Color question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Color question

I am looking at picking up a CPO RLX in the next month or so, but I have a question I am hoping someone/ones on this board can help me with. I have owned a number of Acura Cars over the years and have seen just about every color they offer, EXCEPT... Gilded Pewter Metallic. When I think of Pewter I think gray, but when I see pictures of the RLX in Gilded Pewter, it almost looks light gold. Are the pictures correct, or is a more a shiny Light Gray?

Any thoughts would help.

Randy
Old 04-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
It is one of those metallic colors that shifts tone depending on the light. I think it comes across as a champagne metallic. In the sun, more gold tones come into view. In shade or low light, the grays come out.

The following 3 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
hondamore (04-13-2017), justnspace (04-13-2017), rfreeman11 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Acura loves to throw in different types of metallic flake and pearls in their paints to add more depth!

I recently detailed a Nissan Frontier and that thing did not have a single pearl or flake in it, SUPER FLAT WHITE...makes you appreciate acura's multi-depth, color changing paint
The following users liked this post:
rfreeman11 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
Gilded Pewter Metallic was my first choice for color for my RLX but was not available in the Sport Hybrid at the time of my purchase.

It is a very "rich", classy looking color in my opinion. It is a bit like (and in my opinion even nicer than) the old Desert Mist Metallic from the Legend and the 2G RL. I believe that it is one of the less common colors in the RLX meaning that you'll have a very rare color of a very rare car.

Just my two cents. Good luck with your purchase.
rfreeman11 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

Thanks Guys! Now if I can just find Acura Apps for my Windows phone.....
moose66 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by rfreeman11
Thanks Guys! Now if I can just find Acura Apps for my Windows phone.....
Good luck with that my fellow Windows phone user! If you come across ANYTHING app wise, let me know!
Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by moose66
Good luck with that my fellow Windows phone user! If you come across ANYTHING app wise, let me know!
We are a dying breed it would seem, I know the app gap is real, but I just can't move off of Windows Mobile....
Old 04-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

AcuraLink Apps (Connect, Streams and Roadside Assistance) are not available in Windows format.

I too am a windows phone fan. But when I got my SH, I switched to android specifically so I could leverage the AcuraLink apps, Pandora, Aha, Text messaging, etc. Android offers many more apps and features, but the constant updates upset the stability of the apps. It seems like each week I have to find a new workaround for an app / feature. Windows was much more stable and static (I cannot believe I just said that!).
The following 2 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
moose66 (04-13-2017), rfreeman11 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
Color blind

Can't help at all, my wife insists I'm color blind. If it's not one of the 3 basic food groups I'm lost.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Windows Mobile is still alive?
They could have owned the market if they had executed
Old 04-14-2017, 07:44 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I am looking at picking up a CPO RLX in the next month or so, but I have a question I am hoping someone/ones on this board can help me with. I have owned a number of Acura Cars over the years and have seen just about every color they offer, EXCEPT... Gilded Pewter Metallic. When I think of Pewter I think gray, but when I see pictures of the RLX in Gilded Pewter, it almost looks light gold. Are the pictures correct, or is a more a shiny Light Gray?

Any thoughts would help.

Randy
Gilded Pewter.

:-) It's as if someone gilt over pewter, and it will appear an almost gold to most of us.
rfreeman11 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts
It's a handsome color. I drove one while I was looking last Fall. No downside, in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Scott in AZ
It's a handsome color. I drove one while I was looking last Fall. No downside, in my opinion.
I think it is growing on me.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Talking BluWinHD

I have seen a couple of Gilded Pewters out there and gold would probably be the easiest color group to put it in.

I still switch back to my Windows Blu Win HD phone now and then. I do like the Windows Phone OS, too bad it did not catch on. Like Acura sometimes does, MS kind of just gave up and did not really release many phones over the last few years, so that did not help.

1 thing it does that my Android does not, is show the contact's pictures on screen when I call someone. That is a nice touch.

No Acura apps unfortunately. Maybe when they combine the phone & desktop platforms? With Android Auto & Apple Car Play coming to Acura, I would not get my hopes up for much Windows integration.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by TSX69
No Acura apps unfortunately. Maybe when they combine the phone & desktop platforms? With Android Auto & Apple Car Play coming to Acura, I would not get my hopes up for much Windows integration.
Like Acura, I have not yet given up on Windows Phone. Since MS purchased Nokia, they are re-branding Nokia to be their internal Windows Phone supplier. The Surface phone was all ready to be released when this purchase of Nokia occurred. Now the Surface Phone will built by Nokia and will achieve that 'full windows experience' regardless of which device you are using with this platform. Further, the next Windows OS (which will be used on Surface phones) will supposedly permit use of Android apps on the Windows OS. In theory then, you can run the Android versions of the Acura apps on the Surface phone. This would eliminate the exclusion of Windows devices from the typical Android and iOS only platforms. It would also put Windows phones into a competitive playing field. Android will still have market advantages with it's close Samsung relationship. But Windows Surface (Nokia) can be formidable as well. I thought the Lumia series was ahead of the Samsung curve when 1st released (hardware wise). But the diversity of Android offerings and the strength of the iOS eco-system kept Windows from taking hold. Interesting you draw parallels to Acura.

Ultimately, car interfaces will become slaves to smart phone interfaces. Right now, Android and Apple own that market.

*fingers crossed*

Last edited by TampaRLX-SH; 04-16-2017 at 10:03 AM.
moose66 (04-16-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TampaRLX-SH
Like Acura, I have not yet given up on Windows Phone. Since MS purchased Nokia, they are re-branding Nokia to be their internal Windows Phone supplier. The Surface phone was all ready to be released when this purchase of Nokia occurred. Now the Surface Phone will built by Nokia and will achieve that 'full windows experience' regardless of which device you are using with this platform. Further, the next Windows OS (which will be used on Surface phones) will supposedly permit use of Android apps on the Windows OS. In theory then, you can run the Android versions of the Acura apps on the Surface phone. This would eliminate the exclusion of Windows devices from the typical Android and iOS only platforms. It would also put Windows phones into a competitive playing field. Android will still have market advantages with it's close Samsung relationship. But Windows Surface (Nokia) can be formidable as well. I thought the Lumia series was ahead of the Samsung curve when 1st released (hardware wise). But the diversity of Android offerings and the strength of the iOS eco-system kept Windows from taking hold. Interesting you draw parallels to Acura.

Ultimately, car interfaces will become slaves to smart phone interfaces. Right now, Android and Apple own that market.

*fingers crossed*
I thought MS had yanked the Android cross-load program. I was running Android apps on my 950 about this time last year on the insider program, it was hit or miss (More hit than Miss) the only things that didn't work were apps that called back to the play store. I thought it was moving along really well, but then they shut it down almost without warning.

As for the surface phone, I will be one of the first in line for it, but UWP needs to really catch on, or it will only nip at Apple and Android's heels. The fact that Microsoft now has a branded Samsung S8 phone running android kind of points in a terrible directing for us windows users.

In advance of my RLX purchase I am moving back to my S7 Edge. It really is killing me, some of the things the W10M phone does native in the TSX that the S7E can't do is laughable.

As a side note, I am looking at 2014 RLXs to replace my Stolen TSX SE (wife told me she was going to drive it to the store 3 weeks ago and I have yet to drive it again.....) I have read all about the strut/Damper issue with the 14/15 models and the TSBs. How worried about that should I be if the car is still under warranty?
Old 04-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
How worried about that should I be if the car is still under warranty?
Well there is still no real fix for that problem unfortunately. They can change the dampers (TSB), but that does not do much. The problem is either still there, or it returns.

Knowing this, warranty won't help you much .
rfreeman11 (04-16-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
I was told the TSB was changed last month when I went in to have that done to my car. The dealership told me the update and parts will be out at the end of June which is when they told me to bring my car back to have that resolved. Hopefully it work, as of right now having the issue. The only thing is is doing is loud bang noise when I go over big bumps which is pretty annoying.
pgeorg (04-17-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Question Blue

Did not think that this was worthy of a new thread but I noticed that the Acura website now has a Sporty Hybrid section: Sport Hybrid Models Acura.com

The RLX pictured looks navy/blue ... ? Is this just the lighting or is Acura experimenting with expanding the RLX's color pallette?

The following 2 users liked this post by TSX69:
hondamore (04-25-2017), pgeorg (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Cool, and it only took Acura 4 years to do this.......
Old 04-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69

Did not think that this was worthy of a new thread but I noticed that the Acura website now has a Sporty Hybrid section: Sport Hybrid Models Acura.com

The RLX pictured looks navy/blue ... ? Is this just the lighting or is Acura experimenting with expanding the RLX's color pallette?

It's the lighting - that colour is Graphite Luster Metallic. I've seen that image used in other Acura literature.