View Poll Results: Opinion on Red leather interior
I like/love the red.
44.44%
I hate the red.
16.67%
I don't have an A-Spec but if I could I would have gotten red.
9.72%
I don't have an A-Spec and would still not have gotten red.
29.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on red leather interior Poll

Old 01-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Thoughts on red leather interior Poll

I am under the impression that the majority of RDX owners really do not like the red leather interior. I am personally obsessed with it so I thought a fun poll on it would be cool to see your opinions. Feel free to vote and to comment on it as well!
Old 01-02-2019, 04:55 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Im not a red fan..it does look ok now, but whats it going to look like down the road......and is your taste going to change and when it comes to resale, I think you may lose possible buyers over it..but thats just me and who cares what I think,lol If it makes you happy, go for it.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by flames9
Im not a red fan..it does look ok now, but whats it going to look like down the road......and is your taste going to change and when it comes to resale, I think you may lose possible buyers over it..but thats just me and who cares what I think,lol If it makes you happy, go for it.
Well hey no I like that you're sharing your opinion! Thank you for that. I definitely do take resale into account but I think it's silly to buy something you don't like to keep future buyers happy right. Besides, I have a feeling red is going to be rare and therefore sought after. My 1G RDX was royal blue pearl. It's an incredibly uncommon color for the 1G RDX which I deduce to mean it was unpopular but when I went to sell it, it actually was one of the main reasons my buyer actually wanted it.

p.s that username wouldn't happen to be after a certain hockey team is it?
Old 01-02-2019, 05:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDX10
Well hey no I like that you're sharing your opinion! Thank you for that. I definitely do take resale into account but I think it's silly to buy something you don't like to keep future buyers happy right. Besides, I have a feeling red is going to be rare and therefore sought after. My 1G RDX was royal blue pearl. It's an incredibly uncommon color for the 1G RDX which I deduce to mean it was unpopular but when I went to sell it, it actually was one of the main reasons my buyer actually wanted it.

p.s that username wouldn't happen to be after a certain hockey team is it?
I guess I have seen some pretty crappy red leather seats in the past....More so related to the owners not detailing them.....say one gets a hole..needs to be repatched....how easy is it to match the leather? lol But u are right.....buy what makes you happy....life is too short.....enjoy
Old 01-02-2019, 08:06 AM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I have found in my travels that unique and/or different aesthetic treatments do not wear and/or last well over time. They typically do not lend well to payback at trade-in time due to limited consumer tastes.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have the A-Spec Modern Steel Metallic with Red interior and love it. Previously, I had a Lexus RC350 white/Red interior and when I was looking at the RDX, decided on the ASpec for the sporty look comparable to my previous car.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
I don't have an RDX but based on the looks and other cars that have red interior/leather, I'd have to give it a . It's just too "busy" for me. I'd bet that I'd get used to it over time but my initial opinion is a .

However, I'm with flames9 on disregarding resale. If you like it I say go for it. Maybe it's because I tend too keep cars for a while though, to the point where the resale is pretty low anyways because of wear and mileage. If you were going to sell it after a few years I might consider it a bigger factor.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:58 AM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Love the red. Wish I had it in my TLX too.

Parchment, now thats hideous.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I love the red leather, wanted something different this time, and it looks great with both the Apex Blue and Modern Steel. I think the red leather goes well with the sportier ASpec look, I have had tons of compliments on my leather seats.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Suzuka Master

I guess I have seen some pretty crappy red leather seats in the past....More so related to the owners not detailing them.....say one gets a hole..needs to be repatched....how easy is it to match the leather? lol But u are right.....buy what makes you happy....life is too short.....enjoy
I think it really depends on the leather quality and how well it's taken care of. The BMW red coral seats look really good year later IMO.

Originally Posted by nylawyer2000
I have the A-Spec Modern Steel Metallic with Red interior and love it. Previously, I had a Lexus RC350 white/Red interior and when I was looking at the RDX, decided on the ASpec for the sporty look comparable to my previous car.
That is a SEXY color combo. Wish we could get red on red! Lmao resale would suck but I'd be happy for the many years I owned it.

Originally Posted by losiglow
I don't have an RDX but based on the looks and other cars that have red interior/leather, I'd have to give it a . It's just too "busy" for me. I'd bet that I'd get used to it over time but my initial opinion is a .

However, I'm with flames9 on disregarding resale. If you like it I say go for it. Maybe it's because I tend too keep cars for a while though, to the point where the resale is pretty low anyways because of wear and mileage. If you were going to sell it after a few years I might consider it a bigger factor.
Yeah I'm like you I keep my cars for many many years and although I agree that it is busy, it's definitely been a dream to own a car with a red leather interior for a long time.

Originally Posted by MTD
Love the red. Wish I had it in my TLX too.

Parchment, now thats hideous.
Parchment is ok but boy does it stain easily! Do you remember that weird brownish orange color that was available on the 2G MDX? Now THAT is a truly awful color. Yuck.

