Software Update Status - Android Auto - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Software Update Status - Android Auto

Old 02-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by salty View Post
I've got some potential bad news for the android auto fans out there. My car was built in Dec of 2018, and has software version D.1.1.2. There is no Android Auto icon on the homescreen, but has some other updates (nav zoom) that haven't been seen from what I understand in other threads. I suppose it is possible that the Android Auto icon does not appear until connecting an Android Auto capable phone, but it seems like the lack of icon hints that it will not be in this software release.
So is that it? No Android Auto?

Old 02-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

I use Apple CarPlay for basic hands free phone functions: playing music, send/receiving text, access to contacts and maps.

You do get most of this functionality with some bluetooth/Handfree functions, but not as seamless and easy to use.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

I'm experiencing all these same issues. I regret buying this thing now. Honda really let me down.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

As acura is not giving out much info and claiming google is working on true touchpad integration, it seems asking questions on google forum might get some attention. We can search for "acura rdx" on below webpage and post questions. A few are already there.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!overview
Old 02-15-2019, 09:00 AM

Hello...I bought this one... Belkin F7U017bt Universal Car Vent Mount for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and Most Smartphones up to 5.5 inches (Latest Model) but it does not seem to clip securely onto the vent. I'm wondering if I may not be installing it correctly and if the one you purchased would do any better? Seems like it should be pretty easy to attach. I have the 2019 Acura RDX Advance. Any advice on how to make the one I have work would be much appreciated. If I cannot get this attached securely then I may purchase the one you have and hopefully I will have better luck!
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by run2bfit View Post
Hello...I bought this one... Belkin F7U017bt Universal Car Vent Mount for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and Most Smartphones up to 5.5 inches (Latest Model) but it does not seem to clip securely onto the vent. I'm wondering if I may not be installing it correctly and if the one you purchased would do any better? Seems like it should be pretty easy to attach. I have the 2019 Acura RDX Advance. Any advice on how to make the one I have work would be much appreciated. If I cannot get this attached securely then I may purchase the one you have and hopefully I will have better luck!
The one I bought has two vent clips which makes if very secure (no vibrations). It looks like the Belkin only has one clip, so I'm wondering if that's the issue.

Btw, I just bought another BesTrix clip for my wife's MDX and it works like a charm.