AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   RDX in Seattle,WA (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/rdx-seattle-wa-980124/)

Shivi 06-09-2019 09:14 PM

RDX in Seattle,WA

Hi,

I am from Seattle, WA and I am planning on buying Acura RDX 2020. Has anyone purchased it in this area and if so, do you have any suggestions on dealers to visit for good price/deals?

Thanks,

justnspace 06-09-2019 09:23 PM

email ALL dealers and pit them against each other,mayne.
this is the age of the internet...

DriverOne 06-09-2019 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16437406)
email ALL dealers and pit them against each other,mayne.
this is the age of the internet...

I think I'm terrible at haggling because when I tried doing this with dealers in my area, they didn't care. They gave me a price and then when I said "this guy offered me this," they just said "well, I think you should get it from them, then." They said that the RDX was in pretty high demand, so there was no real need for them to lower the price much. And I actually said "OK" and walked away from them and they didn't care. Not a single dealer later tried to contact me even weeks later to try to get my business back or ask if I pulled the trigger at another dealership. And I wasn't asking for a crazy amount off, either, like "they told me they'd give me $10,000 off." One place literally even wouldn't give me $500 off. (I clearly didn't buy it from them. That was silly.)

Alias1431 06-10-2019 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by DriverOne (Post 16437422)
I think I'm terrible at haggling because when I tried doing this with dealers in my area, they didn't care. They gave me a price and then when I said "this guy offered me this," they just said "well, I think you should get it from them, then." They said that the RDX was in pretty high demand, so there was no real need for them to lower the price much. And I actually said "OK" and walked away from them and they didn't care. Not a single dealer later tried to contact me even weeks later to try to get my business back or ask if I pulled the trigger at another dealership. And I wasn't asking for a crazy amount off, either, like "they told me they'd give me $10,000 off." One place literally even wouldn't give me $500 off. (I clearly didn't buy it from them. That was silly.)

I drove my last car 32 hours home because I found an awesome deal states away. Saved thousands, even accounting for gas/hotel, etc.
I would suggest emailing every single Acura dealer within whatever range you are comfortable driving back home from. Forget all the details they throw at you to obfuscate the true price; just request the total, out-the-door price. Give it a week, then send a follow-up email to all other dealers with the best price seen so far. Offer them the chance to beat that deal. After that, simply buy the car from the dealer with the best offer. The best way to negotiate is with an ultimatum.

DHood 06-10-2019 08:51 AM

I am Seeing the same Thing.

Originally Posted by DriverOne (Post 16437422)

I do not think you are bad at haggling, The Automotive Industry seems to be fairly good right now, and I do not think the Manufacturers OR the Dealers are as hungry as they used to be. These days I do not see the Zero Financing around as much, nor do I see as much advertising as I used to. I agree the Dealers are staying pretty firm on their Bottom Line. I think it will stay that way until we have an "Economic Downturn"/Recession again.

Just my observation and two cents worth.

DavidH

OliveBread 06-10-2019 09:00 AM

I bought from Acura of Bellevue they were good. Acura of Seattle and Lynnwood were bad. I heard Hinshaw is good, but they are a bit far.

mrgold35 06-10-2019 09:24 AM

I would check with your bank or if your are a Costco or Sams member to use the car buying services. You can join Costco for $60 a year online to save $3000-$4500 on a car purchase. I did Costco and USAA Federal Savings Bank and they both offered $4000-$4500 off MSRP. No haggling (which I hate to do also). USAA gave me the bigger discount and additional % points off financing if I went with them. The only downside was the Acura dealership in town wasn't part of the USAA car buying service; but, part of the Costco program. The closest dealerships to the USAA car buying service was 7-8 hours away from Albuquerque in Denver and Boulder, CO. The Albuquerque dealership went ahead and met the USAA price and gave me cheaper financing than USAA to saved me from an overnight trip to Colorado.

Much easier to get the price you want if you use a car buying service, already have financing, cash down payment, and no trade in. Bad financing terms/% and/or low ball trade in value is where a lot of dealerships make back their $$$ if you get a good price on a new vehicle.