Changing the Battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Changing the Battery

My battery has now been in the "yellow": for quite a while now. Yellow meaning that it doesn't have the same amount of cranking amps as it did before. I take my car to Honda to get service every time. I don't want the car to not start on me at some point though. I haven't had any trouble with it atleast yet. I just looked in some kind of thread on this forum and it says something about not using the same 12V checker thing? When you replace the battery, there is more then just putting a new battery in? Also how low should the cranking amps be before I replace it? Acura said it wasn't bad enough to replace yet several months ago.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
these batteries go fast once they start to go bad. I would act fast. I had it checked at an auto parts store after having to get a jump and they said no need to replace. Next day dead again and Dealer confirmed bad.
Usually the tell tale sign is that the steering wheel will not telescope out when starting the car. In my experience, once that happens, you have a couple weeks before you need a jump.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Weak batteries don't like extreme conditions. Heat and cold will cause weak batteries to fail without warning. I'd get a new one at first sign of an issue.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
OEM batteries

When I buy a new Acura, first thing I do is rid the OEM battery as they barely do their job with all the electronic in these modern vehicles.....(cut cost measures-screw the consumer)....I get a top of line Sears Die hard 520 amp battery for a peace of mind.... Just make sure the Sears battery is checked before buying.... I've bought one that was bad as it sat too long on the shelf ...... Good luck !!!!
Old 06-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
OEM batteries

When I buy a new Acura, first thing I do is rid the OEM battery as they barely do their job with all the electronic in these modern vehicles.....(cut cost measures-screw the consumer)....I get a top of line Sears Die hard 520 amp battery for a peace of mind.... Just make sure the Sears battery is checked before buying.... I've bought one that was bad as it sat too long on the shelf ...... Good luck !!!!