advanced package

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I wish the HUD had made it to the Advance PAWS. It is, in a word, awesome to have the speedo closer to my field of vision, and digital.
So far it's looking like we have the only HUD in Honda history. :-(

They did a great job with it. I wish they'd put it in the NSX Sport Hybrid as a part of one or another option package. But a closer inspection of the dash top makes it seem they made no provision for it.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's how it looks.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
After experiencing it in my Sport-Hybrid test drive, I couldn't agree more that it is great tech and very well executed by Acura. And I can't imagine that is cost that much to add considering that the cost difference between a PAWS and Sport-Hybrid RLX is only roughly $5k. And I'd have to imagine the majority of that cost goes into the Sport-Hybrid system itself (and other electrical components like the all electric A/C system) and not a freaking HUD.

I hope that with the existing dashboard design used to support the FCW feature on the TLX/RLX/MDX, which already has the opening for the HUD projector, that we will see it trickle down to these models and not just the Sport-Hybrid. At the very least offer it to us as an add-on option to the Advance Trim model for those of us willing to pay more for it.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
After experiencing it in my Sport-Hybrid test drive, I couldn't agree more that it is great tech and very well executed by Acura. And I can't imagine that is cost that much to add considering that the cost difference between a PAWS and Sport-Hybrid RLX is only roughly $5k. And I'd have to imagine the majority of that cost goes into the Sport-Hybrid system itself (and other electrical components like the all electric A/C system) and not a freaking HUD.

I hope that with the existing dashboard design used to support the FCW feature on the TLX/RLX/MDX, which already has the opening for the HUD projector, that we will see it trickle down to these models and not just the Sport-Hybrid. At the very least offer it to us as an add-on option to the Advance Trim model for those of us willing to pay more for it.
I have assumed their reason in restricting the HUD to only the Sport Hybrid Advance was one very small way of making the Short Hybrid seem more exclusive. I do think the technology is terrific and will eventually make its way into other Acura/Honda products. I am very surprised that the HUD isn't currently being offered in the new NSX.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
How does Acura compare to the Hyundai hud (see links)

2015 Hyundai Sonata adds head-up display, Apple CarPlay, adaptive cruise control, luxe features for just $22K

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...s-for-just-22k

Last edited by flagship; 11-01-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
^^^^

Keep in mind that in 2014 when the Sport Hybrid was released, it was at least a year, and maybe more than that, late. That was two years that allowed the competition to catch up. If you want to really cry, look at the Hyundai Genesis and Equus, which both out-feature the RLX in some ways. I'm hoping that Acura has some tricks up its sleeve for the 2017 RLX, whether it's an MMC or not.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
.... I do not understand why HUD is ONLY available in the Sport Hybrid. It boggles my mind that the FWD Advanced model doesn't have it or is even possible get.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Keep in mind that in 2014 when the Sport Hybrid was released, it was at least a year, and maybe more than that, late. That was two years that allowed the competition to catch up. If you want to really cry, look at the Hyundai Genesis and Equus, which both out-feature the RLX in some ways. I'm hoping that Acura has some tricks up its sleeve for the 2017 RLX, whether it's an MMC or not.
Although we might note that the Sport Hybrid was, and still is, considerably more advanced than the Hyundai competition in drive train and performance. Electronics are advancing quickly; driving performance less so. I am still pretty happy despite the electronics lag. It's a great car, even without more features.
The following users liked this post:
hondamore (11-02-2015)