2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
As a former owner of both the MDX and the RDX, I think the best thing they could possibly do to both is to stop using that silly down-swooping rear side window line.

It makes both vehicles look a little too stationwagon-y, not to mention too much like the CR-V.

Give us a good Hofmeister kink back there:

Would make it look better, I think, As they are, they look like sedans that had their rooflines lifted to make SUV's out of them.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Wink Press Release

Mar 2, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.
AcuraWatch™ expands scope and content of safety and driver assistive technologies
Chassis tuning enhances ride quality; 19-inch wheels with new bright finish standard on all trims
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) unchanged

With the most comprehensive suite of safety and driver assistive technologies yet available on an Acura, the 2016 RLX luxury sedan goes on sale March 3 with manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) unchanged from the previous model year. This price hold represents a significant value, especially for the Technology package due to the addition of AcuraWatch™ and Advance package which includes the 1st U.S. application of Acura's Surround View Camera system3. Both RLX packages will also adopt the application of Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) and Cross Traffic Monitor.

The Acura RLX luxury sedan boasts an abundance of standard premium attributes and features. These include a powerful and smooth 310 horsepower, direct-injected i-VTEC V-6 engine that contributes to the RLX's EPA fuel economy ratings of 20/31/24 mpg (city/highway/combined)2, agile and sporty handling with Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS™), distinctive Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, 19-inch bright-finished wheels and next generation AcuraLink® connected car system.

Available on all trims and standard on the Technology and Advance packages, the RLX now includes AcuraWatch™, a comprehensive suite of safety and driver assistive technologies that help to improve the driver's situational awareness and, in certain circumstances, intervene to help avoid a collision or mitigate its severity. The AcuraWatch™ suite of available features – depending upon trim – includes:
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
Blind Spot Information (BSI)
Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Cross Traffic Monitor

AcuraWatch™
At the heart of AcuraWatch™ is the fusion of camera and radar technology that can sense the roadway and objects within it, including other vehicles and pedestrians. This technology underpins the systems that help provide the driver with superior vision around the vehicle, can alert the driver of potential issues and, if necessary, intervene to help keep the RLX from departing a lane, departing the road, or help to avoid or mitigate the severity of a collision. These systems include Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) and Cross Traffic Monitor, both of which are new to the RLX.

Surround View Camera3
For 2016, the Acura RLX with Advance Package includes the 1st U.S. application of Acura's Surround View Camera system3 that provides a 360-degree image of the area around the vehicle. The surround view camera system is designed to assist drivers during critical and precise maneuvers in snug parking situations. Using 4 separate cameras, views from behind, directly in front of, and both left and right sides of the vehicle can be displayed on the navigation screen. The system can also use all 4 cameras to seamlessly create a composite bird's eye image, to provide the driver with information about the surroundings. In addition, dynamic on-screen guidelines help the driver see their projected path relative to the lines demarking parking spaces or other objects, allowing them to maneuver with greater confidence.

Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
New for the 2016 Acura RLX, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) uses a Monocular Camera (mounted on the upper portion of the windshield) to identify solid or dashed painted lane lines, Botts' Dots and Cat Eye markers. RDM uses both steering force, via EPS, and braking force, via VSA, to help the RLX stay a detected lane.

The monocular camera can recognize lane features and identify a lane or roadway edge. If the RDM system determines that the RLX is about to leave a detected lane or roadway defined by solid lines, it will provide steering assist (primary) and, in rare occasions when steering is not sufficient, braking assist to help the driver stay on the road. If a lane only identified by dashed lines, Bott's Dots or Cat Eye markers and the system determines that there is an unintended departure, no braking assist will be provided. Instead, the RLX will use active steering force to return to the detected lane. RDM is integrated with the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system to provide moderate braking, and with the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system to provide steering input.

Multiple visual and audible warnings alert the driver when the RDM system is taking corrective action. These include a lane departure warning on the driver's Multi Information Display (MID) along with an audible warning. RDM also has a customizable initial warning of either a steering wheel shake/vibration and/or an audible alert. This can be customized in the vehicle settings.

Cross Traffic Monitor
Another new driver assistive technology included with AcuraWatch™, the Cross Traffic Monitor works in conjunction with the RLX's Blind Spot Information (BSI) radar sensors to enhance driver confidence when backing up. The system is especially useful when reversing in congested parking lots with an obstructed view from the driver's seat.

The system utilizes a pair of blind-spot radar units located in the rear bumper corners. When Reverse is selected and an approaching vehicle is detected, arrows indicating the approaching vehicle's direction are shown on the center display's rear camera image. An audible warning is simultaneously emitted.

Additional Enhancements for 2016 RLX
To improve overall ride and handling quality and reduce noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), the chassis of the 2016 RLX has received multiple tuning refinements. Both the front and rear shock absorbers get an increase in piston rod diameter and the rear stabilizer bar's stiffness is decreased. The front and rear spring rates and shock absorber damping force were all decreased to provide better shock absorption and road surface tracking. Furthermore, the front upper spring/shock mounts and rear bump stops were changed for improved action.

The 2016 Acura RLX is available in 3 trims, RLX with Navigation, RLX with Technology Package and RLX with Advance Package. The RLX with Navigation has been upgraded for 2016 with the same larger 19-inch wheels as standard on the other trims with a new bright finish The RLX with Technology Package has been enhanced with AcuraWatch™ as standard. The RLX with Advance Package has been improved with AcuraWatch™ including surround view camera and a bi-directional remote engine starter. Also for 2016 a new Acura Silver Metallic color is available.

PHP Code:
TRIM

MSRP1

EPA Rating2

RLX with Navigation

$50,950

/31/24

RLX with Technology Package

$54,450

/31/24

RLX with Advance Package

$60,450

/31/24 
The following 6 users liked this post by TSX69:
a35tl (03-03-2015), hadokenuh (03-02-2015), holografique (03-02-2015), hondamore (03-02-2015), Mike_TX (03-02-2015), neuronbob (03-02-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Well, then. Colin (as usual) is right. 2016 is not the MMC year. No change in looks, no change in MSRP, but added features as figured.

Of the new features, the only one I'd love to have is the surround view. We have been asking for that since that feature was introduced in the 4G Legend in Japan as front/side cameras back in the day.

Waiting with bated breath for the 2016 Sport Hybrid to be announced. Should be soon. Given no change in MSRP for the PAWS model, I suspect there will be none for the Sport Hybrid, either.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
And still no exterior styling tweaks for 2016. Well there's always 2017. Acura please trim some of the fat and make this car have some type of sex appeal and not be so bland. Then you can better compete with cars like the Lexus GS 350.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
I wonder what they will do with all the 2014 and 2015 RLX PAWS that are still available as well as the 2014 RLX SH AWD. I have to believe that since they now have released information about the 2016 it will make most people just wait for it since they get more bells and whistles for the same money. I wonder if they are going to have a fire sale for the other RLXs on the dealer lots?
Old 03-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I am more excited to read about changes to improve overall ride and handling quality and reduce noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) than the tech stuff. This is where the current RLX is truly lacking compared to the competitors.

Looks like a 2016 Tech at 50K (after discount) is a good buy after all.

But I'll wait for the 2017 MMC though. Hopefully they will make the SHAWD standard and tweak the exterior styling a bit. I think the will sell a lot more than they do right now.

Last edited by hadokenuh; 03-02-2015 at 02:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
holografique (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
no head up display...
blah
Old 03-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
After reading through the press release in it's entirety, not a bad update overall considering no change in price, especially with them addressing probably the single largest problem with the RLX: suspension ride-quality. Still yet to be tested and felt first-hand, but it sounds like a pretty hefty overhaul to the entire suspension system. The enhanced "AcuraWatch+" features are pretty nice as well.

I also noticed what appeared to be some enhancements to the way RDM works that is more advanced than what the current RDM implemented in the 2015 TLX.

