Acura RLX Reviews (Sport Hybrid reviews pg 21)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 07:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaRLX-SH
0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds and there are 3 EV motors, not to mention the picture is of a decaf FWD RLX.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Yup. We win the ultimate sleeper status.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
CarBuzz

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/9/1/Straight-To-The-Crusher-Did-The-Acura-RLX-Deserve-To-Be-Destroyed-7735233/

Straight To The Crusher: Did The Acura RLX Deserve To Be Destroyed?

by Gabe Beita Kiser
10,064 reads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Acura wanted us to eat our words and we did...but just a few.

The easiest way to get a laugh out of someone in the age of connectivity is to be snarky about everything, be it a person, politician, trend, or car. After all, there are 2 ways to make ourselves feel better about things. We either build ourselves up or tear others down. Not that criticism is strictly a bad thing, though. Many times it leads to growth, although it can be hard to distinguish whether criticism is being aimed at advancing an entity or destroying it. Not long ago we criticized Acura's flagship model, the RLX, in both constructive and destructive ways.

The automaker got a hold of that article and was obviously none too happy, so as a result we gained possession of an RLX Sport Hybrid on loan for two weeks. Essentially it was sent to us to see if we would eat our words after driving it. As those 2 weeks draw to a close, what do we think? Is it still a crusher-worthy vehicle or has it redeemed itself and forced us to dine on some crow? As a Honda product it’s obviously good. Those cars have always carried out their duties with a degree of loyalty and honesty usually reserved for a best friend, the family dog, or the girl you bring home to mom. Deficiencies and demerits are few, but that wasn’t the point we were trying to make with the RLX. In no way is it a failure as a car.

But the RLX is a failure to Acura. That’s because when venturing into the luxury market, it’s no longer enough to wield ample trunk space and no-nonsense practicality as top selling points. Customers spending $60,000 on a car expect more; they need a wow factor. Lexus has learned that and now is edging its way into the room with the big boy Germans. Even though it has its work cut out for it, Infiniti is slowly following suit, and whether or not it’s successful the fact that it’s making an effort shows. The lack of that is what’s holding Acura back from meeting Lexus on the brighter side of the profit charts. It’s not that Acura makes bad cars. It’s that it hasn’t managed to crack the luxury market. And nowhere is that reflected better than on its flagship sedan.

What’s more is that Acura doesn’t seem to be trying hard to raise the bar, which is fine if it doesn’t mind catering to the niche segment of luxury buyers who don’t care for a badge or standout design. But as a corporation with stockholders to answer to, we seriously doubt that’s the case. In terms of price and size, the RLX is in the same class inhabited by the Mercedes E-Class, BMW 5 Series, and Audi A6, although Acura would rather we measure it against a Lexus or Infiniti. Fully loaded our tester cost $66,870. For that you get a 377-horsepower hybrid powertrain similar to the setup that powers the NSX, a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (hooray for no CVT!), a 14-speaker Krell sound system, and heated seats all the way around.

Looking at the options list alone it’s an attractive pick in comparison to the other cars in its segment. But in practice the result isn't so rosy. Passengers were unconvinced that the car was actually worth $66k, and that was even after explaining that it comes with semi-autonomous highway helpers. Sitting inside the RLX is like entering a brand new hotel room, albeit one in a mid-level hotel that's branded a tier above. It is certainly comfortable and everything looks to be in place, but there’s nothing that grips the experience knob and cranks it from "comfortable" all the way to "pampered." (Where's our room service?!) Take Lexus for example: There is a clear separation from it and the ho-hum cars Toyota makes.

While a Lexus may share platforms, components, and even character with a Toyota, nobody but us car nerds would suspect such a thing. Honda’s signature has always been a personality that exudes engineering excellence, as if the math gurus and logically gifted got a hold of it before the designers, architects, and interior decorators. Mistakenly so, Acura seems to use that same recipe for its cars. While the features and toys fit the definition of luxury by allowing the RLX to outdo a normal car in terms of capability and comfort, it feels a bit self-restrained. It's as if the Acura knew it could do more but held back to avoid offending the other cars. It isn't a cardinal offense, but we'd like to see more out of the brand.

More importantly, though, would we still crush it? No, not even if you paid us $66,000 to do it. But it wouldn’t be the first car we bought for that money, or the second, or even the fifth. Right now it’s the Mark Zuckerbergs of the world who buy Acuras. The Facebook founder owns 1 and he may have picked it out because it reflects his style as someone who has the means to live lavishly but chooses to wear a grey shirt every day instead. Unfortunately for Acura, those people are rare. People who spend $66,000 on a car want to show it off like a trophy and feel as if they are a part of an exclusive club. The RLX doesn't offer that, and that's why it went to the crusher in the 1st place. We'll spare it this time, but only because we saw its true potential.

