2016 RLX HardCopy Owner's Manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts
2016 RLX HardCopy Owner's Manual

So after half a year of trying I finally got a complementary hardcopy (paper) owner's manual for my 2016 RLX and started reading. Although I still don't know the difference between LDW and LDM and LKAS .... here are two good "hacks" I learned so far. You guys probably already know them ... but wonder what other RLX hacks are out there.

1 - The little "A" on the air conditioner recirculating function indicates optimized automatic mixing of fresh air (from outside the cabin) and recirc air (inside) based on inside temperature and outside temperature. You can select normal recirc (all inside air) or "A" recirc depending on what suits you best.

2 - of course we all know that if you push (or pull) then release the steering wheel horizontal audio wheel right (or left) it advances the XM radio station one programmed channel ...but if you push/pull and hold it in place without releasing it will advance the XM channel 1 single channel forward (or back). Same for normal FM radio.

What else ya' got?
The following 3 users liked this post by Scott in AZ:
Malibu Flyer (10-13-2017), miner (10-06-2017), pgeorg (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Stealth Stylin'

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott in AZ
So after half a year of trying I finally got a complementary hardcopy (paper) owner's manual for my 2016 RLX and started reading. Although I still don't know the difference between LDW and LDM and LKAS .... here are two good "hacks" I learned so far. You guys probably already know them ... but wonder what other RLX hacks are out there.

1 - The little "A" on the air conditioner recirculating function indicates optimized automatic mixing of fresh air (from outside the cabin) and recirc air (inside) based on inside temperature and outside temperature. You can select normal recirc (all inside air) or "A" recirc depending on what suits you best.

2 - of course we all know that if you push (or pull) then release the steering wheel horizontal audio wheel right (or left) it advances the XM radio station one programmed channel ...but if you push/pull and hold it in place without releasing it will advance the XM channel 1 single channel forward (or back). Same for normal FM radio.

What else ya' got?
In line with your #2, I've found that with music on a USB flash drive, I can skip to the next folder if I push (right or left) & hold the spin wheel instead of just pushing it over once. Really useful when you have a ton of folders (albums), and you want to go the next album instead of the next song in the current folder.