2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
chassis is the plural of chassi
platform is the place you get warned about when getting on/off a subway.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 874 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by getakey
isn't every Lexus built on a Toyota chassis?
Technically speaking, with Toyota being the parent company the answer would be everything. But if you are talking about sharing the platform/chassis between Toyota and Lexus models, you are partially correct.

LX = Sequioa
GX = Tacoma/4runner
RX350 = camry/highlander
ES = (used to be camry, now is avalon iirc)

The RWD sedans are all 100% Lexus for north America. One thing to note is that Toyota:Lexus have multiple platforms for both fwd and rwd applications, which I like, rather than trying to make one platform work for everything. For what it's worth the Avalon is a really nice car so the ES benefits from that platform.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:34 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Technically speaking, with Toyota being the parent company the answer would be everything. But if you are talking about sharing the platform/chassis between Toyota and Lexus models, you are partially correct.

LX = Sequioa
GX = Tacoma/4runner
RX350 = camry/highlander
ES = (used to be camry, now is avalon iirc)

The RWD sedans are all 100% Lexus for north America. One thing to note is that Toyota:Lexus have multiple platforms for both fwd and rwd applications, which I like, rather than trying to make one platform work for everything. For what it's worth the Avalon is a really nice car so the ES benefits from that platform.
the LX is a Land Cruiser, everything else is right
Old 05-17-2017, 06:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Red face Additions

I think that the NX is based off the Rav4 & the CT off the Corrolla as well ... ?

Back on topic, after the MMC TLX debuts next month I am sure that we will start getting news on the RLX MMC this fall. I am not expecting any surprises but you never know. Like the last generation RL, I suspect that the refresh will carry on for @ least 3 more years.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Safety Car

Question MotorTrend

According to this article, the FMC RLX is for 2021: Crazy Number of New Vehicle Launches Planned Over Next Four Years

Not sure he means 2021 model year or debut in 2021 for a 2022 model year. Either way, I am not very confident in what he is saying. For starters, is the Honda Passport really coming back or did he mean the Pilot? 2019 is way too soon for a new Pilot. I also doubt that Acura would debut a TLX coupe in its final year and let the ILX soldier on for another 4 years.

Honda loses consistency
“Honda is a weird one. It has traditionally been a case study in consistency. The next 4 years will be very inconsistent,” Murphy said, veering into the erratic. For 2018 there is the new Accord, Odyssey, Clarity, CR-Z, and Insight, followed next year by slim pickings with only the Acura RDX and Honda Passport midsize crossover. For the 2020 model year, it is slimmer still with only the Acura TLX coupe and sedan. Then 2021 has an onslaught with a new Pilot, HR-V, Civic, and Fit as well as Acura ILX and RLX sedans and the MDX crossover.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I thought they dropped the Passport name plate the first year the Pilot was introduced. Haven't heard the name Passport at all in ages.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:31 AM
mk5
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts
I think the Passport name coming back may be legit.

Honda Passport Name May Return from the Dead | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

They appear to be reserving the name for a 2-row version of the Pilot, which is a 3-row SUV. If this is true, the erraticness of Honda
would likely be due to amassing a wider portfolio of SUVs/crossovers, since they are so hot right now.

Last edited by mk5; 06-06-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
This can't be for real.

Bringing back the Passport? A name with purportedly negative connotations? Without brining back the Legend nameplate, which had positive buzz back in its time? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 06-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
And waiting in the wings is the return of the SLX nameplate as a luxury Acura version of the Passport.
The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (06-06-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Safety Car

Arrow AutoNews

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...on-rdx-hybrids
Acura's Plans Ride on RDX, Hybrids

July 31, 2017 @ 12:01 am
Will the U.S. get the Acura CDX? If it does, don't expect it before the 2019 model year.Send us a Letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.