They also got rid of the base trim, smart move. A car of this class just doesn't make sense to offer with little options/features. Anyone spending $50k or more is a different class buyer, they are not looking to be "thrifty" and likely can afford and/or wants more options. Not to mention you could just get a TLX if you really need to spend less, and get more than you would in the 2014/2015 base trim.

All in all, this looks like a "quick-fix" to address the ride-quality issues and update the tech in the car so the value is not soo far out of whack when compared to the lower priced vehicles (TLX, MDX, ILX) and the competitive landscape.

What has not been addressed or mentioned is whether they have even bothered to address any of the commonly reported issues and frustrations with the NAV system.

While I think this is a solid move in the right direction, this is ultimately still a "pass" for me. We'll see what happens come early-mid 2016, when they hopefully release/announce information on the 2017 model.
The following 2 users liked this post by holografique:
hadokenuh (03-03-2015), mgalbr22 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 04:08 PM
AcurAdmirer

Yeah, just shiny wheels, around-view camera and improved ride quality. Of those, the ride quality thing is the biggie (assuming it is noticeable).

Looks like my 2014 is still cutting edge.

mgalbr22 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Senior Moderator

So shall I rename the thread "2017 Acura RLX MMC"? LOL
hondamore (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
I was about to post the same thing, Bob.

I am confused by the Sport Hybrid not being mentioned at all. Apparently, all their production capacity is going to the 2016 Legend and they figure that they still have some tech versions left to sell from the 2014 quickie run, so why bother????

Maybe the 2017 version will be the 1000 units of the Sport Hybrid built in Ohio with the twin turbo?? Does any of this sound familiar???
Old 03-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
My question is whether or not they have made improvements to the infotainment system, at least in regard to the user interface. Since there appears to be no hardware upgrades [which they would like mention] there could still be some better software to fix the shortcoming of the system.

We won't know until we get some reviews. I wouldn't expect them to announce, "we have new software which actually makes the infotainment system user friendly and useful.." My gut says there isn't much in the way of changes but I hope I am proved incorrect.

As far as the Sport Hybrid is concerned, I assume the changes to the 2016 would follow the same formula of minimal changes. That is if they even produce a 2016 model. They may simply wait for the 2017 model, which would give them enough time to make more significant changes.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Ah rats, I was really hoping that '16 was going to bring some significant changes. OK, well we are happy to have the improvements that have been implemented.

Chris
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Safety Car

Red face 2015

Interestingly, it is almost as if the 2015 model year did not exist for Acura. Sure, the TLX debuted but we are only 2 months into 2015 & we already have the 2016 ILX, MDX & RLX; the 2016 RDX is on the way soon. Keep in mind that Acura only has 5 models. Hopefully this is a sign of more changes to come.

I have only had my 2014 RLX Advance for 7 months & it kind of depresses me that I am missing out on all these features that have been added at no charge. Granted, the only thing that I think I really care about is the remote start & maybe the heated steering wheel - but only for symmetry purposes.

Glad to see the base & Krell package go & the navi could have gone too considering that I have only seen 2015 techs & advances. I wonder if they will just call the navi the base now ... ? A new silver is fine I guess but hopefully they will add more color combos like the 2016 MDX which now offers white/ebony with the advance trim.

Considering all the complaints about the bland looks, I am a bit surprised that they did not do more than just brighten the rims. I know it is not an MMC so nothing major is expected but can I @ least get the chrome door handles like the Japan Legend? I wonder if I can swap those out ...........

I assume that the 9 speed will make its way into the RLX @ some point but I ponder if it will make the mpg go down like the MDX.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Resale value

Originally Posted by TSX69
Interestingly, it is almost as if the 2015 model year did not exist for Acura. Sure, the TLX debuted but we are only 2 months into 2015 & we already have the 2016 ILX, MDX & RLX; the 2016 RDX is on the way soon. Keep in mind that Acura only has 5 models. Hopefully this is a sign of more changes to come.

I have only had my 2014 RLX Advance for 7 months & it kind of depresses me that I am missing out on all these features that have been added at no charge. Granted, the only thing that I think I really care about is the remote start & maybe the heated steering wheel - but only for symmetry purposes.

