Ouch

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:59 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Ouch

It should buff right out lol...Need new bumper, taillight, reflector, reflector housing and possibly the quarter panel as well.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Oof. How did that happen?
Old 09-29-2018, 12:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
That sucks! What happened? They may be able to straighten out that quarter panel from what I can see.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Yikes . . . . . . . . . I see you are in MA. I'm in Boston this weekend on an extended weekend with my wife. Based on the driving I have seen, there is no way I could see anyone having anything nice to drive here. Driving up here is insane!!!! Right up there with NY and DC. Terrible!!!
Old 09-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

So here is the methodology for driving in the NYC area. You can't leave more than 1.5 to 2 car lengths of space between you and the car in front of you EVER at any speed, because some moron will cut you off and then you have 1/2 a car length between yourself and them until you hit the brakes, but remember the his friend is right behind you so he is already riding your ass like it is NASCAR, so hitting the brakes means you get into an accident while the shithead that cut you off continues on. Then in some cases the shoulder is another lane and even the grass on the side of some roads. Basically you have to drive aggressively to ward off the other aggressive drivers from cutting you off. If you appear to be capable of anything, you can survive a trip to the local shopping mall without it ending up in a road rage situation or your car getting damaged. That is assuming you avoid the many potholes, animal crossings and rubber necking sudden stops that happen without warning from another accident you were fortunate enough not to be in. Sounds like hell, and many times it is. Welcome to the metropolitan NYC area! Washington DC is Paris by comparison. I have lived there before and know it well, even before the Beltway was completed, and Vienna VA was considered a short flight from downtown DC. Now it is a local suburb.

Kansas sounds awesome.
The following users liked this post:
fsmith (10-01-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 07:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Limelight
Oof. How did that happen?
Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
That sucks! What happened? They may be able to straighten out that quarter panel from what I can see.
I was in the left lane of a two lane road when the car in the right lane decided she wanted to share the left lane with me. So I swerved instinctively but onto on coming traffic so I swerved back onto my lane but over corrected too much so my bumper hit the car's (that was coming into my lane) front driver's side bumper. Her's was a huge Toyota Sequoia so obviously there was minimal damage to her car. So far the estimates are all around $3500.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by moose66
Yikes . . . . . . . . . I see you are in MA. I'm in Boston this weekend on an extended weekend with my wife. Based on the driving I have seen, there is no way I could see anyone having anything nice to drive here. Driving up here is insane!!!! Right up there with NY and DC. Terrible!!!
Haha yes welcome to Boston! Driving here is a nightmare and because our infrastructure i.e. roads never change with increased population/cars, it gets worse and worse.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Oh, jeez, flying into Boston this month to drive up to VT. I guess I will get LDW on the rental.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
I remember a few years ago my friend was showing me his Lexus LS and it had a factory dash camera that recorded out the front and back at all times while the car was running (just like the dash cams you can buy relatively cheaply now but with the convenience of being built in and hard wired into the car). Having such a feature on the RLX would have come in handy in kingofire's situation to prove definitively that the Sequoia driver was at fault. If Acura/Honda is monitoring this forum...maybe that is a feature you could include in the next generation of the RLX?????

So sorry for your troubles kingofire, I'm glad you were not injured in the incident and I hope the repairs make your car as good as new.
The following users liked this post:
kingofire (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by hondamore
I remember a few years ago my friend was showing me his Lexus LS and it had a factory dash camera that recorded out the front and back at all times while the car was running (just like the dash cams you can buy relatively cheaply now but with the convenience of being built in and hard wired into the car). Having such a feature on the RLX would have come in handy in kingofire's situation to prove definitively that the Sequoia driver was at fault. If Acura/Honda is monitoring this forum...maybe that is a feature you could include in the next generation of the RLX?????

So sorry for your troubles kingofire, I'm glad you were not injured in the incident and I hope the repairs make your car as good as new.
Thanks. The sad part is the cops say that I am at 50% fault because I hit her first even though the event all started due to her negligence. Talked to my insurance and they say they might make my claim as a no fault claim. We'll see!!
Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by hondamore

Originally Posted by miner
Oh, jeez, flying into Boston this month to drive up to VT. I guess I will get LDW on the rental.
Smart man!
Old 10-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Remember this? I had just installed the dash cam and......

The guide rail on my right was under the side view mirror and the other car's drivers side view mirror missed my driver side mirror by an inch as she passed by. And the moron behind me who was riding my bumper missed hitting me by a prayer. No other close calls since, but I am glad I have the dash cam just in case.

Take a look at this short video clip:

Old 10-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts

Gotta start having an extra set of underpants in the car now..

Glad you're okay though!