Acura RLX Reviews (Sport Hybrid reviews pg 21)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by dwest1023
I agree. While I liked the Genisis, ride and looks, I too notice that the buttons where not as well made as Acura. IMO, that is what Hyundai does to keep prices down. They cheap out on things they think won't matter and what you cannot see. Look at the wiring to the brake lights compared to honda or Acura. Not saying Hyundai is not a good car, its just how they do things.
This is what I have loved about my M, sure Infiniti cut costs, but everything I see and touch feels premium luxury. They cut the costs in areas not so obvious.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by db22
Hidden exhaust pipes is also a trend and the fact that Acura is one of the leaders in this aspect they should not be blasted for it. In 3 years time when all of the competition have hidden pipes and if Acura didn't have them then you would be complaining about them not having hidden pipes.
Really? The trend is integrated exhaust into the rear bumper that Lexus started and is working its way down the food chain. If the TLX has these lame faux exhaust reflectors then I am done with Acura. Even them ditching the quad tips on the AWD was a dumb cost cutting step.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
keith....surely you know, as well as I do, that the dual exhaust are gone on the TLX!?! Acura is going away with them on all their model and there is nothing that will reverse that trend for a few years anyway. The TLX will have a neutered ass....
Old 04-11-2013, 03:37 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
As far as I know, for the ILX the main consequence of the earthquake is the EarthDream powertrain. I doubt that not offering 6MT with Tech is simply a business decision. It's just like you can't get a 6MT on a Buick Verano unless you buy the turbo version.

As for no 6MT for Tech pack, I think we are lucky that Acura is even offering a 6MT for the TL. You can't get no manual on a Cadillac CTS, IS350, or a base G37, for instance.

I think power plenum happened before the earthquake, no? How could the earthquake affect it?
How do you compare Buick only offering a 6MT with a turbo engine to Acura not offering a tech pack on a 6MT car? I can understand the correlation of the turbo to the 6MT, but where is the correlation of a 6MT to a tech package? Does Acura think that people who drive a 6MT don’t use nav or want an audio upgrade?

As with the G37, you can’t get a 6MT on a base TL either but you can on the sport models. My point was if Acura is offering a 6MT on the SH-AWD then why not on an Advance SH-AWD. Isn’t this their top sport model, it makes no sense.

In regards to the power plenum I think you missed my point. Of course it was years before the earthquake, and I even mentioned that in my post. In one of your previous posts you said… “I think people need to dig further and look for reasons for some of these so-called stupid decisions. That way, one does not have to wonder why Honda makes "weird decisions."

My point was why are you making excuses for Acura. I’ll give you the fact that the earthquake may have caused an issue with the ILX, but what about all of the other poor decisions over the years?

If I dig further as you suggest, will I find that we should excuse all of Acura’s “weird decisions” on the earthquake? In all actuality I bet most of their "weird decisions" actually came from poor decision making.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
How do you compare Buick only offering a 6MT with a turbo engine to Acura not offering a tech pack on a 6MT car? I can understand the correlation of the turbo to the 6MT, but where is the correlation of a 6MT to a tech package? Does Acura think that people who drive a 6MT don’t use nav or want an audio upgrade?

As with the G37, you can’t get a 6MT on a base TL either but you can on the sport models. My point was if Acura is offering a 6MT on the SH-AWD then why not on an Advance SH-AWD. Isn’t this their top sport model, it makes no sense.

In regards to the power plenum I think you missed my point. Of course it was years before the earthquake, and I even mentioned that in my post. In one of your previous posts you said… “I think people need to dig further and look for reasons for some of these so-called stupid decisions. That way, one does not have to wonder why Honda makes "weird decisions."

My point was why are you making excuses for Acura. I’ll give you the fact that the earthquake may have caused an issue with the ILX, but what about all of the other poor decisions over the years?

If I dig further as you suggest, will I find that we should excuse all of Acura’s “weird decisions” on the earthquake? In all actuality I bet most of their "weird decisions" actually came from poor decision making.
My point is that a lot of cars don't offer manual transmission any more. Even if they do, only one or a few trims have that option. So for Acura, it seems like the top, top model don't have MT. For other manufacturers, like Infiniti, the G37x and G37 journey don't come with 6MT as an option. I think the short answer to your question is cost. Based on their research, perhaps they believe not many people would go with 6MT. For the Accord and TL, I believe only 5% of them are sold in MT form. They want to keep the 6MT trim affordable without adding too much manufacturing cost to themselves. As a result, manual is only available on one trim level?

I think you misunderstood my post then. Obviously, Honda is not some Godly manufacturer that can do no wrong. I sure hope I didn't come across as sounding like that! It's just that some of the decisions, like slapping R20+5AT into the ILX, that's something out of the control of Honda. We can't really blame Honda for that IMO.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by dwest1023
I agree. While I liked the Genisis, ride and looks, I too notice that the buttons where not as well made as Acura. IMO, that is what Hyundai does to keep prices down. They cheap out on things they think won't matter and what you cannot see. Look at the wiring to the brake lights compared to honda or Acura. Not saying Hyundai is not a good car, its just how they do things.
I think you guys are spending too much time on the "button feel". It's a car, drive it. The buttons you will get used to.

As far as brake lights, I got some comments for that. I tore off the 2009 RL trunk liner because there was no easy way to get to the brake lights and it was all practically glued on.

My Genesis? plastic screws and easy access!

talk about cheap right? but at least it's effective and it works too.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
keith....surely you know, as well as I do, that the dual exhaust are gone on the TLX!?! Acura is going away with them on all their model and there is nothing that will reverse that trend for a few years anyway. The TLX will have a neutered ass....
Well it looks that way, but I can hope that on the AWD TLX or a possible Type-S they would bring them back. Almost every day that passes I loose interest in Acura.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 037
I think you guys are spending too much time on the "button feel". It's a car, drive it. The buttons you will get used to.

As far as brake lights, I got some comments for that. I tore off the 2009 RL trunk liner because there was no easy way to get to the brake lights and it was all practically glued on.

My Genesis? plastic screws and easy access!

talk about cheap right? but at least it's effective and it works too.
IMO, the look and feel of all the interior button, knobs, materials matter. One thing that surprised me with Lexus is the GS has trunk crushing hinges, to me that is a huge negative. I was looking at a GS and saw tha and got a huge turn off, then dealing with tha dumb mouse controller and I moved on.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KeithL
IMO, the look and feel of all the interior button, knobs, materials matter. One thing that surprised me with Lexus is the GS has trunk crushing hinges, to me that is a huge negative. I was looking at a GS and saw tha and got a huge turn off, then dealing with tha dumb mouse controller and I moved on.
I didn't say that the feel does not matter, but I don't put as much weight into the feel of buttons vs the car interior, exterior and mechanics/electronics.

For example I loved the 2013 Sonata Turbo for it's power but when the backup camera turns on makes me feel like its a picture from an old cellphone, dull, hard to tell colors apart, useless in the dark. That's a good reason not to buy a car for me (even though you can always skip the tech package and install your own camera, maybe
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
where is the correlation of a 6MT to a tech package? Does Acura think that people who drive a 6MT don’t use nav or want an audio upgrade?
Price? Tech adds over $2000 further limiting the buyer pool. It seems obvious that they could only do one trim in a manual. For some, the choice of Premium (or Tech with the TL) isn't going to be the right fit. I can say that I would have been upset if I were forced to take Navi just to get a manual in the ILX.

In the end, it comes down to math. At 40,000 ILX per year, 5% manuals is only 2000 cars. Divided by 12 months and its only 166 per month. Divide that by 260 dealers and it's less than one car per dealer per month BEFORE you consider colors. Since as discussed (ad nauseam) that the ILX won't hit 40K this year, the prospects for additional manuals is bleak if they're only building 35K or 30K a year. Also, IMO, the final nail was that the TSX was once offered with Navi and MT and very few bought them.

Last edited by Colin; 04-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Suzuka Master

One thing that surprised me with Lexus is the GS has trunk crushing hinges, to me that is a huge negative.
When we were in Phoenix, Acura provided the competitors for comparisons. When I saw the hinges on the RLX I was also disappointed, but then I saw that the GS, 535 and E Class all had gooseneck hinges! I guess that 'simpler' designs or cost savings affect all manufacturers these days.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Are you telling me the RLX has crushing hinges too? I never noticed, I don't think I ever opened the trunk when I test drove it.
I do like that infiniti uses exterior hinges.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Are you telling me the RLX has crushing hinges too? I never noticed, I don't think I ever opened the trunk when I test drove it.
I do like that infiniti uses exterior hinges.
Technically, they won't crush anything since the retract into a molded liner.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Yep.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 037
I assume this is based on your extensive experience in the auto industry as you obviously don't drive one.

I'm coming from a 2009 CMBS RL (read fully loaded for those who don't own one) into a 2012 tech/premium Genesis (read much more loaded than the RL with backup and front sensors, mid mounted LCD screen between speedometer and tach, heated rear seats, 333hp + 8 speed tranny, and did I mention it's rated 18/28 mpg?)

Oh yeah, the sticker is $44,000 and you can buy one for $39,000 without much hassle.

Now as far as quality feel, the only thing my 2009 RL had on my Genny is the roof liner, it was nice and soft. The 55k Tech RLX has equally crappy liner.

Genesis has been rated a top safety pick so I don't know where you're getting your information from.

I think you should stop commenting on cars you've never owned or even drove, thanks.
2009 RL has same 5speed Auto and does not have the noise reducing rims. so its refinement level is below RLX.
top safety pick does not mean top safety pick+.
I dont need to drive a car to make an opinion about it. Hyundai is ten steps behind Honda in long term reliability and quality.
THere is no way Genesis can handle like RLX when both have Michellen Primacy tires.
certainly you can buy Genesis cheaper but depreciation hit will be much bigger.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Safety Car

Design wise it is the best for this price.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
2009 RL has same 5speed Auto and does not have the noise reducing rims. so its refinement level is below RLX.
top safety pick does not mean top safety pick+.
I dont need to drive a car to make an opinion about it. Hyundai is ten steps behind Honda in long term reliability and quality.
THere is no way Genesis can handle like RLX when both have Michellen Primacy tires.
certainly you can buy Genesis cheaper but depreciation hit will be much bigger.
depreciation hit bigger?

are you talking about as a percentage of cost, or actual real world money?

because 55% of $55,000 is a bigger hit than 50% of $44,000 as far as real money goes after 3 years, and I am using fictional numbers here, something you know a lot about.

Acura: $55,000*.55=$30,250 - loss of $24,750
Hyund:$44,000*.50=$22,000 - loss of $22,000

I'm not feeling the "bigger" loss just yet. Don't forget to add the taxes on top of those $11,000 extra (That's $550 at a 5% tax rate)
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Colin
Yeah that is fine, but the Lexus GS has no molded liner, they can crush items in the trunk, very disappointing for a car that goes over $60K
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Arrow Kbb

The 2014 RLX is Acura's new flagship sedan (replacing the departed RL). Befitting its flagship status, the mid-size RLX is endowed with high-end interior appointments along with the latest technology, including an optional and shockingly capable lane departure prevention feature. Wrapped in restrained but distinct bodywork, the RLX is roughly the same length as the old RL but thanks to a longer wheelbase Acura's ultimate sedan boasts segment-topping rear-seat legroom. Refined ride and handling, and a roomy, classy interior propel the RLX to heights of excellence never seen in its RL forebear. Whether that excellence will help the Acura RLX take meaningful market share from the dominant BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedans remains to be seen.

You'll Like This Car If...
You'll like the Acura RLX if you prefer subdued styling over typical luxury flash. Where the RLX really shines is from the driver's seat where the sedan's skillful suspension tuning delivers a balanced blend of bump suppression and engaging handling.

You May Not Like This Car If...
Potential RLX dislikes include comparatively low-key styling and the lack of a rear-wheel-drive option. Those looking for a super high-performance model a la AMG or BMW's M division will have to find their kicks elsewhere.

What's New for 2014
Compared to the departed 2013 Acura RL the 2014 RLX features...well...an X in its name. More substantive changes include a completely redesigned interior and exterior, a new all-wheel steering system, the addition of a hybrid all-wheel-drive model and a modernized 2-screen infotainment system.

Driving the RLX
Driving Impressions In the ways luxury car buyers actually use their cars, the Acura RLX performs brilliantly. For long commutes or short jaunts, the suspension deftly smooths the road's imperfections. At the...
same time, the new electric steering system enables direct control of the vehicle while also filtering vibration and harshness that might otherwise reach the driver's hands. Further enhancing the dynamic experience is a standard all-wheel steering system and firm but communicative brakes. Acceleration from the 3.5-liter V6 is strong and smooth, aided by the well-spaced gears and silky shifts from the 6-speed automatic transmission. Amid the free-flowing praise we should also point out that the RLX is really quiet, thanks to a vibration-reducing active engine mount, an active noise reducing sound system, and on the Tech models and above, noise-reducing 19-inch wheels along with acoustic glass that further minimizes wind and engine noise.

Favorite Features
P-AWS (PRECISION ALL-WHEEL STEERING)
All-wheel steering is the Pauly Shore of automotive technology, persistent yet rarely popular. Unlike Pauly, we're big fans of the RLX's P-AWS system, which independently adjusts rear-wheel toe angles up to 2 degrees either direction, noticeably improving vehicle agility and stability.

BRAKE HOLD
Do you ever wish your braking foot could take a brake? Then say hello to Brake Hold, a new feature that automatically holds the RLX in place when stopped. When the light turns green just press the gas pedal with your well-rested right foot and you're on your way!

2014 Acura RLX Details
Interior
Somebody once said "space is the ultimate luxury." Obviously that person never owned a yacht or enjoyed a private concert from Beyonce, but those who truly relish space will appreciate the ample rear-seat legroom and usable middle seat of the RLX. That roominess extends rearward to the spacious 15.3-cubic-foot trunk. The sedan's ample quarters are adorned in uplevel materials arranged in a contemporary but not excessively stylized layout while the dash is cleanly arranged featuring intuited climate controls, a 7-inch haptic-feedback touchscreen featuring large icons, and switchgear that moves with a premium feel.

Exterior
Design is always subjective but to our eyes the 2014 Acura RLX looks a little plain. That's not to say effort wasn't spent injecting style into the sedan. Along the sides, you'll find tasteful body sculpting while the RLX's face is dominated by intricate headlights, each containing a whopping 10 LED lighting elements that we're told (and believe) improve visibility for the driver. Though roughly the same length as the RL it replaced, the 2014 RLX is nearly 2 inches wider helping facilitate a slightly roomier interior.

Notable Equipment
Standard Equipment
Among the Acura RLX's abundant standard features are a moonroof, capless fuel filler, tri-zone climate control, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, heated front seats, and a 10-speaker audio system. Tech features include a 7-inch touchscreen, an 8-inch information screen, Bluetooth connectivity and keyless entry with push-button start. Adding to the safety of the RLX sedan are seven airbags, including a driver's knee airbag supplemented by advanced driver aids like forward collision warning and lane departure warning.

Optional Equipment
Options for the 2014 RLX are divided into packages, each including the features of the package beneath it. First up is a voice-activated navigation system that includes AcuraLink, which bundles smartphone-like functionality, real-time news and information, a concierge service, and accident notification. Next is the Technology Package that adds leather seats, power-retractable side mirrors, acoustic glass and 19-inch noise-reducing wheels. The Krell package piles on with a Krell "ultra-premium" 14-speaker audio system and rear sunshades, while the top-tier Advance Package overflows with adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, ventilated front seats, lane-keeping assist, parking sensors, and other niceties.

Under the Hood
An all-wheel-drive hybrid Acura RLX will be introduced in due time, but for now the only powertrain choice is a 3.5-liter V6 spinning the front wheels. The sole transmission choice is a 6-speed automatic featuring steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual control. Pushing the RLX's "sport mode" button inspires the sedan to sportier shift behavior, throttle sensitivity, steering response, and operation of the P-AWS system for an enhanced sense of driver control. To help maximizing engine efficiency the V6 features direct injection along with the ability to run in fuel-saving 3-cylinder mode at low engine loads, supported by an active engine mount that reduces vibration when it does.
3.5-liter V6
310 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm
272 lb-ft of torque @ 4,500 rpm
EPA city/highway fuel economy: 20/31 mpg
Pricing Notes
The base 2014 Acura RLX has a starting price of $49,345 including destination, rising to $61,345 for the very well-equipped RLX Advanced Package. With the exception of the similarly priced Lexus GS, the 2014 RLX sedan handily undercuts competitors including the BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E-Class when comparing models that match the RLX's horsepower. However, 1 of the RLX's biggest competitors comes from within Acura's gates. For about $44,000, you could also buy a fully loaded Acura TL with nearly identical interior space, a slight 5-horsepower deficit, and Acura's super-handling all-wheel drive. Something to think about. And while you're thinking be sure to check the Kelley Blue Book Fair Purchase Price for the most up-to-date pricing of the Acura RLX in your area. As for resale values, Acuras tend to hold their value well over the long haul, a trend we expect to carry on with the RLX.

To find out what consumers are really paying for this vehicle, first select a style to see the Fair Purchase Price| Calculate payments for this vehicle

To compare current market prices, check out KBB.com's car classifieds to view the new and used Acura RLX vehicles for sale near you.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
My point is that a lot of cars don't offer manual transmission any more. Even if they do, only one or a few trims have that option. So for Acura, it seems like the top, top model don't have MT. For other manufacturers, like Infiniti, the G37x and G37 journey don't come with 6MT as an option. I think the short answer to your question is cost. Based on their research, perhaps they believe not many people would go with 6MT. For the Accord and TL, I believe only 5% of them are sold in MT form. They want to keep the 6MT trim affordable without adding too much manufacturing cost to themselves. As a result, manual is only available on one trim level?

I think you misunderstood my post then. Obviously, Honda is not some Godly manufacturer that can do no wrong. I sure hope I didn't come across as sounding like that! It's just that some of the decisions, like slapping R20+5AT into the ILX, that's something out of the control of Honda. We can't really blame Honda for that IMO.
I took your post as though you we're saying "Acura can do no wrong". Again that was how I read it.

You're right, I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 037
depreciation hit bigger?

because 55% of $55,000 is a bigger hit than 50% of $44,000 as far as real money goes after 3 years, and I am using fictional numbers here, something you know a lot about.

I'm not feeling the "bigger" loss just yet. Don't forget to add the taxes on top of those $11,000 extra (That's $550 at a 5% tax rate)
First I like the Genesis, and the RL is a bad comparison since its resale is not bad, but not great, but Genesis will have even lower resale. I see this even coming from Acura to Infiniti, I was able to flip may TLs far quicker than I can my M. 2 things hurt me, first leasing is only good if you keep the car the full lease and walk away, then Infiniti resale values decrease faster than Acura . Actually it seem Lexus and Acura products hold up very well in resale value. So it all depends on how long you want to keep a car. If I do another M I am buying it because it would be reasonable to predict that at the 30 month mark I can get out of it for what I owe or slightly better.

With My Acura's I was able to get out in 12-18 months easily. Leasing used to be a great way to do the same, but here in GA they changed things a bot so while leasing still has some advantages, over the long haul it is slightly more expensive than buying and flipping ever 3 years on your own, as long as the resale value is decent.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Safety Car

First I like the Genesis, and the RL is a bad comparison since its resale is not bad, but not great, but Genesis will have even lower resale.
I can't believe someone wants to do an apples to apples comparison...

Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Suzuka Master

^^^
My point the Genesis ALG numbers are lower and that by no means reflects resale value. That is what leasing companies use to predict residual and usually the residual value of a car at the end of a lease is more than you can go out and buy the same car for. Again, I am a big Genesis fan, but they still have a long road to climb.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Safety Car

^^^
My point the Genesis ALG numbers are lower and that by no means reflects resale value. That is what leasing companies use to predict residual and usually the residual value of a car at the end of a lease is more than you can go out and buy the same car for. Again, I am a big Genesis fan, but they still have a long road to climb.
obviously a Hyundai will not keep value like Acura but they aren't very far behind, and even though the price is apples to apples, what you get isn't.

Genesis is a much bigger car, bigger cars lose value faster (they are also generally more expensive to begin with).

In this case Genesis got a V8 going for it vs Acura's SH-AWD.

If you wanted to keep either one of those cars for awhile it will be fairly comparable to own as the Hyundai has a longer warranty to make up for any issues that may crop up.

Hyundai works just fine on regular gas too and backs that by 100k engine/tranny warranty. Acura eats premium which over the course of 10 years could come out to a decent difference in price.

I owned two Acura's so I'm not a Hyundai fan boy for life but I like my value for the dollar and right now Hyundai is delivering.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 037
depreciation hit bigger?

Real world numbers are way different than these companies predict. see BMW example.
how many 2009 RL you can find for $30k. and how many Genesis for $22k.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
I took your post as though you we're saying "Acura can do no wrong". Again that was how I read it.

You're right, I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
lol I guess sometimes I get too "passionate" and I may sound a bit over the top!

But yea, Honda has definitely made some mistakes, namely over-estimating the recession when working on the 9G Civic. Glad it's fixed for the time being!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Safety Car

Real world numbers are way different than these companies predict. see BMW example.
how many 2009 RL you can find for $30k. and how many Genesis for $22k.
I guess you don't have much to say when it comes to real numbers, thought so.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 037
BMW/MB/Hyundi are not in Acura league. used 2009 Genesis you can buy at prices below even TSX let alone RL.

see 2010 BMW 535 fully optioned, one owner, certified. it 45k miles. Asking price is $32k. this is atleast $65k vehicle when its new.

http://www.bmwoffremont.com/VehicleD...-CA/1929390783
Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 037
He never does. He once dismissed information I posted from Car & Driver saying that the RLX share a platform with the Accord saying it wasn't accurate since it didn't come back from Honda. Then the other day he posted stats from C&D saying they are the leading testers.

His standard answer is that Acura will beat any car because they have superior tires and 19" wheels.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Safety Car

I didnot say C&D are leading testers. I meant to say they are the most aggressive in performance timings and there is more consistency.
Edmunds test only untill quarter mile. and not consistent when comparing different suspension setup of cars.
I am suspecting RLX test by Edmunds. how on earth RLX can handle worse than Honda Accord? when both have identical weight distribution and similar tires.

http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda6/...oad-test1.html
Our 3,287-pound Grand Touring model produced 0.82g around the skid pad and 63 mph through the slalom — numbers that don't thoroughly live up to the promise made by its lively controls, immediate chassis response and edgy design. Its slalom speed is quicker than the last four-cylinder 2013 Nissan Altima we tested (61.9 mph) but slower than Honda's 2013 Accord EX, which managed the cone slither at a surprising 65.5 mph.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

BMW/MB/Hyundi are not in Acura league. used 2009 Genesis you can buy at prices below even TSX let alone RL.

see 2010 BMW 535 fully optioned, one owner, certified. it 45k miles. Asking price is $32k. this is atleast $65k vehicle when its new.

http://www.bmwoffremont.com/VehicleD...-CA/1929390783
asking price is never the selling price...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

I didnot say C&D are leading testers. I meant to say they are the most aggressive in performance timings and there is more consistency.
Edmunds test only untill quarter mile. and not consistent when comparing different suspension setup of cars.
I am suspecting RLX test by Edmunds. how on earth RLX can handle worse than Honda Accord? when both have identical weight distribution and similar tires.
identical weight distribution...good

different amount of weight...bad

there's your answer, easy.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 037
asking price is never the selling price...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out
I know all those things. BMW usually sell 10% off there MSRP.
This thing is reflected in used car market.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 037
identical weight distribution...good

different amount of weight...bad

there's your answer, easy.
Ok so how TSX V6 managed 65.1 mph despite being much heavier than 4 cylinder Accord EX.

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/201...st-specs1.html
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 PM

But according to what yo said in the past, their numbers are meaningless because it didn't come from Honda.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GoHawks
But according to what yo said in the past, their numbers are meaningless because it didn't come from Honda.
Honda didnot published any performance numbers.
C&D is just more consistant across model line up. It does not mean manufacturer agree with there numbers.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Ok so how TSX V6 managed 65.1 mph despite being much heavier than 4 cylinder Accord EX.

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/201...st-specs1.html
because the TSX have better tires and wheels!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by silver3.5
because the TSX have better tires and wheels!
RLX tire width is 245 vs 235 for TSX. Accord is only 215.

61/39 weight distribution for RLX.
http://www.acura.com/DimensionsCapac...aspx?model=RLX

62/38 is weight distribution for TSX V6.
http://www.acura.com/DimensionsCapac...aspx?model=TSX
Old 04-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Suzuka Master

"Hey look there's a hole in the ground...."

"It that a rabbit in there?"

The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM

RLX tire width is 245 vs 235 for TSX. Accord is only 215.

61/39 weight distribution for RLX.
http://www.acura.com/DimensionsCapac...aspx?model=RLX

62/38 is weight distribution for TSX V6.
http://www.acura.com/DimensionsCapac...aspx?model=TSX
...and your point?

It used to be frustrating trying to debate with you.

Now it's just very amusing.

Quick Reply: Acura RLX Reviews (Sport Hybrid reviews pg 21)