Glad to see the base & Krell package go & the navi could have gone too considering that I have only seen 2015 techs & advances. I wonder if they will just call the navi the base now ... ? A new silver is fine I guess but hopefully they will add more color combos like the 2016 MDX which now offers white/ebony with the advance trim.

Considering all the complaints about the bland looks, I am a bit surprised that they did not do more than just brighten the rims. I know it is not an MMC so nothing major is expected but can I @ least get the chrome door handles like the Japan Legend? I wonder if I can swap those out ...........

I assume that the 9 speed will make its way into the RLX @ some point but I ponder if it will make the mpg go down like the MDX.

Hope you leased rather than bought. The resale value of the 2015 is about to take a dive-if it hasn't already. Will adversely impact further the 2014 value.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
So shall I rename the thread "2017 Acura RLX MMC"? LOL
I think maybe the confusion has always been that a 2016 MMC would be for the 2017 MY.

So it's not an "early" MMC. It's the regular cycle.

Does anybody know what the different color "silver" is going to be?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by hondamore
Maybe the 2017 version will be the 1000 units of the Sport Hybrid built in Ohio with the twin turbo?? Does any of this sound familiar?

That's a very entertaining idea, but I don't know where at Marysville we think there can be an additional line for the Legend.

There's not much room left in those buildings, you know, after the reconfiguration for the Civic-based cars (which I assume is the new ILX, but I'm still not sure).

I'd love to see the North American Legend built in North America, especially if it's being built in Ohio. They have a slightly better record for quality than Indiana and Alabama.

But I don't see how it'd make sense, or even how they'd find the room and the personnel.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by mgalbr22
Hope you leased rather than bought. The resale value of the 2015 is about to take a dive-if it hasn't already. Will adversely impact further the 2014 value.
Oh, I think we've given up on "value" and the entire line of KC1 and KC2.

Unless you consider ownership and driving a kind of value.

I still like the P-AWS car, even. It really drove and handled pretty well for a big FWD sedan, and handled pavement vagaries and gaters very well.

Sure, it transmitted some of the energy to the interior, but the car was still unsettled and firmly planted.

Frankly, I wonder if they haven't hurt the overall high performance handling of the P-AWS cars by reducing the spring rates and the size of the rear anti-roll bar.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSX69

I know what you saying, I have a 2015 RLX Advance and have only owned it for 6 months. Now the 2016 are out with more features than mine as well as suspension enhancement for the same price. I did not see anything about the Krell System in the 2016 notice I wonder if it still included in the car. Unfortunately it just the way it goes, like computers an TVs you buy one today and it obsolete in 6 months.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
So far the 2016 RLX exists only in a press release. It's nowhere to be found on acura.com
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Safety Car

Wink Krell

I purchased but luckily, I keep my cars for a while so I do not care much about resale value (had the 2004 TSX for 10 years) plus I realize part of it is a result of me getting such a huge discount so that does not bother too much.

As for Krell, it is still there based upon pics. Acuranews.com has pics of the regular & the Krell speaker:

woropallo (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 RLX adds new safety equipment

I found this article and thought you might be interested: 2016 Acura RLX Adds New Safety Equipment<http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1503-2016-acura-rlx-adds-new-safety-equipment/index.html>
Old 03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 RLX MMC is here

Not bad at all, Acura. I think I might be interested in a new car

Acura.com ? Build and Price

2016 Acura RLX Adds AcuraWatch? and Other Enhancements to Elevate Premium Sophistication... -- TORRANCE, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Acura Mildly Updates RLX for 2016 ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

2016 Acura RLX Arrives at Dealerships on March 3 | Edmunds.com
Old 03-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Banned

Ride quality fixed

Additional Enhancements for 2016 RLX
To improve overall ride and handling quality and reduce noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), the chassis of the 2016 RLX has received multiple tuning refinements. Both the front and rear shock absorbers get an increase in piston rod diameter and the rear stabilizer bar's stiffness is decreased. The front and rear spring rates and shock absorber damping force were all decreased to provide better shock absorption and road surface tracking. Furthermore, the front upper spring/shock mounts and rear bump stops were changed for improved action.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Several threads with similar information merged.

