AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   What do you want to see in the 2020 RDX (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/what-do-you-want-see-2020-rdx-976652/)

Dereileak 01-23-2019 11:36 PM

What do you want to see in the 2020 RDX

I love my RDX, and I do have some issues but overall it’s a great car. I feel like there is plenty of power but I really would love to see a V-6 Turbo’d RDX in 2020. My question for you guys is, what features or changes would you guys want to see in the 2020, enough to make you trade in for the new model (besides fixes for any issues you have)

MI-RDX 01-24-2019 05:18 AM

If they dropped an MDX type Sport-Hybrid drive train in the RDX it would certainly pique my interest.

NooYawkuh 01-24-2019 06:52 AM

Remote start, standard
Induction charging pad

supafamous 01-24-2019 09:08 AM

I expect very, very few changes for 2020 as Acura rarely makes changes in the first two years but...

- More attractive wheels on the Advance trim. Should probably be 20" ones too - the Glint Black ones would be a great start. The current ones are hideous and not appropriate for a top trim level car.
- Wireless charging
- A-Spec available with the Advance trim. Can't see this happening though, that's not Acura's style.

I'd expect the Type S (V6 turbo) to show up for the 2021 year to juice sales and probably right after the next TLX shows up with it.

JB in AZ 01-24-2019 09:19 AM

I haven't even owned my Advance pkg RDX for 48 hours yet, but I agree with many that he Advance wheels are not appropriate for the top trim level. I even like the Tech wheels better. So, my early 2020 "want to see" would be nicer wheels on the Advance package.

I even thought about asking the dealer to swap wheels/tires with the ones from the Tech package, but I got such a great deal, I decided not ask for anything more! I don't hate the stock wheels.

ross7777 01-24-2019 09:32 AM

Adaptive suspension on the A-Spec and/or the A-Spec appearance package as an option on the Advance.

Ability to turn off piped in engine noise instead of linking it to the driving mode.

Spare tire standard on the A-Spec.

Better quality rear camera image.

Allow Nav scale adjustment and fix various infotainment issues.

37tzee 01-24-2019 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 16370758)
Adaptive suspension on the A-Spec and/or the A-Spec appearance package as an option on the Advance.

Ability to turn off piped in engine noise instead of linking it to the driving mode.

Spare tire standard on the A-Spec.

Better quality rear camera image.

Allow Nav scale adjustment and fix various infotainment issues.

DITTO! :thumbsup:

Tom2 01-24-2019 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh (Post 16370683)
Remote start, standard
Induction charging pad

Yes, both of these items are a huge oversight for this class of car in 2019.

ross7777 01-24-2019 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tom2 (Post 16370821)
Yes, both of these items are a huge oversight for this class of car in 2019.

I’m torn on the wireless charging since I have to plug in for CarPlay anyway.

Dereileak 01-24-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 16370832)

I’m torn on the wireless charging since I have to plug in for CarPlay anyway.

Apple does offer wireless CarPlay, BMW has it on some models, Acura just needs to implement it, idk why any manufacture wouldn’t

RDX10 01-24-2019 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by supafamous (Post 16370732)
I expect very, very few changes for 2020 as Acura rarely makes changes in the first two years but...

- More attractive wheels on the Advance trim. Should probably be 20" ones too - the Glint Black ones would be a great start. The current ones are hideous and not appropriate for a top trim level car.
- Wireless charging
- A-Spec available with the Advance trim. Can't see this happening though, that's not Acura's style.

I'd expect the Type S (V6 turbo) to show up for the 2021 year to juice sales and probably right after the next TLX shows up with it.

I agree with everything on this list but just wanted to mention that in Canada the TLX is available with a tech-Aspec trim and also an elite(advance)-Aspec trim. So it's definitely possible for them to do that again and I really think they should have done that.
Absolutely agree those top trim wheels are an abomination to anything that has vision and NEED TO GO.

The biggest thing for me is the inclusion of the A-Spec as a package and NOT an individual trim level. Would also like to see the red leather interior available with red exterior. IMO if they can make the A-Spec a package on the Advance model I would be fully satisfied and wouldn't need anything else.

