Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by jrasero
some of these demo cars or off lease cars that have been leased for only 4-6 months have 3K or less miles on them. I know everyone loves that new car smell, but I can get a Tech for the price of a base but with a couple thousand miles on it, this should be a no brainer. even when dealers are willing to go bellow MSRP financially buying CPO always makes more sense.
I understand where you're coming from, but buying a demo or off-lease used car just doesn't appeal to me at all because of my own reasons. Everybody else can do what they want to do.
The following users liked this post:
JoelEDC (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I understand where you're coming from, but buying a demo or off-lease used car just doesn't appeal to me at all because of my own reasons. Everybody else can do what they want to do.
I've driven several of the loaners from my dealer while having work done.
People beat those just like rental cars.
No thanks.
JoelEDC (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by catbert430
No thanks.
Right. Some people are OK with that, but I'm just not one of them.

The demos may not quite have been run through the paces like a loaner, but it's the same sort of idea (people taking it out for a spin, pushing, pulling, prodding, pressing this, that, or the other...ACK!!

I'll already be paying north of $45,000 so I want to be the the first and only person to have done anything to it starting on Day 1.

Again, that's not the most important thing to other people, and that's alright. They enjoy saving whatever money they can save in exchange, and who can fault anyone for that?
JoelEDC (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 04:03 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ridiculous. Acura.com says:

Splash Guard Set -- $145
Door Edge Film -- $50
Cargo Tray -- $140
All-Season Mats -- $175
Door Handle Film -- $50

I don't even see that Nitrogen Lifetime Fills they're charging $129 for.
Acura's website is for parts only with no labor. Nitrogen is up to the specific dealership, the one nearest me doesn't charge anything for nitrogen.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
I can't believe some dealers have the nerve to try and charge installation labor on floor mats. Or maybe they're hoping people don't notice?
Old 06-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by TxLady
That’s obscene! No wonder your’re hacked off. Someone posted installation instructions on many items a few weeks ago but I can’t locate them now ( it was a thread of it’s own). Is it possible it got removed?
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...ctions-969946/
TxLady (06-12-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by catbert430
No thanks.

Not everyone. For one thing, I took a rental car up a dirt road, Old Fall River Road, up to Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. I never took a loaner there. OTOH, I normally name my loaner cars ‘red-headed mule’, for some reason. It seems, always, that these cars get terrible gas mileage. So I wouldn’t buy one.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bppronk25
Acura's website is for parts only with no labor. Nitrogen is up to the specific dealership, the one nearest me doesn't charge anything for nitrogen.

What source did you get the pricing sheet above?
Old 06-11-2018, 05:29 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The salesman I've been working with emailed it to me when I asked him about the accessories available.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
The salesman I've been working with emailed it to me when I asked him about the accessories available.
Would you be willing to share the name of the dealership? You don't need to share a name of the rep.

I had sent this screenshot to the sales guy I'm working with and he asked the source.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Pro

Tell me something — is it OK for the Oklahoma dealership to charge $250 for the one-piece form-fitting Cargo Tray accessory priced on Acura.com for $140 that you basically just remove from its box and lay down on the storage area behind the rear seats (essentially charge $110 to “install” + tax)?
Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Drifting

Tell me something — is it OK for the Oklahoma dealership to charge $250 for the one-piece form-fitting Cargo Tray accessory priced on Acura.com for $140 that you basically just remove from its box and lay down on the storage area behind the rear seats (essentially charge $110 to “install” + tax)?
Yes.

It is OK to charge the rubes whatever they will pay if they haven't the brains to just buy it cheaper someplace else and install it themselves.

Yeah. It is OK. If they get mo' money from the uninformed, it is less money for the cognoscenti when things settle down.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
Yes.

It is OK to charge the rubes whatever they will pay if they haven't the brains to just buy it cheaper someplace else and install it themselves.

Yeah. It is OK. If they get mo' money from the uninformed, it is less money for the cognoscenti when things settle down.
Well, that’s one way to look at it.

But I will not give my business to shamelessly greedy hucksters like that, even after “things settle down.”

That “rube” could be your mom, gran, sister, friend — one of whom maybe can’t put the cargo tray in as easily as you or I and would be willing to pay a more reasonable and fair price to “install.”

