Software Versions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Software Versions

Due to all of the issues I have been having with the Infotainment system, the District Service Manager asked that I bring my vehicle in to check for software updates for all of the modules in the car.

I checked before I dropped it off and the software version on mine showed Version 1.04

The loaner RDX I was given to drive has software version 1.07

Does anyone else have version 1.07 and do you have issues still with the system?

Old 11-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
Due to all of the issues I have been having with the Infotainment system, the District Service Manager asked that I bring my vehicle in to check for software updates for all of the modules in the car.

I checked before I dropped it off and the software version on mine showed Version 1.04

The loaner RDX I was given to drive has software version 1.07

Does anyone else have version 1.07 and do you have issues still with the system?
Mine's also in the shop for all the freezes and lockups. I requested this newest update but I think it's only available on October+ builds.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:19 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
So the plot thickens.. I just received a call from Acura and was told there are TWO different manufacturers for the Infotainment system. Those vehicles manufactured prior to October and those after... The versions of the software are not compatible between systems, so that is why if you have version 1.04, then you have the old manufacturers system. Version 1.07 is for newer systems from the new manufacturer.

Just hope the next software update will be for both systems.
The following users liked this post:
subin (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 03:41 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by meto
so the plot thickens.. I just received a call from acura and was told there are two different manufacturers for the infotainment system. Those vehicles manufactured prior to october and those after... The versions of the software are not compatible between systems, so that is why if you have version 1.04, then you have the old manufacturers system. Version 1.07 is for newer systems from the new manufacturer.

Just hope the next software update will be for both systems.
wtf ?!!!!
Old 11-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Calm down. Newer doesn't automatically mean better. Sometimes, it means cheaper. While it's possible Honda changed manufacturers due to quality issues, it's more plausible that Honda changed to save money. Generally, it's better to stay with the original supplier and have them address any potential quality issues than to start over with a different manufacturer and risk a new set of problems.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
But whatever the underlying cause, those of us who purchased early production 2019 RDXs are potentially stuck with an orphaned infotainment system. In terms of functionality, mine appears to be stable with Version 1.0.4 ( aside from some map update hiccups; my bad for rushing into it ), but I would really like to see some refinement of the navigation software user interface. I think it's half-baked at best.

I have the same problem with our 2014 MDX, which is incompatible with improved software that was retroactively made available for the 2015 model year as a "customer satisfaction campaign". But at least that change happened with a model year change. Don't even get me started on AcuraLink and the deprecated CDMA cellular service it depends upon in our 2014.

This whole "infotainment system" paradigm is a complete mess. It almost makes me yearn for the days of the AM/FM/cassette stereo and the Rand McNally Road Atlas, the latter of which I do, in fact, have semi-permanently installed in my travel vehicle.

<end rant>
Old 11-27-2018, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander
But whatever the underlying cause, those of us who purchased early production 2019 RDXs are potentially stuck with an orphaned infotainment system. In terms of functionality, mine appears to be stable with Version 1.0.4 ( aside from some map update hiccups; my bad for rushing into it ), but I would really like to see some refinement of the navigation software user interface. I think it's half-baked at best.

I have the same problem with our 2014 MDX, which is incompatible with improved software that was retroactively made available for the 2015 model year as a "customer satisfaction campaign". But at least that change happened with a model year change. Don't even get me started on AcuraLink and the deprecated CDMA cellular service it depends upon in our 2014.

This whole "infotainment system" paradigm is a complete mess. It almost makes me yearn for the days of the AM/FM/cassette stereo and the Rand McNally Road Atlas, the latter of which I do, in fact, have semi-permanently installed in my travel vehicle.

<end rant>
Agree that if us “pre October” versions get orphaned that won’t sit to well. I doubt that will happen as they still have to provide the Android Auto update. Another user posted that he had received info that an update was coming “possibly in December” to the 1.0.7 version for those of us on the 1.0.4.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
all that probably means is that the current version of 1.0.7 may be incompatible with the older system, but the newer software updates will probably be made for all versions of the infotainment system. I highly doubt there going to only update the newer production vehicles. That would leave thousands of original production owners very upset. If they have to update a piece of the hardware, I bet Acura will release a service bulletin and anybody will be able to bring in there car under warranty for the update

Also, sometimes customer service doesn't know what there talking about, and will say just about anything to get you off the phone, or sound like they know what there talking about. I've called Customer service before, many different companies, and after I get off the phone, I'll call back 5 minutes later, and the next person that talks to me tells me something else completely different.

Point is, until there is some official word from Acura on the matter, it's just hearsay from anybody else.

Last edited by Silvaccordex01; 11-27-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
I have the 1.0.4 and have not experienced the "lockup" issue. I mainly listens to Sirius and occasionally paired my Samsung S8 to it to take/make calls.
The only minor issue is that when starting up the car with FM/AM, I get the "loading..." message from time to time.