Accuralink always red and stopped reading my text

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Accuralink always red and stopped reading my text

I had issues with acuralink light turning green to red, now always red. I didn't know what exactly that impacted. The other day, I threw in a CD to rip to my HDD and it didn't get the album name or track names. I guess this relies on acuralink.

I also don't get traffic info, I know this relies on acuralink too.

I also noticed that my text are never read, when they used to. I can make phone calls and stream audio but no text reading. Does this also rely on acuralink or a different issue?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
little red light is Tampa territory
Old 09-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by jpadilla
I also noticed that my text are never read, when they used to. I can make phone calls and stream audio but no text reading. Does this also rely on acuralink or a different issue?
I am not sure what is going on here, but the text reading function is something that has to be turned on. To my knowledge, that function does not use Acuralink and is something intrinsic to the car. First thing I'd try in this situation is going into the settings to be sure the function is turned on. Then I'd try unpairing the phone from the car, deleting the Acura items from your phone's Bluetooth settings, hard rebooting the phone, and then re-pairing the phone to your car.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
^^^ agreed.

AcuraLink is a vague product name that few can clear define which components work in which manner.

Reading texts and emails is a bluetooth connectivity function between your car and phone. And yes, it must be selected in the SET UP menu of the car.

However, there are caveats. One being assuring your phone & carrier are compatible for this feature by checking handsfreelink.com . Not all phones and all carriers are compatible with all features. (In fact I do not think there is any one phone / carrier combination that checks all the feature capabilities). In some cases a phone may work sometimes even it not listed as compatible. But no guarantees.

The red light is the AcuraLink cellular reception. If it is always red, check your dealer.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I am not sure what is going on here, but the text reading function is something that has to be turned on. To my knowledge, that function does not use Acuralink and is something intrinsic to the car. First thing I'd try in this situation is going into the settings to be sure the function is turned on. Then I'd try unpairing the phone from the car, deleting the Acura items from your phone's Bluetooth settings, hard rebooting the phone, and then re-pairing the phone to your car.
I tried all that to no avail ... even tried my wife's phone. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 2 minutes, reconnected it, and now all is working again ... even little light is green and stays green. hopefully this isn't a routine that I need to excersise on a regular cadence.