The price they’re charging is even $82 higher than what’s on that installed price sheet someone posted.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile Installs of mats and tray

It's ONE of the many ways to "add $$ to their bottom line" and if they can get away with it....then they are robbers!! I always tell my "guys" at my dealership...just throw the mats and cargo tray, still in their boxes in to
the rear cargo area. I'LL put them on...certainly NOT going to pay you guys to do something that takes fractions of time to do. I've been told, in return...."we will put them in for you and we are not going to charge for that."
When that happens then, sure, put them in. Now, this is the "Sales side" of the business. Not the Service side.

Now IF it's with someone that is "older?" and can't do it, for whatever reason....decent folks at a dealership...maybe the sales person who is delivering the car....should be decent enough to unbox and put in the mats/tray.
Just the right thing to do. No one would take issue with that. Sales, Parts, Service are run separately with their finances. Service has no problem charging to do anything, in most cases. But, again, when buying the
vehicle with these items....if they are put in the back in their boxes, per your request, then that is what they will do. I've had that done often. Again...for someone that is "older, etc" they can ask the same thing to be done,
THEN when it gets back to the Sales side of the house...meaning your sales person or the Sales Mgr....they then should ask...as a favor...would you please put the mats/tray down on the floor for me? Can't imagine the
Sales side of the house NOT wanting to do that.

IF you are talking with the Service side...again, that's different. Sure, they'll do it....and then charge you. Just got to know how it all works and how to get around the "simpler things" that can be done by a sales person.
birdonamission (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 01:06 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Some of the labor charges are obscene. The side molding is so easy to install that anyone can do it. Buy the kit and do it yourself. They give you the template and it's just a matter of sticking it on the doors.

On the 2019 it looks ridiculous to me so I am not doing it, but I've put it on myself on every Acura I've ever bought. I just get it from an internet dealer (usually Curry Acura) and it's discounted and that's that. And look at the installed price for the black emblems. Too funny. Those are stick on as well. As long as you have a plastic tool to remove the original emblems, the installation is literally minutes.
birdonamission (06-12-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:31 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
He has told me in the past....in his office....door closed....looking me right in the eyes and said..."you are getting a deal
that NO ONE has received" to this date." And he is a great GM...a business friend and he's a straight shooter. If he laughs at my offer....then I'll just tell him, we just can't do business....this time...maybe later.
This sounds like a girl when she says "I've never done this before".
jcardona1 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:40 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 19RDX
This sounds like a girl when she says "I've never done this before".
What's that? A sales guy making you believe you are getting a great deal? GET OUT. Next you're going to tell me the earth isn't flat
Old 06-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jcardona1
What's that? A sales guy making you believe you are getting a great deal? GET OUT. Next you're going to tell me the earth isn't flat
i believe everything the sales manager tells me. They never lie.

But I also believe everything I read on the internet...
Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
And I believe in this forum members that said that they have a gazillion years experience in buying a car , their best friends is all the car dealers in this country and they know the true dealer's cost of this car ....
jcardona1 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Latest I was told was that Acura will not waive final 3 payments on lease to get into 19 RDX, but there is $1K loyalty cash. One dealer wanted MSRP, the other took $500. I am trying to convince wife to wait until closer to year end.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was at a local dealer picking up my ‘07 from service and was told to expect some better incentives after the first week of July. How’s that for a hard sell...
Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by KeithL
Latest I was told was that Acura will not waive final 3 payments on lease to get into 19 RDX, but there is $1K loyalty cash. One dealer wanted MSRP, the other took $500. I am trying to convince wife to wait until closer to year end.

I am aiming for then too. Things will come out about the RDX, they always do with new cars. Is the user interface too funky? I expect the drivetrain to be fine, but if the whole infotainment/navigation system is a chore to use, then that will surely be a problem for my spouse. The car is not only about how I will drive it, my wife must be comfortable as well.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My dealer offered me $500 off, plus about $600 in accessories thrown in. This was for an Aspeck on the lot. I don’t have any opportunity for any loyalty cash. Any opportunists for additional discounts? Seems like an OK deal to me, especially since it the color I want
Old 06-16-2018, 09:43 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Philbert
Was at a local dealer picking up my ‘07 from service and was told to expect some better incentives after the first week of July. How’s that for a hard sell...
Better incentives would be good. The dealer nearest to me had 9 new RDXs on the lot for a while but now has 16. Maybe the deals will get better a little sooner than expected.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Acura has had such a poor run the last few years regarding HOT cars in volume that the human tendency is to get as much as possible. The problem with a car transaction if you go thru a lot of cars like me, I can get soured by MSRP attitude especially when prices come down and you look silly for not waiting.