Originally Posted by Phil Onyschuk
I love the red leather, wanted something different this time, and it looks great with both the Apex Blue and Modern Steel. I think the red leather goes well with the sportier ASpec look, I have had tons of compliments on my leather seats.
That's a super sexy superman combination! Love it! Put up some pics if you can please! We can only get red with black, white and modern steel in Canada unfortunately.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Thank you everyone for voting, I genuinely appreciate the votes and the input both for and against it. I'm pleasantly surprised because I was expecting red to be less popular but it seems to be a fairly even split between liking and disliking it which is totally fair.

Thanks guys 😁
Old 01-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Racer

Thank you everyone for voting, I genuinely appreciate the votes and the input both for and against it. I'm pleasantly surprised because I was expecting red to be less popular but it seems to be a fairly even split between liking and disliking it which is totally fair.

Thanks guys 😁
I think people are just being polite! Lot of Canadians on these forums...lol Enjoy ur red seats!!
Old 01-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
My assumption is that if you like the chrome in the tech/adv then you will not like the red interior.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
I went to an Acura dealer today to look at the RDX. I hate the red seats.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Sounds
I went to an Acura dealer today to look at the RDX. I hate the red seats.
would you be ok with black with red stitching similar to the G70?

Old 01-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 188 Posts
I generally really like red leather seats but the RDX's red is a shade that doesn't quite hit the mark. I find BMW's red to be more of what I like and the RDX's is a touch too orange - I wanted it to be a shade darker. I might still go for it but my wife is pretty mixed on it.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:56 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
I wish it had more red like the TLX that has the armrest and door cards red too.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:35 AM
Suzuka Master

I think people are just being polite! Lot of Canadians on these forums...lol Enjoy ur red seats!!
hahah you ass let me believe it's more popular than I thought! 😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Rmsanger
My assumption is that if you like the chrome in the tech/adv then you will not like the red interior.
That is a a very good assumption and I think I agree.

Originally Posted by supafamous
I generally really like red leather seats but the RDX's red is a shade that doesn't quite hit the mark. I find BMW's red to be more of what I like and the RDX's is a touch too orange - I wanted it to be a shade darker. I might still go for it but my wife is pretty mixed on it.
Truth be told I have not seen it in person yet. In pictures it looks really nice but I definitely need to go see it in person assp.

Originally Posted by MTD
I wish it had more red like the TLX that has the armrest and door cards red too.
I'm actually the opposite sort of. I agree, wish the door cards and arm rest were red but would have liked to see less red on the seats to balance it out.

Last edited by RDX10; 01-03-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil Onyschuk
I agree. I always get black leather in my cars. I was skeptical at first but when I saw it in person I was sold on it. It looks way better in person. At the end of the day, everyone has their own taste. It shouldn't be a problem for resale in the future.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You missed one in the poll.

I have an A-spec without the red leather.

*click*
Old 01-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 97ws6
You missed one in the poll.

I have an A-spec without the red leather.

*click*
That goes under I hate the red leather. It's implied that the 2 top options are for people who have an A-Spec and the 2 bottom for those who don't. But I agree, when I was making the poll - at 3 a.m because I couldn't sleep - I knew I should have laid out the options better.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That goes under I hate the red leather.
Not quite, of course. I rather liked the red leather and particularly the red stitching. But although I like it today, I'm not sure how much I will like it X years down the road - so I bought black.

(That, and the wife told me to.)

Old 01-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
I'm too boring to want it, but I like that they offer it!

I do love the GRP RDX minus the decals and weed leaf.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:37 PM
Null and proud of it

Need to add option "I don't have an RDX but like that Acura is trying to be cool again".
Old 01-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ssacuraho
Not quite, of course. I rather liked the red leather and particularly the red stitching. But although I like it today, I'm not sure how much I will like it X years down the road - so I bought black.

(That, and the wife told me to.)
Good point, I should have added that option too. Oh well I think this is a fairly indicative poll that opinions are fairly split on the red. Surprisingly ~50/50 vs I was expecting 20/80 or less opposed to the red.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
I'm too boring to want it, but I like that they offer it!

I do love the GRP RDX minus the decals and weed leaf.
Lol I didn't want to turn it into a too spread poll because it would make people have a hard time choosing. Also you're getting old midnight. If Acura offered a red interior on the 1G RDX I would have been ALL over that.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Null and proud of it

I'm the same way but not. Sometimes I like the sporty designs and others I want the premium, touring look. Like having a body kit on a TL, looks awesome, maybe 3 days a week, the other 4 days, I want luxury!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 321 Likes on 190 Posts
I like how the red looks, but I much prefer the black interior, which is what I got
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 AM
Null and proud of it

Lol I didn't want to turn it into a too spread poll because it would make people have a hard time choosing. Also you're getting old midnight. If Acura offered a red interior on the 1G RDX I would have been ALL over that.

I can't get rid the though of Toyota using red on their "sporty" car interiors, ruined it for me.

