Soon to be owner-A-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soon to be owner-A-Spec

Hey guys, I’ve been creeping on this forum over the past few weeks ever since taking out a RDX aspec our for a test drive and putting a deposit down. Just waiting for dealer to get a apex blue in next week.

I currently drive a 2018 Honda Accord touring (1.5T CVT) .. have had some minor issues with vehicle over the past year of ownership .. HUD plastic piece rubbing against dash when it warms up .. took 5 visits to dealer and finally fixed. Infotainment glitches since the first day of ownership but it resets itself quick enough not to make a big fuss about.

reason I want to trade in the Accord for the RDX is I need something with a little more room for kids and also a little higher ride height. Plus after driving the rdx in sport plus mode made me realize how bland the 1.5T CVT is in the Accord lol.

ive has a few weeks to do some research on here and Facebook group as well and found all the answers I’ve been looking for. I do anticipate some infotainment glitches but that seems to happen with every auto manufacturer.

in hindsight I should’ve purchased a SUV a year ago when I purchased the Accord, but nothing caught my eye other then the CX5 as being sporty etc.

The rdx rdx seems like a great blend of sporty/practicality. I know I will take a hit on gas mileage since I do a lot of driving for work but it’ll be worth the sacrifice for practicality.

anyways just wanted to introduce myself on here and I’m sure to post up some pics after I purchase next week.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:11 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Welcome! I just went (last week) from an '18 CR-V touring to the RDX Advance. Wonderful vehicle.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:30 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 140 Posts
Do you guys typically trade in cars after one year? Just curious as I imagine you may take bath on a trade in after only one year.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7777
Do you guys typically trade in cars after one year? Just curious as I imagine you may take bath on a trade in after only one year.
Not usually, but it was an appropriate time for me to upgrade to a Luxury Crossover. And I got a very good deal on both the RX and the amount given for my CR-V trade in. No, it want an even trade, darn!
Old 02-03-2019, 04:36 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ross7777
I admittedly made a mistake on purchasing the car after needing something more fuel efficient then the truck. After the daily routine of being a pain in ass putting kids in back seat .. banging their heads off ceiling because of low tide height I have to bite the bullet .. put some $$ down to cover negative equity and sleep the RDX for awhile lol
Old 02-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I have white A-Spec RDX I bought at end of November. So far no major complaints and I am enjoying the purchase. There are some minor glitches with the infotainment glitches but usually resolves.