Side panel has a melted hole on drivers door - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Side panel has a melted hole on drivers door

 
Old 02-07-2019, 05:28 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Age: 47
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Side panel has a melted hole on drivers door

my new 2019 Acura - I have made two trips from GA. to NC and both times there is a small hole in the outside drivers door black panel.
it looks like someone put something hot on it and melted a hole in it. I have now taken the car back to dealer twice and no one has a clue why this has happened. Is there anyone out there that has heard of this and knows why it happened??? To me it seems like the long trip could cause it - maybe heat ??? But mechanics say there is no hot wires under that panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Todd Cox is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:36 PM
  #2  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,029
Thanked 5,717 Times in 4,583 Posts
pics?
thoiboi is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:52 PM
  #3  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,578
Thanked 13,806 Times in 10,254 Posts
Yay pics would really help...
perhaps someone was jealous and put out their cigarette?
justnspace is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:05 PM
  #4  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Age: 47
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Melted hole

Originally Posted by Todd Cox View Post
my new 2019 Acura - I have made two trips from GA. to NC and both times there is a small hole in the outside drivers door black panel.
it looks like someone put something hot on it and melted a hole in it. I have now taken the car back to dealer twice and no one has a clue why this has happened. Is there anyone out there that has heard of this and knows why it happened??? To me it seems like the long trip could cause it - maybe heat ??? But mechanics say there is no hot wires under that panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
[img]blob:https://acurazine.com/3d75c087-bb97-4f95-ab6a-61b2ca4c1504[/img]
Todd Cox is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:05 PM
  #5  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Age: 47
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
melted hole ???

[img]blob:https://acurazine.com/f46242ac-47d4-49b1-9d8d-995e5e196ceb[/img]
Todd Cox is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:32 PM
  #6  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,578
Thanked 13,806 Times in 10,254 Posts
you have to host the pictures somewhere. like photobucket, google photos, etc... I believe Acurazine has a photo hosting site, but you have to upload it....

then grab the URL's
justnspace is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 PM
  #7  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Age: 47
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[img]blob:https://acurazine.com/bd859001-7909-4bcc-9cf5-d562f74620d6[/img]
Todd Cox is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Minnesota
Age: 27
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 35 Posts
when I upload pics on here I just click the photo button and upload, not sure why there is an issue
Dereileak is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 12:06 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 646
Thanked 155 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak View Post
when I upload pics on here I just click the photo button and upload, not sure why there is an issue
Sometimes I have to attempt the upload several times before the site posts it. Dunno why.

+1 on the dirtbag with a cigarette theory

But is it exactly the same place each time?
Wander is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:16 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
 
RDX10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,666
Thanked 575 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak View Post
when I upload pics on here I just click the photo button and upload, not sure why there is an issue
I'm assuming he just made the account and new members can't post pictures through here for a certain amount of time. It's been like 5 years since I made my account on here, iirc it was 15 days or a certain number of posts or something like that.
RDX10 is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 08:03 AM
  #11  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Age: 47
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Melted hole

Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Sometimes I have to attempt the upload several times before the site posts it. Dunno why.

+1 on the dirtbag with a cigarette theory

But is it exactly the same place each time?

yes - same spot twice now - crazy!!!
Todd Cox is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Jamus22
Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
5
11-28-2012 05:42 AM
shakedown
4G TL Problems & Fixes
1
07-10-2009 07:30 PM
JCROWN
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
4
08-02-2008 11:31 AM
curls
1G TSX Problems & Fixes
12
07-29-2005 01:31 PM
compguy7
1G TSX Problems & Fixes
6
04-22-2005 01:28 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Side panel has a melted hole on drivers door


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.