Will Acura stay close to MSRP pricing on 2019 RDX ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 06:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Will Acura stay close to MSRP pricing on 2019 RDX ?

Since I will become a new Acura owner, what is the norm on new models with Acura as far as discounts off the MSRP ? I know pricing on the RDX hasn't been released yet, but any with past experiences on a new model chime in !
In my past buying experiences with other makes, I have never paid MSRP pricing, and usually have gotten to the invoice price or a bit below. While I say that, I have never bought right after the all new model has come out. I'm talking perhaps 6 months after the new one arrives. I realize dealerships are all different, but perhaps some of you that have bought an all new redesigned Acura can shed some light on the subject. Thanks, and have an awesome day !
Old 04-26-2018, 06:56 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
for a new model with exciting features....there will be no incentives. the 2019 model will be for the "gotta have it's" who dont care about pricing.
if you care about pricing; you'll need to wait till acura gives incentives. and there might be even dealers who sell above MSRP...Certainly the case for the Honda civic type-R.

are you a "Gotta have it"?
or are you a wait till the prices come down kinda person?

Acura will try to ride the wave of the new car as long as possible to gain the most amount of money.
economics 101
The following 4 users liked this post by justnspace:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (04-27-2018), mapleloaf (04-28-2018), nist7 (05-22-2018), RDL1 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 06:59 AM

look no further than the Accord. no incentives.
The following users liked this post:
RDL1 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 07:00 AM

of course, I'm just speculating...but what do you expect for a new car with exciting new features?????
economics 101
RDL1 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by justnspace
for a new model with exciting features....there will be no incentives. the 2019 model will be for the "gotta have it's" who dont care about pricing.
if you care about pricing; you'll need to wait till acura gives incentives. and there might be even dealers who sell above MSRP...Certainly the case for the Honda civic type-R.

are you a "Gotta have it"?
or are you a wait till the prices come down kinda person?

Acura will try to ride the wave of the new car as long as possible to gain the most amount of money.
economics 101
Well, I would love to be a "gotta have it" , but it depends on what I can get for my current ride. Since it's only a year old, I will probably wait until next year at this time, and hopefully the RDX will be down in price a little, and I can be a prices come down kinda person
justnspace (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 07:08 AM

maybe they can learn from the Honda Accord mistake...the '18s did not get any incentive...poor selling.
but that's in a dying sedan segment...
what we have here is an exciting CUV that most EVERYONE is foaming at the mouth for.
RDL1 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 07:22 AM
Intermediate

Yes, I have many friends that love Honda, and they were actually disappointed with the new look of the Accord, especially the back end. I personally think the previous model Accord was sharper.
Back on the RDX, it is a different story...beautiful, with so many awesome new features. It will be interesting to see what happens and what people start posting about their deals, if any. Since I currently own a Subaru, I check out their Forum as well, and it is amazing the number of people that have pre-ordered the new SUV they have coming this summer, and interesting what different dealers are pricing them. Some are paying above MSRP, some as much as 3000 below MSRP on a brand new model that is totally new to the line up. Some dealerships have already sold all of their allocation through the summer on the new model Subaru.
No worries, I'm going to be an Acura owner and leaving Subaru. They are great cars, but I miss the luxury I once had in others that will never happen with them.
Wondering if the RDX will have many pre-orders ? My guess is yes, but I am one who wants to drive and test out before I make a decision.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:26 AM

yes, the 9.5th generation Accord was the BEST looking!!!
and like you, I would never pre-order a vehicle, especially first years..there's ALWAYS bugs in first year cars that usually takes time to sort out

Mazda seems like they are upping their class and getting into the premium segment. I wouldnt call Acura luxury quite yet, however they do have a premium product!
Some of our long time members have picked up Mazda's recently!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Intermediate