Sidenote, they have that GIGANTIC empty space under the push button shifter and theg never thought to put an inductive charger?!?!

AZ4035 01-24-2019 02:48 PM

I just want to retrofit power folding mirrors onto the US models from the CA models. It's really stupid how even for a top level trim we don't have power folding mirrors. I have a really tight driveway and constantly having to open and close both windows to manually fold and unfold the mirrors is a hassle. Wireless charging is a hit or miss, I like having beefy phone cases to protect my phone.
Something that they should really try to implement is the ability to recline the rear seats as well.

ross7777 01-24-2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by AZ4035 (Post 16370999)
Something that they should really try to implement is the ability to recline the rear seats as well.

Yes. Recline and/or slide.

B25Nut 01-24-2019 06:22 PM

- Acura should give up the fraction of an MPG that Auto Idle Stop gives their EPA rating and make the feature something that needs to be selected instead of disabled.
- More info on the HUD like range and the clock.
- Finer tuning for the audio volume control.
- Real Ambient Lighting.
- Slightly firmer brake feel.
- Less delay in the Tailgate opening

S_K 01-24-2019 07:31 PM

1. Auto idle to permanently turn off. Crap is annoying as heck and nearly causes accidents when forgetting to turn it off

2. Digital spedometer. It’s. 40k plus car, I didn’t think a car wouldn’t have such an option.

3. The mitigation radar unit behind the elmbem has got to do. I have had my car for 2 months and already in service waiting for a new unit to be replaced because they found moisture in it *eye roll*

4. Remote start as a standard, liek cmon it’s a 40k plus thousand car... the app is fine and all but it doesn’t ALWAYS work.

5. Bigger engine option. A 3L V6 would be appreciated.

6...did I mention permanent auto idle engine off option?!?!?!!

7. Wireless charging pad for phone. No one has times for wires.

RDX10 01-24-2019 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 16371006)

Yes. Recline and/or slide.

How could I forget this?!?! Yes absolutely!!

anoop 01-25-2019 01:07 AM

No way I trade a 2019 for a 2020, no matter what features it comes with. If I need to change the car so quickly, then I need to try a different brand.

Some day maybe I'll start leasing a new, identical car every 6 months...
https://thenextweb.com/apple/2011/10...license-plate/

Midnight Mystery 01-25-2019 03:56 AM

If they do a digital speedometer, I'd wish they put it in the MID as one of the screen options and otherwise keeping the analogue gauges too. Much like the 2015-17 Toyota Camry's design. This way, both are available.

Personally, I think digital speedometers are difficult to read accurately since the numbers flash up and down every second or so.

JB in AZ 01-25-2019 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16371365)
If they do a digital speedometer, I'd wish they put it in the MID as one of the screen options and otherwise keeping the analogue gauges too. Much like the 2015-17 Toyota Camry's design. This way, both are available.

Personally, I think digital speedometers are difficult to read accurately since the numbers flash up and down every second or so.

I agree. The 18 CRV I replaced with the 19 RDX had ONLY a digital speedometer. It can be annoying: 44, 45, 43, 44, 45, 45, 44. The brain evens out the slight needle fluctuation, but focuses on the digits of the digital display much more. I prefer an analog gauge. I have no issue with a digital gauge being available, but let me decide which I want, please.

Oven our 15 Escape has the option to display both...in fact, it was by a software update that made the digital speedo available roughly 4-5 months after our purchase (new).

Midwestuser1 01-25-2019 03:09 PM

I won’t change until the RDX Type-S is released (assuming I like what they offer)

Gee-vee 01-25-2019 09:02 PM

As mentioned above, nicer wheels on the Advance model, a hybrid engine. Would also like to see LED lights in the rear and a good old fashioned stick shift...not holding my breath on any of them

Midnight Mystery 01-26-2019 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16371424)
I agree. The 18 CRV I replaced with the 19 RDX had ONLY a digital speedometer. It can be annoying: 44, 45, 43, 44, 45, 45, 44. The brain evens out the slight needle fluctuation, but focuses on the digits of the digital display much more. I prefer an analog gauge. I have no issue with a digital gauge being available, but let me decide which I want, please.

