AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Radio Stays On with Ignition OFF (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/radio-stays-ignition-off-978710/)

EE4Life 04-12-2019 09:07 PM

Radio Stays On with Ignition OFF

See the following April 2019 Acura Tech Line Summary Article:

BTS190401
Radio Stays On with Ignition OFF
Affected Vehicles: 2019 RDX - ALL
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BTS190401.PDF
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p.../BTS190401.PDF

KK689 04-15-2019 07:52 PM

Yay! This has happened to me twice so hopefully it’ll be out soon!

mbhalpern 04-15-2019 07:57 PM

My 2019 RDX Tech does this but shuts off as soon as the driver's door is opened.

KK689 04-15-2019 08:03 PM

Lucky! Mine stays on usually for the next 12-24 hours 😂

Wander 04-16-2019 12:49 AM

Gotta cut back on the Red Bull.

:twiggie:

NooYawkuh 04-16-2019 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by mbhalpern (Post 16411847)
My 2019 RDX Tech does this but shuts off as soon as the driver's door is opened.

I'm not sure if you're joking but I think it's supposed to do that. That's what mine does. Shut off the engine, it goes into accessory mode - navigation and audio stay on. Press START/STOP again, or open the driver's door, and everything goes off.

guytdt 04-16-2019 10:30 AM

The radio is stay on after engine turned off and it is off until you open the door. However, a few times, it still stays on when I open the door. I have to turn the engine back on and then turn off again.

NooYawkuh 04-16-2019 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh (Post 16411945)
I'm not sure if you're joking but I think it's supposed to do that. That's what mine does. Shut off the engine, it goes into accessory mode - navigation and audio stay on. Press START/STOP again, or open the driver's door, and everything goes off.

Hmm, seems the audio and nav won't shut off with the START/STOP button. I thought it would. It just goes between Accessories Mode and ON. The infotainment system only shuts down completely when I open the door, and the seat moves back.

oblio98 04-16-2019 10:15 PM

I can't tell you how many times when I first got the car I would get to a destination, turn off the car, collect my stuff then subconsciously go to turn the car off again (because my brain still heard the radio) only to turn it back on! That drove me nuts until I finally got used to it.

Coolguy 04-17-2019 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh (Post 16412393)
Hmm, seems the audio and nav won't shut off with the START/STOP button. I thought it would. It just goes between Accessories Mode and ON. The infotainment system only shuts down completely when I open the door, and the seat moves back.

Its logical, IMHO. My 2019 RDX does the same and it makes sense.

JB in AZ 04-17-2019 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by oblio98 (Post 16412421)
I can't tell you how many times when I first got the car I would get to a destination, turn off the car, collect my stuff then subconsciously go to turn the car off again (because my brain still heard the radio) only to turn it back on! That drove me nuts until I finally got used to it.

What's odd to me, is that all of the cars I have owned in the last 10 years or so have had "retained power" when the IGN is shut off EXCEPT the '18 Honda CR-V! It is a wonderful feature that allows one to keep listening to the audio (or rolling down a window) when sitting in the car waiting for the better half to run into a store, etc...

sunnyflower 07-04-2019 12:58 PM

Is there a way to turn off this feature?

I really don't like it. When I press the ignition off button, I want everything off (like it used to be with my 2016 RDX). It's my time to think and gather myself, my belongings, etc. I checked the settings and didn't see anything.

JB in AZ 07-04-2019 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by sunnyflower (Post 16448392)
I really don't like it. When I press the ignition off button, I want everything off (like it used to be with my 2016 RDX). It's my time to think and gather myself, my belongings, etc. I checked the settings and didn't see anything.

Open the driver's door for a second, it will then go off.

samiam_68 07-04-2019 02:10 PM

It really is a stupid "feature". I'm starting to see it on some other brands, like Subaru. Things like retained power to close the windows that you may have forgotten while the car was still on are smart and useful. But why would anyone want to keep listening to music while they are getting out of the car is beyond me.

JB in AZ 07-04-2019 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16412596)
What's odd to me, is that all of the cars I have owned in the last 10 years or so have had "retained power" when the IGN is shut off EXCEPT the '18 Honda CR-V! It is a wonderful feature that allows one to keep listening to the audio (or rolling down a window) when sitting in the car waiting for the better half to run into a store, etc...

Originally Posted by samiam_68 (Post 16448422)
It really is a stupid "feature". I'm starting to see it on some other brands, like Subaru. Things like retained power to close the windows that you may have forgotten while the car was still on are smart and useful. But why would anyone want to keep listening to music while they are getting out of the car is beyond me.

And yet, just open the door, and like magic, the radio stops. Others like that it stays on, as i posted above.

samiam_68 07-04-2019 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16448429)
And yet, just open the door, and like magic, the radio stops. Others like that it stays on, as i posted above.

I don't want to open the door. I don't want to perform any extra actions. I want to turn the car off. Off means off.

DriverOne 07-04-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by samiam_68 (Post 16448422)

Many of these features are felt to make things easier for the driver. I'm not saying they do or do not, I'm just saying there was a reason for it. In the past, certain cars had their lights stay on for a few minutes after people left and then they would shut off. I remember I would tell people "oh, your lights are on" and they would look at me weird and say "yeah, i know, my car does that." Eventually, I learned to stop telling people. I guess the manufacturers wanted to leave them on for a few minutes because they figured people could use the lights to see as they walked away. The RDX (and I'm sure other cars) has lights that stay on until after you open and close the driver door. I don't know why they don't just turn off when the ignition goes off, but the fact that they go off on their own is convenient. The radio, on the other hand, is more understandable. If you turn off the car, sometimes you're still in it collecting things or checking your phone and meanwhile you still can hear music or news or a podcast. I really like that. And it turns off automatically when you get out. I don't know why that would bother anyone. You get used to not turning it off within a week, at most.

Midnight Mystery 07-04-2019 05:47 PM

GM does this and have been for nearly 20 years...