Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:27 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ross7777
Congrats to those of you getting great deals like these, I'm jealous. I think I'm throwing in the towel, I like the RDX but I'm not willing to pay the premiums in this area. This has been far too much effort for very little headway.
Three months ago the pricing of Chicago was basically MSRP. Now you can see the trend. I was willing to drive all the way out to Pohanka if I was going to save a couple thousand. Minneapolis isn’t that far. I bet you could get a flight for 100 bucks and save thousands on a car if you really want an RDX. You should definitely consider it if you really want the car. I can tell you I have done the legwork for you!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Taze2019

After much help on this website I negotiated a deal in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago at Arlington Acura for in advance all wheel drive for $44,806. My out the door was $47554 with a $6k trade plus $3k down. I worked with the Internet sales manager who is willing to beat any price I got out there by $500. In the end I worked with the sales associate Cesar. He was a very good guy. I requested pricing from every dealer in Chicago and three were very close and pricing. I could’ve waited until this week to try to get a better deal but I bought my car two weeks ago

Congrats @Taze2019 but I am not sure I am following the math:

1. You negotiated $44,806
2. Got $6K for your trade which takes the price down to $38,806
3. Put down another $3K which takes the price down to $35,806
4. You say the OTD price was $47,554???

What am I missing here as we all know that taxes, title, tags and dealer fees aren't $11,748. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2018, 08:08 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Great thread. Looking to get a ASpec AWD White with Red for the wife sometime next year to replace her 08 CRV, I would guess around Spring. I'm in MD seems most are getting decent deals, closest dealers to me are Criswell in Annapolis and Tischer in Laurel. I will probably go through USAA as we are members to see about additional discounts.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:08 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jbaum
I'm with you, I'd like to get that same price. Any feeling if late december or January will make a difference?
I’ve always heard deals in late December are better because they are trying to meet/boost their annual numbers which run on the calendar year.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by cherplex
Great thread. Looking to get a ASpec AWD White with Red for the wife sometime next year to replace her 08 CRV, I would guess around Spring. I'm in MD seems most are getting decent deals, closest dealers to me are Criswell in Annapolis and Tischer in Laurel. I will probably go through USAA as we are members to see about additional discounts.
Probably worth contacting Pohanka too since they do a lot of volume and tend to give high discounts.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by skarface
Probably worth contacting Pohanka too since they do a lot of volume and tend to give high discounts.
Yep Pohanka and Radley had given me the best quotes..Tischer wasnt even in the ballpark...but maybe they would have matched....but I wasnt fond of the service there..1) Sales manager laughed at me when I said I expected a new car to have very little miles on it 2) sales guy argued with me about Android Auto..he said it has ALWAYS had it....no.....and he answered his phone on the test drive multiple times.... Building is brand new though....
Old 12-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by flames9
Yep Pohanka and Radley had given me the best quotes..Tischer wasnt even in the ballpark...but maybe they would have matched....but I wasnt fond of the service there..1) Sales manager laughed at me when I said I expected a new car to have very little miles on it 2) sales guy argued with me about Android Auto..he said it has ALWAYS had it....no.....and he answered his phone on the test drive multiple times.... Building is brand new though....
Thanks in doing some quick research through USAA, Pohanka did come up as one of their preferred dealers.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:32 AM
Racer

Thanks in doing some quick research through USAA, Pohanka did come up as one of their preferred dealers.
if u look on here..you should be able to get a better price than what USAA offers (which I believe is just thru truecar) I know the 44500 for the Advance model I got quoted on by Pohanka at the end of Oct was lower. Believe as well others have gotten it lower than 44.....
Old 12-27-2018, 08:58 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by securityguy
Congrats @Taze2019 but I am not sure I am following the math:

1. You negotiated $44,806
2. Got $6K for your trade which takes the price down to $38,806
3. Put down another $3K which takes the price down to $35,806
4. You say the OTD price was $47,554???

What am I missing here as we all know that taxes, title, tags and dealer fees aren't $11,748. Thanks!
I guess mentioning what I put down wasn’t really necessary other than the $6k. The tax I paid was on $38,806 since I had a $6k trade, the rest was tags, doc etc, make sense now? I was trying to keep it simple but muddied it up anyway! The bottom line I was trying to get across was you can get this car for $44,806 by making one phone call. Hope this helps anyone who has been looking like I was for several months
The following users liked this post:
acuraada (12-31-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 09:08 AM
8th Gear

$47,554 Total. My tax rate was 6.25%. I was targeting a total price of 47,000 based on what I saw on this site so I didn’t complain getting this price and not having to travel more than an hour or so to this dealer! Happy hunting!
Old 12-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by flames9
if u look on here..you should be able to get a better price than what USAA offers (which I believe is just thru truecar) I know the 44500 for the Advance model I got quoted on by Pohanka at the end of Oct was lower. Believe as well others have gotten it lower than 44.....
Thanks, I will definitely dig deeper into this thread in regards to pricing.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Racer

Thanks, I will definitely dig deeper into this thread in regards to pricing.
I bought our 2011 Honda CRV from Pohanka Honda....great service and price.....Always nice when another salesman calls u back and asks the price you paid (which I normally do not tell them).....you tell them....and they call you a liar, lol Good luck
Old 12-27-2018, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Interested 2019 RDX

Great! I am also interested in an A-spec AWD, white with red leather. I live in New Mexico. Has anyone on here dealt with Montano Acura in the Albuquerque area?
Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 PM
4th Gear

Smile RDX 2019 FWD with advanced package price?

Great forum thread! I have been following this thread and it has definitely helped with my research on the pricing of the RDX.
I have been looking into purchasing the RDX 2019 FWD with advanced package for 43,500 OTD. Do ya think that price it out of reach?
Truecar had it listed average pricing at 43.356 2 weeks ago, I checked today and it showed 42.627.
Don't know how accurate this is but they showed me the vehicle invoice, which seem to be different at each dealership.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes...I do think that $43,500 OTD is out or reach for an Advance...just MPO but shoot for the stars my friend!
knowgood87 (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by knowgood87
Great forum thread! I have been following this thread and it has definitely helped with my research on the pricing of the RDX.
I have been looking into purchasing the RDX 2019 FWD with advanced package for 43,500 OTD. Do ya think that price it out of reach?
Truecar had it listed average pricing at 43.356 2 weeks ago, I checked today and it showed 42.627.
Don't know how accurate this is but they showed me the vehicle invoice, which seem to be different at each dealership.

Seems doable depending on your tax rate, etc. Invoice means less than nothing. It doesn't actually mean what the dealer paid for the car so it doesn't actually add any information on what the vehicle cost the dealer or how much of a discount you can get. I would shoot for $4-5k off if you have the loyalty rebate available to you.
knowgood87 (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Sorry but I disagree with the comment above that @skarface made that the invoice is meaningless and not what the dealer pays for the car. Every dealer pays the exact same amount for each RDX. It IS what the dealer pays for the car but they do get kickbacks and incentives based on several factors so there is always money to "play" with on their end if you can get it out of them and time your purchase correctly.
knowgood87 (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 09:01 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Tigersalmon
I just picked up my Tech AWD today. I got a lot of tips from this forum , thank you guy for all the information.

MSRP: 43,500
Selling Price : 39,500 (Dealer throws in Wheel Locks)
Taxes : 3,505 ( 8.875%)
DMV: 97
Rebate: 1,000
OTD :42,102

Thank you guy for all the tips
Can you share where did you buy from and the person's name? I am interested in getting it at this price as well! Thank you so much.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:24 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by aat0995
Can you share where did you buy from and the person's name? I am interested in getting it at this price as well! Thank you so much.
Sent you DM.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:47 AM
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts
Anyone received any decent deals at Acura Southpoint (Durham NC) or Leith Acura (Cary NC)?
Old 12-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Racer

Sorry but I disagree with the comment above that @skarface made that the invoice is meaningless and not what the dealer pays for the car. Every dealer pays the exact same amount for each RDX. It IS what the dealer pays for the car but they do get kickbacks and incentives based on several factors so there is always money to "play" with on their end if you can get it out of them and time your purchase correctly.
Well it's meaningless to anyone who cares about their pocketbook more than the dealers haha. If every dealer is getting a kickback or volume incentives that make the effective cost of the vehicle less why would you use the invoice price in your negotiations? I would never pay invoice or more because I know that the price can nearly always be lower. This is clear from all of the people in this thread paying less than invoice. It's plain bad advice and tactics to think the invoice is dealer "cost" and negotiate in a profit on top of that for the dealer. Or think oh the dealer lost money on my sale since I got it for less than invoice. They aren't morons lol. They couldn't keep the lights on selling every vehicle at sticker price if invoice was the actual cost. I don't let fudging numbers around affect negotiations so if they want to say I got $0 off MSRP and $10000 off for my 1960 Yugo, I wouldnt mind lolll. Same thing applies if they want to say they paid $1500 less than MSRP for the car but get $5000 back from Acura if they sell it or $500k if they hit their monthly target or whatever. That's their true cost and that is what is meaningful - not invoice. If high volume dealers are giving $4-5k off I'd shop there and not worry about the low volume dealer that tells me invoice is their cost and they need to make a profit so they can only offer $1000 off.
The following 2 users liked this post by skarface:
knowgood87 (12-28-2018), zroger73 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Can I get the dealer info as well? I'm also looking at an AWD Tech.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
The only thing that matters when you buy a car is the market conditions.

Last edited by russianDude; 12-28-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:33 PM
4th Gear

Wow Thanks, make sense, I went to same dealer talking to different sales person, they each show me different invoice each time, saying that how much they get it for, and if they were to sell it at that price they would lose money. Seem like they make up the invoice pricing.
- Sorry this my first time buying a car, I am a rookie at this please excuse my mistake, still learning.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:10 PM
Racer

Wow Thanks, make sense, I went to same dealer talking to different sales person, they each show me different invoice each time, saying that how much they get it for, and if they were to sell it at that price they would lose money. Seem like they make up the invoice pricing.
- Sorry this my first time buying a car, I am a rookie at this please excuse my mistake, still learning.
ur ahead of the game....ur actually taking time to educate urself.....There are still people out there that do not and count on the salesperson gettign them a good price.....the salesperson is NOT ur friend in 99% of the cases, they want to sell that car for as much $$$ as possible in most cases
Old 12-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Well it's meaningless to anyone who cares about their pocketbook more than the dealers haha. If every dealer is getting a kickback or volume incentives that make the effective cost of the vehicle less why would you use the invoice price in your negotiations? I would never pay invoice or more because I know that the price can nearly always be lower. This is clear from all of the people in this thread paying less than invoice. It's plain bad advice and tactics to think the invoice is dealer "cost" and negotiate in a profit on top of that for the dealer. Or think oh the dealer lost money on my sale since I got it for less than invoice. They aren't morons lol. They couldn't keep the lights on selling every vehicle at sticker price if invoice was the actual cost. I don't let fudging numbers around affect negotiations so if they want to say I got $0 off MSRP and $10000 off for my 1960 Yugo, I wouldnt mind lolll. Same thing applies if they want to say they paid $1500 less than MSRP for the car but get $5000 back from Acura if they sell it or $500k if they hit their monthly target or whatever. That's their true cost and that is what is meaningful - not invoice. If high volume dealers are giving $4-5k off I'd shop there and not worry about the low volume dealer that tells me invoice is their cost and they need to make a profit so they can only offer $1000 off.
No one said that you negotiate NORTH of invoice. On the contrary, people negotiate SOUTH of invoice but INVOICE is the starting point. You will NEVER know what the dealer really has into the vehicle below invoice because even they don't fully know what they will get back each month as it's based on several factors. I always negotiate thousands under invoice and see what I can land but to say INVOICE is meaningless is a poor choice of words and I know of no one that has ever truly learned what the dealer has into the vehicle before a purchase.

If you have a crystal ball and can tell what the dealers true cost is after all incentives...please share!
Old 12-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Racer

No one said that you negotiate NORTH of invoice. On the contrary, people negotiate SOUTH of invoice but INVOICE is the starting point. You will NEVER know what the dealer really has into the vehicle below invoice because even they don't fully know what they will get back each month as it's based on several factors. I always negotiate thousands under invoice and see what I can land but to say INVOICE is meaningless is a poor choice of words and I know of no one that has ever truly learned what the dealer has into the vehicle before a purchase.

If you have a crystal ball and can tell what the dealers true cost is after all incentives...please share!
How does negotiating south of invoice make any sense? How exactly do you get the dealer to start at invoice? Or do you say I would like to pay $3k under invoice? Why not just say $5k under MSRP? MSRP is clearly published on the sticker. If the assumption is invoice is what the dealer paid for the vehicle and you are asking for a discount on their cost, that doesn't make much sense and makes the customer look unreasonable. That is why I say invoice is less than meaningless - it isn't what people generally think it means and just confuses negotiations. Like KnowGood87 mentioned the salesman try to use it to their advantage and say oh I'm losing money if I go less than invoice. If you make it clear you know that they paid less than invoice effectively, you remove that argument immediately and don't have to play that game. If you even entertain that invoice is their "cost" and play that game you are at a disadvantage. Invoice has no bearing on the discount I expect to get. Market conditions are most important and as we saw the 2019 RDX prices dropped fairly quickly - from MSRP to $5k off in less than 6 months. MSRP and Invoice stayed the same right? Telling a new buyer that invoice is what the dealer paid and negotiate south from invoice seems a little confusing to me. I would say ignore invoice and look at the market. Also, keep in mind that Acuras regularly sell for much less than invoice. The market is showing $4-5k off is doable now, especially if you are eligible for the loyalty rebate.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Racer

I wouldn't necessarily say they make it up but I wouldn't really use it as a negotiating tool. You know the MSRP of the vehicle you want and you have seen people get $4-5k off in this thread. Use that information and don't worry what invoice they print out and try to guilt you into thinking you are making them take a loss. Trust me, they won't sell you a car and lose money no matter what the salesman says. One way or another your sale is helping them make more money than if they didn't make the sale. They are not a charity haha.

Last edited by skarface; 12-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.
i69fstop (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Just look ar 2019 TLX, it sells way under invoice. Market is what drives it.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

@skarface let me try to put it this way. If the car is $47K and invoice is $44K...there is, right off the bat, $3K for the dealer to play with without touching his incentives or "dealer fee" profits. Towards the end of each month, every dealer is desperate to make quota to get their "bonus". If I am a dealer, and I am due $50K in bonus money if I hit my numbers, then I will certainly sell a few cars at a loss of up to several thousand dollars to ensure I get my bonus. If I have to give away, or take a $5-10K loss on 3-5 cars, I will every month as I will still walk away with $40-$45K in the bank. There's an old saying, you have to spend money to make money and dealers do it every month, everywhere without hesitation regardless of brand.

So do dealers sell cars at a loss? You bet your life they do if it makes economic sense for them which it does.

If you want to look at as $ off MSRP, then more power to you. However, the way "most" folks look at car buying is $ under invoice and that makes total sense to me and how I've been buying cars since Al Gore invented the Internet. Just two differing opinions on the topic and the folks on this forum can look at both ways.
zroger73 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear

I picked up Tech AWD today. Thank you for all the great insights provided in the forum.
I initially went in for a FWD and after test driving the AWD could certainly feel the difference. I had AWD on my pilot (totaled) and the only reason to not opt for it with RDX is due to the snow mode option. I was proven wrong and additionally the salesperson did a good job convincing me of Acura’s SH-AWD functionality... well the fun starts now. My color choices were not available and the mgr. gets looped in... asks to consider next trim - AWD-Tech which had the color pattern I was looking for. The mgr. knocks off 1000 due to this and by the time the test drive, back and forth consultations between the sales team was done, the one vehicle color of my choice was no longer available.
The sales person breaks the news and if I was willing to consider another color option, they would knock of another 1000 with an OTD of 41,475 and I asked for 40k even. I had a trade in which had an edmunds fair estimate of 2300. They gave me 1000 for my trade - the car was involved in serious accident with structural damage. I was thinking about donating it to charity and used it for the negotiation process. After further negotiations, finally agreed to walk out with 39,000 as the final price. They put the difference on the trade in and made it 2200 instead.
MSRP: 43,495
Selling Price after discounts : 38,990
Trade-in allowance: 1000
Taxes : 1713
Doc fee:699
DMV: 73
Net price; 40,475
OTD :39,000 (trade-in valued at 2200 instead of 1000).
I read about the maintenance packages and in talking with couple colleagues who own Acura’s, I was on the fence. As usual, was presented with extended warranty (declined), and after haggling got a 4yr plan for 1800. Would love to get your advice on it given that I will be paying for 7 oil changes (1st free), tire rotations and the 2 big services at 2nd yr and 4th year (typically over 600 in the previous model). With the tech package I felt that t his will give me the piece of mind with any abnormalities. Cheer!
Hope this message benefits those trying to settle on a price and the ballpark ranges.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Runaddict
I picked up Tech AWD today. Thank you for all the great insights provided in the forum.
I initially went in for a FWD and after test driving the AWD could certainly feel the difference. I had AWD on my pilot (totaled) and the only reason to not opt for it with RDX is due to the snow mode option. I was proven wrong and additionally the salesperson did a good job convincing me of Acura’s SH-AWD functionality... well the fun starts now. My color choices were not available and the mgr. gets looped in... asks to consider next trim - AWD-Tech which had the color pattern I was looking for. The mgr. knocks off 1000 due to this and by the time the test drive, back and forth consultations between the sales team was done, the one vehicle color of my choice was no longer available.
The sales person breaks the news and if I was willing to consider another color option, they would knock of another 1000 with an OTD of 41,475 and I asked for 40k even. I had a trade in which had an edmunds fair estimate of 2300. They gave me 1000 for my trade - the car was involved in serious accident with structural damage. I was thinking about donating it to charity and used it for the negotiation process. After further negotiations, finally agreed to walk out with 39,000 as the final price. They put the difference on the trade in and made it 2200 instead.
MSRP: 43,495
Selling Price after discounts : 38,990
Trade-in allowance: 1000
Taxes : 1713
Doc fee:699
DMV: 73
Net price; 40,475
OTD :39,000 (trade-in valued at 2200 instead of 1000).
I read about the maintenance packages and in talking with couple colleagues who own Acura’s, I was on the fence. As usual, was presented with extended warranty (declined), and after haggling got a 4yr plan for 1800. Would love to get your advice on it given that I will be paying for 7 oil changes (1st free), tire rotations and the 2 big services at 2nd yr and 4th year (typically over 600 in the previous model). With the tech package I felt that t his will give me the piece of mind with any abnormalities. Cheer!
Hope this message benefits those trying to settle on a price and the ballpark ranges.
Congrats! $4500 off MSRP, did you have loyalty rebate? If not, seems like $5500 off MSRP is doable. $40k out the door in VA might be possible for a AWD Tech.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats! $4500 off MSRP, did you have loyalty rebate? If not, seems like $5500 off MSRP is doable. $40k out the door in VA might be possible for a AWD Tech.
Thank you! Yes, they gave me the 1000 Honda family rebate.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Runaddict

Thank you! Yes, they gave me the 1000 Honda family rebate.
Ah, so it seems like we are still at $4-5k off MSRP.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:05 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by A4toTL
Anyone received any decent deals at Acura Southpoint (Durham NC) or Leith Acura (Cary NC)?
Leith was 900 under MSRP+Destination.
Southpoint didn't have AWD so they didn't give me a price but got seriously mad that I didn't buy from them. Made no sense. I think it was a new salesman who was under pressure.
A4toTL (12-31-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 11:01 AM
10th Gear

I just leased a Base FWD RDX for $399 with 12K miles out the door. My trade had $1500 in equity which was used as a down payment and it includes the first payment. Having three white cars in a row, I had to go for the Red one with the beige interior. Nothing "Base" about this car when compared to what Infiniti, BMW, and others are charging for their base models. The car has plenty of tech and upgrades not even seen from other manufacturers at this price point. Overall very happy with my choice and my payment. Sometimes it is extremely difficult when a trade is involved because, by the end of the day, you just don't get what you think your car might be worth. Having said that, I think I got a fair deal
Old 12-30-2018, 08:55 PM
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Pulled the trigger on AWD Advance in VA. First time buying Honda or Acura, so no loyalty discount. Lurked around here and it helped; here are my details in case it adds value for another:

$48395 msrp
$499 lifetime resistall protection (two details/year)
$189 All weather mats (couldn’t get them to fully comp)
$3500 discount
subtotal: $45,583
$16200 trade (2015 Mazda CX-5 GT)
$1918 tax
$136 tag and title
$579 processing fee
$32,015 OTD after trade (dealer then knocked $15 off for round number)

so far it is a great upgrade from the CX-5
The following 3 users liked this post by Wolfsoks:
i69fstop (01-08-2019), Jbaum (01-01-2019), pilozm (01-01-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 08:36 AM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
I’m interesting in an AWD A Spec in Pear Blue. Anyone know the invoice price on this spec? The build price on the website is $45.9K MSRP. Given this what would a reasonable OTD price to be expected right now at year end/month end? Or at least the expected price before state and local taxes.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

Hello,

I am aiming for 42k OTD
Lowest I got dealer to go for is 43,900 OTD
- this price was with loyalty discount
Found out that I didn't have the loyalty discount, because my RSX was to old

They made changes and made my OTD price 44,434.63
- but somehow gave me 3500 discount.
I will tried to share image later today

- I was aiming for a advanced, but decided to just go with the A-Spec.
- they were not lowering the price for Advanced had them at 47k OTD for advanced

My location is Dallas Texas
kkflesh (02-24-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I am in Lutherville. I looked at Hunt Valley and Norris Acura both did not go below the standard national incentive. I went with Pohanka. I did end of December. i got an A-Spec SH-AWD $45,250 including tax/tags/fees (out of the door). They did sucker me for the 4 year prepaid maintenance plan for an additional $2K. All routine maintenance is covered first 4 years with this plan. Supposedly it's a 60% discount if paid up front.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX