AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   American Honda Survey (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/american-honda-survey-973159/)

moose66 09-12-2018 01:32 PM

American Honda Survey

Received this short survey today via email . . . . . . it asked how long I have had my car, how many miles I drove a day, if I knew the car had a sport mode, and the % of time I drove in this mode, and also if I knew the vehicle had a reactive force accelerator pedal which could be adjusted, and did I have my mine set for low or high?

Wonder what AH (Acura Division) is up to?

mk5 09-12-2018 02:03 PM

Got one too. Haven’t read it yet.

George Knighton 09-13-2018 09:27 AM

Same survey here. :-)

Wonder what they're up to.

MuGen7Modulo 09-13-2018 09:24 PM

Let's keep it simple. Tell them the Sport button is on all the time.

Limelight 09-14-2018 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo (Post 16297095)
Let's keep it simple. Tell them the Sport button is on all the time.

LOL...

I don't suspect us handful of Canadian owners will be asked, but if I was, my feedback would be as follows:

(1) There should be a few different modes like ECO, a toned-down version of the current Sport mode which is less aggressive and could be used all the time, and Sport + which is an angrier version of the current Sport mode

(2) There should be a setting which allows you to select your mode and keep it that way vs. it always reverting back to ECO at start up

(3) The Sport mode selector button should be on the steering wheel vs. hidden down on the console. When passing and instant response is required, it takes your eyes off the road to find the button in its current location.

George Knighton 09-14-2018 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Limelight (Post 16297192)
(1) There should be a few different modes like ECO, a toned-down version of the current Sport mode which is less aggressive and could be used all the time, and Sport + which is an angrier version of the current Sport mode

I think that's probably the idea, if a significant enough percentage of people reply that they use Sport Mode ⅓ of the time, or something like that.

I only use it when I'm passing on a country road, or something like that where I know I don't want to wait for ICE to come on and shift profiles when I floor it. :-)

(3) The Sport mode selector button should be on the steering wheel vs. hidden down on the console. When passing and instant response is required, it takes your eyes off the road to find the button in its current location.
How long have you had your car? I'm asking because it didn't take me very long to learn how to put my hand down, feel the Braille bumps and know that I'm pushing the right button.

I always miss Brake Hold and have to look, but Sport Mode I've got down pat.

Have you seen that huge honkin' mode wheel on the RDX? 0_0

Limelight 09-14-2018 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 16297294)
How long have you had your car? I'm asking because it didn't take me very long to learn how to put my hand down, feel the Braille bumps and know that I'm pushing the right button.

I always miss Brake Hold and have to look, but Sport Mode I've got down pat.

I've had my car for a year and a half (so not as long as you) but I'm still not comfortable taking one hand off the wheel, while focusing on the prevailing road conditions, to feel blindly for the Sport button - acknowledging that it does have the Braille buttons.

To me that's not enough, especially since I'm doing this at a time requiring more of my attention such as quickly passing a slow vehicle on a busy two lane road (it's easy to find and press the console button while patiently waiting at a street light for example). Invariably, I will always look down to ensure I'm pressing the right button. I just think the button should be on the steering wheel like the M button in an M5 for example. Just my two cents!

neuronbob 09-16-2018 11:21 AM

That's an easy answer. Sport Button all the time. :devilgrin:

Scott in AZ 09-17-2018 01:01 AM

Sport button on all the time except driving to and from work, 9 Miles each way, past two schools. Would love to have the button on the steering wheel, somehow integrated w the shifter paddles.

George Knighton 09-24-2018 06:20 AM

Is anybody else getting mail from dealers offering a new KC2 at favourable terms?