Enjoy the coming 2016 RLX and let the 2017 speculation begin!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks to Terry's link to acura.com, I now see that the Sport Hybrid has been completely removed from the Acura web site. Even if you search for it on that Acura web site, all Sport Hybrid containing links now go to the 2016 PAWS RLX. It's not even mentioned under "Future Vehicles".

Hmmmmm......interesting. So the Sport Hybrid has gone back to the drawing board awaiting completion of beta testing, like Google Glass? Or is it dead? Will it come back in the 2017 MY as part of a MMC? I guess we need to stay tuned.

All Sport Hybrid owners need to hug their cars a little more closely tonight. And put them in a garage.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Instructor

^^
Earlier today acura.com had no mention of the 2016. Now that it is there the build and price feature appears to be inconsistent with the press release. The press release states the Advance includes the bi-direction remote start, but on build and price it is a $399 option for the Advance. ???
Old 03-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
The RLX roll-out from start to finish has been a complete and utter MESS. Acura should be ashamed
The following 4 users liked this post by MisterZDX:
2011TL (03-03-2015), holografique (03-03-2015), neuronbob (03-03-2015), Terry RL (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 11:10 PM
AcurAdmirer

Thanks to Terry's link to acura.com, I now see that the Sport Hybrid has been completely removed from the Acura web site. Even if you search for it on that Acura web site, all Sport Hybrid containing links now go to the 2016 PAWS RLX. It's not even mentioned under "Future Vehicles".

Hmmmmm......interesting. So the Sport Hybrid has gone back to the drawing board awaiting completion of beta testing, like Google Glass? Or is it dead? Will it come back in the 2017 MY as part of a MMC? I guess we need to stay tuned.

All Sport Hybrid owners need to hug their cars a little more closely tonight. And put them in a garage.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sport Hybrid dies a quiet death. It was virtually off the radar anyway, a limited production model that suffered a number of delays, and a version of a model that wasn't setting sales records to begin with.

I know if I were CFO at Acura, I'd look very closely at a weak-selling specialty offshoot of a weak-selling model, and probably call in my product manager and ask him/her what the hell he/she was thinking.

And I honestly will be surprised if the NSX doesn't turn out to be a bomb in the marketplace. Too narrow-focus, and it's a Honda. In spite of enthusiast interest (and how many internet enthusiasts actually pony up $150-180,000 to buy their dream car?), I question the degree of real buyer interest in it. Lots of fifteen-year-old boys want a date with the Playmate of the Year, but few succeed at actually taking her out.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:12 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by MisterZDX
The RLX roll-out from start to finish has been a complete and utter MESS. Acura should be ashamed
If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator

This forum is but a microcosm of the buying public. Based on a sampling of this forum, I foresee Acura losing high end customers to the Germans because of the RLX debacle. I'm in a lease so I get to see the carnage up close for another 2 1/2 years. When I'm done, though....I'm likely to go back to Cadillac, or will try Audi out as it's the closest of the Germans to what Acura has to offer.

I'm hoping Acura does something to keep my interest given I'm also a long term Honda customer. The TLX and the ILX refresh offer some hope, but Acura's inexplicable silence on the RLX is puzzling and upsetting.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
The RLX website is a mess right now. It says 2016 on the splash screen, 2014 on the main screen and 2016 on the build and price. All mention of the sport hybrid has been totally scrubbed clean!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Racer

Looking at the Acura web site it does show the 2016 RLX PAWS. The features of the two models shown don't appear to have all the new safety features listed in the PR release. From the 2015 Advance, which I own, it appears they added some of the feature that were in the advance to the tech version. For the Advance it looks like they added the surround view system, remote engine start and road departure mitigation. I can't tell about the suspension.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
This forum is but a microcosm of the buying public. Based on a sampling of this forum, I foresee Acura losing high end customers to the Germans because of the RLX debacle. I'm in a lease so I get to see the carnage up close for another 2 1/2 years. When I'm done, though....I'm likely to go back to Cadillac, or will try Audi out as it's the closest of the Germans to what Acura has to offer.

