A-Spec and Advance Std. features!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Different in this way. 1. I was asked to not show the doc. 2. Info. I took from it I used buy did not disclose or show the source. 3. The doc. had "CONFIDENTIAL" on it....so I honored that and did not "show it."
Did I push the boundaries that I was given...I guess...but, to me dribbling out info.....vs. showing the doc. are 2 different things. IMHO.
Sorry....I should have said "much" different vs "any" different. At any rate we do appreciate the information.
Really looking forward to checking it out this summer. It has been a while since I have wanted an Acura (have only owned Acura since 1988 and my current 07 TL is still a great car but the miles are really getting up there). A white ASpec is the top contender from what I have read and seen. I think that Acura has finally turned the corner on getting back on track with what made them great.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by quantum7
Sorry....I should have said "much" different vs "any" different. At any rate we do appreciate the information.
Really looking forward to checking it out this summer. It has been a while since I have wanted an Acura (have only owned Acura since 1988 and my current 07 TL is still a great car but the miles are really getting up there). A white ASpec is the top contender from what I have read and seen. I think that Acura has finally turned the corner on getting back on track with what made them great.
Thank you for that.

Yes, I think Acura has turned the corner. My TLX A-Spec is really very nice inside and to drive. For me...I just don't like the push button trans at all.

White is if for us. I have a white/red A-Spec with my name on it....and a white/parchment Advance with my name on it. Now we have to choose once we see one of them. Hope to get lucky and they are both on the lot at the
same time. But, probably won't get that lucky.

My TLX A-Spec is white with the red int. Looks awesome. Wife loves it.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Thank you for that.

Yes, I think Acura has turned the corner. My TLX A-Spec is really very nice inside and to drive. For me...I just don't like the push button trans at all.

White is if for us. I have a white/red A-Spec with my name on it....and a white/parchment Advance with my name on it. Now we have to choose once we see one of them. Hope to get lucky and they are both on the lot at the

Not a fan of the push button trans either.....would prefer and manual, but I actually love the triptronic shifter on my TL. Use it all the time and prefer over paddle shifters. All of my Acuras have been white.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Thank you for that.

Do you know if there will be a white/black A-spec combo? I'm not entirely convinced about the red interior from Acura. I love the rx350 red interior though
Old 05-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I agree. My dealer put my name on an A-Spec and an Advance. I'm on the fence which one to get. I look over the "list of std.features on the Advance" and wonder "what can I do without?" The Interior of the A-Spec in red is amazing...
gauges are cool and much different looking that the Advance's more "benign look." I prefer 19" wheels/tires....so the 20's don't do it for me. Too easy to pop a tire and damage a rim. The A-Spec does have "adequate" features that
would make most anyone happy....I think. So, I'm back and forth. Wife like the red interior...and she like the Advance in white with parchment interior. She's had 2 of those. Each are compelling in their own ways.

Darn Acura...as well as other companies. Generally....no "pick and choose' separate option lists to mix and match what we want and don't want. Those days are long over.

the way I go about these things is to generally look at the mid level trim, and test drive that, and see if it is acceptable. If it is, I go up a trim and see if that is worth it. If the trim is not acceptable, I move up a trim and establish that as the baseline to see if THAT is acceptable, and if so, whether the one above is worth it.

Silly as it sounds, for my wife’s Accord, the EX was not acceptable because we had vastly different seating positions and it had no memory seats. We went to the EX-L for the memory seats, and paid for leather and an upgraded infotainment system, both of which we could have lived without. But not the absence of memory seating.

If I go with the RDX, it seems to me that I would find the tech package trim acceptable, and would determine if the extra stuff in advance is worth it.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by starlord
Do you know if there will be a white/black A-spec combo? I'm not entirely convinced about the red interior from Acura. I love the rx350 red interior though
Yes, as far as I know. And, this is the BEST leather used in RDX's. Milano Premium leather....soft, looks amazing, feels great, etc.
The A-Spec has two interior colors....red and black. The seats have a faux suede inserts that look amazing. The headliner is done in the black faux suede.