Acura compared to Subaru is luxury LOL I tried several Mazda's, and they were nice. They have beautiful interiors, but retail isn't great on them, and for some reason in my area, they don't sell that well. I think a large part of it is the service isn't too good. There are a few 2016 models still on the lot here if you can believe ! I had a Lexus NX and RX350. They were great, but the dealership was too far...none local, and honestly I think the new RDX is sharper looking than any new Lexus. As in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, that nose ...well, that nose in front of the new Lexus you can have LOL ......dislike ! I should have bought the RDX previously instead of the RX350.....I could have saved money, and it came very close to having the same features.
justnspace (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 08:22 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Sounds like the 19 RDX will have a really long model run of almost 18 months. If the RDX gets really positive reviews and comes out near the top or wins some comparison test against the (over crowded) competition, it might be even longer before you see invoice pricing before the 2020 RDX hits the road. I have a Costco and Sam's card and was going to see what savings I can get with those car buying services. I also have a car buying service with my Bank (USAA) to compare with Sam's and Costco. I'm leaning toward the RDX; but, being a long time Honda/Acura owner makes me hesitate because there are usually a higher than average amount of TSB fixes and sometimes software/mechanical upgrades needed for the 1st model year compared to the 2nd-6th model years. I will still wait until after the new year if everything checks out A-OK for the 3rd Gen RDX June release date.
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
It is going to take months and months for RDXs to be sitting around on the lot. I don't think you will see price cuts before then.

Accords are now selling for ~ 3-4K below MSRP.

You might find a good price between Christmas and New Year's, but I doubt you will before then.
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Sounds like the 19 RDX will have a really long model run of almost 18 months. If the RDX gets really positive reviews and comes out near the top or wins some comparison test against the (over crowded) competition, it might be even longer before you see invoice pricing before the 2020 RDX hits the road. I have a Costco and Sam's card and was going to see what savings I can get with those car buying services. I also have a car buying service with my Bank (USAA) to compare with Sam's and Costco. I'm leaning toward the RDX; but, being a long time Honda/Acura owner makes me hesitate because there are usually a higher than average amount of TSB fixes and sometimes software/mechanical upgrades needed for the 1st model year compared to the 2nd-6th model years. I will still wait until after the new year if everything checks out A-OK for the 3rd Gen RDX June release date.
I doubt the 2019 RDX will be sold for 18 months. Just because it launches in mid 2018, doesn't mean it will be 18 months before the 2020 model comes out. I bet the 2020 model will be launched at more or less the same time (some time in the summer of 2019).

Anyway, most car issues aren't even resolved in the first year. Buying anything pre-MMC is always a risk. They generally don't fix problems, unless they're really bad, until the MMC. But who wants to wait 3 years for that to happen?
Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure where you are getting your information about the Accord, but this article has a different viewpoint:

​​​​​​Accord Sales Are Declining, so Honda Figures You Might Like a Cheaper Lease - The Truth About Cars
Old 04-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
I doubt the 2019 RDX will be sold for 18 months. Just because it launches in mid 2018, doesn't mean it will be 18 months before the 2020 model comes out. I bet the 2020 model will be launched at more or less the same time (some time in the summer of 2019).

Anyway, most car issues aren't even resolved in the first year. Buying anything pre-MMC is always a risk. They generally don't fix problems, unless they're really bad, until the MMC. But who wants to wait 3 years for that to happen?
I bought a 2008 Gen 1 RDX new and still have it. There were several complaints/TSBs in its first year, 2007 but various corrections were made and a couple of new standard features added for 2008. Have to say that 10 years later, it's been more or less bullet-proof (not counting things like the Takata recall) so my plan is to buy the 2020. I'm sure there will be some significant incentives by at least late fall 2019.
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:29 AM

Not sure where you are getting your information about the Accord, but this article has a different viewpoint:

​​​​​​Accord Sales Are Declining, so Honda Figures You Might Like a Cheaper Lease - The Truth About Cars
That's exactly what I stated.
on release, '18 didnt get incentives...resulting in poor sales.....
to reinvigorate sales, Honda introduced incentives!!!
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by cheffip
I bought a 2008 Gen 1 RDX new and still have it. There were several complaints/TSBs in its first year, 2007 but various corrections were made and a couple of new standard features added for 2008. Have to say that 10 years later, it's been more or less bullet-proof (not counting things like the Takata recall) so my plan is to buy the 2020. I'm sure there will be some significant incentives by at least late fall 2019.
I appreciate your anecdotal evidence, but you need to realize that it doesn't imply much. No one said every single car that comes off the first or second year of production will suffer the exact same problem. Sounds like you got lucky with your car. That's not to say problems aren't much more prevalent in the initial model years.

Take a look at the 3G TL for example. They all had the same terrible automatic transmission from 04-06. Only in 07 did they make some changes to it, to improve long term reliability. It took them 3 years to do anything about it. But, that's not to say every single 04-06 auto transmission has or will fail. It might only be 25%. Or less. Or more. Or who knows. But do you feel comfortable spending big money on a new product that has a 1 in 4 chance of needing to have the transmission replaced? Some wouldn't be bothered by it. Some would. Just depends where you land on the spectrum.
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:27 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a 2018 Accord 2.0 Touring in February, the dealer offered $2,000 under msrp with out me even asking, they mentioned that Honda was lowering the price to dealer because of the slow sedan market. Just because there is no consumer offers doesn't mean that there isn't manufacturer to dealer incentives that can be passed on to the consumer. With the current hot crossover/SUV market I don't expect that to happen with the new RDX for a least a year.
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
I appreciate your anecdotal evidence, but you need to realize that it doesn't imply much. No one said every single car that comes off the first or second year of production will suffer the exact same problem. Sounds like you got lucky with your car. That's not to say problems aren't much more prevalent in the initial model years.

Take a look at the 3G TL for example. They all had the same terrible automatic transmission from 04-06. Only in 07 did they make some changes to it, to improve long term reliability. It took them 3 years to do anything about it. But, that's not to say every single 04-06 auto transmission has or will fail. It might only be 25%. Or less. Or more. Or who knows. But do you feel comfortable spending big money on a new product that has a 1 in 4 chance of needing to have the transmission replaced? Some wouldn't be bothered by it. Some would. Just depends where you land on the spectrum.
It's always a crapshoot. Not sure your example of the 3G TL automatic transmission applies to waiting for the MMC for every Honda/Acura product. My personal safety blanket is not buying a first year product and also extrapolating from other cars with the same components... eg feedback on the 10 speed transmission from the Accord and the new turbo from the Civic and Accord over the coming year. As you say, it depends on where you land on the spectrum. With incentives and five years of history and tweaks, the 2018 RDX could be a great buy!
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 06:43 AM
Intermediate

Great replies here. I think buying a new car can be a gamble with all the latest tech they put in cars these days no matter how long you wait. I have had friends who have bought the same model year as I have in the past, and some had more problems than I did, so here again it can just be pure luck with anything at anytime. Remember people use to talk about cars that were made on a Monday or Friday weren't always the best...hangovers on Monday, and a rush to speed things through the weekend on Friday LOL ! There could be some truth to that you know ! LOL A friend of mine that bought a new Subaru Outback 2016 when all the steering columns had to be replaced just missed the day by one with the faulty assembly. So that is an example of luck.
I do think one advantage with the new RDX is that it will have the 10 speed transmission and turbo that is found in other Honda's at present, and they seem to be having great reviews. I have been reading consumer reviews on these, and most are not having any issues. The only negatives have been the new push button gear selector. Many have found it awkward, and the professional car reviews have been negative with it.
I have bought several first year models in the past, and I did very well. Small things, but got lucky with no big problems. Financially, I need to wait until next Spring at this time to buy the RDX, so perhaps a few bugs if any will be improved, and perhaps a small discount by then. The wait will be hard !

Last edited by RDL1; 04-27-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:34 AM
mrgold35

I need to replace my 3 Acura in the next 1-4 years down the road. I'm undecided between the 19 RDX A-Spec or a used 17 or 18 sh-sh-awd MDX Adv in 2019 or 2020. Right now, an used 17 sh-sh-awd MDX Adv with 10k-15k miles are around the guess-i-mated MSRP of the A-Spec or Adv 19 RDX. My current RDX is just my around town work commuter vehicle; while, my current MDX is my long haul +80 mph hwy cruiser at +17K per year. I might have to go for the MDX if the 19 MDX isn't as comfy for 4-12hrs in the seats and road noise is an issue (my 08 RDX has a lot more road noise compared to my MDX). There is still a 99.9% chance of getting the 3rd Gen RDX; but, I might wait until the MMC to compared pre/post MMC to pick from.
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

And Accord sales are down with Camry blowing it away.
The RDX will sell because of it's better design and features causing incentives to come later..
No incentives and the new accord design is hurting sales.

Last edited by colt427; 04-27-2018 at 08:41 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by colt427:
justnspace (04-27-2018), RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I need to replace my 3 Acura in the next 1-4 years down the road. I'm undecided between the 19 RDX A-Spec or a used 17 or 18 sh-sh-awd MDX Adv in 2019 or 2020. Right now, an used 17 sh-sh-awd MDX Adv with 10k-15k miles are around the guess-i-mated MSRP of the A-Spec or Adv 19 RDX. My current RDX is just my around town work commuter vehicle; while, my current MDX is my long haul +80 mph hwy cruiser at +17K per year. I might have to go for the MDX if the 19 MDX isn't as comfy for 4-12hrs in the seats and road noise is an issue (my 08 RDX has a lot more road noise compared to my MDX). There is still a 99.9% chance of getting the 3rd Gen RDX; but, I might wait until the MMC to compared pre/post MMC to pick from.
It is amazing how much they have reduced the 2018RDX in my area.......some are down as much as 5000.00 . I think the current RDX has less road noise. People have stated that the 2016-18 are very quiet. I know when i tried the 2014, it had right much road noise, which I don't like. Perhaps they tweaked the noise levels with the latest ones...I hope so. Hope the 2019 RDX is super quiet, but often the turbo makes them less quiet.

Last edited by RDL1; 04-27-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:55 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by RDL1
It is amazing how much they have reduced the 2018RDX in my area.......some are down as much as 5000.00 . I think the current RDX has less road noise. People have stated that the 2016-18 are very quiet. I know when i tried the 2014, it had right much road noise, which I don't like. Perhaps they tweaked the noise levels with the latest ones...I hope so. Hope the 2019 RDX is super quiet, but often the turbo makes them less quiet.
My 08 RDX and 11 MDX have the same tires (Conti DWS 06) and my RDX has so much more tire/road noise. It never bothered me until I got the MDX. It is one of those things and once you hear it, you can't un-hear it.

It is just the lack of sh-awd for the 2nd Gen RDX is keeping me away from the entire model years. I have a lot of fun with sh-awd in my RDX and MDX daily.

Last edited by mrgold35; 04-27-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Intermediate

I'm glad sh-awd is coming back to 3rd generation RDX ! Should be fun !!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:30 AM

The Car of the Year That Few Americans Want

April 27, 2018

Honda Motor Co. is learning that making an award-winning sedan isn’t enough in a U.S. market where the pickup truck is king.

The new Accord received rave reviews when it went on sale in October and won North American Car of the Year at the Detroit auto show in January, but the customers haven’t followed.

The reason: it is too pricey.

“Everybody tries to launch a new product with no incentives. Customers wait,” said Mike Maroone, a former president of AutoNation Inc. and Honda dealership owner in Colorado.

Sales of the Accord are down 12% in the first three months of the year compared with the corresponding period last year, when dealers were selling the old model. Meanwhile sales of its main competitor, Toyota Motor Corp.’s Camry, are up around 9%. That endangers Honda’s strategy of trying to grab a larger share of the shrinking sedan market and offset its inability to make enough sport-utility vehicles.

The company on Friday said its operating profit in North America fell 30% in the year ended March 31, and it said it would make some crossover sport-utility vehicles at an Ohio plant that makes Accords.

Until now, the company has said it sees an opportunity in Detroit’s withdrawal from the car market. Ford Motor Co. said Wednesday it would soon stop selling all sedans except the Mustang and a version of the compact Focus.

The problem is other Japanese car makers have the same idea — especially Toyota, which hopes it can expand its market share in sedans as competitors drop out.

Early signs suggest the winner is the car maker with the best deals — Toyota. The Accord, whose price starts at $23,570, had a 10% share of the midsize sedan market in the first three months of the year, while the Camry accounted for 15%, according to data from Jefferies. Toyota spent an estimated $2,557 on Camry incentives in March, compared with around $848 for the Honda Accord.

This month, Honda sweetened its financing offer to try to match Toyota’s cheaper lease deals in some parts of the U.S. That’s exactly what Honda executives had said in February they would try not to do. At the time, Honda said it hoped the Accord would sell on its own merits.

Seiji Kuraishi, chief operating officer, said Friday that the company still didn’t want to cut prices too much.

“Basically, as I said before, we are hoping not to be involved in a discount race and that policy hasn’t fundamentally changed,” Mr. Kuraishi said. “We hope to bring out the charm of the new model.”

Accords began to pile up on dealer lots early this year as sales lagged behind. In March, Honda dealers had 112 days’ supply of the Accord, far above what many analysts consider healthy. Honda is now slashing production of the vehicle as it tries to trim back supply.

Meanwhile, Honda can’t build enough of its most popular vehicles in the U.S. The company can produce around 240,000 of its CR-V and Acura RDX crossover SUVs annually at its plant in East Liberty, Ohio. Last year, it sold 430,000 in the U.S.

A neighboring plant—the one that will be partially converted to crossover SUV production—can produce 440,000 Accords. Honda sold 320,000 in the U.S. last year.

Dealers say that customers for the Accord are starting to show up after Honda’s increased generosity.

At a recent meeting between dealers and Honda executives that resulted in the boosted financial incentives on the Accord, the discussion was “spirited,” said Brian Benstock, vice president at Paragon Honda in Queens, N.Y. “Dealers always want more,” he said.

Mr. Benstock said Honda was right to try to limit the deals it offers on the Accord because they can hurt in the long run by cheapening the brand and lowering resale values. Used Hondas tend to be more expensive than their competitors.

But that may not matter if customers don’t come in the first place. Competition in the sedan market is set to intensify with Nissan Motor Co. introducing its latest Altima in the fall.

Reporting full fiscal-year earnings on Friday, Honda said its profits rose sharply on the back of tax changes in the U.S. The company expects a tougher road ahead, predicting that its operating margin would dip to 4.5% in the current fiscal year from 5.4% in the year ended in March.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-car...ant-1524833270
Old 04-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by RDL1
In the TOV video it was mentioned that the new RDX is one of the quietest.

Go to 9:50 in the video
RDL1 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

[QUOTE=MrJames;16225866]In the TOV video it was mentioned that the new RDX is one of the quietest.

Nice video...thanks for sharing. I hope it is very quiet ! When he was explaining the middle console, phone ports etc. ,there was no mention of a wireless charger ..I hope it has one. I just happened to notice something else, the way that console wraps around, I sure hope there is plenty of leg room without being cramped. You can see that his knees on the driver side kept being against it. It might have been due to him just explaining things and turning around some.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
[QUOTE=RDL1;16225880]
Originally Posted by MrJames
In the TOV video it was mentioned that the new RDX is one of the quietest.

I just happened to notice something else, the way that console wraps around, I sure hope there is plenty of leg room without being cramped. You can see that his knees on the driver side kept being against it. It might have been due to him just explaining things and turning around some.

That's a concern for me also as I like to let my right leg lean over while driving. The 2018 RDX I sat in at the car show had plenty of room so I hopefully the 2019 will be okay. Lots of the cars at the show felt cramped because of the huge center console.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
The current RDX Advance is $42,700. Add in the SH-AWD which is $2,000 then that is about $44,700.

For comparison, the MDX Tech (not Advance) with SH-AWD is $50,700.

How much above $45k are we expecting the 2019 RDX Advance with SH-AWD?
RDL1 (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 19RDX
The current RDX Advance is $42,700. Add in the SH-AWD which is $2,000 then that is about $44,700.

For comparison, the MDX Tech (not Advance) with SH-AWD is $50,700.

How much above $45k are we expecting the 2019 RDX Advance with SH-AWD?
I have read several places where it might go up 1000-2000 which would put it about 47,000.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
We will all know soon... When it hits the dealerships. All these speculation threads are kind of amusing to me. The price sheets/options/trim levels will be on the forum as soon as they are available.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I predict the prices will be released on Monday since training begins and dealers start taking delivery as soon as Wednesday.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
I think you'll see incentives and discounts quicker than predicted - this segment is the hottest and not negotiating will send people to other brands. Doesn't matter how new or flashy it is - a lot of folks buy what they know, this is a risk for Acura no matter how you slice it.
TxLady (05-19-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Prices Paid?

My 2 cents. I discussed pre -order with dealer yesterday. The actual sales manager. He was very unaware of optioning. He told me he was ordering next allocation Monday and a Base White with beige would be $500 deposit and MSRP. I understood black is all you get interior of base model. Anyone know the truth?

Since high content, the RDX will be MSRP all summer while new car must have folks get their fill during the slow rollout. Acura cannot go to full capacity on day one. They can only go to what they expected and told their suppliers & the plant capacity. Since previous RDX a good seller, I assume they based production on that.

Loyal customers at dealers will get the $500 token discount I would think.. First year. No incentives as this RDX has the makings of a much better value than X3, QX50 and Q5 (option sensitive).

Please post actual prices paid soon. And do not post tax since that varies. I would like to get a pre order from an allocation at $1,000 off but I doubt it is going to happen. Time will tell.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
I’ll be looking at prices paid as well. As for me...observing the emotions flying out of control about Acura’s new baby and not seeing any evidence of road reviews from unbiased driving reviewers (even though reports indicate they were done over the past month-just not released); I’m beginning to have doubts about it. Since other makes I’m considering post such reviews at least 6-8 weeks before release date, really makes me wonder what’s up. I posted a link to an article where a CO of Acura was telling dealership owners (who met in Las Vegas just after the “reveal”). that they didn’t have to be concerned with offering incentives and special offers to buyers on this vehicle because it would sell on emotions...wow.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
The market is what the market is. It is almost 10K more than a loaded Accord with the same drivetrain, but 10K less than a loaded Q5, with all that goes with that.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Acura RDX potential market share

Speaking of market. I recall how hot the 2nd Gen Honda Odyssey was (1999 4 Speed auto!). Production never quite met demand early on. MSRP very common. Then later I bought one of the first MDX (5 Speed Auto and 23 highway which was considered amazing) which was an auto show demo which is the only reason I got any savings.
RDX comes at height of SUV craze, looks good, should perform well and the first buyers will always overpay for the honor of being first. I have not heard plant capacity.
Does Acura plan to exceed current sales levels given the quick demise of the sedan in the United States? I would target 75,000 and take Mercedes and BMW market share along the way. Production capacity vs demand will control the price of course.

RDX 4,201 Units April 2018 3,793 April 2017 (So 50,000 units was capacity?)

TLX -40% from last April (Sad given the nice updates for 2018, except for dual screen)
Accord -20% from last April (Sad for what is a great car)
Old 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
People are dying for new product from Acura. It will all be based on market demand. I would think the demand is going to be high for this new model. I can definitely see them sticking to around MSRP for at least 6 months or longer. Maybe a token $1000 off. Look at the Accord..they lowered the lease rate there fairly quickly based on it's poor sales performance ( I'm starting to see a few on the road...and in my opinion not matter the performance or upgrades, it's a hideous car). I think the RDX will be a home run for Acura. And then following it up next summer with a new TLX...they could be see nice increases in the next couple of years.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah the RDX is out in 10 days I believe and my lease would have been up at the end of May as well, BUT I decided to re-lease a 2nd gen 2018 RDX AWD Advance because of the deal I got and due to my speculation that there would be little to no incentives for the 2019 RDX. Acura financial is usually pretty bad IMO for MF/APR compared to a lot of car brands. I can see it now 2019 ACURA RDX Base AWD $399 a month $3000 down and 10K miles a year for 36 months before title taxes and fees, oh please.....
Old 05-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TxLady
I’ll be looking at prices paid as well. As for me...observing the emotions flying out of control about Acura’s new baby and not seeing any evidence of road reviews from unbiased driving reviewers (even though reports indicate they were done over the past month-just not released); I’m beginning to have doubts about it. Since other makes I’m considering post such reviews at least 6-8 weeks before release date, really makes me wonder what’s up. I posted a link to an article where a CO of Acura was telling dealership owners (who met in Las Vegas just after the “reveal”). that they didn’t have to be concerned with offering incentives and special offers to buyers on this vehicle because it would sell on emotions...wow.
Well maybe rightfully so. The 2nd gen RDX was growing very long in the tooth and this truly is one of the biggest refreshes for Acura in ages. This is their 2nd best selling car that people still bought even after competitors trumped them in terms of performance and features. I am not saying it's a smart financial move to buy a brand new car at full MSRP, trust me there will be plenty to go around, but on the other hand people will pay MSRP. As of for now I have a 2018 RDX Advance I am leasing, the older I get the more I realize cars don't matter. I will probably buy the car off lease depending on the condition of the car and drive it until the wheels fall off, unless I can find a MDX sport Hybrid CPO for cheap

Quick Reply: Will Acura stay close to MSRP pricing on 2019 RDX ?