Old 06-27-2019, 06:00 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I'll wait for the WeatherTechs.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
I don't generally like the look of those things on cars, but are there any that are generally temporary? Those say they are installed with 3M tape and clips, which sound more permanent. If they really do let you leave the windows down a crack in the summer, I might look into having them on only in the summer.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:20 AM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by DriverOne
I don't generally like the look of those things on cars, but are there any that are generally temporary? Those say they are installed with 3M tape and clips, which sound more permanent. If they really do let you leave the windows down a crack in the summer, I might look into having them on only in the summer.
Most WeatherTech visors are not clued or clipped on. They fit in the channel of the window and they stay put. To install the front ones, you just flex them a little and pop them in. Second row windows that are dead straight (like on SUVs) have some adhesive but they can be removed easily. I had them on my Pilot for 16 years. They blend well with the vehicle and look better than any others I've seen, even OEMs. Most of the ones that glue on from the outside look horrible. I don't like the idea of the "chrome" trim on the ones above.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:30 AM
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 86 Posts
/\ /\ /\ = ugly fugly, IMO.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:46 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^thanks for your opinion.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:42 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could move to South Florida where you won't even be able to use your sunroof! Seriously, I used to use mine all the time in PA, and even if the glass was closed, I had the shade open. Not here! That FL sun is just too darn intense. In fact, I'm looking at my next vehicle and one of them doesn't come standard with a sunroof -- I'm kinda like, not a dealbreaker!
The following users liked this post:
NooYawkuh (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
Most WeatherTech visors are not clued or clipped on. They fit in the channel of the window and they stay put. To install the front ones, you just flex them a little and pop them in. Second row windows that are dead straight (like on SUVs) have some adhesive but they can be removed easily. I had them on my Pilot for 16 years. They blend well with the vehicle and look better than any others I've seen, even OEMs. Most of the ones that glue on from the outside look horrible. I don't like the idea of the "chrome" trim on the ones above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1xKBYRB2hd0
So can you take them out in the winter? Or do people just leave them in? And if you leave them in, can you close the window the whole way if the visor fits in the window channel? I might wait until they come out and consider getting some because it would be nice to let my car circulate some air in the summer. There have been some 90+ degree days already and even with my sun shade it's brutal in the car when I get in.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:53 PM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by DriverOne
So can you take them out in the winter? Or do people just leave them in? And if you leave them in, can you close the window the whole way if the visor fits in the window channel? I might wait until they come out and consider getting some because it would be nice to let my car circulate some air in the summer. There have been some 90+ degree days already and even with my sun shade it's brutal in the car when I get in.
Yes, I always left mine in, never took them out. The window closes all the way. The only time I ever took the back ones out was because they were coming loose. The adhesive wasn't holding after about 15 years. Used a little contact cement and they stayed put.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
though its not happened to me, this is what I'd do ASAP
1. attempt to dry as much as possible from all areas that got very wet. Blot all areas until relatively dry
2. on a sunny "DRY DAY" leave car out with all windows open to air dry. if its expected to rain do this in your garage if needed or any area protected from the rain. Do this as many days as needed & as fast as you can
3. when you close the windows use a product like Damp Rid Hi- capacity Moisture Absorber & follow its instructions dumping out all accumulations
Old 07-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
@Mark S Long Island Just placed an Amazon order for the Damp Rid, arriving Wednesday. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
your welcome. hope it works out for you.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:21 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
You can buy a bag of calcium chloride which is what damp rid is, if you need to refill the damp rid container. You can probably get a bag of 50 pounds for $20, not so sure if it's available in your area right now since it's summer time. There are some 'homemade' container ideas that might help since I'm assuming it's gonna take a lot to dry out the car.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/50-lb-Fast-...e-Melt/3540820
Old 07-02-2019, 03:44 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by tangible
My RDX was left out in a torrential downpour with the lovely panoramic sunroof wide open. What’s the matter with this car? Is it as stupid as its owner?It’s got a rain sensor, for the wipers. Couldn’t it have closed the roof for me, or at least sent me a text telling me what was happening?

My more practical question: Any ideas on what to do to avoid mold and other horrors? Obviously I wiped it down, and I’ve been leaving it out in the sun with all the glass open. What else can I do?
Hate to say it.... But you're the dumb one here...

Close the sunroof when you park, idiot!

OK.... I get it, we all make mistakes...

The car can only do so much!

Imagine if that sensor went out and opened the sunroof during rain? Yeah.... Electrical assistance is nice, but it can take a dump on you too!

My grandmother's friend did this many years ago... Water was up to the seats....
Old 07-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 86 Posts
[QUOTE=Midnight Mystery;16447288]Hate to say it.... But you're the dumb one here...

Close the sunroof when you park, idiot![QUOTE] Well, bless your sweet heart! What a lovely post!
Old 07-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by AnnetteFL
You could move to South Florida where you won't even be able to use your sunroof! Seriously, I used to use mine all the time in PA, and even if the glass was closed, I had the shade open. Not here! That FL sun is just too darn intense. In fact, I'm looking at my next vehicle and one of them doesn't come standard with a sunroof -- I'm kinda like, not a dealbreaker!
Oh don't worry, it's the same now in PA too and the intensity of the sun is really something else. I am with you on the moon roof, my TSX's is starting to fail (will only open and/or close sometimes) so I am careful with when I use it and I don't miss it as much as I would have first thought. My Dad got a car recently without one and I appreciated the extra headroom.