I doubt the Lexus has better leather than this new RDX. Same for my '18 TLX A-Spec...white/red....great Milano leather.
The following users liked this post:
starlord (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
I have two separate sets of TPMS sensors for summer and winter on my TLX. If I remember correctly, the sensors will autosync with the vehicle and doesn't need a trip to the dealer. I assume this how it is with all Acura vehicles.
Good to know!

Did you need to get the second set registered/synced at the dealer - or - is there a "learn" feature that allows you to pair them - or - does it just do it with any Acura brand TPMS fitted to the vehicle?
Old 05-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Not going to lie...getting a bit worried now that we won't get to do the A-Spec and advanced together in Canada like we can do with the TLX. Emailed my rep to let me know...will see what he says. I don't know what I would do if i couldn't since my favourite things about the car are the sporty exterior and red interior of the A-Spec and all the tech of the advanced. I'm not sure i'd love the car nearly as much if I had to just choose one! Hopefully he can give me an answer so I can calm down!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:04 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by mattski
Good to know!

Did you need to get the second set registered/synced at the dealer - or - is there a "learn" feature that allows you to pair them - or - does it just do it with any Acura brand TPMS fitted to the vehicle?
I don't believe you have to register the sensors. You can buy the TPMS from say the parts department at your dealer, and then take it to your tire guy to get them installed. Once installed, the vehicle will detect the sensors and then automatically pair them to your car. There is no learn feature, i.e. there isn't a menu or setting you have to select inside your car. Everything is done automatically.
mattski (05-16-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Yes, as far as I know. And, this is the BEST leather used in RDX's. Milano Premium leather....soft, looks amazing, feels great, etc.
The A-Spec has two interior colors....red and black. The seats have a faux suede inserts that look amazing. The headliner is done in the black faux suede.

I doubt the Lexus has better leather than this new RDX. Same for my '18 TLX A-Spec...white/red....great Milano leather.

Milano leather? Coincidentally, I will be in Milan in September, so I could compare leathers. Disappointingly, the leathers I saw in the Dakotas were unlike the Dakota leather in my 5er. I have not been to Corinth, so I cannot comment on their leather, however fine it has been touted to be.

(FWIW, the leathers in Florence have been among the best I have seen outside of Texas. And Texas steak in Texas is far, far better than Steak Florentine in Florence.)

Last edited by Madd Dog; 05-15-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile Tire Sizing

OK, so the Advance comes with 235/55/19's.....those are 29.2" in diam.

The A-Spec has 255/45/20's....those are 29.2" in diam.

Same o same o......So those that have the 20's and don't like them and want 2 sets of wheel/tires.....get Acura 19" wheels and put the 235/55/19's on for more tire between the road and wheel, better ride quality and better for
bad roads.

If you want better quality tires than the OEMS...and the Contis are very low rated on the Advance. I found Michelin has the Premiere LTX tire...a Crossover/SUV Touring tire that is 2nd in that category that would be great.
I'll be looking at those for sure. Kinda expensive, but, a much better tire than the Conti Cross Contact LX Sport, and the Goodyear AS A..if that is on the A-Spec.

Generally any OEM tire are the cheaper, poor ride, noise, grip than what is truly out there to buy. Manufacturers save a ton of money by doing this. OEM tires are just lousy in MOST all vehicles.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

Milano leather? Coincidentally, I will be in Milan in September, so I could compare leathers. Disappointingly, the leathers I saw in the Dakotas were unlike the Dakota leather in my 5er. I have not been to Corinth, so I cannot comment on their leather, however fine it has been touted to be.

