2017 Rex with the advanced package u are going to keep having this problem when steaming music or playing a cd the system can't take certain highs or bass and the amps overheat which causes the system to shut down where u have to pull over or come to a traffic light and restart the car this is
a major problem or I kept going back to dealer about this problem where they have the car now and trying to fix it if it continue after they try to either repair or or change the system I will do a lemon law on the car its not big issue with Acura because they don't sell that many rlxs solve the problem goes unoticed and most Rlx owners don't played heavy bass music like rap and loud rock so they don't mention it and they appeal the car too a much older buyer group who may not push there volume to a certain level when steaming music or playing cds but try playing music with bass and watch your radio cut off around 23volume with the level goes all the way up to 40 I will kept o posted on what they are going to do with my car between Honda and Acura at first they going to try to blame u saying u playing the music too loud but its not its the krell audio system malfunctioned if u want too look at my Rlx go to blague diamond wheels .com go to gallery and select Acura and u see koolcal Rlx for some reason I can't post my pictures on this site

miner 01-02-2018 07:19 AM

^ Phew - that is ne long sentence.

If my volume does not sound right on my iTouch in the RLX I will always check the volume setting on the iTouch to be sure it is not set at a lower volume.

rfreeman11 01-11-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Limelight (Post 16146103)
Yesterday I was out for short drive in the Sport Hybrid and put on some music from my iPod which is connected by cable inside my console. I immediately noticed that the volume was off - the music was very quiet despite even applying maximum volume. At first I thought it was perhaps the particular song’s recording quality but quickly realized it was a system issue.

When I got to a street light, I put the car in park and turned it off and then restarted it - and it solved the problem.

Anyone else experience this? Just wondering if it was just a system brain fart or a sign that perhaps my battery is dying and at start up, there wasn’t enough juice to power the amp. It’s never happened to me before....

Had this happen last week, it was anything over Bluetooth, Pandora both native and through the Bluetooth source (Which I believe is the same). Phone Calls were fine. Restarting the car fixed it. Man I wish I could pull the whole system out and replace it with a MY16 system.

thoiboi 01-11-2018 10:33 AM

or the colder temps are preventing the amp at working at full capacity as well :dunno: same goes for the battery

DuvShack 03-03-2018 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by rfreeman11 (Post 16163104)
Had this happen last week, it was anything over Bluetooth, Pandora both native and through the Bluetooth source (Which I believe is the same). Phone Calls were fine. Restarting the car fixed it. Man I wish I could pull the whole system out and replace it with a MY16 system.

What changed in MY16? I'm looking at an '18 now.

LariMz 08-18-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by koolcal60 (Post 16151485)
hi I have 2017 Rex with the advanced package u are going to keep having this problem when steaming music or playing a cd the system can't take certain highs or bass and the amps overheat which causes the system to shut down where u have to pull over or come to a traffic light and restart the car this is
a major problem or I kept going back to dealer about this problem where they have the car now and trying to fix it if it continue after they try to either repair or or change the system I will do a lemon law on the car its not big issue with Acura because they don't sell that many rlxs solve the problem goes unoticed and most Rlx owners don't played heavy bass music like rap and loud rock so they don't mention it and they appeal the car too a much older buyer group who may not push there volume to a certain level when steaming music or playing cds but try playing music with bass and watch your radio cut off around 23volume with the level goes all the way up to 40 I will kept o posted on what they are going to do with my car between Honda and Acura at first they going to try to blame u saying u playing the music too loud but its not its the krell audio system malfunctioned if u want too look at my Rlx go to blague diamond wheels .com go to gallery and select Acura and u see koolcal Rlx for some reason I can't post my pictures on this site

Did you ever find out the solution to this? My 2014 RLX does the same thing!