After several years of scrubbing its lineup of the long-panned beak grille and revamping its marketing, Acura is about to face its biggest test in recent years: the launch of its 1st redesigned vehicle under this brand reboot, the RDX crossover in 2018. Like its mainstream brother, Acura also has electrification plans for its lineup in the near future.ILX:Riding on the same modular platform as the Honda Civic, Accord and CR-V, a redesigned ILX will likely debut in 2018 as a 2019 model — unless Acura gives it the ax altogether. Never a strong seller, the ILX is down 39 percent this year alone, and it's on pace to barely break 10,000 units for the year. (Good thing it's popular in Canada.) A new model would use the same 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder that currently makes 205 hp in the Civic Si. A performance-oriented model could even drop in the Civic Type R's 2.0-liter turbo 4.

TLX: Acura gave its midsize Euro-fighter a freshening for the 2018 model year that added the new corporate grille and new sheet metal in the front and rear, a host of chassis and refinement upgrades and a new A-Spec trim package. The naturally aspirated 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder powertrains carried over largely unchanged. A redesign is due in 2020 as a 2021 model. It will join the Accord and others on Honda's modular platform. It will likely ditch the current engine lineup in favor of Honda's now-ubiquitous 1.5-liter turbo 4-cylinder and the 2.0-liter turbo 4 from the Type R. Look for either a hybrid or plug-in hybrid by then, too.

RLX: Acura's slow-selling large car is expected to get a freshening in time for the 2018 model year. Look for largely cosmetic upgrades similar to those on the recent TLX update: The metal beak grille will be replaced — by the same diamond signature grille as the TLX and MDX — as will other sheet metal. The current 6-speed automatic gearbox will likely be replaced by Honda's 9- or 10-speed automatic, and hook up to the same 3.5-liter V-6 that's in the current model. A redesign is due in 2019 that should pack more of a visual punch while keeping the same V-6 and hybrid iterations.

CDX:Despite ultra-hot demand for subcompact luxury crossovers, Acura remains mum on whether it will bring the China-only CDX to the U.S. If it does, look for it for the 2019 model year and expect Honda's 1.5-liter 4-cylinder turbo, optional all-wheel drive and clever interior packaging similar to the Fit/HR-V twins. The biggest question is where will it be built? The current version is built only in China, and Honda's global capacity is tight. Unless Honda chose its Celaya, Mexico, ​ plant, which builds the HR-V and some Fits, the CDX could be the 1st Chinese-built Honda product to land in the U.S. (The Canadian Fit was the 1st Chinese-built model to be sold there.)

RDX: A redesigned RDX will be the 1st major model change since Jon Ikeda took over as general manager of the brand in 2015 and the "precision-crafted performance" tag line was resurrected. Expected in early 2018 as a 2019 model, this luxe compact crossover will ride on the same modular platform as the Honda CR-V. Expect Honda's 2.0-liter turbo 4 to replace the current V-6. A hybrid or plug-in will also join the mix this decade.

MDX: The MDX was re-engineered in 2017 with a new front clip and an optional hybrid powertrain. These changes will carry the crossover through until a redesign lands in 2019 as a 2020 model. A plug-in hybrid version of that new generation is likely, though the V-6 is expected to remain the base engine.

NSX: It's not a matter of if the NSX variants arrive but when. Likely iterations include an open-top targa model, an all-electric version and a track-focused Type R model that might even follow the GT3 race car's route and ditch the heavy awd system and perhaps even the electrification, though that would run counter to the current NSX ethos of performance through technology.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Why in the world would they ditch the 6 speed auto for that ZF 9 speed in the RLX?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by wilspainar
Why in the world would they ditch the 6 speed auto for that ZF 9 speed in the RLX?
The ZF 9's performance is superior to that of the Honda 6 speed; however, I understand why you would want to assert that the 6 speed's durability might make up for any performance gain in the ZF 9.

But the MMC might really get the Honda 10 speed instead of either the 6 or the 9.

The KC1 has been the test bed for the 10 speed since 2015. I think it's a natural fit. :-)
Old 08-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Are 10 speeds really needed? Not that I am against it, just looking for the explanation of the true benefits over a 6-speed.
neuronbob (08-03-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by George Knighton
The ZF 9's performance is superior to that of the Honda 6 speed; however, I understand why you would want to assert that the 6 speed's durability might make up for any performance gain in the ZF 9.

But the MMC might really get the Honda 10 speed instead of either the 6 or the 9.

The KC1 has been the test bed for the 10 speed since 2015. I think it's a natural fit. :-)
I have heard that the 6 speed barely holds the power currently. But after reading into how many modified TL-S owners in the 6 speed auto's haven't had any real issues. I can't say the same thing about the ZF 9's. The 6 speed in my PWS, the only issue I have with it is it shifts automatically in manual sport mode which is a bummer. I don't really know much about the Honda 10 speed other then Honda made it in house. Perhaps you know more about it?
Old 08-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by moose66
Are 10 speeds really needed? Not that I am against it, just looking for the explanation of the true benefits over a 6-speed.
As the technology improves and the costs come down, more gears are better.

You're able to match the engine and transmission so that you have both startling acceleration and good fuel economy, and a gear that "feels good" whatever your speed.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by wilspainar
Perhaps you know more about it?
Not a whole hell of a lot, but I'm really looking forward to it. :-)

Attached Thumbnails 2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)-i3u.jpg   2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)-i2u.jpg   2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)-iu.jpg  
Old 08-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Burning Brakes

You're able to match the engine and transmission so that you have both startling acceleration and good fuel economy, and a gear that "feels good" whatever your speed.
That makes sense. I know from buying too many cars over the last few years, that many manufacturers seem to be introducing more speeds to the tranny. Possibly in a hope to increase fuel economy, especially at cruising speed.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by moose66
That makes sense. I know from buying too many cars over the last few years, that many manufacturers seem to be introducing more speeds to the tranny. Possibly in a hope to increase fuel economy, especially at cruising speed.
Computers are getting smarter and faster. I've noticed while in Sport Mode, my own 7 DCT will downshift and rev match two or more gears sometimes.

I can only suppose that it will get better and better.

So it's not just fuel economy. It has to do with the perception of performance, too, making the majority of the torque available very quickly at all times. :-)
Old 08-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
It

George, it would seem if they were to go to the 10 speed, the need for variable cylinder management would be no longer needed resulting in perhaps a cost savings ?? I am always leery of being the first model to "snowplow" a new transmission into the model of any model platform. It appears to me the 6 speed although dated a bit has been a solid performer for the Acura line-up and one I have had excellent results as have many others in reading the posts here and in other forums. I think I'll take a pass on the 10 speed if introduced in 2018 for the RLX and wait for real performance results to be posted ( albeit in probably rather low volumes of RLX's) ) before I jump on the 10 speed bandwagon for the RLX. .
Old 08-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator

"RLX: Acura's slow-selling large car is expected to get a freshening in time for the 2018 model year. Look for largely cosmetic upgrades similar to those on the recent TLX update: The metal beak grille will be replaced — by the same diamond signature grille as the TLX and MDX — as will other sheet metal. The current 6-speed automatic gearbox will likely be replaced by Honda's 9- or 10-speed automatic, and hook up to the same 3.5-liter V-6 that's in the current model. A redesign is due in 2019 that should pack more of a visual punch while keeping the same V-6 and hybrid iterations."

Model year 2018 is already here. No announcement, no data, no reviews of the RLX MMC. On top of that, why do all that retooling only to go to a FMC in the 2019 MY? Doesn't add up.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
"RLX: Acura's slow-selling large car is expected to get a freshening in time for the 2018 model year. Look for largely cosmetic upgrades similar to those on the recent TLX update: The metal beak grille will be replaced — by the same diamond signature grille as the TLX and MDX — as will other sheet metal. The current 6-speed automatic gearbox will likely be replaced by Honda's 9- or 10-speed automatic, and hook up to the same 3.5-liter V-6 that's in the current model. A redesign is due in 2019 that should pack more of a visual punch while keeping the same V-6 and hybrid iterations."

Model year 2018 is already here. No announcement, no data, no reviews of the RLX MMC. On top of that, why do all that retooling only to go to a FMC in the 2019 MY? Doesn't add up.
RLX sales are bad enough, Acura shouldn't bother with an MMC and try to start something special with a full reboot on the car.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
The 7 s[peed DCT in the MDX is amazing. Have never driven a smoother tranny.
Why put 9 or 10 gears with DCT?
Old 08-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
The 10-speed slushbox is for the PAWS I'd imagine. The SH will likely continue with the 7-speed DCT, as the software is developed for that, and used in the NSX, MDX and RLX-SH.

As for MMC vs FMC, I'm guessing a cosmetic refresh a-la TLX will happen soon, then a long wait for a new platform. My bet is in 2021 as a '22 model year. My second bet is it will be an EV-first platform, with (small) ICE or fuel-cell extenders as options. Think about it: how well will an ICE-first design (even if hybrid) sell in 2025+ ? In some countries/cities, it will be illegal to use/sell ICE-based power. That and the inevitable march towards full autonomy. An EV-First design allows for much easier transition to level 5 autonomy.

For any Honda/Acura product or marketing people: I plan to lease a 2018 RLX-SH (assuming an MMC cosmetic refresh has happened) for 4 to 5 years. Then I either switch to full autonomous service use for 'getting around', or, if the 2022 MY Legend is now an EV-First design with guarantees of getting Level5 upgrades, I make the capital investment and purchase with an 8 to 10 year ownership goal. If I forgo the Legend/RLX in 2022, then I'll buy a used NSX for play/track use and depend on existing self-driven vehicles (which might include buying out my lease if I like the SH) and ride-share services.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:45 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by neuronbob

I don't think we're going to see a new Legend until 2020, and it mightn't even be available here. :-(

We'll see.

It sounds to me like the car is taking shape, but marketing and manufacturing aren't settled. You might even see a few months hiatus when there are no cars produced.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by JonFo
My bet is in 2021 as a '22 model year.
You might very well be right. Such a low sales volume model will hardly be a priority.

My second bet is it will be an EV-first platform....
If only. :-) But I don't think so. Not unless there's some kind of secret pact between Honda, Apple and Tesla that we don't know about.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
The RL/RLX/Legend seems to have been used in the past as a low-volume test bed for new technologies, so the 2020 version being an EV with fuel cells or some other radical departure from the current norm does seem at least possible. Like it or not, fossil fuels are everyone's whipping boy right now, so Honda/Acura might as well get on the EV bandwagon and start experimenting with taking the technology mainstream because the trend tells us that governments are going to make it mandatory at some point.

Also, as Tesla has shown us, people are willing to pay a lot of money to be part of the "next big green trend", so the pricey RLX/Legend is the best place to debut Honda's latest EV technology.

Just my two cents.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
As for how likely an EV-First, or at least highly EV-oriented model is, read this article on the Clarity platform: Honda Worldwide | April 13, 2017 "Honda Electrified! Clarity Plug-in Hybrid and Clarity Electric Unveiled at 2017 New York International Auto Show"

With a stated company goal of "... works toward its target that two-thirds of its global automobile sales will come from electrified vehicles by 2030", they really need the next gen RLX/Legend to carry its weight. As Hondamore said, the Legend seems to be used as a platform to introduce some of the new tech (such as SH-AWD). And these models have the limited volume, high price that allows them to manage these transitions with limited risk and minimal loss.
And as many of the threads here attest to, smart, thoughtful owners who can appreciate what they have and if there are issues, provide intelligent constructive feedback.

Now, the hybrid/fuel-cell/EV drivetrain is already being put through its paces on the Clarity platform. Just grab that, stuff it into that gorgeous Acura Precision Concept, add the twin-motor unit from the RLX-SH for the rear-axle and voila, 4-th gen Legend.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Grandpa

Does Honda have the ability to buy the batteries that would be necessary for all of this?

Are manufacturers really ramping up production to that extent, or are we all relying on Elon's experiment in the American desert?
Old 08-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Does Honda have the ability to buy the batteries that would be necessary for all of this?

Are manufacturers really ramping up production to that extent, or are we all relying on Elon's experiment in the American desert?
Yes, they do. Samsung recently announced a battery for cars which is currently as good or better than Tesla's

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/10/sams...te-charge.html
TacoBello (08-09-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
2018 rlx

Any news on modifications./changes on the 2018 RLX..? Release Dates

When I spoke to the GM at Acura Dealer,,Was informed complete redesign by 2019
Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Philisophe
Any news on modifications./changes on the 2018 RLX..? Release Dates

Welcome to Acurazine! I merged your post with the larger 2018 Acura MMC (mid-model change) thread as it has answers to many of your questions. Enjoy!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Advanced

Thanks.

I have e reviewed this thread many times ..prior ..however

I have a number of Japanese Clients affiliated with Honda.. and since I am located in the Columbus Metro Area.. will be speaking with them in the next few weeks and will attempt to obtain current information ..
TSX69 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey, another Ohioan! Good luck getting info and let us know. A lot of us here are RLX fans and so want it to succeed.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Grandpa

I assume he intended to convey that an FMC would be completed in 2019 for 2020 model year, right?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Advanced

No the impression I was give was that the model year 2019 was to be a complete update..I mentioned I would consider trading my 17 on either a hybrid or redesigned RLX and was informed the 2019 was a major revamp..

I will attempt to clarify in the near future.........

Based on my experience with the Corporate Japanese.. I have learned much and respect the knowledge/dedication.

Had lunch a few weeks ago with a close Japanese friend and discussed my RLX and Acura in general.

I commented on the engine in my RLX and was informed that Acura engineers spent a great deal of time developing the engine sound to be just right.

Very conservative in response..

However I believe Acura does not want to be Lexus/ BMW/ . If you notice a "current" flavor of marketing/communication they want to be Acura.

"Precision Crafted Performance. Leading edge technology "

I have mentioned more than once.. The RLX is one of the finest Luxury Sedans on the road..period..This coming from a man who has owned multiple Mercedes/BMWs/ and has a new Porsche Macans in the garage.

By the way if you ever have a chance visit the Tensuke Japanese Market ..in Columbus.. very rich experience..
The following 2 users liked this post by Philisophe:
RLX-Sport Hybrid (08-09-2017), wstr75 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Grandpa

No the impression I was give was that the model year 2019 was to be a complete update....
They must be planning on moving production, then. I didn't know that.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:14 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
while it might be superior, no one wants it in it's current form.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by justnspace
while it might be superior, no one wants it in it's current form.
Facts not in evidence, my lord. No foundation laid.

We're talking about the KC2, and there's no quantifiable way to analyze it because they just didn't give us enough of them to be able to judge that people would not buy them.

People who have them certainly love them, so, anecdotally, perhaps we could believe with justification that if we had been able to produce more of them, we'd have been able to sell them.

Again.... A major miscalculation on Honda's part was believing the dollar/yen value would change the other way. There is no good reason for either the KC1 or KC2 to have the MSRP that they have. :-)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
GLOBAL REVEAL: 2018 Acura RLX
http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/ext...mh0/embed/auto

GLOBAL DEBUT: 2018 Acura RLX Revealed!
August 9, 2017

Tomorrow, Acura will reveal to the world the 2018 RLX. But today we’re giving Acura dealers an exciting first look in a new video featuring Jon Ikeda, Vice President and General Manager, Acura Division, and Jonathon Rivers, the RLX Product Planner.