Oven our 15 Escape has the option to display both...in fact, it was by a software update that made the digital speedo available roughly 4-5 months after our purchase (new).

I know, that's the way I like it!

Oh, kind of irrelevant in daily driving, but digital speedometers make timing acceleration or videos of acceleration just plain stupid and unwatchable...

GTF 01-26-2019 11:16 AM

1. Replacing the Advance wheel style....this is easily done, and should be done. I think it's quite possible some are choosing Tech due to better style wheel as well as lower price.
2. Shrinking the huge Acura emblem on the grille....this unfortunately won't happen. Don't know why Corporate decided this was a good idea....mimic MB? But MB has established rep and cred. That comes first. And I think it's way too dominant even on MB.

MI-RDX 01-26-2019 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by GTF (Post 16371983)
...Don't know why Corporate decided this was a good idea.....

May have to be that large to house the radar electronics inside. :dunno:

MrJames 01-26-2019 01:02 PM

New advance wheels and get rid of the black plastic around the bottom of the bumpers and sides. Most SUVs have it and it looks cheap. On the 2019 MDX advance they made it body colored and it looks so much better. Give us an option for that on the RDX advance.

RDX10 01-26-2019 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16371991)
May have to be that large to house the radar electronics inside. :dunno:

I don't think so. The 2G mdx has a plastic square not much larger than the emblem for the radar stuff and many many brands hide the radar in the emblem and manage to make it normal size. Acura is just being gaudy as hell.

quantum7 01-27-2019 09:21 AM

did I mention permanent auto idle engine off option?!?!?!!

I did a test drive back in the summer and the salesman mentioned that some rep from Acura said that this was coming. Not sure how true but thought it was interesting that he brought it up.

JB in AZ 01-27-2019 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by quantum7 (Post 16372255)
did I mention permanent auto idle engine off option?!?!?!!

I did a test drive back in the summer and the salesman mentioned that some rep from Acura said that this was coming. Not sure how true but thought it was interesting that he brought it up.

My suspicion is they can not turn this off permanently due to the EPA mileage tests and ratings. When they do the city portion of the test, it involves a specified time at stops. Cars with the idle stop feature will have their engines shut off during these stops, and will get incrementally higher mpg ratings. If the manufacturer then disables this feature permanently, after they have certified the MPG ratings, they would most likely need to re-certify them again, and that isn't likely to happen.

quantum7 01-27-2019 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16372256)
My suspicion is they can not turn this off permanently due to the EPA mileage tests and ratings. When they do the city portion of the test, it involves a specified time at stops. Cars with the idle stop feature will have their engines shut off during these stops, and will get incrementally higher mpg ratings. If the manufacturer then disables this feature permanently, after they have certified the MPG ratings, they would most likely need to re-certify them again, and that isn't likely to happen.

yeah.....I don't really expect to see it, just interesting that he brought it up

MI-RDX 01-27-2019 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by quantum7 (Post 16372258)
yeah.....I don't really expect to see it, just interesting that he brought it up

Two words: Salesmen. Lie.

Their philosophy is 'Tell the customer anything you think they might want to hear in order to make the sale."

quantum7 01-27-2019 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16372260)
Two words: Salesmen. Lie.

Their philosophy is 'Tell the customer anything you think they might want to hear in order to make the sale."

I have no doubt that they would lie to make a sale. This guy I have known for over 30 years (bought my '88 Integra from him, and my 93 Integra, and 99 TL). I actually moved away from the area and just stopped to say hi. Little motive to try make a sale to me since I am long gone from the area.

