Ride quality between Advanced and A-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 07:52 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ride quality between Advanced and A-Spec

Does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference in ride quality/harshness between the Aspec and advanced model? Im assuming the low profile tires on the Aspec would contribute to a more unbalanced ride on rough/irregular pavement, while the advanced with the advanced advanced damper system and higher profile tire would be a bit smoother.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:11 AM
10th Gear

Meant to say “advance adaptive damper system”. Somehow im unable to edit my original post.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantdefy
Does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference in ride quality/harshness between the Aspec and advanced model? Im assuming the low profile tires on the Aspec would contribute to a more unbalanced ride on rough/irregular pavement, while the advanced with the advanced advanced damper system and higher profile tire would be a bit smoother.
Absolutely.

Advanced model:
Comfort mode is like driving on a cloud with increased body roll and less steering response.
Sport & Sport + stiffen everything up alot.

A-Spec:
It is going to feel like sport mode all the time compared to the advance model. So if you like a stiffer ride then you can just go with the A-SPEC. If you want it to feel more like a Cadillac then comfort mode in the Advance is the way to go.

Personally after driving both... I could just live with the A-Spec suspension. But bragging rights would go to the advance.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by deanoatkinson
Absolutely.

Advanced model:
Comfort mode is like driving on a cloud with increased body roll and less steering response.

A-Spec:
It is going to feel like sport mode all the time compared to the advance model. So if you like a stiffer ride then you can just go with the A-SPEC. If you want it to feel more like a Cadillac then comfort mode in the Advance is the way to go.

Personally after driving both... I could just live with the A-Spec suspension. But bragging rights would go to the advance.
Thanks for your perspective. I have a new A-Spec, after owning (3) Gen 2 RDX's....and I love this RDX, but, am "bummed" that the ride is a little more harsh than I expected. Once I really got on to different kinds of roads.
Yes, I drove it before I bought one, but, apparently not on rougher type roads. I do wish that Acura had put the same suspension that's on the Advance. But, overall, I like the A-Spec better. So, I've got to "deal with it."
Wife doesn't mind it....so I guess I better shut up! LOL! But on the "rougher roads" I wish I could switch it to Comfort mode!!
Old 07-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by deanoatkinson
Absolutely.

Advanced model:

A-Spec:

Would you say the Advance in Sport + is softer than the A-Spec on Sport +? I personally like a stiffer ride, anything with a lot of body roll makes me have motion sickness.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by starlord
Would you say the Advance in Sport + is softer than the A-Spec on Sport +? I personally like a stiffer ride, anything with a lot of body roll makes me have motion sickness.
I haven't driven an A-spec, so I can't really compare, but not much body roll in Advance on Sport+. Unless you count the bodies of the passengers being flung against the doors.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by wander
i haven't driven an a-spec, so i can't really compare, but not much body roll in advance on sport+. Unless you count the bodies of the passengers being flung against the doors.
lol my wife constantly hold on to the oh sh*t handle in my Q50
Old 07-16-2018, 11:53 PM
10th Gear

Has anyone here test driven an A Spec over rough roads? Curious how rough the ride would be.