(FWIW, the leathers in Florence have been among the best I have seen outside of Texas. And Texas steak in Texas is far, far better than Steak Florentine in Florence.)
Very funny Madd Dog!
Old 05-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
I've had this document for over a week. It's what I've been quoting from to give everyone some info. I specifically answered questions from this doc. But, when it was given to me, I was specifically asked that it be kept between "us."
And I honored that, by not publishing it here. I'm loyal that way. My document is from Acura...and at the top right is says.."CONFIDENTIAL." Why, 'cause Acura in it's ways of doing things was not ready to put in print for the world
what was on the RDX yet. They have a timetable and they have always tried to stick to that...Hondas too. There are many '18's on the lots right now. Right, wrong, indifferent, that's the way Honda Motor Corp has always been.
I know it's been frustrating for most who want one....since some Zone cars are now showing up at dealers for buyers to "look over." Some dealers have gone against what Acura has directed....like not letting the cars be driven at this
stage.....or put on their dealers' web site the very Zone car....owned by Acura....and show it's VIN and making believe that it was "their RDX."

Some dealers follow the rules....obviously other's don't. I'm sure Acura will have something to say to them about that. My dealer follows the rules....whether customers or folks here like it or not. But, then again...they are the #1 Acura
Dealer in their Region each and every year. Hmmm....wonder why. Ethics....ethical....great GM and people he has put together at an amazing new overhauled facility at a cost of over $5M.

Anyway.....when the RDX's are all over the lots and buyers are happy...and Acurazine folks are happy again....you'll all have a laugh at the "ravenous frenzy" over information that always goes on here.
Happened when the 2013 all new RDX was coming out. Crazy stuff.
Yeah, there was no “confidential” or “this is for your eyes only.” It’s so close to wheels-on-lot time, anyway, and Acura is giving cars to reviewers already.

It did sound there a little bit like it was “Acuraleaks,” or something. LOL
Old 05-15-2018, 07:17 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting the info, confidential or not, I mean, all it's going to do is draw attention to something they want to sell you anyway, so who cares?

I just hope that my dealership gets one in for a "show and tell" event so I can go over and check it out in person. I remember when the first RDX arrived, back in 2007, that's how I first discovered the model. Until then I was all TL's.

I will be all in on and Advance when they get here.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:33 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
This is a damn car, not nuclear launch codes. There is nothing secret or confidential about a mass produced automobile. So relax and post what you have until Acura decides to figure out how to make it official.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I got this "Trim Walk" today.

Apple CarPlay is listed as a standard feature but I don't see anything about Android Auto? I thought I had heard in one of the video's or something that both would be available.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:22 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I would likely go with the advance as I want all of those features.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
OK, so the Advance comes with 235/55/19's.....those are 29.2" in diam.

The A-Spec has 255/45/20's....those are 29.2" in diam.

Same o same o......So those that have the 20's and don't like them and want 2 sets of wheel/tires.....get Acura 19" wheels and put the 235/55/19's on for more tire between the road and wheel, better ride quality and better for
bad roads.

If you want better quality tires than the OEMS...and the Contis are very low rated on the Advance. I found Michelin has the Premiere LTX tire...a Crossover/SUV Touring tire that is 2nd in that category that would be great.
I'll be looking at those for sure. Kinda expensive, but, a much better tire than the Conti Cross Contact LX Sport, and the Goodyear AS A..if that is on the A-Spec.

Generally any OEM tire are the cheaper, poor ride, noise, grip than what is truly out there to buy. Manufacturers save a ton of money by doing this. OEM tires are just lousy in MOST all vehicles.
I appreciate the information shared on this thread...far more than any dealerships have offered in my area.

Got it a question for y’all. Will the RDX be equipped with run flat or conventional tires? Looking up the number provided, I can only find a 235/55-R/19 Continental Cross Contact LX Sport tire and it’s a run flat.
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by TxLady
I appreciate the information shared on this thread...far more than any dealerships have offered in my area.

Got it a question for y’all. Will the RDX be equipped with run flat or conventional tires? Looking up the number provided, I can only find a 235/55-R/19 Continental Cross Contact LX Sport tire and it’s a run flat.
Thanks.
Conventional tires.....NO RUN FLATS. Take out the R. Some tires have different configurations and speed ratings also. Some tires are manufactured for a certain vehicle. When you go to Tire Rack they list ALL tires within
the same category.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
GW208 (05-15-2018), TxLady (05-16-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 10:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Wink

Originally Posted by jcardona1
This is a damn car, not nuclear launch codes. There is nothing secret or confidential about a mass produced automobile. So relax and post what you have until Acura decides to figure out how to make it official.
Gee, testy are we? Yes, within corporations they have 'their own" internal documents and memos, etc. And the higher ups and the employees know that. The doc. I had was CONFIDENTIAL as per the very high mgmt. within Acura
and Honda Motor Corp. That's the way it is. You don't like that...complain to them. But, as we all know....some are entrusted to others...and some are outright leaked. Does it bring down the car world as we know it?? Of course not.

But, you are wrong....there are secrets within car companies. There have been cars designed in secret locations within the grounds of a manufacturer that only a handful of employees even knew about...and that has taken place
many times.....within GM, Ford, and many others. Some engineers in the past at GM, when told...NO on a project, secretly went ahead and designed a car...and when the lead engineer thought they really had something, then the "brass"
were taken to the hideaway design area and shown the clay model.

To be "secret" or "confidential" does not have to equal the level of atomic warfare....but, information IS controlled and "marked" as the management sees fit.
I worked at 2 different aircraft manufacturers at a somewhat high level....and I guarantee you there were places I couldn't go...and information that I was not cleared to know. Didn't have a need to know.
AND these were civilian commercial and private aircraft makers....NOT the military.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by GW208
Apple CarPlay is listed as a standard feature but I don't see anything about Android Auto? I thought I had heard in one of the video's or something that both would be available.
It's an all new Android-based operating system. It's Apple CarPlay compatible.

IF you go to the Acura.com web site....and select "Future Vehicles"....open up the '19 RDX...on the first page you will see Acura Press Release. Open it up. There is a lot of info there. I printed it....9 pages. It certainly
doesn't have ALL the info we'd like to have, but, it's one source I've been using.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Red face

Originally Posted by TxLady

Thanks.
Sorry..made an error. The R19 is just a normal designation for "radial 19". The Conti. Cross Contact LX Sport SSR....IS the run flat version. Again, NOT on the RDX's

Run flats are falling out of favor...esp. at BMW. Ride too hard, poor tread wear...when damaged rarely able to fix. Many dump them and put on conv. tires. Infiniti is still going with run flats, but, I hear they are leaning like BMW has
been. Many buyers just take them off and put on conv. tires on their Infinitis.
TxLady (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 12:27 AM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Android Auto

See this info from the recent Cars.com review. Looks like no Android Auto just yet...

Smarter Voice Commands and Smartphone Connectivity

The voice command system has undergone an under-the-radar upgrade, too. Instead of working through menus verbally, it accepts more natural speech commands. Drivers can tell the system things like "I need gas" or "Take me home" and it will figure it out. Testing voice command systems might be my least favorite part of this job, so running into one that doesn't make more of my hair fall out is much appreciated.

Apple CarPlay will be available at launch for the 2019 Acura RDX, but there's a catch. Acura says Apple CarPlay (and Android Auto, by extension) is responsible for how the technology will interact with Acura's hardware. When using CarPlay, the touchpad functions more traditionally; a small blue highlight indicates what icon/function is currently selected, and dragging your finger across the pad moves the highlight. It's a hard system to use while driving and there's a bit of lag that wasn't there with Acura's native system. I would be more inclined to use Acura's built-in system than CarPlay in this integration.

Speaking of Android Auto, Acura says its technology remains still on hold while Google figures out how to integrate with the RDX's new control schematic. My hope is that it comes back with true positioning enabled, because without it, using the system will be difficult as it is with Apple CarPlay.

Acura did confirm that Android Auto will come to the 2019 RDX sometime in 2018. And those who buy an RDX before it's released will get a system update that enables it (Acura isn't yet sure if it will be an over-the-air update or require a trip to the dealership).

Originally Posted by GW208
GW208 (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 01:11 AM
There are four lights!

Fellow Canadians, my dealer (Northwest Acura) posted this comment on their Facebook page:

The official pricing will be released in the first week of June 2018 and we know that there will be 5 equipment package trim levels.

Unofficially, we estimate the MSRP to start at $42000 with the ability to equip the RDX to around $55000.
I’m guessing the 5 trim levels are: Base, Tech, Elite, A-Spec Tech, A-Spec Elite. $55k was what I was expecting for a fully loaded A-Spec, and while it did increase in price, it still undercuts the Germans by quite a bit if we‘re looking at apples to apples content wise.

Last edited by ZipSpeed; 05-16-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:27 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In Canada, the five trims levels are called: Base, Technology, A-SPEC, Elite and Platinum Elite. For the Platinum Elite trim, external colours are White diamond Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Majestic Black Pearl, Obsidian Blue Pearl, Canyon Bronze Metallic and Gunmetal Metallic. The Performance Red Pearl is only for the A-SPEC trim, which comes in some other colours too.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pluton
In Canada, the five trims levels are called: Base, Technology, A-SPEC, Elite and Platinum Elite. For the Platinum Elite trim, external colours are White diamond Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Majestic Black Pearl, Obsidian Blue Pearl, Canyon Bronze Metallic and Gunmetal Metallic. The Performance Red Pearl is only for the A-SPEC trim, which comes in some other colours too.
This is what I was told as well by a random rep. Makes me think they are not following the TLX and we won't be able to get the A-Spec with the Elite
Old 05-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting that they don't offer red in Canada. I would be VERY disappointed if I could not get a top of the line Advance model in Red here in the U.S. The Acura page (https://www.acura.com/future-vehicles) shows what I believe to be an Advance model (given the fitment of the much beloved "flower wheels") with a red that looks the same as the prototype A-spec.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:35 AM
There are four lights!

That sucks I can’t get an Elite A-Spec. I’m going to have to rethink my next purchase as my heart was set on a fully loaded model with the A-Spec bits.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed

That sucks I can’t get an Elite A-Spec. I’m going to have to rethink my next purchase as my heart was set on a fully loaded model with the A-Spec bits.
Exactly. Me too..that's the one I have pre-ordered. May have to cancel it and rethink unless I am pleased enough with the look of the Elite...really wanted the red interior though!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Got an email from the internet sales manager yesterday afternoon saying that the zone model would be there from 9 - 12 today. Just back from seeing it. I left at 10:00 and I was the only person there, surprising. When we walked up a sales guy said don't know when it will get here sometime today. Skipping past him I looked from the guy that sent me the note and fortunately found him. The RDX was in the back getting washed. The zone rep is driving it from dealership to dealership.

I showed him the Trim sheet that has been posted here and ask if he had more details. He said no and that my sheet had color and his didn't. One price point 37.3 for the base model. He pointed out that that was higher than the 18 but the 19 had the sensor package included(that's not the proper name but don't have time to look it up). Pricing will be avail on May 29. He will send me a list of models coming in and avail sound like the first week of June with formal sales starting June 7.

The zone model was the Advanced. Tire size was as has been posted here. He didn't know about different wheels.
The following 2 users liked this post by Boltface:
mattski (05-16-2018), r1ckster (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 10:53 AM
There are four lights!

Originally Posted by SK1124
Exactly. Me too..that's the one I have pre-ordered. May have to cancel it and rethink unless I am pleased enough with the look of the Elite...really wanted the red interior though!
I'll have to wait to see what the A-Spec has for content. I really want the HUD and adaptive dampers, but I can live without the other amenities found on the Elite. I guess if it's not meant to be, it's not and I'll fall back on my second choice, the Audi A4 Allroad.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Had to rush out to a doctor's appointment.

Another couple of observations:

There was a spare tire, mounted under the vehicle similar to the one on my 05 MDX. That was good news but don't know if it's an accessory or standard, probably the former.