Last edited by TSX69; 09-02-2016 at 07:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RLX-Sport Hybrid (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Did he focus on ANYTHING that differentiated the SH from the PAWS RLX? In his carping on Acura's delivery of a flagship luxury car - did he acknowledge this is the Honda flagship simply renamed to fit the Acura line up? Just another 'journalist' who's real purpose is to make himself appear as a worthy critic.

I will not rest until the day arrives where my decisions and purchases in life are affirmed by a 20 something. Now where is his review of a $15K European River Cruise....loads of 20 somethings in the disco.
The following 2 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
a35tl (09-03-2016), RLX-Sport Hybrid (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 08:09 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^simply stop reading.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Did he focus on ANYTHING that differentiated the SH from the PAWS RLX? In his carping on Acura's delivery of a flagship luxury car - did he acknowledge this is the Honda flagship simply renamed to fit the Acura line up? Just another 'journalist' who's real purpose is to make himself appear as a worthy critic.

I will not rest until the day arrives where my decisions and purchases in life are affirmed by a 20 something. Now where is his review of a $15K European River Cruise....loads of 20 somethings in the disco.
I think I'll try to go out of the way to make sure I don't "trigger" you.

:-)
Old 09-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Grandpa

I have to say, though, that in a world in which even a cheap Rolls Royce is going to cost a quarter million, I don't understand his premise about "showing off" [sic] a car with an MSRP of 66.5.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I have to say, though, that in a world in which even a cheap Rolls Royce is going to cost a quarter million, I don't understand his premise about "showing off" [sic] a car with an MSRP of 66.5.
society....
in the sea of $30k cars, one would want to show off their accomplishments, a la show boating.
I understand that there are different kinds of people and some might not want to be flashy, and that is perfectly fine.

but its an article aimed at the show boating masses....
whats that phrase? oh, take everything on the internet with a grain of salt.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Tampa,

Even if the reviewer actually lived with car the way we do, and figured out how to finesse the throttle in the many ways we can, take it through some turns faster than we should, or simply drove it to work everyday, that person would not likely provide an opinion that reflects ours. The performance measurements I have read are all conservative, which means many pass it off as an overly expensive Accord. The noise measurements inside the cabin are lower than that of most cars available for the consumer to buy today, but they don't notice. The performance relative to the everyday mpg relative to the creature comforts and space are fantastic and much better than most when you compare apples to apples automobiles (hard thing to do as few can compare 100%), and the sleeper understated way we can slip through traffic without drawing attention to ourselves like a fancy sports car would, provides us owners some anonymity in the crazy world we live in. I like the fact that we can pull into a parking lot and nobody realizes how special a car this is, even when they are looking right at it. Many cars scream "look at me", but not this one. I like that. I would not be concerned that yet another millennial has missed the boat on this car. By the time they figure it out, we will have aged some more and added a few more grey hairs, providing we have them.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:03 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by justnspace
^simply stop reading.
...in the same manner you could stop posting?
justnspace (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by justnspace
but its an article aimed at the show boating masses....
Exactly my point (if not overly sarcastic). The car is not targeted for showboating masses....so why critique on that premise?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 AM

...in the same manner you could stop posting?
Dont let me(a 20 something) ruin your lawn.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM

Exactly my point (if not overly sarcastic). The car is not targeted for showboating masses....so why critique on that premise?
because society says so.
society says " hey, you have to have the most expensive stuff and show it off!"

the smart people DONT listen these 20's somethings .
Old 09-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
A sad indictment indeed if one can be criticized for NOT being a snob.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Let's all play nice in the sand box gents...
Old 09-02-2016, 11:15 AM

^we are...?
probably didnt need to say that....

Old 09-02-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by hondamore
A sad indictment indeed if one can be criticized for NOT being a snob.
it's always been like this, has it not??
where does the phrase "keeping up with the Joneses" come from?

there are a few type of people out there. people who enjoy low-key understated design language, while there are people that enjoy ostentatious design language

and I totally get it! understated low key is nice and doesnt flaunt your wealth or lack there of...
while people do love to show boat!

a critic or a magazine author shouldnt sway you or acura, afterall, they are just critics anyway.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

^^^^^
Hey kid!

Git offa my lawn!

