Things to do after you take delivery

Old 10-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Things to do after you take delivery

I am yet to get my new ride (its in transit), but wanted to know what you guys did after taking delivery ?

- how to make sure no defect in car? what to look for? any check-list?
- any settings change?
- PPF/Coating?

these are just few things that came to my mind but i am sure there are my. it can be anything.. just wanted to learn what you guys have done after taking delivery for first few days. Now start beating me
Old 10-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Not fit for typing in this thread things.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
[QUOTE=Coolguy;16312503...what you guys have done after taking delivery for first few days...[/QUOTE]

1 - Enjoy the new ride.
2 - Try real hard not to hit anyone or anything.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
What I do is the following:

1. have paint protection installed on the front bumper, full hood, mirror caps, front quarter panels and door handle cups
2. check the tire pressure and make sure its set at 35psi as some dealers crank up the TP to >40 for test drives and then forget to change it back
Old 10-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
The first thing to do is download the manuals for the RDX Owner's Manuals | 2019 Acura RDX | Acura Owners Site
You could spend weeks reading them but pick and choosing different sections will give you a good education in a couple of days. Learning you push on fuel door to open it is an important first lesson (it unlocks with the doors). Spend 5-10 minutes familiarizing yourself with the True Touchpad. It quickly becomes second nature. Then go to the Settings on the center screen. Dozens of features can be customized there. I immediately was annoyed by the loud sound level of the beeps and chimes that occur with different functions. These levels can be reduced in the Settings, along with voice level of the nice lady that talks to us. For the rear view camera, set it to Dynamic mode. This setting moves the guide lines when you turn the steering wheel. Adjust the end of the line to where you want to backup to and you'll be there. This is very helpful when backing down curved driveways.
I was not impressed the the audio system when I first listened. In the settings I found that the center speaker and treble were at a maximum level. I reduced these by half and increased the ceiling speakers to full level. There was a night and day difference in the sound quality. Go to each section of the Settings and experiment with different options to match your taste. You can access the Vehicle settings only when you press the Start button twice with your foot off the break. I then customized the primary #1 screen so that it displayed the 8 functions that we would use the most, including our favorite radio/XM stations (mastering the relocation of the icons took some time). Learning the functions of the switches and functions on the steering was our next important step.
The open height of the back hatch can be adjusted, usually to a level that the tallest member of the family won't hit their head on it but the shortest adult can still reach the button to close it. We have the Hands Free feature on the hatch. It has a delay in its operation that I wish was slightly shorter. The kicking motion will always open and close it, but initially the delay caused me to do the kicking action again, which canceled the operation. Patience is something that has to be learned here.
I know I'll remember other lessons I learned the first week later today, but I feel these are the most important ones. Just reading the posts from MI-RDX will give you a good education.

Last edited by B25Nut; 10-13-2018 at 02:12 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by B25Nut:
Coolguy (10-13-2018), jonarogers (10-15-2018), mechonit (10-14-2018), OK-RDX (11-20-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 02:21 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
You can do all the basic checkups but remember one thing: before signing the final contract, go with your sales rep and check the current mileage. I have heard people taking delivery and the mileage was 200,300 or 400. To me that’s unacceptable no matter what excuse they give you.

A brand new car should not have more than 10 miles. If you see 200-300 miles, cancel the delivery immediately.

good luck and enjoy!
Old 10-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Instructor

One more thing....get in the habit of turning off the Auto Idle Stop each time you start the vehicle. You'll eliminate a lot of frustration.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
If the dealer put a sticker on the tailgate of the car ask them to remove it before you take delivery. Same thing if they put a tag around your plate.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:58 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by B25Nut
The first thing to do is download the manuals for the RDX Owner's Manuals | 2019 Acura RDX | Acura Owners Site
You could spend weeks reading them but pick and choosing different sections will give you a good education in a couple of days. Learning you push on fuel door to open it is an important first lesson (it unlocks with the doors). Spend 5-10 minutes familiarizing yourself with the True Touchpad. It quickly becomes second nature. Then go to the Settings on the center screen. Dozens of features can be customized there. I immediately was annoyed by the loud sound level of the beeps and chimes that occur with different functions. These levels can be reduced in the Settings, along with voice level of the nice lady that talks to us. For the rear view camera, set it to Dynamic mode. This setting moves the guide lines when you turn the steering wheel. Adjust the end of the line to where you want to backup to and you'll be there. This is very helpful when backing down curved driveways.
I was not impressed the the audio system when I first listened. In the settings I found that the center speaker and treble were at a maximum level. I reduced these by half and increased the ceiling speakers to full level. There was a night and day difference in the sound quality. Go to each section of the Settings and experiment with different options to match your taste. You can access the Vehicle settings only when you press the Start button twice with your foot off the break. I then customized the primary #1 screen so that it displayed the 8 functions that we would use the most, including our favorite radio/XM stations (mastering the relocation of the icons took some time). Learning the functions of the switches and functions on the steering was our next important step.
The open height of the back hatch can be adjusted, usually to a level that the tallest member of the family won't hit their head on it but the shortest adult can still reach the button to close it. We have the Hands Free feature on the hatch. It has a delay in its operation that I wish was slightly shorter. The kicking motion will always open and close it, but initially the delay caused me to do the kicking action again, which canceled the operation. Patience is something that has to be learned here.
I know I'll remember other lessons I learned the first week later today, but I feel these are the most important ones. Just reading the posts from MI-RDX will give you a good education.
Great points.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Racer

great points
Old 10-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
If the dealer put a sticker on the tailgate of the car ask them to remove it before you take delivery. Same thing if they put a tag around your plate.
oh yes.. why not. add few 100s of discount for free advertisement
The following users liked this post:
Curious3GTL (10-17-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I do have a pre delivery checklist. I tried to cover the issues mentioned on various threads specifically with 2019 rdx. Some of these are basic things I check before signing the paperwork. Also some were already resolved by acura in one pack. But would not hurt to still check.

