Trade-In Estimate...Accessories

Old 06-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Trade-In Estimate...Accessories

I bought a bunch of accessories when I bought my 2017 RDX Advance. Does anyone know if the accessories would increase the trade-in value I will get offered? I guess I'm mostly talking about the ones I can easily remove and not convey (#1 - #4)...

Trying to remember everything:

1. All-Season Mats
2. Cargo Tray
3. Cargo Net
4. Cargo Liner
5. Spare Tire Kit*
6. Remote Engine Start*
7. Splash Guard Set*
8. LED Fog Lights*

*I forgot if I bought these separately or were included as part of the 2017 Advance package. I looked at the 2018 RDX build page and these are NOT included -- you have to pay extra to get.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:47 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure on accessories. You'd probably not get anything close as dealers package most of the cars they sell with "stock items". You can always sell the interior items on eBay. I ended up buying for my '17 MDX the all season mats for $100 on eBay which were barely used. Cheaper than brand new.
The following users liked this post:
birdonamission (06-11-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 05:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The Advance package came with remote engine start. The only thing those accessories will do is make the vehicle more appealing, but the amount you’ll get is negligible. The types of accessories that can slightly increase the trade in value are OEM wheel upgrades, running boards, roof rack. But you won’t see much of a return on investment there...
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I bought a bunch of accessories when I bought my 2017 RDX Advance. Does anyone know if the accessories would increase the trade-in value I will get offered? I guess I'm mostly talking about the ones I can easily remove and not convey (#1 - #4)...

1. All-Season Mats
2. Cargo Tray
3. Cargo Net
4. Cargo Liner
5. Spare Tire Kit*
6. Remote Engine Start*
7. Splash Guard Set*
8. LED Fog Lights*

*I forgot if I bought these separately or were included as part of the 2017 Advance package. I looked at the 2018 RDX build page and these are NOT included -- you have to pay extra to get.
birdonamission (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

1. All-Season Mats
2. Cargo Tray
3. Cargo Net
4. Cargo Liner
5. Spare Tire Kit*
6. Remote Engine Start*
7. Splash Guard Set*
8. LED Fog Lights*

No, they offer no value besides if they are included already 7-8, which already come with they Advance trim
Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by jrasero
No, they offer no value besides if they are included already 7-8, which already come with they Advance trim
So, I'll be "donating" these actually pretty nice accessories to the next owner...lol.

Well, someone did say I could sell on eBay or somewhere. That cargo tray is rather bulky to mail to somebody, though.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

1. All-Season Mats
2. Cargo Tray
3. Cargo Net
4. Cargo Liner
5. Spare Tire Kit*
6. Remote Engine Start*
7. Splash Guard Set*
8. LED Fog Lights*

Here are the items that would "get their attention" and help you with a better trade value.
Remote engine start; LED Fog Lights; Spare Tire Kit. The other items are "nice" for them...and I always have most of those on my trades, but, in reality there's not much value to them. Very little anyway. They like that
you have them in the car. I always mention what my car has on it, that did not come from the factory. I do all I can to "sell my trade!" LOL!!!
birdonamission (06-12-2018)