Not to mention the assured Problems with an all new model.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Here is a website that allows you to calculate lease payments:

https://leasehackr.com/calculator/

The money factor and residual for the advance is:

.00131 and 58% (15k/year) and 60% (12k/year)
Old 06-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Originally Posted by burn1010

What about 10k/yr? Residuals much different for A-spec?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:31 PM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Originally Posted by burn1010

Originally Posted by DWG
Better incentives would be good. The dealer nearest to me had 9 new RDXs on the lot for a while but now has 16. Maybe the deals will get better a little sooner than expected.
dealers are still working through the last of the 2018s as well.

The compact luxury suv space is like the old midsize family sedan segment - biggest volume and tons of competition. Acura, even if a better value from the start, has to be as competitive as possible, especially for leases.

If anyone’s in the market for an MDX, they were quoting almost 7k off sticker as a starting point on the 2018s.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:20 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile Jealous bunch..who know noting, just speculating!

Originally Posted by jcardona1
Sales guy??? LOL!! What "sales guy." You guys are such idiots. I haven't dealt with a "sales guy" in years. For the last 5 yrs, I have sat down with one person to negotiate a sale with trade...the GM and
part owner of the dealership. I know what "typical sales people are like at many dealerships" Been there done that. Not at his, but, why should I talk with anyone else when this GM is extremely customer
friendly and you can sit down with him, without an appt. and "talk turkey" on a car deal. But, you wouldn't know anything about that. You're still dealing with...."sales guys!" LOL!!!

So, you can BS everyone here with your lame jokes....and I'm the one laughing all the way down the highway with my new A-Spec.

How many of you "big mouths" can call your GM and he calls right back...or text him and he answers within a very short time...or email...same thing? LOL...Oh, that's right, you don't have a GM like that do you? You
know you don't. So, yes....without a doubt, he is totally honest with me, 'cause he is my friend. He owns part of the dealership, and is the #1 dealer in the Dist. Award
Winner each of the past 4 yrs. #3 '19 RDX sales in the U.S. and #9 in all sales in the U.S. Don't get that way by being deceitful and dishonest. It's called....MANY REPEAT customers. And how everyone there treats
people. And they keep coming back.

Cheap shots at me...only means you KNOW NOTHING about me, him, this dealership. And, yes, since I have more buying experience that most anyone here, I know that NOT all dealers are the same. His is not....and
that is why his sales are so high year after year.

Wise up..IF you got facts and you know
me and my situation and you can prove I'm a liar...or my friend, the GM of my Acura dealership is a liar....then PROVE it....no fun and games and attacks. Man up...prove it! And, of course you can't. So, you guess, and
act like little 5 yrs olds, 'cause that's all you know how to be. Grow the fuck up.

I'm not on here to BS anyone. Apparently you have no really good reasons to be here other than sling arrows when you don't even know what you are talking about. You boys need to grow up and learn what it is to be a
self respecting man in this world...instead of being clowns on web sties.

Have a nice day now...kids!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Wink

Originally Posted by dcmod
And I believe in this forum members that said that they have a gazillion years experience in buying a car , their best friends is all the car dealers in this country and they know the true dealer's cost of this car ....
IF you are slinging arrows at me...you don't have a clue what you are talking about, and since you don't, then you make up stuff. Until you know FACTS....and can only speculate with no information or truth...then,
you are no use to anyone here.

I certainly know what a dealer had to pay Acura for the vehicle I'm buying. I have copies of the Invoices..theirs.....in the folders of all my purchases. Now, what Acura "gives back to them"...no, I never said I knew those
amounts....it's their personal business. AND, for your information, it's not like it used to be for dealers. IF they don't make their sales goals, don't get the customer ratings that are expected by Acura, and their dealership
doesn't meet Acura's standards....after they have made personal inspections and talked to the managers, etc....on dealership visits....then they don't get much of anything....where another dealer hitting "all the marks" will
get incentives. It can easily vary from month to month....except for the true "leaders in sales and customer high ratings" who would consistently get more incentive moneys....AND their vehicle allocations will be more than
the "other dealers" not doing so well.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

I just signed the deal! I think it was pretty good, I might’ve been able to get a couple hundred dollars more off but they had the car in stock. I’ve been without a car since March, and really don’t want to wait anymore to get a better deal. Here’s what I got. Gray A Spec with red interior. $500 off, and he threw in mud guards, cargo liner, all weather mats, a spec carpets, and remote start for no charge. Remote start alone was worth $400. They are detailing the car now. I’m excited
The following 3 users liked this post by Dave48103:
a35tl (06-18-2018), Curious3GTL (06-18-2018), r1ckster (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave48103
I just signed the deal! I think it was pretty good, I might’ve been able to get a couple hundred dollars more off but they had the car in stock. I’ve been without a car since March, and really don’t want to wait anymore to get a better deal. Here’s what I got. Gray A Spec with red interior. $500 off, and he threw in mud guards, cargo liner, all weather mats, a spec carpets, and remote start for no charge. Remote start alone was worth $400. They are detailing the car now. I’m excited
Did you get Modern Steel or Gunmetal?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RangersRule99
Did you get Modern Steel or Gunmetal?
we went with modern steel. Gunmetal isn’t available in the A Spec
Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 AM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave48103
Enjoy!
Old 06-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I put a deposit down for a White Diamond Pearl w/Expresso Advanced. Even though I am coming from a Lincoln MKX, they are going to give my the $1000 loyalty discount since this will be my 5th Acura.
The following 4 users liked this post by Stew4HD:
a35tl (06-18-2018), Curious3GTL (06-18-2018), quantum7 (06-18-2018), TacoBello (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I put a deposit down for a White Diamond Pearl w/Expresso Advanced. Even though I am coming from a Lincoln MKX, they are going to give my the $1000 loyalty discount since this will be my 5th Acura.
Awesome! Congradulations! This is a combo I’ve been trying to see in person. I’m interested in seeing the Expresso (Advanced) interior with the piping. I’d love for you to post a few picks of the interior...especially the areas with the piping when you get your new wheels.

Saw the Advance with black interior and not in love with the stark contrast of the very light cream white piping on the dark black leather. Still doing a mental checklist for A purchase later this year.
Stew4HD (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by TxLady
Awesome! Congradulations! This is a combo I’ve been trying to see in person. I’m interested in seeing the Expresso (Advanced) interior with the piping. I’d love for you to post a few picks of the interior...especially the areas with the piping when you get your new wheels.

Saw the Advance with black interior and not in love with the stark contrast of the very light cream white piping on the dark black leather. Still doing a mental checklist for A purchase later this year.
I was told it would take a couple of weeks before mine comes in. I looked at another model that has expresso so that I could see the contrasts with the real wood and black dash top.. I love it!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I was told it would take a couple of weeks before mine comes in. I looked at another model that has expresso so that I could see the contrasts with the real wood and black dash top.. I love it!
Congrats and enjoy your new ride! Sounds like a good deal for a car that literally just rolled into dealer's lot. Definitely keep us on-lookers appraised of your experience!
Stew4HD (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
IF you are slinging arrows at me...you don't have a clue what you are talking about, and since you don't, then you make up stuff. Until you know FACTS....and can only speculate with no information or truth...then,

I certainly know what a dealer had to pay Acura for the vehicle I'm buying. I have copies of the Invoices..theirs.....in the folders of all my purchases. Now, what Acura "gives back to them"...no, I never said I knew those
amounts....it's their personal business. AND, for your information, it's not like it used to be for dealers. IF they don't make their sales goals, don't get the customer ratings that are expected by Acura, and their dealership
doesn't meet Acura's standards....after they have made personal inspections and talked to the managers, etc....on dealership visits....then they don't get much of anything....where another dealer hitting "all the marks" will
get incentives. It can easily vary from month to month....except for the true "leaders in sales and customer high ratings" who would consistently get more incentive moneys....AND their vehicle allocations will be more than
To each his own buddy.. I have my own opinions and I can get the invoice from the internet , don't need it from you anyway
Old 06-21-2018, 12:42 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Can you share the price you paid/offer that was accepted on your 2019 RDX not including tax/tags? Or just the discount, I don't think I saw that.
If you can give the total deal, trade in information (year and mileage) and accessories purchased or thrown in free that would help gauge the discount.

The highest I've seen so far was the 10 months of lease payments and 6000 miles over mileage covered, which I think would have been about a $4000 hit otherwise. Most people seem to only be getting $500-$2000 off though with the remote starter thrown in or some random accessories. It looks like dealers are trying to keep the discount low and make up for it with accessories or other things that sweeten the deal. Might be a good time to get rid of a trade in for top dollar. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX