AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Running Boards (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/running-boards-975297/)

nylawyer2000 12-02-2018 09:19 AM

Running Boards

Just picked up my RDX A-Spec and having body side molding and splash guards installed tomorrow.

Anybody have the running boards? Where did you get them..and pics would be helpful.

Sleeksi 12-02-2018 10:13 AM

nylawyer2000 12-02-2018 12:05 PM

How much installed?
also..the body side moldings are black? Having Modern Steel matching installed on mine.

nylawyer2000 12-02-2018 12:06 PM

sorry - I guess those aren't the body side moldings. My mistake

Sleeksi 12-02-2018 01:56 PM

It was installed for free with the purchase of the running boards from the dealership. Not sure about yours has to offer, but ask them to install .

nylawyer2000 12-03-2018 09:31 AM

Do you think the running boards protects someone from opening their car door into your car door at all? Do I need both the boards and the body side molding?

bluntman72 12-03-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by nylawyer2000 (Post 16342615)
Do you think the running boards protects someone from opening their car door into your car door at all? Do I need both the boards and the body side molding?

Unless they are driving a really low car, running boards will not prevent door dings. I've had running boards on my previous CUV, the clueless will still find a way to leave a dent in your door.

Coolguy 12-03-2018 10:00 AM

Running boards are for other purpose.. You will need body side molding to prevent dings.

go lakers 02-04-2019 03:19 PM

I just got my new 2019 RDX A-Spec last month with dealer installed running boards. Those running boards look real sharp with the fathom blue pearl color. But those running boards dig into my calf when I get out of my car. Also when it rains, the running boards rubs against my pants and stains them. These running boards became such an irritant that I asked the dealer to have them removed. They charged me an hour of service to have them removed. I was so angry that I just left my running boards at the dealership and told them to give them to anyone who wants them. I call Acura Client Relations about my complaint. They noted they have not had this complaint from any owners and will not reimburse me for this problem. I wonder if any other owners have this same problem with their running boards?

bluntman72 02-04-2019 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by go lakers (Post 16377066)
I just got my new 2019 RDX A-Spec last month with dealer installed running boards. Those running boards look real sharp with the fathom blue pearl color. But those running boards dig into my calf when I get out of my car. Also when it rains, the running boards rubs against my pants and stains them. These running boards became such an irritant that I asked the dealer to have them removed. They charged me an hour of service to have them removed. I was so angry that I just left my running boards at the dealership and told them to give them to anyone who wants them. I call Acura Client Relations about my complaint. They noted they have not had this complaint from any owners and will not reimburse me for this problem. I wonder if any other owners have this same problem with their running boards?

This is normal with running boards. I experienced dirty pant legs every winter with the running boards on my previous Kia Sportage and is the reason why I won't be buying a set for my RDX.

acuraada 02-04-2019 07:46 PM

yes, this is not an Acura specific problem, my MB dealer told me exactly the same thing.

mode360 02-04-2019 09:03 PM

I was actually thinking of installing the running board, because when it snows, a lot of it gets stuck between the door and the bottom of the door sills as you drive through the snow. I figure with the running board, it would prevent that from happening.

acuraada 02-05-2019 08:27 AM

Not sure what you are referring to but I assume you have seen other SUV with running boards that solves the problem?

Either way I think the year round cons out weights the few snow days (atleast in my area)

They do look nice tho.

NooYawkuh 02-05-2019 12:38 PM

If your legs aren't long enough to reach the ground without dirtying your pants, step onto the running board first, then step down. That's what they're for.

I had side steps on my Honda Pilot. I never used them. But side steps look much cooler. Running boards are kinda farty, even the newer ones. They also tend to trap snow and road grit. I'll pass.