AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   2018 RLX sport hybrid with low mileage (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/2018-rlx-sport-hybrid-low-mileage-979379/)

blaser 05-07-2019 06:21 PM

2018 RLX sport hybrid with low mileage

I see many 2018 RLX SH-AWD with low mileage for sale at dealers.
Anyone understands why?
any problems with these cars?
Why are people getting rid of them so quickly?

spoiler900 05-07-2019 07:42 PM

They are most likely service loaners from the dealership. Nothing wrong with them, the dealership will put car in service about 5,000-15,000 miles then sell them as certified pre-owned.

blaser 05-08-2019 04:19 AM

when you look at carfax many of them were sold, not loaners

hues10 05-08-2019 08:10 AM

Significant Depreciation from Sticker price on these. I guess they are 2018. I wonder what a brand new one is discounted. I was looking at a 2017 RLX SH-Hybrid Advanced with less than 15k miles on it, and it went for $32k. That is half of sticker in two years. Figure I would wait until 2020 or 2021 and get a 2019 for close to half as well.

George Knighton 05-08-2019 08:26 AM

My small dealer in Virginia has a used 2019 for which they want 49K. But I'm sure they'd come down for a knowledgeable purchaser. They also have a new 2019.

They also have a 2018 and a 2017.

Not sure where all these Sport Hybrids are coming from all of a sudden.

andysinnh 05-08-2019 08:31 AM

For our local dealer, the RLX SH-AWD's were loaners that were sparingly used (ours had 1200 miles on it). And the dealers "own" these cars as loaners, and as such appear as purchased thru CarFax, etc. So don't assume they're sold and returned.....

JonFo 05-11-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 16423182)
... Not sure where all these Sport Hybrids are coming from all of a sudden.

Off-lease?

It is interesting to see the supply grow. I'm trying to decide whether to go for low-mile 17/18 or a nicely discounted 2019.

pcloadletter 05-12-2019 07:20 PM

The 18's have updated cosmetics, but it doesn't seem to justify the 10k price difference over the 17s. Luxury sedans have always had poor deprecation rates and most buyers go German for brand recognition.

When building a RLX, the SH option is $7k, how many Americans would actually check the box for all wheel drive?

moose66 05-13-2019 03:46 PM

There's a '19 sitting on the Carmax website for $49K. CarFax says it was a repo.

dopeboy1 05-13-2019 04:22 PM

Theres a "new" 2018 sh-sh at the dealer near me. Probably has only a handful of km, they're asking $59,900 CAD.

MuGen7Modulo 05-13-2019 10:17 PM

Dealers can sell a car as brand new even if it has 5000 miles on it. That's the max of miles. Some cars are used as demos, dealer managers/principal driving them, or as loaners.
There are also some that have less then 5000 miles and sold as CPO. Cars driven by Acura HQ managers.
I would stay away from cars like that. But it also plays out how clean the car is when you inspect it yourself and how picky you are about the overall condition :)

moose66 05-14-2019 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo (Post 16425653)
. . . . . . I would stay away from cars like that.

Why? If the numbers are right and it is CPO'd, what would be the concern? Unless you are talking about those driven by mangers, regional VP's, etc. which are not CPO'd. Those I would have a little concern with.

andysinnh 05-14-2019 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16425707)
Why? If the numbers are right and it is CPO'd, what would be the concern? Unless you are talking about those driven by mangers, regional VP's, etc. which are not CPO'd. Those I would have a little concern with.

I'll agree with this reply. We've always tended to buy/lease new, but when the current '18 SH-AWD Advance showed up as a CPO - with 1200 miles on it as a dealer loaner and with a $46.5K price - there was frankly little discussion as to whether we'd buy it or not. The important thing is to look at the history of usage/maintenance, and make sure you carefully look the car over (on a lift if you can) to make sure it's cosmetically and physically in great shape, and then take a loooong test drive to make sure it hasn't been abused and drives cleanly. But overall, at least at this price level, we found that CPO was a very viable option....

DanL07RL 05-18-2019 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo (Post 16425653)
Dealers can sell a car as brand new even if it has 5000 miles on it. That's the max of miles. Some cars are used as demos, dealer managers/principal driving them, or as loaners.
There are also some that have less then 5000 miles and sold as CPO. Cars driven by Acura HQ managers.
I would stay away from cars like that.
But it also plays out how clean the car is when you inspect it yourself and how picky you are about the overall condition :)

OK I too want to hear a bit more about that. My car was an Acura-owned vehicle before I bought it with 356 miles and a CPO, and I've been very pleased.

Upon on what do you base this statement? Do you have any real evidence of abuse or other shenanigans by "..Acura HQ managers." or are you just throwing speculation out there?

MuGen7Modulo 05-25-2019 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by DanL07RL (Post 16427813)
OK I too want to hear a bit more about that. My car was an Acura-owned vehicle before I bought it with 356 miles and a CPO, and I've been very pleased.

Upon on what do you base this statement? Do you have any real evidence of abuse or other shenanigans by "..Acura HQ managers." or are you just throwing speculation out there?

Ser Dan! I'm sure you are in a good car with that red beauty. Muller's is 20 minutes from where I live and their CPO shop have a "special channel" with the west coast. They bring in clean cars in general but also overcharge when selling them. In my few months of locking down and buying the RLX, I ventured in their showroom and did some "hard" negotiating but they did not budge, very stuck-up in my case.
It's a 50/50 win/loose situation, selling a CPO at higher price is good for us at the resale point but I don't want to be overcharge at the present time. :)

I saw RLXs from Acura dealers in different states. Some where not in the "best" condition for what they were advertised. All this it's a matter of opinion.
I'm very happy with mine and it's a good feeling when driving it.:vtec: An unicorn on the streets for sure!:thumbsup:

I've "jumped" on a Panamera the other day and the driver reacted, but I had to let it go driving in a local 45m/h zone. :)

DanL07RL 05-26-2019 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo (Post 16431158)
Ser Dan! I'm sure you are in a good car with that red beauty. Muller's is 20 minutes from where I live and their CPO shop have a "special channel" with the west coast. They bring in clean cars in general but also overcharge when selling them. In my few months of locking down and buying the RLX, I ventured in their showroom and did some "hard" negotiating but they did not budge, very stuck-up in my case.
It's a 50/50 win/loose situation, selling a CPO at higher price is good for us at the resale point but I don't want to be overcharge at the present time. :)

I saw RLXs from Acura dealers in different states. Some where not in the "best" condition for what they were advertised. All this it's a matter of opinion.
I'm very happy with mine and it's a good feeling when driving it.:vtec: An unicorn on the streets for sure!:thumbsup:

I've "jumped" on a Panamera the other day and the driver reacted, but I had to let it go driving in a local 45m/h zone. :)

OK all very interesting. But you didn't answer my question. Why, exactly, would you "stay away" from a car such as you describe? It's hardly a matter of "opinion"....were they in bad shape and why? Were they selling sub-standard stuff and CPOing it to move them out?

If you have accurate information I think it would be of value to anyone here, me included.

George Knighton 05-26-2019 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by DanL07RL (Post 16431189)
But [he] didn't answer my question.

I think he was referring specifically to what he called "Acura HQ managers," some of whom imagine themselves Honda Challenge H1 and HU competitors.

Not that I'd have any personal experience in that direction.

:-)

DanL07RL 05-27-2019 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 16431209)
I think he was referring specifically to what he called "Acura HQ managers," some of whom imagine themselves Honda Challenge H1 and HU competitors.

Not that I'd have any personal experience in that direction.

:-)

Specifically my concern. I'm told my car was "owned" by Acura HQ for several months (356 miles to be exact) for use as a marketing example (may be the one you saw in ads) prior to it going to the selling dealer.

So, should I be concerned about its treatment by them prior to my ownership??!!

George Knighton 05-27-2019 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by DanL07RL (Post 16431415)
So, should I be concerned about its treatment by them prior to my ownership??!!

I would not buy the pomegranate car. :-)

The others, I have no idea.

These are not delicate cars, though. My own KC2 has been demonstrated at private venue on a number of occasions, has about 90K miles on it, and has still been completely bulletproof. Only problem that was unscheduled was that the 12 volt battery went out after somebody claimed just a couple of weeks before that it tested fine.

They keep offering me deals on new KC2, but this one's just fine and I don't see any reason to incur debt for another one.