I did drive a Blue/Biege RDX two years ago to see how it drove compared to mine. Loved that color combo, but it was a base, and not getting tech means losing everything that makes the RDX "premium".
Old 01-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Not the first time a car manufacturer puts in a red leather. It may have a wow factor but it's not a natural color and probably will loose it's luster if you are looking at it daily. Imho, red leather in cars is only as classic as the car itself, RDX isn't it.
​​​

If you created the poll to help you decide then the color probably isn't for you, just saying....
Old 01-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by acuraada
Not the first time a car manufacturer puts in a red leather. It may have a wow factor but it's not a natural color and probably will loose it's luster if you are looking at it daily. Imho, red leather in cars is only as classic as the car itself, RDX isn't it.
​​​

If you created the poll to help you decide then the color probably isn't for you, just saying....
I kind of disagree with you about the red only looking good on a classic car. However I can see it from your view poin too definitely. Red is sort of making a comeback. It's available on a number of dodge products, some Toyota and lexus products, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche, Kia, Hyundai, Lincoln...etc. But it definitely is a polarizing color. If I did not want it for years, I would not be so certain about it.

I created the poll just to see people's general opinions on the red leather. I love it way too much to care about resale or to not buy it because others don't like it. This was just a informational poll. I'm actually waiting a couple years before buying an RDX because by the then the rumored Type-S will be out and I expect it to combine A-Spec aggression with Elite-Platinum/Advance features.

Thank you for your input though, it is greatly appreciated .
Old 01-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 321 Likes on 190 Posts
I kind of disagree with you about the red only looking good on a classic car. However I can see it from your view poin too definitely. Red is sort of making a comeback. It's available on a number of dodge products, some Toyota and lexus products, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche, Kia, Hyundai, Lincoln...etc. But it definitely is a polarizing color. If I did not want it for years, I would not be so certain about it.

I created the poll just to see people's general opinions on the red leather. I love it way too much to care about resale or to not buy it because others don't like it. This was just a informational poll. I'm actually waiting a couple years before buying an RDX because by the then the rumored Type-S will be out and I expect it to combine A-Spec aggression with Elite-Platinum/Advance features.

Thank you for your input though, it is greatly appreciated .
once they put a v6 turbo in with the aspec and get us up to the advanced features I’ll trade in my 19 RDX aspec
Old 01-05-2019, 03:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Dereileak

once they put a v6 turbo in with the aspec and get us up to the advanced features I’ll trade in my 19 RDX aspec
Right?! That's going to be one hell of a machine! I can just imagine super aggressive bumpers, real carbon fiber and a meaty 350hp+ V6! What a beast!
Old 01-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Right?! That's going to be one hell of a machine! I can just imagine super aggressive bumpers, real carbon fiber and a meaty 350hp+ V6! What a beast!
Man am I the only one who doesn't care for a v6 turbo? I rather have a plug-in hybrid. Those odd bucket spaces underneath the trunks sure looks like a good fit for batteries. Let's hope they bring the sports hyrbid down from MDX

Old 01-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Null and proud of it

Ok, if that's what you like.

I am not driving a hybrid.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Ok, if that's what you like.

I am not driving a hybrid.
. I am hauling kids in the back, don't need a hot rod
Old 01-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 188 Posts
Man am I the only one who doesn't care for a v6 turbo? I rather have a plug-in hybrid. Those odd bucket spaces underneath the trunks sure looks like a good fit for batteries. Let's hope they bring the sports hyrbid down from MDX
I'd be very game for a sports hybrid like the MDX - I bet the MDX drivetrain is largely a drop-in replacement for the current RDX drivetrain. The MDX hybrid is a pretty quick elephant (0-60 in 6s according to Motor Trend) and would put the RDX down into the mid-5s I'd imagine.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Null and proud of it

. I am hauling kids in the back, don't need a hot rod

Hybrids are fast, no doubt about that!

But.

They aren't reliable with age and no starter sound, no way to feel the engine idle. No. Not for me.

Plus, MPGs in city are better than highway. Doesn't really help where I live.

Otherwise.

They're cool!
Old 01-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Many years ago, my Dad had a Mercedes Benz 220S...Dark blue outside, Red Leather inside. I always thought it looks funny with the red seats. It had a manual 4 speed on the column! Real wood on the dash. He bought it used in about 1968. He paid $1,900 for it. He and I spent some quality hours together sanding and refinishing the dash. I'll see if I can find the photo, scan it, but I'm not sure I am here long enough to post images?
Old 01-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Many years ago, my Dad had a Mercedes Benz 220S...Dark blue outside, Red Leather inside. I always thought it looks funny with the red seats. It had a manual 4 speed on the column! Real wood on the dash. He bought it used in about 1968. He paid $1,900 for it. He and I spent some quality hours together sanding and refinishing the dash. I'll see if I can find the photo, scan it, but I'm not sure I am here long enough to post images?

Maybe you will be by the time you find the photo.
The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (01-05-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on red leather interior Poll