Getting Tired of Start Up Electronics Issues

Old 09-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 94 Posts
Getting Tired of Start Up Electronics Issues

My 2016 hybrid advance after starting is often giving me the dark instruction screen saying it lost GPS contact, etc. and takes 5+ minutes for this notification screen to disappear when return normal phone, navigation and other functions then return. Those five minutes are valuable minutes for making calls, setting navigation instructions for a trip, etc. Additionally, I've also periodically have the no ACC issue meaning no cruise control for that trip until I take an exit ramp, stop the car, turn off the engine, sit for 20 seconds and restart the car, hoping the system spins up properly so I don't have to take the next interstate exit and repeat the process.

My 2014 PAWs also had these issues. I have my car checked for all system updates every time it goes in the shop for servicing.

Honda/Acura surely is aware of these issues. Anyone have a guess for why for three model years (14, 15, 16) these issues have not been resolved? I mean, dadgummit, this has got to be a software loading issue that can be solved, yes?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:58 PM
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 94 Posts
I test drove a 2017 Audi Allroad last weekend and found its electronics were blazing fast as in ready to go after starting the car, instant camera when put into reverse and instant phone connection. I have to figuratively wrestle my 2016 to switch from my iPhone to handsfree. I have to do the call with the iPhone, tell the other party I am switching to handsfree and that there will be a period when they will think the call has dropped. I love everything about this car except the issues being raised in these two posts. My 2014 PAWs did not have the iPhone lag and I could call directly from the phone and hit handsfree with immediate conversion to handsfree.

Anyone else having the iPhone dialing to handsfree lag problem?
Old 09-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
I can't speak to the iPhone issues as I am an Android user, but the other stuff should get looked at by the dealer. Seems like a simple update is needed.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I take electrical gremlins pretty personally.

I'd take the car to the dealer and see whether there's an update. If not, the only way Acura knows of issues with these cars is for you to be a squeaky wheel. I had to do that with my Hybrid, as you have probably already read.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:30 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the same lag/delay problems in my 2017 RLX Advance. Delayed "boot up" and long gaps between pressing "buttons," etc. for input and the function showing up on the top display or being executed. I also had situations where the top display would go completely dark forcing me to stop and restart the car to get the display functional again. (The bottom display does not have any problems.) I have been into the dealership twice and they say there is no update or other information on the issue. On my last visit, they replaced the top display and that seems to have helped somewhat. One tech questioned whether the iPod I have plugged into the system is somehow interfering with the electronics and suggested that I disconnect the iPod if the problems resurface.

Search this Thread