I'm hoping Acura does something to keep my interest given I'm also a long term Honda customer. The TLX and the ILX refresh offer some hope, but Acura's inexplicable silence on the RLX is puzzling and upsetting.
Couldnt have been said better. I will likely go MB, especially after stopping by the dealer on Monday and seeing the C400 first hand, and their facilities. All I can say is: they get "luxury".

Audi is still on my list as well.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by woropallo
I can't tell about the suspension.
I'm sure all models get the suspension changes.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Banned

Honestly, when I first saw that their was a "new" RLX, last night. I was very happy, in the sense that Acura has finally upped the ante on their 'flagship'. But all I can add to this thread is disappointment. First off, this car STILL uses the 6-speed transmission dating back to 2011. Come on Acura, even the damn ILX uses an 8 Speed. Not to mention, we still have no word on a 2016 RLX SH-AWD, heck, not even the 2015 RLX Sport Hybrid. Also, the bland styling dating back almost 3 years, isn't cutting it. Honestly, I can name 20 things Acura should've addressed for 2016. They literally addressed two: Multi-view rear cam, softer suspension. Come on Acura. Where are the styling changes? Where are the new 'cutting-edge' features that are really suitable for a flaship? Where's the posh factor of the RLX? WHERE'S THE FLAGSHIP? Not to mention the Sport Hybrid has been killed, at least for now. What a complete waste of a car. The RLX has so many potential buyers, myself included. I would be willing to spend 70k on a new car, but it better be pretty damn good. The RLX, just isn't. Acura has never disappointing me so much, the entire RLX line-up has been screwed up.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Instructor

I'll add myself to the list of disappointed Acura customers. I had the opportunity to test drive the Sport Hybrid RLX last summer and planned on it being my next car. I'll give them until mid to late 2017 to get their act together.

An Audi A6 or A8 is on my short list.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts

I have made arrangements for a 2016 Audi A6 TDI Prestige for the weekend.
This may be my swan song for Acura.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:01 PM
AcurAdmirer

Boy, this is a rough crowd.

I'm not a shill for Acura, but I think some of you guys are being a little unrealistic. Very few brands make substantial changes in the middle of production, but some of you seem to have expected a whole new car for 2016.

Acuras - like most cars these days - have a model run of 6-7 years. Minor changes, usually just cosmetic, are generally made in the last couple of years to keep sales up in advance of a complete re-design.

Hello ... We ain't there yet!

The RLX doesn't have anti-gravity propulsion and laser-positioning ashtrays, but it's really a helluva nice car. Especially given its price point. It runs well, handles well, is slathered with leather inside and has lots of nice tech. No, it's not the absolute latest cutting edge stuff in all cases, but it also isn't $65,000.

I'm just saying don't expect an S-class when you get an RLX. It's positioned in between cars like the Toyota Avalon and the BMW 5-series, and it's priced accordingly.

I'm just sayin' ...

The following 2 users liked this post by Mike_TX:
Colin (03-04-2015), woropallo (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Hello,,,, some of us have been waiting for 3+ years for the Sport Hybrid. Some of us have been asking Acura for updates and got none.
Some of us were teased with commercials, Acura experiences and 'coming soon' for 6+ months.
Some of us defended the brand for a decade without going through a myriad of other cars and brands like underwear.
Some of us do not share your values and expectations.
Some of us make purchases with demands on our hard earned income and find many other brand options offering more for less than the what Acura calls a flagship and do it better.
Some of us expect the new generation to not feel as a step down from the previous.
Some of us agree that the sales numbers do tell not only about the consumer reaction to the car but also how Acura itself feels about the car.
Some of us are not willing to wait another 10 years to see a viable replacement.

Glad you are pleased (or at least trying to defend your position) with your expectations. Hello.....not everyone shares your benchmarks.

Just sayin....
The following 2 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
2011TL (03-04-2015), MisterZDX (03-04-2015)

Quick Reply: 2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)