Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Old 07-22-2018, 01:40 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by zo0mie

Got ours here in the Mid-Hudson Valley area. A modern Steel, A-spec that comes equipped with SH-AWD. Came with wheel locks at no additional charge. Got the loyalty and military appreciation discounts. Plus a nice trade-in allowance on a 2015 RDX that needed a new set of shoes and had some gouges on the bumper. The RDX A-spec is very impressive to look at and drive.

Nice.

Enjoy it well.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:45 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Rybear

So $40k out the door including taxes and tags and you get to "test drive" it for 3 years. Seems like a good option actually if the discount is pretty much the same if you lease or buy. No point in buying it straight up if they covered your last lease payment. Basically got a $2500 discount. Congrats!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:22 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
If you want to save money then you need to learn how to be patient.
True about almost anything, really. Sometimes not true about housing (in some areas) -- but in general, yes.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
True about almost anything, really. Sometimes not true about housing (in some areas) -- but in general, yes.
yep. But buying early has its perks too, you get to enjoy car sooner. At the end of the day its a personal decision of what is important for you.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:02 PM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted to let everyone know that $1500 off MSRP is absolutely an option in Northern and Southern CA. In the San Francisco Bay area dealers ranged from a hard line msrp only to two dealers who at first claimed that $1000 off msrp was the best they could do but after ignoring them for two days they emailed back with $1500 off MSRP offers. In Southern CA the only dealer i contacted said that he could do $1500 off on the Advance AWD but only $500 off on the 2wd tech. After no contact for three days that dealer offered $1500 off the Tech 2WD. All these numbers exclude the loyalty discount so if you qualify for that your target is $2500 off msrp total. It also looks like inventory in Southern CA is increasing and I expect inventory will start to fill out soon in Northern CA. Stand firm and don't be in a rush. Be polite yet firm an let them come back to you Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
birdonamission (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by rondasacrura
I wanted to let everyone know that $1500 off MSRP is absolutely an option in Northern and Southern CA. In the San Francisco Bay area dealers ranged from a hard line msrp only to two dealers who at first claimed that $1000 off msrp was the best they could do but after ignoring them for two days they emailed back with $1500 off MSRP offers. In Southern CA the only dealer i contacted said that he could do $1500 off on the Advance AWD but only $500 off on the 2wd tech. After no contact for three days that dealer offered $1500 off the Tech 2WD. All these numbers exclude the loyalty discount so if you qualify for that your target is $2500 off msrp total. It also looks like inventory in Southern CA is increasing and I expect inventory will start to fill out soon in Northern CA. Stand firm and don't be in a rush. Be polite yet firm an let them come back to you Good luck.
That is quite realistic. So did you purchase one?
Old 07-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by zo0mie

zo0mie,

That is a beautiful combination and I truly would love to have had that color. If they offer A-SPEC with the Advance model I will buy one ASAP. I really wanted the A-SPEC sporty looks with ALL of the Advance features. I am not sure why they didn't offer this but I am sure someone here will buy parts and swap them out for the exterior look.
That color just is simply beautiful with that red interior.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Racer

Yeah, seems like the 10% off by December is almost a given at this point. $4k off by December shouldn't be too hard if we're seeing $2500 a month after it was released.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:15 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mind to share where in SF that you can get $1500 off?

Mind to share where in SF that you can get $1500 off?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Pro

I realized that I never shared the photo of my Gunmetal metallic RDX. For those looking at this color, here is a photo of what it looks like. It has a hint of blueish color to it in the direct sunlight. In the dark it looks like a dark gray but the sunlight gives it that metallic pop. Sorry for the bad pictures but I took these in the spur of the moment. I am sure other will chime in when they take delivery to provide additional angles.
The following 5 users liked this post by Hou-RL:
97ws6 (07-25-2018), acuraada (07-23-2018), acuranj18 (07-23-2018), billyt1963 (07-23-2018), Curious3GTL (07-25-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
My second favorite color after white!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
It looks black/blueish rather than anything grey! What interior color did you end up with?

I'm debating this vs the Modern Steel. default option for me is white.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by acuraada
It looks black/blueish rather than anything grey! What interior color did you end up with?

I'm debating this vs the Modern Steel. default option for me is white.
It is gray in person there is no doubting that. It does look darker at night or in cloudy days.The Advance Gunmetal metallic only comes in ebony interior currently.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:26 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I wonder if there's Canadian buyer here, like to know how much you pay for A-Spec, TIA
Old 07-23-2018, 09:55 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I was able to negotiate $1500 off MRSP plus the $1000 loyalty plus free wheel locks in the Chicagoland area, so for those who want more details please send me a PM. Chicago has always been very competitive when shopping for new vehicles and I have found this to be the case across multiple manufacturers. The key is to call around to many dealers and be willing to walk away and be firm with what you want.
BrianC778 (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skarface
You might have better luck contacting the internet managers at each dealership if you have decided you want to buy the 2019 RDX right now. Might save you some time instead of driving to each dealership and dealing with each of their pitches and negotiations. You have much more power when you can just not answer an email or phone call.