Uniform Body panel gaps
-Rear hatch alignment
-Door alignment
-Bumper alignment
Rear hatch opening/closing sound
Steering wheel stitching
Tire pressures
Reverse gear/backup camera
Headlights high, low beams
All indicators working
Back up light
Brake lights
Body paint for any visible scratches
All windows up down
Rattle in infotainment screen?
Fuel lid opening
Door lock unlock with the key fob and proximity
Odometer reading for miles driven
VIN number match with paperwork
Seat adjustments working
AC heating, cooling
Fan speed adjustment
Volume, bass adjustments
Navigation screen coming up with gps location
Brakes check
Battery level indicator
Glass roof and sunshade full open close
Navigation - connected features is on
TCU enabled? For navigation search capability
Gas level
Rear view mirror does not have any distortion
All accesories are installed
Spare tire, tools in trunk
Quick look under hood (no spills, leaks, battery connections)
​​​​​Check the windscreen for smooth surface edge to edge

subin (10-18-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JustAnotherOne
I do have a pre delivery checklist. I tried to cover the issues mentioned on various threads specifically with 2019 rdx. Some of these are basic things I check before signing the paperwork. Also some were already resolved by acura in one pack. But would not hurt to still check.

Uniform Body panel gaps
-Rear hatch alignment
-Door alignment
-Bumper alignment
Rear hatch opening/closing sound
Steering wheel stitching
Tire pressures
Reverse gear/backup camera
Headlights high, low beams
All indicators working
Back up light
Brake lights
Body paint for any visible scratches
All windows up down
Rattle in infotainment screen?
Fuel lid opening
Door lock unlock with the key fob and proximity
Odometer reading for miles driven
VIN number match with paperwork
Seat adjustments working
AC heating, cooling
Fan speed adjustment
Volume, bass adjustments
Navigation screen coming up with gps location
Brakes check
Battery level indicator
Glass roof and sunshade full open close
Navigation - connected features is on
TCU enabled? For navigation search capability
Gas level
Rear view mirror does not have any distortion
All accesories are installed
Spare tire, tools in trunk
Quick look under hood (no spills, leaks, battery connections)
​​​​​Check the windscreen for smooth surface edge to edge
Amazing list.. thanks a bunch
Old 10-17-2018, 03:27 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
I agree as they dont pay me to advertise so I dont want anything but the manufacturers name on my car.
Curious3GTL (10-17-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:23 AM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Hard copy of owner's manual

Would someone please walk me through ordering a hard copy of the owner's manual? I believe I have seen on this forum that you can order a free copy once you are registered on acura.owners.com. We have registered there, and although I see where I can download a copy of that voluminous 651 page book, I can't see where or how to order a hard copy of the manual.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as there's a lot to learn!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Try this link for hard copy of service manual.

Acura On-line Bookstore: Product Search Engine
edit: nevermind. That's not the free copy.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Instructor

http://owners.acura.com/manualrequest/2019/RDX

I was notified on Monday that mine is being shipped.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:53 PM
DWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Twaeball
Just the same, I appreciate the effort. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:55 PM
DWG
Instructor

http://owners.acura.com/manualrequest/2019/RDX

I was notified on Monday that mine is being shipped.
Perfect! I couldn't find that anywhere, and you made it simple. THANK YOU!

How long ago did you request your copy? I'm wondering if it really takes the five weeks the website mentions.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Instructor

I think it was on October 26.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:10 PM
DWG
Instructor

I think it was on October 26.
Much appreciated.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine on Oct 24th and theycame today in the mail.
DWG (11-14-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow. Great lists guys. OP, definitely do that.

After you drive it off the lot you should definitely look into clear bra (PPF). If you're not doing the full bumper, hood and fenders,etc please do the partial package at the least. That'll cover your full bumper, almost half of your hood and front fenders, headlights, side mirrors, door cups, door edges and rear trunk area. Partial coverage shouldn't cost more than $1,000.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Racer

Partial package ( partial front) which costs around 1000/1200 does not cover rear trunk area, in my case. So I am doing full front and then ceramic pro coating on entire car. its worth the money IMO.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:51 AM
Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you go into more precise detail how you fixed the sound? I'd like to emulate your settings, also I'm curious how to change the 8 functions on page 1. I haven't figured it out.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Instructor

Each time I decide to change the location of an icon, I have to learn the process all over again by trial and error, so I can't go into a lot of detail since my wife has the RDX. First, I would go to screen 2 and move the functions you'll rarely if ever use to screen 3. Lightly click on an icon. It will then be surrounded by a square. Keeping the same pressure, swipe your finger to the right (or it may be left - I can never remember). This should move the icon to the other screen. Slowly moving your finger will reposition the icon on the existing screen. With blank areas available on screen 2, move unwanted icons on screen 1 to it. Arrange the four most used icons on screen 1 into the corner positions. After you designate some functions and stations as favorites you have the option to move them to the home screen.
I'm sure MI-RDX will have better details for this (he's the best!). I'm just doing it off the top of my head.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by csj0952
...also I'm curious how to change the 8 functions on page 1. I haven't figured it out.
Pages 256, 257 & 258 of the Owners Manual.