I'm not bent out of shape about the article. It reflects the reality, which is that most people exposed to the RLX feel the same way as the writer. It's only us few who look deeper than a badge and understand the tech of particularly the Sport Hybrid who buy it.

Acura knows they have a dud in the market, even if it is meant as a showcase for its tech prowess (and it is). Hopefully they are working on correcting that. The new design study is a good start.

Let's go, Acura!
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
a35tl (09-03-2016), nist7 (10-12-2016), RLX-Sport Hybrid (09-02-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Most Fuel Efficient AWD Cars...

RLX SH made the list....and a positive one!

Most Fuel-Efficient AWD Cars
pgeorg (09-14-2016), TSX69 (10-18-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 07:30 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

2 in 2 Days

And another favorable list made....

10 Luxury Vehicles for Weathering the Rainy Season
pgeorg (09-14-2016), TSX69 (10-18-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
MSN Ranks Sport Hybrid Amongst the 10 Luxury Vehicles for Weathering the Rainy Season

10 Luxury Vehicles for Weathering the Rainy Season
TSX69 (10-18-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

TampaRLX beat you by 45 minutes. In any case, that's pretty much how I use my Sport Hybrid....it's my inclement weather car, for when I can't drive the NSX. I know it's "The Street", not a great publication, but the RLX is in pretty decent company in that article. Nice to see positivity.

Last edited by neuronbob; 09-16-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

REVIEW: 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD - Rare Hybrid | BestRide

He got the trannies switched between the SH and PAWS models. Also the spare does not reduce trunk space, but it does add weight. Otherwise a decent review.
TSX69 (10-18-2016)
Old 01-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts
I drove a '14 CPO low mileage Panamera, and several other high end sedans before I bought my Sport Hybrid. I preferred the Acura over all it's similarly priced peers. And I've had great experience with our other two Acuras and several Hondas. But that Porsche - wow. On paper, the Acura ties, beats or smashes the Panamera on every metric that matters to me. And the used Porsche cost about $14,000 more than the new Acura. It was an easy decision. But the Panamera "felt" better on the road ... and was more fun to drive.

After a a few weeks of ownership, I'm completely satisfied with my RLX purchase ... I've wanted one for two years. And for the price, in my opinion, it is head and shoulders above it's competion. Let's face it - price is probably a significant factor for most car buyers; otherwise we'd all be driving Lamborghini's. But I think denying that there are similar autos out there with more emotional attraction to most people than the RLX is bunk. Acura makes a fantastic car, but there is a reason they have to discount them >$10K to sell them. The angel on my shoulder is glad we got another Acura, but that little devil keeps whispering "there's no substitute. Let's see what the Precison Concept Car brings in late '18.
The following 4 users liked this post by Scott in AZ:
hondamore (01-23-2017), Malibu Flyer (01-23-2017), neuronbob (01-23-2017), pgeorg (01-23-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I have been reading the CR Auto issue today. Much of the details focus on best and worse for new and used cars. I have said in the past I really don't align to what CR recommends and I use my subscription primarily for appliance and electronic purchases. As most of the auto mags benchmark every vehicle against a BMW 3 series, CR treats cars like toasters. If a reviewer has any level of excitement towards a car, I am convinced they must go home and self flagellate.

Now we have discussed how CR panned the RLX when reviewing an early 2014 PAWS model. Some of it was deserved (brittle suspension, quality issues in early builds, and the Acura 'not me too' mentality of what a flagship car should be.) But they never tested later models or the SH. And yet they now list the RLX as better than average reliability and it is no longer listed as 'Not Recommended'. And I find it hypocritical that they claim the Infinity Q70 Hybrid gets best in class mpgs when the SH does better AND sells more. They do not qualify these selections 'based on what we have tested'. They come across as absolute.

The section that lists the model reliability history, the RLX (and RL) are not even included. Yet they have the TLX and TL history. Sadly the TLX makes the worst used cars category. However the Acura brand ranking has risen from near bottom to better than mid pack @ 13 of 31 brands ranked. Most of Acura's accolades are from the RDX and MDX. Most of the owner dissatisfaction comes from the dual screen interface - which was designed with CR carping that Acura had too many buttons (and suggested touch screens)! Now they carp on all the touch screens being used and want buttons. They will never be pleased and will find something to target negatively even if it contradicts what they requested previously. The other Acura dings are suspension / damper related and tranny issues (mostly from the botched TLX launch and stop sale occurrences - and I can agree with those).

