Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by Philbert

with current exchange rates, it’s too bad the local dmv would probably frown on my trying to register a Canadian model RDX here...
You will need to pay import tax also, you can arrange it, but at the end it will cost more
Old 07-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts

You will need to pay import tax (i think its 10%) also, you can arrange it, but at the end it will cost more. And if for some reason it does not meet US requirments, it might be another PITA.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats!!! AWD or FWD?

Originally Posted by WPJoe
Hi all - excited to say I just did a deal on a 2019 Acura RDX Advanced.

Here are the details:
36 month lease, 10K miles
$535.85 / month
no money down other than taxes and fees ($2700)
Old 07-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Congrats WPJOE,

Based on your lease, it is the best one I have seen posted on this thread I have seen yet.
Thanks! I was pleased with the whole process.
To answer a couple of other questions people asked, that monthly payment was with tax paid up front. It's on an AWD.

I got it here in Westchester, NY and I'd be happy to share the dealer name and recommend a great salesperson who worked with be for about a month patiently until we could get the right deal put together.
The following users liked this post:
burn1010 (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 10:46 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by WPJoe
Thanks! I was pleased with the whole process.
To answer a couple of other questions people asked, that monthly payment was with tax paid up front. It's on an AWD.

I got it here in Westchester, NY and I'd be happy to share the dealer name and recommend a great salesperson who worked with be for about a month patiently until we could get the right deal put together.
Yeah, definitely seems like you have to grind it out for a great deal. I doubt any dealer is actually giving you their best quote (no matter what they tell you) if you sit in front of them for an hour telling them they have to do better. They'll drop the price a bit to make you feel better but it's going to take you leaving and them keeping in touch. Whether waiting is worth it for different people is personal preference.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ultramart
Looks like a great deal! Do you want to share how you got that discount?
I spent a week playing off two local dealers against each other. And I promised to take delivery before the end of the month.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Great work!! Was there $1000 loyalty or other incentives baked into those #s?

Originally Posted by Lmo0913
I spent a week playing off two local dealers against each other. And I promised to take delivery before the end of the month.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually, it really wasn't bad. It took a little patience for the market to settle but we stayed in touch via text and email and settled a deal through those communications.

The rep at Acura Westchester is named Jesse and I'd strongly recommend contacting him if it's in your region.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
I agree. On some vehicles they look really good, on others they're OK, but on the RDX they just don't work.

Before I bought mine, my GM wanted me to write up my analysis of the "good and not so good issues" with the new RDX. One of the issues I pointed out was the BSM. It looks bad on THIS RDX...because of the "body piece"...whatever you call it...the large chrome piece...or black in the case of the A-Spec. The 2 together do not look good at all. Even he agreed...the BSM does not work with the new side trim. On Gen 2's, and I had 3 of them,
I always had BSM, and to me it added to the looks of the side view. Don't know if I've been lucky....that's a little part of it....but going back many vehicles, I've not had a hard door ding. Only 1 or 2 "slight" touches that rubbed out and
no big deal. My wife and I always park on the far side of the lots, and pick spots that only 1 vehicle can be beside you, etc. So far that has worked. Yes, anything is "fixable" but, that doesn't mean I want my new vehicle beat up on.
I want it to stay as fresh as I can keep it....along with Acura's higher trade value, having it well kept....inside and out...makes for the highest trade $$ you can get.

Did I put the BSM on my new A-Spec? I'll let you guess. LOL!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Just bought a Majestic Black with Red Interior A-Spec FWD .
Discount $2500 off MSRP , Do not qualify for Loyalty / Military or any Acura incentives
Old 07-26-2018, 04:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dcmod
Just bought a Majestic Black with Red Interior A-Spec FWD .
Discount $2500 off MSRP , Do not qualify for Loyalty / Military or any Acura incentives
I wonder how easy it would be for someone with the loyalty incentive to get $3500 off? $4k off might be closer than I thought.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:34 PM
Instructor

I could get $3500 off easy, if I have an existing Acura . As a matter of fact I was offered but not qualified . Also offered $750 off if u own a 2015 Lexus RX or newer , but again not qualified The extra $1000 or $750 off does not hit the dealer pocketbooks . It comes straight from Acura as a pass thru for qualified buyers
Old 07-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Racer