Should be interesting to see however with the 2020 models hit the showrooms. I love following up on the rumors to see who had it right and who was blowing smoke.

acuraada 01-27-2019 07:00 PM

1. Sports hybrid
  2. Auto folding side mirrors ( for US)
  3. 40-20-40 folding seats
  4. Android auto plzzzzzzz

Gossleroy 01-28-2019 10:15 AM

Power folding mirrors on the A-Spec

HUD on the A-Spec

Adaptive suspension on the A-Spec

You would think that the sporty version would have these as standard since it is supposed to be the "enthusiast" package.
That being said I love my A-Spec..... lol

whitehot 01-29-2019 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by AZ4035 (Post 16370999)
I just want to retrofit power folding mirrors onto the US models from the CA models. It's really stupid how even for a top level trim we don't have power folding mirrors. I have a really tight driveway and constantly having to open and close both windows to manually fold and unfold the mirrors is a hassle. Wireless charging is a hit or miss, I like having beefy phone cases to protect my phone.

I agree this is the most puzzling thing to me in a $48K vehicle that positions itself against more expensive European makes. The Canada power folding side mirrors also have puddle lamps in the higher trims, I think. This is just one of several features that you would think would be available in the top trim level here... or that they would add an extra trim level (e.g. Advance Elite) to incorporate some of these features.

cric14 01-29-2019 12:37 PM

-Folding mirrors
-Adaptive headlights
-Don't think this will happen, but the console buttons can be changed to look more "prestigious"
-A hybrid engine is a MUST (keep reading online it's coming but who knows)
-The engine sound coming through the sound system needs an option where one can turn it on/off
-The rim option (especially on the advance trim) NEEDS to change...the current one sucks. My 2015 XSE had MUCH better rims.

skarface 01-29-2019 12:40 PM

Sell the Canadian model in the US lol

spinedoc777 01-29-2019 03:49 PM

More "luxury", I feel my RDX is just a highly optioned Honda. Start with the seats, better material, better bolster support, better fit and finish. Tighten up the handling, it's way too sloppy, even for a crossover. Improve the dampening, ride is too rough and noisy for a luxury vehicle. Give us a 6 cylinder option, doesn't have to have turbo I just want something that feels decent at low rpm's. Give me a digital speedo as an option and let the freakin option I choose stay displayed. Of course they really need to fix all the bugs and quirks in the infotainment system. Either add storage to the monstrosity that is the center console with a big hole underneath it, or get rid of it and give us a regular center console.

acuraada 01-29-2019 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by whitehot (Post 16373335)
I agree this is the most puzzling thing to me in a $48K vehicle that positions itself against more expensive European makes. The Canada power folding side mirrors also have puddle lamps in the higher trims, I think. This is just one of several features that you would think would be available in the top trim level here... or that they would add an extra trim level (e.g. Advance Elite) to incorporate some of these features.

It's not puzzling at all. They probably have some outodated and ill informed product manager who decided that most drivers will be parking in lots of costco, BJ, targets or Walmarts as supposed to streets. And that we have enough land around to build large parking spots.

Honda probably has a millennial product manager which would explain having features we actually want.

B25Nut 01-29-2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by spinedoc777 (Post 16373653)
More "luxury", I feel my RDX is just a highly optioned Honda. Start with the seats, better material, better bolster support, better fit and finish. Tighten up the handling, it's way too sloppy, even for a crossover. Improve the dampening, ride is too rough and noisy for a luxury vehicle. Give us a 6 cylinder option, doesn't have to have turbo I just want something that feels decent at low rpm's. Give me a digital speedo as an option and let the freakin option I choose stay displayed. Of course they really need to fix all the bugs and quirks in the infotainment system. Either add storage to the monstrosity that is the center console with a big hole underneath it, or get rid of it and give us a regular center console.

I disagree with 8 of your 9 complaints.

ZipSpeed 01-29-2019 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by spinedoc777 (Post 16373653)

Sounds like the RDX isn't for you. Curious, why did you buy it? I don't one (yet), but have driven it a few times and I found it to be a huge improvement over the outgoing model. The vehicle didn't ride on rails like my old 2011 X3 with adaptive suspension, but it was close. I didn't mind the ride at all - though I prefer the suspension firmer than soft. As for the interior, I didn't find it any worse than say a BMW interior. Maybe not as luxury as MB, but you're paying a hell lot more for comparable equipment. As for the turbo 4, that's just the way the automotive world is heading - turbos. 4 cylinders will never be as smooth as a six, or make that awesome growl at WOT, it is what it is. I don't care for the fake engine noise through the speakers.