Notices

Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Old 05-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plano Davis McDavid great to do business with

Originally Posted by idgystinks View Post
Hey I am using USAA buying service in Fort Worth and Hiley acura shows $6000 off howwever when you get down and dirty with them they say that is the lease price and include military and loyalty. So BE CAREful with those clowns. Very shady. The Plano David McDavid actually gives a written quote with no tricks.

My results are about if you buy are $3000 off plus any loyalty and military etc. The lease cash is $2375 and I am tempted to simply lease then buy out later. You do eat an acquition fee in that case. In OK you do not pay tax again on a leased car you buy.
Dec 2018 leased two 2019 RDX's. Wondeful people to do business with.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just special ordered a Modern Steel A-Spec. Best I could do was get the dealer to cover TTL. Paid exactly sticker price out the door. The did give me $1000 more on my trade than I could get elsewhere.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

I finally got an Advance SH-AWD this weekend.

MSRP 48,395
Accessories 1,070
Extras 695
total 50,160

I paid $47,594 Out the door. No sales tax in my state until you register it within 30 days. And they threw in free oil changes and tire rotations for life. I also financed with Acura so that got like 750 off. I really worked this deal and had 5 dealers competing against each other. I think this is absolute best deal in my area (Midwest USA).

More than I thought I would pay but I love the car and Im good with it. Good luck people. The advance package seems to be harder to come by. My dealer is a large dealership with over 60 RDXs in stock. But only 2 with AWD and the advance package.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 RDX dealer loaner

We paid 34k out the door with 5100 miles on it. The car was sold to us as a certified pre opened warranty I think we got a pretty good deal car is immaculate.
The following 2 users liked this post by NY12569:
A4toTL (05-07-2019), acuraada (05-12-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am getting the same price on a FWD Tech lease from two different dealers in Central Florida:

MSRP: $41,495
Discount: $6,880
Conquest: $1,000
Adjusted Price: $33,714

This is not including tax, registration and fees which are the standard costs from both dealers (no hidden mark-ups).

Just trying to decide on color before I finalize the deal. Prices are discounted a lot more than I expected!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Conhfl View Post
I am getting the same price on a FWD Tech lease from two different dealers in Central Florida:

IMO - excellent offers. I paid about $2000 more in the DFW area a few weeks ago.
The following users liked this post:
Conhfl (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

This is not including tax, registration and fees which are the standard costs from both dealers (no hidden mark-ups).

Just trying to decide on color before I finalize the deal. Prices are discounted a lot more than I expected!
Sounds really low! Guess they are motivated to get rid of the '19s as the '20s are arriving.

Please post back after the deal to confirm if there was any "funny business" with pricing at the end, and to post a picture of your new ride!.

Last edited by JB in AZ; 05-14-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi!! I am trying to help my Mama get into something (RDX or TLX) since her lease is up. Can you share the dealer? My local one says they can't touch it. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-17-2019, 04:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Quote on a 2019 RDX with AWD ( No Tech )

I am being offered the 2019 RDX w/ AWD for 35K before taxes and fees. Brand new, 1 mile. Fees are reasonable.
The MSRP on this car is 40,395.
Sound OK?
Thanks
Len
Old 05-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Received the following offers via email from a DFW-area dealer:
If you are leasing:
- Up to $8,500 off the all-new Acura RDX's
On a purchase:
- Up to $6,700 off the all-new Acura RDX's

Fine Print:
Must finance/Lease with Acura Financial to receive all discounts. RDX/MDX must qualify for Loyalty/Conquest incentive. Offers expire May 18th, 2019. On approved credit with Acura Financial for all offers. All special pricing ends Monday, May 18th, 2019.
Hope this helps someone's negotiations.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by CENG1 View Post

If you are leasing:
On a purchase:

Fine Print:
Must finance/Lease with Acura Financial to receive all discounts. RDX/MDX must qualify for Loyalty/Conquest incentive. Offers expire May 18th, 2019. On approved credit with Acura Financial for all offers. All special pricing ends Monday, May 18th, 2019.

At almost $2000 extra off if you lease, is there any reason not to do a one pay lease then immediately buy out the lease if you were going to pay cash anyways? How much are the leasing fees?
Old 05-19-2019, 03:29 PM
2019 Ridgeline RTL-E

Received 132 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by CENG1 View Post

If you are leasing:
On a purchase:

Fine Print:

Beware these types of offers. $6,700-$8,500 off of a $40K vehicle that has been marked up to $45K with junk charges (doc fees, protection plans, warranties, maintenance plans, tint, nitrogen, accessories, market adjustments) is absolutely worthless.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:23 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
Sounds really low! Guess they are motivated to get rid of the '19s as the '20s are arriving.

Please post back after the deal to confirm if there was any "funny business" with pricing at the end, and to post a picture of your new ride!.
Completed the deal this weekend. Everything as expected. They included the protection packages (all weather mats, cargo tray, wheel locks) and just the standard local dealer fee, acquisition fee, filing fee, registration and taxes. I ended up getting the white with parchment interior and love it.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bamagirl77 View Post
Hi!! I am trying to help my Mama get into something (RDX or TLX) since her lease is up. Can you share the dealer? My local one says they can't touch it. Thanks in advance!!
I received this offer from Fountain Acura in Orlando, as well as Coggin in Ft Pierce. I called several others and also got the story that they couldnt match the price. I think it could depend on how many 19s they have left and how close they are to monthly sales incentives.
Bamagirl77 (05-20-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 07:12 PM

2019 RDX AWD ASpec Black on Black

MSRP $46895

I paid $41950 and they gave me wheel locks and all weather floor mats ... no trade in cash deal. I kept my 2015 RDX as a "spare" car to be used by my college age stepson when home on breaks, etc.

I negotiated with 5 dealers via email offers until it got down to 2 then the final "winner".

Made the final deal April 30 after 8 days of back and forth.

I also got them to sell me the D80 extended warranty (96 months 100K 0 deductible) for $1675 after we made the deal on the car. Which was a couple bucks under an online dealer offering the warranties. The "list" price on that warranty according to the dealer was $3400. So look how much they make on that to the unsuspecting.

This was the smallest dealership of the 5, an "independent". I had bought 4 other Acuras new over the last 12 years from another dealer who dropped out at "invoice".

I've seen certified used priced higher than my buy price.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by IM542 View Post

MSRP $46895

I paid $41950 and they gave me wheel locks and all weather floor mats ... no trade in cash deal. I kept my 2015 RDX as a "spare" car to be used by my college age stepson when home on breaks, etc.

I negotiated with 5 dealers via email offers until it got down to 2 then the final "winner".

I also got them to sell me the D80 extended warranty (96 months 100K 0 deductible) for $1675 after we made the deal on the car. Which was a couple bucks under an online dealer offering the warranties. The "list" price on that warranty according to the dealer was $3400. So look how much they make on that to the unsuspecting.

This was the smallest dealership of the 5, an "independent". I had bought 4 other Acuras new over the last 12 years from another dealer who dropped out at "invoice".

Why wouldn't you just take that $1675 and invest it. You wouldn't touch it until after year 4, and more than likely from year 5 through 8 you wouldn't come anywhere near spending your repair fund.
It's a crap shoot yes, but I just traded a 9 year old Mercedes that cost me zero dollars out of pocket in 9 years other than tires and battery.
They tried to sell me the extended warranty on my 2019 RDX also, but I wouldn't bite. I never have, and I've owned many new cars.
It's a personal choice, and I'm sure it gives you peace of mind, but I just can't get myself to give them that much money. I guess I have more faith in their cars than they do
robnalex (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 192 Likes on 123 Posts

MSRP $46895

Can I ask where you are located. The dealers in my area are not very interested in doing much bargaining. Also looking for an ASPEC SHAWD
Good luck and enjoy!
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Yep- We were among the unsuspecting when we bought our RDX - Tech Package on May 11. We keep our cars a long time (still have my 2001 CL-S and wife still has her 2003 Saab) and given all the electrical/electronics in this car, we let them sell us a 10-year/100K/$200 deductible CNA plan for $2,887. We just hadn't done our homework on extended "warranties". I called the Dealer two days ago and canceled that plan. The refund will be credited to the principal balance of our car loan since it was financed. I'm planning on purchasing the D80 Acura Care from Hyannis Honda for $1,705. Honda
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just bought last week a 2019 a spec shawd apex blue for 41673 before ttl.
emailed all local dealers in Connecticut and best offer was from dealer in auburn mass. no dealers in Connecticut could match the price.
if anyone needs the contact for the dealership i am more than willing to give you that info.
quantum7 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lend27 View Post
Why wouldn't you just take that $1675 and invest it. You wouldn't touch it until after year 4, and more than likely from year 5 through 8 you wouldn't come anywhere near spending your repair fund.
It's a crap shoot yes, but I just traded a 9 year old Mercedes that cost me zero dollars out of pocket in 9 years other than tires and battery.
They tried to sell me the extended warranty on my 2019 RDX also, but I wouldn't bite. I never have, and I've owned many new cars.
It's a personal choice, and I'm sure it gives you peace of mind, but I just can't get myself to give them that much money. I guess I have more faith in their cars than they do
Simple. Did you notice all the technology involved in these new cars? ONE computer goes bad it's easily over the cost of the warranty. I'll keep this at least 10 years if not longer.

The 2007 RDX Tech I bought new had the NAV DVD, a battery, and the starter go all covered under extended warranty. The DVD player alone was $800 ... in 2014. That warranty I believe cost me like $700 at the time.

$1675 is peanuts compared to the cost of replacing some of these components years from now. You're right ... it's arbitrage and risk mitigation. I'm 62 in October and have had dozens of cars over the years new and used. Always done my own maintenance, etc etc etc. But the days of repairing some of these vehicles in your garage on your own are over let alone the cost of the components that fail.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
Can I ask where you are located. The dealers in my area are not very interested in doing much bargaining. Also looking for an ASPEC SHAWD
Good luck and enjoy!
Yes indeed southeast Pennsylvania.

The dealer in New Castle Delaware was very aggressive but there would have been the added expense of me getting the car inspected in Pa., etc. He had one sitting there

The dealer who sold me mine is in Limerick, Pa. They did not have the car, they had to go find one it came out of New Jersey.

Runner up was the dealer In Lancaster, Pa who also had one there.

Apparently it was hard to find the Black/Black interior. Most of the ones I saw had the red seats. I preferred the grey but they only come with the red seats.

BTW, awesome car I love it so far. Gets a lot of compliments too!
quantum7 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jpxvboi9x View Post
just bought last week a 2019 a spec shawd apex blue for 41673 before ttl.
emailed all local dealers in Connecticut and best offer was from dealer in auburn mass. no dealers in Connecticut could match the price.
if anyone needs the contact for the dealership i am more than willing to give you that info.
That's a great deal.

Apparently the black is "$400" extra. "Premium color"

That was stuck in the craw of the dealers I was negotiating with.

First one I test drove was a blue one. Very nice!
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes I was charged the extra 400 for the premium color as well hence my original quote was 41273 but then they stuck me with the 400 for the blue. oh well still a great deal in my eyes and I also to do love the car.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Yes indeed southeast Pennsylvania.

The dealer in New Castle Delaware was very aggressive but there would have been the added expense of me getting the car inspected in Pa., etc. He had one sitting there

The dealer who sold me mine is in Limerick, Pa. They did not have the car, they had to go find one it came out of New Jersey.

Runner up was the dealer In Lancaster, Pa who also had one there.

Apparently it was hard to find the Black/Black interior. Most of the ones I saw had the red seats. I preferred the grey but they only come with the red seats.

BTW, awesome car I love it so far. Gets a lot of compliments too!

Interesting, as i live very close to that Limerick dealer and i know for a fact they had a Black aspec with a black interior on the lot because i test drove it last week.
I was negotiating for a silver one which they did not have but have since postponed my purchase for now. you actually got a little better price than what i was quoted for the silver one so i think you got a great deal, especially with the throw ins. Congratulations!

after posting i realized the black one they have is probably their 'Demo' thats why they had to find another. I did not pay attention to how many miles were on it when i drove it because it wasnt the one i was interested in.

Just curious... who did you deal with at the dealer there? not sure if you are allowed to say or not. if not, thats ok.

Last edited by Tomshark; Yesterday at 10:30 AM. Reason: additional
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 192 Likes on 123 Posts
Thanks for the reply to my PM. I tried to reply back but for some reason I can type the message but can not send the message.
I really appreciate the feedback. My dealers in CT had no interest in dealing, so I am very happy to go across state line and save a bunch of money.
I will try again to reply later since I wanted to ask about out of state tax and registration process...how much of a hassle was it.
thanks again! And enjoy the car!
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

2019 base awd, ... 40,395.... $35,500 after discounts , good deal?
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tomshark View Post
Interesting, as i live very close to that Limerick dealer and i know for a fact they had a Black aspec with a black interior on the lot because i test drove it last week.
I was negotiating for a silver one which they did not have but have since postponed my purchase for now. you actually got a little better price than what i was quoted for the silver one so i think you got a great deal, especially with the throw ins. Congratulations!

after posting i realized the black one they have is probably their 'Demo' thats why they had to find another. I did not pay attention to how many miles were on it when i drove it because it wasnt the one i was interested in.

Just curious... who did you deal with at the dealer there? not sure if you are allowed to say or not. if not, thats ok.
Laine Allen. My car had 26 miles on it when we picked it up. They definitely had to find it because I finalized the deal on April 30 and didn't pick it up until May 7th. The car arrived at Limerick May 6.

Jones Acura in Lancaster was very agressive but dropped out at $42000 no extras. I couldn't believe Piazza in West Chester where I had purchased 4 new acuras couldn't come close. Same "internet" sales person I had dealt with for years. She told me they were out at invoice.

Montgomeryville and Davis wouldn't negotiate over email insisted I come in. No thanks.