I could get $3500 off easy, if I have an existing Acura . As a matter of fact I was offered but not qualified . Also offered $750 off if u own a 2015 Lexus RX or newer , but again not qualified The extra $1000 or $750 off does not hit the dealer pocketbooks . It comes straight from Acura as a pass thru for qualified buyers
That's good news! We should be seeing $4-5k off any day now. I thought we would have to wait until December to see discounts of $4k and you pretty much proved we are right in the ballpark now.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Instructor

Yup , thanks to this forum , I noticed that $2000 - $2500 is achievable . I negotiate hard and also living in SoCal , There is 6 similar cars at different dealers . I just use the internet and text message to negotiate . Make it easy and convenient . No need to drive in freeway traffic . Also I wait until the end of the month and I separate the dealer incentives and the actual dealer discounts .
Dealers hate it when they knew I paid cash .. but I did not tell them when in the negotiations phase
Old 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
I know the prices are in the $2500 - $3000 range but the $4K range seems to be a bit further out. If someone gets $4K off the car this soon it would surprise me greatly. That $2500 DCMOD got off most likely included the incentive but my guess is the dealer did not tell you so. That is money from the manufacturer and they aren't likely going to pass up on that money. I would like to see if someone could actually go in this early and get $3500 with the incentive included since many dealerships still dont have all the models and color options available.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Instructor

How did I get no incentives ?
FYI : there is only 3 - 4 incentives that I knew , which I dont qualify with all of them:

1. $1000 loyalty incentives : own an existing Acura
2. $750 Conquest incentives : own an existing 2015 RX 350 Lexus
3. $750 Military bonus
4. $500 Recent college grad bonus

Maybe you can enlighten me ..

I was offered $3500 off MSRP , when in negotiations , but then they found out that I dont have an existing Acura . All of those incentives are separate than my $2500 off MSRP . I make sure I separate them but unfortunately I did not qualify at all

Last edited by dcmod; 07-26-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Racer

Yup , thanks to this forum , I noticed that $2000 - $2500 is achievable . I negotiate hard and also living in SoCal , There is 6 similar cars at different dealers . I just use the internet and text message to negotiate . Make it easy and convenient . No need to drive in freeway traffic . Also I wait until the end of the month and I separate the dealer incentives and the actual dealer discounts .
Dealers hate it when they knew I paid cash .. but I did not tell them when in the negotiations phase
Did you have a trade-in? If so, what was it? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Instructor

No trade ins , no lease, no financing . I write a check to them ..
I think the sales rep is a little miffed after he accept my offers that I will be paying cash
Old 07-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Racer

I know the prices are in the $2500 - $3000 range but the $4K range seems to be a bit further out. If someone gets $4K off the car this soon it would surprise me greatly. That $2500 DCMOD got off most likely included the incentive but my guess is the dealer did not tell you so. That is money from the manufacturer and they aren't likely going to pass up on that money. I would like to see if someone could actually go in this early and get $3500 with the incentive included since many dealerships still dont have all the models and color options available.
I thought the dealer might have tried the fudge the numbers but DCMOD said they actually offered the incentives on top of the discount but he didn't qualify. I think $4k off for a good negotiator is gonna happen within the next couple of months but almost definitely by December now, which was my initial prediction.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Racer

No trade ins , no lease, no financing . I write a check to them ..
I think the sales rep is a little miffed after he accept my offers that I will be paying cash
Yeah, that's an awesome no BS deal. Did you buy any accessories from them, or the extras (warranty, rustproofing, etc.)? I doubt it since you seem like you were looking for a great deal and got it.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Instructor

Yup, the sales rep offered me warranty. Which I politely declined . I will buy my Acura accesories from ebay and save sales tax later .
I am lucky i got this dealer that does not add those "high margins" add ons ie : 3m door ding protection. Protection package $980 include wheel lock and back cover .
I just want the " NO FRILLS" options .. I can add it later at my leisure
Old 07-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DCMOD you just asked for that discount or they just offered it to you up front?
I’m hoping to get a similar discount soon.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Instructor

Here is what I asked all the dealers that I encountered :
1. Give me your best price
2, Itemize all the discounts from Acura compared with the dealer discounts

Here is an example of the quotes I received :
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec FWD

MSRP: $44,895

Military Bonus* $ (750)

Recent College Grad Bonus* $ (500)

Vehicle Selling Price* $43,645

(Destination & Handling Fees Included!)
Old 07-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Racer

Yup, the sales rep offered me warranty. Which I politely declined . I will buy my Acura accesories from ebay and save sales tax later .
I am lucky i got this dealer that does not add those "high margins" add ons ie : 3m door ding protection. Protection package $980 include wheel lock and back cover .
I just want the " NO FRILLS" options .. I can add it later at my leisure
i think you car shop like me. I cringe when someone mentions a good deal then says they bought accessories or the warranty. That's where the dealer made back the profit. Even at a discount they are overpriced lol
Old 07-26-2018, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Some dealers does that here . I asked them to remove those extra FRILL , but some of the FRILLs can not me removed , IE: 3M Door Ding protection paint ... (WTH is that ? ) , So I just moved on
Old 07-26-2018, 07:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to a dealership today in VA and they offered me a $2k discount. It wasn't till I got home that I noticed the paperwork was $2k off "Market Value Price" not MSRP. Market value price was $1500 above MSRP so essentially they offered 500$ off. Not sure how I see posts of people getting 2-4k off MSRP... I hope this is not including the "competitor" or "loyalty" incentives since thats Acura and not actually negotiating off MSRP. Anyone got any tips on how to negotiate because I obviously fail.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Cgprelude,

Read my email threads above ,,
Basically , make sure you asked them to itemize the discounts . Remember incentives are from Acura ,, it does not affect the dealers margin . You should ask for them if you qualify . But make sure you negotiate the dealer discounts SANS Acura incentives .
Acura incentives is a discount from Acura if you qualify , tell the dealers you are interested in the dealer discounts .

Good luck
Old 07-26-2018, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I don't qualify for the Loyalty, Military or Competitor incentives. Does this mean I shouldn't expect to get a discount off MSRP? At the moment It looks like they are offering $500 off MSRP.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:16 PM
Instructor

Of course they can offer it depends on supply and demand . And don't let them tell you some BS that this car is in high demand .
I got $2500 off MSRP with no incentives because I am not Recent college graduate, I am not military, I am not existing Acura owner and I don't own a 2015 Lexus RX on a hard to find Black on Red interior A-spec .
I checked with Acura websites and there is only 5 of these cars in So Cal a week ago ,
I told them I am patient when they start telling me that we have to sell this at above MSRP and tell them price is going to go down in December but I can buy now if the price is right .. Never tell them that you just want to pay CASH ...
Make sure you understand any lease or hidden fees by focusing first on the actual sales price
The A spec FWD invoice price is $42,285 , My price that I got after negotiating $42,395 . Do you think the dealer just make about $100 from my deal ?
No way, the dealer typically received an extra 20-30% price below invoiced . But of course they have to pay for the building leasing , the employees , the sales people , etc etc .
So, it can be done , you can get even hard to find colors and models if you negotiate hard and be patient

This dealer that I closed on, initially offered me like $1000 adjusted market price , and then I showed them the lower quote that i have received from another dealers . So he responded with a $2500 off MSRP including the loyalty and then I corrected him, i do not qualify. SO he adjusted to $1500 off MSRP and I counter offer $2500 . He said no way and then I told him ok no problems, The next day that dealer recapitulate , call me and give me my hard earned discount

Last edited by dcmod; 07-26-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Of course they can offer it depends on supply and demand . And don't let them tell you some BS that this car is in high demand .
I got $2500 off MSRP with no incentives because I am not Recent college graduate, I am not military, I am not existing Acura owner and I don't own a 2015 Lexus RX on a hard to find Black on Red interior A-spec .
I checked with Acura websites and there is only 5 of these cars in So Cal a week ago ,
I told them I am patient when they start telling me that we have to sell this at above MSRP and tell them price is going to go down in December but I can buy now if the price is right .. Never tell them that you just want to pay CASH ...
Make sure you understand any lease or hidden fees by focusing first on the actual sales price
The A spec FWD invoice price is $42,285 , My price that I got after negotiating $42,395 . Do you think the dealer just make about $100 from my deal ?
No way, the dealer typically received an extra 20-30% price below invoiced . But of course they have to pay for the building leasing , the employees , the sales people , etc etc .
So, it can be done , you can get even hard to find colors and models if you negotiate hard and be patient

This dealer that I closed on, initially offered me like $1000 adjusted market price , and then I showed them the lower quote that i have received from another dealers . So he responded with a $2500 off MSRP including the loyalty and then I corrected him, i do not qualify. SO he adjusted to $1500 off MSRP and I counter offer $2500 . He said no way and then I told him ok no problems, The next day that dealer recapitulate , call me and give me my hard earned discount
Great deal and job working on your deal DCMOD! Congrats on the A-SPEC RDX and enjoy it? Now please post pictures of your car to share with us.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Racer

I always think its funny when the dealer acts like you are asking for their first born when you ask for a great discount. Like it's an impossible request, then they email you a couple days later agreeing to that "impossible" price.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:51 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
I got $2500 off MSRP with no incentives because I am not Recent college graduate, I am not military, I am not existing Acura owner and I don't own a 2015 Lexus RX on a hard on a hard to find Black on Red interior A-spec .
Yeah, patience is key... $2,500 off MSRP is really good and I do qualify for the loyalty and military discounts, so even better. I'm in school right now and won't finish until this coming Spring (~), so the "Recent College Grad" discount won't apply. Unless I wait, but I probably wouldn't be able to.

Since I want to build up my cash reserves to go towards the car, I will be exercising patience until around the first of November. I'm about 1/3 of my savings goal and will stay the course. When the time comes for negotiations, I am not going to include what I intend to put down nor factor the value of my trade in, which I own free and clear. Too many Acura dealerships in the Washington-Baltimore region for anyone to mess around with me.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts
I sent an email to my local dealership and received an automated email quote (since it was after hours), which is taking off the $995 destination charge.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Great deal and job working on your deal DCMOD! Congrats on the A-SPEC RDX and enjoy it? Now please post pictures of your car to share with us.
Black on Red FWD A-Spec . I make sure the dealer does not drill and install the front license plates . IMHO : the front grill looks much better with no license plates

Last edited by dcmod; 07-27-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
Looks awesome. Congrats!
Hope CHP doesn't harass you for the front plate.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by vvlien
I sent an email to my local dealership and received an automated email quote (since it was after hours), which is taking off the $995 destination charge.
They can call a "discount" anything they want, but, they have to pay Acura that $995, and if you look on the Window Stickers of ALL vehicles, it is part of the MSRP for that vehicle. So, I've NEVER had a dealer say to me, "we'll
take off the Destination Fee." You negotiate off the MSRP, or up from the Invoice......and when agreed upon it's their discount to you. But, using the words of "removing the Destination Charge" is just not used. I'm on my 35th
new vehicle and have never heard them use those words. It's just not "common sense" for them to use that phraseology.

The Destination Charge is directly on the Dealer's Invoice...on what they had to pay Acura. It's just basically, I can sell you this vehicle for $1,000 off MSRP...or whatever the # is.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cgprelude
Yeah I don't qualify for the Loyalty, Military or Competitor incentives. Does this mean I shouldn't expect to get a discount off MSRP? At the moment It looks like they are offering $500 off MSRP.
The VA dealers are holding out so far. I think it was 7-10 days ago I was quoted "Whatever that sticker says add $3,000 to it!", I'm still smh over that one. I stopped into another dealer in VA Beach and he's offering MSRP only. Both on A-spec's.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Racer

The black with red interior looks great.
Black on Red FWD A-Spec . I make sure the dealer does not drill and install the front license plates . IMHO : the front grill looks much better with no license plates

Old 07-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Not sure why we care about destination charges or title fees or whatever charges the dealer decides to take off. Other than tax which is a unavoidable item, every thing else is consider cash out and should be negotiated as a whole, including any other dealer specific service or accessory.

Typical ploy is to take off discount on the MSRP but get you on dealer add ons that has bigger margin. This is also why if you finance with them, they give you discounts on MSRP. It’s all about revenue and margin.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Here is a to do list for newly RDX owners ,
Get the complimentary printed Owners Manual and Navigation manuals . Nothing beats a hard copy manuals to use while you are learning the car technology.
The dealer only supply the condensed version of a skinny manuals
You can order it direct from Acura or registered your VIN at the Acura Owners Websited

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX