Can someone find me any positive articles for the RLX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Can someone find me any positive articles for the RLX?

I have looked around and saw nothing but bad reviews. I went to barnes and noble today and looked at consumer reports. The report in that wasn't good at all and I don't think they are bias toward anything there. The other car I am looking at, the GS 2013 was recommended by them but still not even that got the red circles in every category. They talked about how rough the ride quality is in RL and how the owners are not happy with it etc. Are there any articles anywhere positive about it? I am not trying to knock the brand or anything, just trying to give me something good to make me want to get it. There are no cars on the market that make me say "oh wow, what a great car and a steal of a price".
When I look at the car I think Honda accord which is fine. The most expensive Honda accord is around $36K, these used are $37K or so and have a lot better sound, better wheels, better interior. So I think Honda accord a little larger and 10K worth of upgrades and getting a great price. I also like the idea that no one has one of these. I have to use my mind on this purchase. What good is a 400hp sports sedan? When are you going to ever get to use that speed? I don't drive crazy, I don't have winding roads. I just basically drive from one place too another and this car sounds fine. I just don't want the thing to fall apart after 100K miles and warranty is over. Or they don't have the parts because this thing looked like a flop and they only made them for 3-4 years and gave up after that. I see that a few other people share the same feelings as me. They don't want to be like "I wish I didn't buy that".
I got sidetracked here but if anyone sees any good reviews let me know where to read.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Instead of buying a car based on a review by someone else who doesn't know your needs why don't you go test drive an rlx in person ?

If you like it buy it

If you don't like it don't buy it

If you need someone else to justify your purchase by writing positive articles about it, you have bigger problems in life.

My last family car Lexus ct200 and current family car tsx wagon have gotten horrible reviews from everybody. Over priced underpowered blah blah

But it works for my needs

Try living your life and making your purchases based on your needs and likes
The following 9 users liked this post by 2012wagon:
07Acuradude (04-23-2015), 2011TL (04-22-2015), George Knighton (04-22-2015), hondamore (04-22-2015), MisterZDX (04-23-2015), neuronbob (04-22-2015), pgeorg (04-23-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (04-23-2015), woropallo (04-23-2015) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Racer

I want to see if there are any positive reviews. I don't have any friends that have this car. Test driving a car for 10 minutes doesn't give you a good idea of how the car is. If you can take 3 days or a week driving it then you can get an idea of how good the car is. The people that write the reviews get more then just a 10 minute test drive with the car. Once you buy this your stuck with it unless you want to take a 7K hit like I did once and traded it back in, in just 1 week. When I was test driving it, it was in semi heavy traffic and I wasn't gone more then 10 minutes so it is hard to make a lot of assumptions about the car. A long term test like they do in some of those magazines would be helpful. I think motor trend did one but I don't think it was a positive article.
I have been a member here since I was in club lexus and never seen anyone that had a 3rd gen lexus (like I have now) or a 4th Gen lexus (out right now) say anything bad about the car after they got it after the first few months or year. There is a lot of people on here that have a dislike for their car and they haven't had it that long at all and that is what worries me.
I bought an upgraded NSX and to me it was the worst car I ever bought. I had a love/hate relationship with it. IT is very nice to look at, good to drive on a regular road. But get that thing on anything with pot holes or a bad road and it is the worst riding thing on the earth, it made me wish I kept the vette.
I am just trying to figure out what is the best car for me to get right now (or when mine goes out). Having all the facts infront of me helps that decision. Like hearing how the RLX was dropped out of the lineup and no longer in the center of whatever picture that acura shows any more. It makes me wonder what are they going to do with it. I don't want to buy a car and then they drop it out and never sell it again. They might drop the RLX and come out with the legend who knows.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Car good, Navi bad
not sure what the Infinity's navi is like, but the BMW Navi is far superior
I'd still buy my RLX PAWS for the price I got
Old 04-23-2015, 05:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...g-21-a-875410/

Read and enjoy. Mixed bag of reviews in this thread. Many concentrate on value for money at MSRP. You will be buying for tens of thousands less, so value will be better for you. Used, PAWS RLX is a steal.
The following users liked this post:
3.2cls6speedmt (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:34 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Your posts consistently seem to imply you have a difficult time making decisions and rely on the opinions of others to steer you.

Only you can determine if the value proposition is right for you. Do you like the look, features and performance of the car? Are you comfortable with what it typically sells for? Do you plan on keeping the car for a considerable period of time?

From what I read, the main gripe of owners is that the car has a rough ride. I've had the car for less than a week and I can concur - it does with the 19's anyway. I knew that going into my purchase. The other main gripe is that some paid full MSRP and now the vehicles used are going for much less. That spells good news for you not bad news. You can now get a hell of a good car for significantly less money. Winning

Bottom line - it's an Acura - not a Lada. It will prove to be more reliable than most long term. Who cares if they discontinue the RLX in the future. That just means the car you drive becomes even more exclusive. I like that to be honest.

Buy what makes you happy - not what makes others happy. Every morning I get into my car and feel like a million bucks. Buy something that makes you feel the same way and you'll never look back.
The following 4 users liked this post by Limelight:
hondamore (04-23-2015), MisterZDX (04-23-2015), pgeorg (04-23-2015), woropallo (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Well if you hated your nsx , which had amazing reviews.....
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 PM
2007 LSM KB1 Tech w/CMBS

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
The problem was you bought an "upgraded" NSX which probably meant it was lowered with stiffer shocks/springs and had 18" & 19" tires. Of course it was going to beat the hell out of you. My '97 NSX-T was totally bone stock suspension-wise and was the best-riding performance car I have ever driven.

I agree with everybody else, screw what some jerkwater on a website or car mag thinks. Go drive whatever car you like for an hour or so, you'll get a pretty good idea of if it's going to work for you or not. Good luck---
Old 04-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
most dealers allow extended test drives.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:21 PM
Racer

The nsx I had, had comptech everything. it was lowered it had a comptech clutch that felt like 100lbs pushing in etc. I agree with you canadaTL (hopefully that is your nick). I want something someone else doesn't have. I am finding deals on 350 GS's all day long here and I can't pull the trigger. If I get my hands on another RLX I would do it now. There is a RLX in Alabama that was in a minor wreck according to autocheck (I have an account now). Private owner wants $38,900 but I am only going to offer $36K because of that wreck even though it has 6K miles on it. I think that is fair considering the history of the car and resale value. I just can't find a good deal on a RLX right now they are disappearing. That one guy said don't get the ones out of NY they are ripoffs so that leaves that place out. Anyone see a good deal on a RLX advanced with 20K miles or under let me know and msg me.
There is a 2014 GS F-sport with 7K miles and 8K in options for $41,900 and I can't pull the trigger on it.