Why carp? Because many publications spring board off CR findings and then perpetuate the stigma. Forbes is guilty of that using CR data to list the RLX as a car to avoid. Forbes then feeds AOL who feeds MSN Autos - and well, the horse is already dead.

Frankly, I do not give a rats behind as long as I am pleased, and I learned my lesson buying a CR recommended vehicle which did not suit my tastes. And I have loved my RL and RLX which get no cred from CR. And they wonder why I will not donate $$$.
The following 4 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
fsmith (03-02-2017), hondamore (03-01-2017), Malibu Flyer (03-02-2017), moose66 (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Grandpa

...and I learned my lesson buying a CR recommended vehicle which did not suit my tastes. And I have loved my RL and RLX which get no cred from CR. And they wonder why I will not donate $$$.
They do not know much about computers, either.

But they seem to do well with dishwashers, if that helps. :-)
The following 2 users liked this post by George Knighton:
fsmith (03-02-2017), TampaRLX-SH (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Senior Moderator

The section that lists the model reliability history, the RLX (and RL) are not even included. Yet they have the TLX and TL history. Sadly the TLX makes the worst used cars category. However the Acura brand ranking has risen from near bottom to better than mid pack @ 13 of 31 brands ranked. Most of Acura's accolades are from the RDX and MDX. Most of the owner dissatisfaction comes from the dual screen interface - which was designed with CR carping that Acura had too many buttons (and suggested touch screens)! Now they carp on all the touch screens being used and want buttons. They will never be pleased and will find something to target negatively even if it contradicts what they requested previously. The other Acura dings are suspension / damper related and tranny issues (mostly from the botched TLX launch and stop sale occurrences - and I can agree with those).
I am also a CR member. I pay for a web account. The RLX is there. There's only one year of reliability listed, and that is 2014....predicted as "above average", with owner satisfaction listed as "below average". All items are above average other than suspension, which is average, body integrity, which is far below average, power equipment, which is averate, and audio system, which is far below average.

They can't fit everything into the paper magazine, I guess?
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
moose66 (03-01-2017), TampaRLX-SH (03-02-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Holy Crap! Autobytel has the RLX in the best midsize sedans! Who here sent them a check? Could there be forgiveness for the early model issues?

10 Best Midsize Luxury Sedans | Autobytel.com
The following 3 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
moose66 (03-09-2017), pgeorg (03-10-2017), TSX69 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Holy Crap! Autobytel has the RLX in the best midsize sedans! Who here sent them a check? Could there be forgiveness for the early model issues?

10 Best Midsize Luxury Sedans Autobytel.com
Compared to the other cars in the same class, I would vote for the RLX as well. It is a very nice car all around.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts

10 Best Midsize Luxury Sedans Autobytel.com
Not surprising really. The RLX ranked top ten in USNews' large luxury car segment.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Arrow Chicago

RLX delivers sedan essentials and expected Acura reliability Chicago Sun-Times
RLX delivers sedan essentials and expected Acura reliability

Autos 05/20/2017, 06:00am
Gallery

By John Stein

The 2017 Acura RLX competes in the rarified air of the large luxury sedan segment, where the competition is fierce and the category’s players are constantly improving and impressing. Luckily for the RLX, it’s got a few tricks up its sleeve that set it apart.

Aside from being roomy and extremely reliable, the 2017 RLX delivers what I consider to be one of the better safety packages for the price of admission. With an impressive base price of $54,450, the RLX offers a suite of advanced safety technologies called AcuraWatch. This bundle features adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking.

While the RLX is available in just 1 trim, there is a hybrid version ($59,950) that offers a jump in horsepower from a gasoline engine-electric motor powertrain and the traction security of all-wheel drive.

The RLX may be best described as offering an understated exterior style. In the luxury sedan class, where every model is trying to separate itself from the others, differences are often achieved through very distinct styling cues and treatments.

The RLX stands pat with its Acura signature statement that speaks to confidence and reliability more than it does to attitude, sportiness or extreme elegance. The nose is certainly the best part of the RLX, featuring the recognizable Acura grille and lamp stack slanting to the center focal point. It is a statement of balance and confidence, but not the most elaborate treatment.

Inside the RLX cabin, you can seat five adults upon the exquisite leather upholstery. Sound-deadening materials create a wonderfully quiet space that is equaled in its serenity by the somewhat plain Acura interior treatment. You will never question the craftsmanship or quality, but there is a distinct middle ground that RLX takes in its style.

