2016 RLX Hybrid inquiries

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:19 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
Comparison

Originally Posted by wilspainar
Ouch!! my taxes are $3600 and I was complaining.
As compared to my Fl. condo, the principle/taxes combined are LESS than my NY taxes!

Sorry, this has gotten WAY off topic.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by Krlesch
Sorry for the late response - I pick up the RLX tomorrow night - worked on the financing today - all good. Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for advice. I'll write more once I have "her" in my garage
Congrats and I wish you many healthy and exciting miles with it!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by stagefoursurvivor
You just had to remind me! My property taxes are $11,200 and I live in an average white/blue collar neighborhood in the most politically corrupt county in NY
AND you have to pay high state income taxes.... at least in TX, to offset their high property taxes (at least in Dallas) there are no state income taxes.
I used to love visiting NYC, but boy has it changed alot and I no longer visit.
The following users liked this post:
wilspainar (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
Gentlemen - Please. Get a room. Or at least a different forum. Politics is not a good idea under "2016 RLX Hybrid Inquiries"!

Krlesch - Congratulations and bring us your reactions!
The following 4 users liked this post by fsmith:
miner (04-26-2017), moose66 (04-26-2017), pgeorg (04-25-2017), RLX-Sport Hybrid (04-25-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking First Impressions - first day of ownrship

Thanks for all of the congratulations! I have only driven the car for one day, but my 1st impression is that I definitely made the right choice in buying the RLX. Today the weather in Minneapolis delivered rain, and since I am not a native Minnesotan, I will say what I have said for the last 21 years that I have lived here - when H20 falls from the sky, in whatever form, Minnesota drivers lose their freakin' minds and their ability to drive in a rational manner. Of course, being behind the wheel of the most expensive car I have ever owned added to the stress of the existing commute which is about 25 miles each way.

I cannot emphasize how quickly and deeply I felt grateful for LKAS and ACC this morning. Even in stop-n-go traffic, both systems performed their jobs perfectly, allowing me to relax and enjoy the awesome Krell audio system. I had experienced the ELS system in my 2009 TL Tech, and felt that DVD-A playback in that vehicle was outstanding. The Krell system is many steps above the ELS system IMHO. There are still many features of the vehicle that I have yet to explore, and I find myself wanting to go and take a drive right now as I sit here typing Since the car had 325 miles on the ODO when I picked it up last evening, and the dealership filled the tank and didn't reset the trip meter, I wont have an accurate MPG figure until the end of the 2nd tank of fuel. I have a fuelly.com account so I will update that and share the link in my signature.

I hope that I am not breaking any forum rules, but I highly recommend Buerkle Acura (Brooklyn Park, MN), and especially Sandra Nobbe, the salesperson I have purchased two TLs and now the RLX from since 2006. I feel that I got a great deal on a phenomenal car. Will write more later, as I need some more time behind the wheel of my new ride. BTW, tomorrow is my 55th birthday and this was my present to myself - aside from being born, best present ever
The following 4 users liked this post by Krlesch:
fsmith (04-27-2017), hondamore (04-26-2017), mqs1 (04-27-2017), pgeorg (04-27-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
^^ Thanks for the write up and enjoy that sweet ride! You did get a great deal!!! Happy Birthday!!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Congrats! Your 1st day drive / experience echos most SH owners on the forum.

Don't worry about your first tank, as it will be burned sitting in the car, adjusting your personal settings and getting familiar with so many features. I have to say the set up time for these newer cars can be hours. But once set, programmed to your Driver # fob, it becomes a very organic experience. The car just 'knows' you. Almost 2 years in my SH now and I am still drilling into some features that were not on my priority list.

My dealer called me today to ask if I would speak with a longtime customer who was interested in the SH. I could tell he will appreciate this vehicle with his interest in the engineering and technology and even spoke of his favor for the understated styling. Yep, he is one if us!

We welcome you sharing your experience. In many ways it becomes pleasant reminders of our early days with this car.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:51 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Yesterday a 2016 Sport Hybrid went for sale in my area. I called the dealership and asked for the price as it was not listed. They said the price is set for $50k but the internet price is $48k. I asked to see it and they agreed. An hour before I go they called and said the dealership owner is keeping it as his demo for 3 months and then selling it so until then it is not forsale. I wondered how some Sport Hybrids were being sold as new with 1-4k miles on them. I looked again today and see they are selling it for almost $56k now. I won't be buying this from them now that I know they are basically joy riding it until they feel like selling it.

Cars for Sale: Used 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid w/ Advance Pkg for sale in Columbus, OH 43232: Sedan Details - 456071817 - Autotrader
Old 04-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
^^^ I suspect most, if not all, pre-owned RLX SH's are driven by the dealer principals while listed for sale. It's Acura's flagship vehicle so if they have one on the lot, the owner is driving it. That was the case for mine - it was an Acura Canada executive-driven vehicle and then was being driven by the owner. I bought it within weeks of arriving at the dealership and the salesperson commented that the owner was pissed that they sold it so quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Limelight:
pgeorg (04-27-2017), wilspainar (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
I had the same issue with a new one. Dealer showed one for sale on their website. I called to verify availability and was told the car was available. I drove about an hour one way to check it out. When I got there, the car was nowhere to be found. I was told it was the regional managers car and it was "not for sale at the moment". WTF. I was so pissed. It was the exact color combo I was after. Of course I still ended up with a ride, but it wasn't from that dealer and it ended up being my second color combo. Still happy. Just pissed with what appears to be deceptive advertising. Of course they offered to order me whatever I wanted and called me for at least a week. Uh, no thanks.
The following users liked this post:
wilspainar (04-27-2017)