Watch now as they pull the sheet off the new RLX and reveal its impressive, substantial changes, such as the Acura’s signature diamond pentagon grille, more sculpted hood, bold, newly designed LED taillights, enhanced AcuraWatchTM suite, new premium paint and redesigned seats.

The 2018 Acura RLX is the most sophisticated and best performing Acura sedan ever, with Sport Hybrid Super-Handling All Wheel Drive (Sport Hybrid SH-AWD) technology, shared
with the NSX supercar.

Make sure to share the video and the below list of the support surrounding this model and 2017 sell-down with your staff as we get ready for the launch of this significantly refreshed, innovative performance sedan!

2018 RLX Key Features
•Precision Concept-inspired Styling featuring Diamond Pentagon Grille
•Aggressive new rear-end design with full LED tail-lights and rear diffuser
•377hp Sport Hybrid SH-AWD powertrain – Supercar Technology
•10 Speed Automatic Transmission – P-AWS model
•Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) added to standard AcuraWatch Safety Suite
•2 all-new Premium Paint options – Brilliant Red Metallic & Majestic Black Pearl
•New Seat design with high-contrast piping and stitching – New Espresso interior available

2017 Monterey Automotive Week
Acura will display the 2018 RLX for the first time publically at the 2017 Monterey Automotive Week, the largest gathering of automotive media outside of NAIAS. This is the most influential auto event domestically and among the most prestigious globally. The 2018 RLX will appear in the below venues, which provide media, consumer and industry exposure:
•Concours on the Avenue
•Private Reception at Carmel Valley Ranch
•The Quail

Acura.com Leads
On August 10, Acura.com will launch an updated Future Vehicles section including the new 2018 RLX and encouraging those interested to "Get On The List” – information that will then be turned over to you as leads.

2017 RLX Incentives
Cash and APR incentives are available to support your sell-down efforts. Please be aware that the following current incentives end on September 5:

1. Cash:
a. $4,750 D/L/F Cash (Tech)
b. $5,250 D/L/F Cash (Advance)
c. $3,000 Bonus Lease Cash

2. APR:
a. National: 1.9%-36mos / 2.9%-60mos (Tiers 1-8)

Accessories
On November 4, we’ll have twenty-two (22) 2018 RLX-exclusive accessories for personalization, in addition to providing these 2017 sell-down initiatives:
•20% off on selected 2017 RLX accessories: Aug 21 – Oct 31
•2017 RLX POP kit: Consisting of a hang tag and menu card, this kit will be available late August via the Accessory section on iN
•Acura Summer Accessory SpinPlay for Sales Consultants: Sept 4 – Oct 20 (bulletin issued in late August)

2018 RLX Sales Training
Starting October 24, the following training resources will be available for Sales Consultants:

•Web-based training (WBT): A new WBT will be delivered in a short video-burst format with the RLX story told by the vehicle's designers and selling strategies provided by
the Top RLX Sales Consultants in the country.

•Pocket Guide App: An all-new Acura Pocket Guide App is being released later this month, which is designed for Sales Consultants to use with clients to quickly pull up
selling points, important specs, and competitive comparison information for the entire Acura lineup, including the 2018 RLX.

•Meeting in a Box: These 15 – 20-minute in-person presentations will be given by your DSM to provide information on the RLX trim levels, selling points, and other Acura
Training resources.

•Digital Facts Guide: Similar to other Acura models, the 2018 RLX will have a Digital Facts Guide, which includes owner's manuals, trims, colors, as well as how to present/ deliver RLX features to clients.
The following 8 users liked this post by EE4Life:
George Knighton (08-10-2017), hondamore (08-09-2017), Malibu Flyer (08-10-2017), neuronbob (08-10-2017), ostrich (08-11-2017), pgeorg (08-10-2017), Philisophe (08-10-2017), TSX69 (08-10-2017) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Racer

That car looks sweet! I am getting a red one, I'm sold.

Quick Reply: 2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)