Front passengers have 12-way power adjustments, heated seat comfort, plenty of headroom and exceptional visibility for the driver. Rear-seat passengers get similar roominess as well as LATCH car-seat connections.

Operating the accessories in the RLX is easy with the convenient center stack arrangement that puts everything within arm’s reach. I found the RLX’s layout to be extremely fundamental and intuitive to use, with responsive touch screen and easy-to-grasp knobs and buttons. The gorgeous blue background makes everything easy to read.

Under the hood, RLX offers a dependable 3.5-liter V-6 engine (310 horsepower). I found plenty of oomph for getting the big sedan up to speed and merging into a crowded tollway field. Sure, there are more powerful luxury sedans, but most people don’t need the extra ponies, and the RLX is right where it probably needs to be.

A standard 6-speed automatic transmission is mated to the engine, providing immediate acceleration and a smooth-shifting experience. RLX manages 20 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway, which is better than average for the class.

The 2017 RLX really is a competent large luxury sedan that provides exceptional family sedan driving manners and luxurious commuter comfort. Safety ratings and standard safety features, along with impressive reliability scores, make the relatively low entry price a real eye-opener.

moose66 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

If only he'd tested the Sport Hybrid.....but what a glowing review for PAWS.
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
moose66 (05-23-2017), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-22-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 11:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
"While the RLX is available in just 1 trim"???
Old 06-01-2017, 03:27 PM
2014 SH Advance/2006 Tech

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Car Buzz site ridiculous Review

The Acura RLX Is A Disappointing Hunk Of Metal

The reporter starts with "The Acura RLX Is A Disappointing Hunk Of Metal".

Disappointing Hunk!!!! Seriously?

Is he for real??

Don't know if he is a real automobile enthusiast or not. But this review seems to me like he is lacking the guts to accept the fascinating facts about this awesome beast.

Comments are welcome.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...
Old 06-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
I couldn't get myself to watch the video in real time, but scrolling through it suggests that he never drove the car as part of his review. WTF?
Old 06-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Honestly, who cares?

Do you like your car? Do you love your car? That should be all that matters.

I purchased a Nissan 370z last year, and I must say, the 370z in general seems to get a lot of hate, and I'm not exactly sure why. A lot of misconceptions, a lot of erroneous information, etc. The funny thing is that most of this is perpetrated by people who've never even sat in the car, let alone driven it.

By the end of the day, I've decided that people can hate on it all they want- for me, it is a true driving pleasure and I haven't driven any other new car that drives like it does. No, it's not the most powerful or fastest, but it handles like its on rails, has more than enough power for me to get in trouble with, and at least in my mind, looks absolutely fantastic. 6MT? Check. RWD? Check. Fairly lightweight? Check. LSD? Check. Engaging to drive? Check. Forged wheels and big brakes? Check. Etc, etc.

As it stands, I bought this car solely for myself. I mention it on AZ Occassionally, but I don't go looking for people's opinion on it. If someone doesn't like it, so be it. I love it. And that's all that counts. And no one will take that away from me!
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
Malibu Flyer (06-07-2017), princelybug (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm going to agree with Taco here. I bought the RLX because I like the look, love the tech specs, value and know Hond/ Acura's reliability after having had 2 Accords, 3TLs and now the SH. I got rid of a w212 e550 to get the SH and would never look back because this car does "it" for me. I could not care less what a talking head auto media reviewer has to say about a car I made the decision to buy for myself. Same goes for the rest of my life - I buy my clothes, watches and other accoutrements of life for me not anyone else. Most of us here who live with these cars on a daily basis by and large appear to live by the same code and are OK with that.

Rant over.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

I think the reviewer is right when he says "Acura, we know you’re capable of doing better and it’s about time you should." As much as I like the RLX, Acura needs to up the ante on the next Legend (and it should be called, "Legend").

The video part of the review was actually not that bad...until the end, where the narrator gave his opinion about what Acura must do to compete. He states the same things many on this very site do.

He liked the exterior other than the beak. He got 5.3 0-60, not bad. Liked the SH-AWD system and the push button transmission. He likes the fit and finish. Doesn't like the split screen display.

He has the same issue about pricing many of us do, and has trouble justifying the price vs others in the $60-70k space. Even I wouldn't pay MSRP for a SH today. If i do a SH again, it'll be at a major discount. If they want full price, I'll be walking.

Last edited by neuronbob; 06-01-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by neuronbob
He got 5.3 0-60, not bad.
Not bad but indicative of a 2nd gear start? :-)

Quick Reply: Acura RLX Reviews (Sport Hybrid reviews pg 21)