I had been concerned about the console which seemed wide. Was that going to take up too much space? I like for my right leg to lean over toward the right. No problem. The upper part of the console is like a bridge with a good amount of space under it. My knee just naturally falls into that space.

Oh, the heads up display. Maybe it was just the showroom but it seemed dim even when I turned it up to max brightness.

My wife likes for the driver's seat to be up very high. No problem.

Basically we had the vehicle to ourselves with the sales manager for about 45 minutes. I was hoping the zone rep would come over but no luck there.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltface
Had to rush out to a doctor's appointment.

Another couple of observations:

There was a spare tire, mounted under the vehicle similar to the one on my 05 MDX. That was good news but don't know if it's an accessory or standard, probably the former.

I had been concerned about the console which seemed wide. Was that going to take up too much space? I like for my right leg to lean over toward the right. No problem. The upper part of the console is like a bridge with a good amount of space under it. My knee just naturally falls into that space.

Oh, the heads up display. Maybe it was just the showroom but it seemed dim even when I turned it up to max brightness.

My wife likes for the driver's seat to be up very high. No problem.

Basically we had the vehicle to ourselves with the sales manager for about 45 minutes. I was hoping the zone rep would come over but no luck there.
Thanks for that observation, that's very good to hear. I've been saying that things like start/stop and push button transmissions are deal breakers for me but I think I can learn to live with those if I like the rest of the car well enough. I would have to draw the line though if I couldn't lean my knee over to the right as I have a bad ankle and would never be comfortable. We sat in a Mazda CX 5 at the car show for just a moment and I thought the huge center console was just awful.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Advanced

I'm not crazy about the push button transmission but I'm sure I'll get use to it.

Our bottom line from this visit was it's a go so far. Next step is the test drive.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:09 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124
In the case of the TLX, the ASpec was a package that came with Tech and Elite models, in the 4 banger and 6. I really cant see Acura changing that with the RDX considering how popular the ASpec TLXs have been here in Canada. Id wait till they hit the showrooms and see because some random salesperson or even a GM wont know much until they get the info and see the vehicles themselves.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by MTD
In the case of the TLX, the ASpec was a package that came with Tech and Elite models, in the 4 banger and 6. I really cant see Acura changing that with the RDX considering how popular the ASpec TLXs have been here in Canada. Id wait till they hit the showrooms and see because some random salesperson or even a GM wont know much until they get the info and see the vehicles themselves.
Unfortunately they have dropped the availability of the 2.4 in Elite or Elite ASpec for 2019, but still offer the ASPEC for the 3.5 in Tech or Elite trim.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt but a commenter on youtube said he seen a 2019 Advance model at a local dealership and that sticker price was $45,500. He also said that MPG was 21 city and 26 highway.

I don’t know how much I trust that person because that $45.5k seems low. But if it really is rated at a dismal 21 city and 26 highway then that’s just awful. What’s the point of moving to the 2.0T and 10AT then?
The following 2 users liked this post by RDX10:
HotRodW (05-18-2018), PanAnna (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 09:33 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RDX10
Take this with a grain of salt but a commenter on youtube said he seen a 2019 Advance model at a local dealership and that sticker price was $45,500. He also said that MPG was 21 city and 26 highway.

I don’t know how much I trust that person because that $45.5k seems low. But if it really is rated at a dismal 21 city and 26 highway then that’s just awful. What’s the point of moving to the 2.0T and 10AT then?
If 26 highway is the best the RDX will offer, I'm out. I drive a lot. I was hoping for more than that.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

I believe at the NY Auto Show they said it was the best mileage for an RDX yet. The 2018 gets 20/28 so I would have to hope the numbers are better than that. It would be lower than my 2014 MDX.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts

Unfortunately, 21/26 sounds spot-on. I was able to pull a snapshot of the back side of a window sticker from the dealer video before it was removed last week. You could see the combined fuel economy was 23. I would expect premium to be required.

RDX10 (05-19-2018)

Quick Reply: A-Spec and Advance Std. features!!