Prospective New Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:15 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prospective New Member

Hello group.
Not an owner yet thinking and getting prices for now at local dealers 2019 RDX AWD tech package any one have any regrets, issues, seem a lot of problems posted so far getting cold feet
Old 01-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies, and not a "New Member Introduction", this thread has been moved to the model specific forum.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I have no issues with mine that give me any regrets. I quite enjoy driving mine every day with over 8k miles on it.

Most happy owners don't come here and post about how much they love their vehicle. Typically, those with problems will post looking for help, to report bugs or to let others know how unhappy they are with thier purchase.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
I love my A-Spec Tech Pkg!! Even with the minor bugs that pop up occassionally.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Welcome.

If happy owners don't posts then the forum should be a dead one. And it is the "unhappy" members sharing problems that will help you when checking out the vehicles. I suggest you head over to the sticky problems and fixes. You will find commonality and issues to look for when taking delivery. Extra details that you may not be aware of while test driving and etc. Everyone has different tolerance to issues and financial comfort level on where you put your money.

Good luck and may you find this forum informative to your decision.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
"Prospective New Member", I like that! Welcome to AZ!
Old 01-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by stbmoe
Hello group.
Not an owner yet thinking and getting prices for now at local dealers 2019 RDX AWD tech package any one have any regrets, issues, seem a lot of problems posted so far getting cold feet
Not an owner yet either. Also thinking about it. Be sure to check out this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-...moment-973646/
Old 01-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
I am about 90% happy with my RDX A-Spec AWD. I did took it for a 4-day 1,200 miles road trip and came home safe and sound without any mechanical issue with the RDX. During the trip, I did experience infotainment issue with navigation failed and needed to stop the car for about 15 minutes and restarted to recover. Going to the dealer this weekend to check out a couple of rattling sound (did not happen during my test drive), and see if they have any idea on fixing the squeaky and grabbing noise brakes.

Yes, do spent some time driving the car and check for any issues listed here https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/
Check for both interior and exterior fit and finish. The infotainment system would take much longer to test out completely, so if you are satisfy with the rest of the car, just pick and try out a few features that you most care about with the infotainment system and see if those meet your needs.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I have a Tech, and as a car, I think it is great. Some of the infotainment features don’t work as well or as smoothly as I would like. The only mild disappointment I have with the car aspect is that the gas mileage is less than I want it to be. The sticker gives 21-23-27. I generally get no more than 21 altogether, and sometimes less. It is a mere nit to pick, but that just goes to show how satisfied I am with the way the car drives. All the modern driving aids work well.

It is the infotainment system that is glitchy, and the nav system is not good for anything other than as a moving map for the car. So I use Waze if I actually need to navigate somewhere. No biggie. The sound system is great, and the Advance and Aspec is even better.
The following users liked this post:
subin (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll add my two cents here as well. I F***ING love my RDX. It's has pep, the interior is stunning, sound is great, plenty of room and storage compared to others I looked at and the price was where I wanted it. I was comparing the RDX with the XC60 and I just couldn't justify spending $5-10k more on the XC60 for what I got with the RDX. People have mentioned on here the glitches with the infotainment system and I have them as well, but never anything that required me having to pull over or anything and it happens once in a blue moon for me. I think some of the problems were addressed in the latest update. But none of the infotainment issues have overshadowed my love for my car. I sometimes try to find places to go just so I can drive somewhere in it heh.
The following 3 users liked this post by _korangar:
B25Nut (01-09-2019), GW208 (01-09-2019), Stew4HD (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by _korangar
I'll add my two cents here as well. I F***ING love my RDX. It's has pep, the interior is stunning, sound is great, plenty of room and storage compared to others I looked at and the price was where I wanted it. I was comparing the RDX with the XC60 and I just couldn't justify spending $5-10k more on the XC60 for what I got with the RDX. People have mentioned on here the glitches with the infotainment system and I have them as well, but never anything that required me having to pull over or anything and it happens once in a blue moon for me. I think some of the problems were addressed in the latest update. But none of the infotainment issues have overshadowed my love for my car. I sometimes try to find places to go just so I can drive somewhere in it heh.
In the 7 months I have had mine, I had to pull over just once to restart the RDX due to the infotainment system lockup. That was after I had tried to use the Link button to contact Acura to start my Acuralink subscription. after hanfing up from the Acuralink call. I had no audio at all. I pulled over, restarted the car and it was back to normal... well, normal for the RDX.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
We use the RDX as our beater, and I have to say, as far as beaters go, it’s really quite nice. Aside from the sporty looks, all the creature comforts and reasonably peppy performance, I was able to transport 2 sets (thats 8 wheels/tires) of wheels/tires with the rear seats folded down yesterday. Didn’t even need to use the front passenger seat for that. Saved me a lot of time.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
I've had nine Hondas and one Acura. Unfortunately, my first Acura had more problems than my nine Hondas combined. I'm pickier than the average person and my RDX seemed to have every problem others have complained about on this forum and then some. After 3-1/2 months, I couldn't stand it anymore and went back to Honda. I refuse to drive around in a rough-shifting vehicle with a buggy infotainment system while waiting for Acura to come up with a solution.