Their website lets you purchase a car online and their is no mention of a mandatory $1800 profit charge lol. Luxury shield is actually listed as $1295 on their website under "Service & Protection Plans". Either way, I wouldn't deal with that salesman anymore if he said it was mandatory. Nearly everything is negotiable. I can't imagine what they would claim is mandatory when you get in the finance room and they spring the rustproofing, warranties, service contracts on you.
https://express.johneagleacura.com/e...02228?unlock=1
You are right. I do see the Luxury Shield service listed on their web site under service plans and it syas 'optional' there. I will contact their Internet Sales manager who had contacted me earlier in the first place and then diverted to this sales associate and will highlight this nonsense.

Yea, I am planning to contact the internet managers of different dealers via phone/e-mail now. I will be going to Sterling Mccall Acura in Houston today for another test drive as I feel I could not soak everything in the first time. I am not planning to negotiate anything today, just a test drive and will ask for a quote.

I used Edmunds true market value (TMV) & TrueCar tools for dealer quotes and TMV came back with $500 off MSRP for 2 of the dealers I think. Costco Auto Program quoted me higher than MSRP i guess. I am thinking of leasing it. Still doing my reasearch on this. Will keep posted.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:58 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Maxwayne,

The brakes feel too soft and run long initially when purchased. I experienced that feel also when I purchased my 2019 RDX. Once they are bedded in they will start to work as they should. Miy brakes are working just fine now that I have put about 1000 miles on mine.
This is not the time to lease and they will make you pay more currently for a lease. I would wait until Acura has better offers for leases.
Thanks for the brake insight and congrats on your purchase. I am deciding between 2019 Acura RDX Tech and 2018 Mazda CX5 grand touring with premium package. I know they are not in the same boat (roughly 10k difference) . But, I am still working on what should be my budget. I know leases are not so great right now. But, I fear as this model appears to be runaway success at least in reviews, the deals at the end of the year may only be slightly better.

Another factor I have to consider is I have to sell my 08 Mustang (~70k miles) soon as its trade value is spiraling downward swiftly.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by maxwayne
You are right. I do see the Luxury Shield service listed on their web site under service plans and it syas 'optional' there. I will contact their Internet Sales manager who had contacted me earlier in the first place and then diverted to this sales associate and will highlight this nonsense.

Yea, I am planning to contact the internet managers of different dealers via phone/e-mail now. I will be going to Sterling Mccall Acura in Houston today for another test drive as I feel I could not soak everything in the first time. I am not planning to negotiate anything today, just a test drive and will ask for a quote.

I used Edmunds true market value (TMV) & TrueCar tools for dealer quotes and TMV came back with $500 off MSRP for 2 of the dealers I think. Costco Auto Program quoted me higher than MSRP i guess. I am thinking of leasing it. Still doing my reasearch on this. Will keep posted.
Insisting on a quote from the internet manager will save you a lot of grief. You can review the numbers in the comfort of your home and they are less likely to try BS like you encountered. I wouldn't even bother getting a quote from a salesman. He needs to make a commission, and the salesmen need a higher price than the internet managers to be happy. You can even test it out when you go for the test drive. The internet manager will probably send you a quote lower than what the salesman offers you after 2 back and forths with his boss. They are a huge waste of time.
maxwayne (07-24-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 06:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by maxwayne
Thanks for the brake insight and congrats on your purchase. I am deciding between 2019 Acura RDX Tech and 2018 Mazda CX5 grand touring with premium package. I know they are not in the same boat (roughly 10k difference) . But, I am still working on what should be my budget. I know leases are not so great right now. But, I fear as this model appears to be runaway success at least in reviews, the deals at the end of the year may only be slightly better.

Another factor I have to consider is I have to sell my 08 Mustang (~70k miles) soon as its trade value is spiraling downward swiftly.

PM me and I can refer you to two guys that can get you real numbers. The issue is you want to lease so I cant help you on that. I can help you get the discount but after that the rest will be up to you. They are likely to make up money with the residual and the money factor. You should shop around for leases with other besides Acura and see what is available. I know others choose to go with other lease options but Acura may be useful for an early turn in later down the road.
maxwayne (07-24-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 08:12 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Does anybody know if you can get the 1000 loyalty discount on the MDX? Also, what is with all this p.m. business. If you got a good deal just post it and list the dealer.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by geocord
Does anybody know if you can get the 1000 loyalty discount on the MDX? Also, what is with all this p.m. business. If you got a good deal just post it and list the dealer.
Do you live in Houston Texas? If so, I will put you in touch with the person for the discount. Hence the PM. Sometimes people aren't really looking to but at this time.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Racer

Do you live in Houston Texas? If so, I will put you in touch with the person for the discount. Hence the PM. Sometimes people aren't really looking to but at this time.
No, I live in Chicago area. But what difference does it make? If you are posting a good deal why not just mention the dealer? And what difference does it make whether they are going to buy “at this time” or a month from now. At least they will know one dealer that is being reasonable. Jus5 don’t understand the secrecy about. If I buy soon and think I got a good deal I will post the details of the deal and the dealer name. Please help me if I’m missing something.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:22 PM
Racer

Or am I being naive and there is some of referral reward involved. If so, just be up front about.

Last edited by geocord; 07-23-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:58 AM
Pro

No, I live in Chicago area. But what difference does it make? If you are posting a good deal why not just mention the dealer? And what difference does it make whether they are going to buy “at this time” or a month from now. At least they will know one dealer that is being reasonable. Jus5 don’t understand the secrecy about. If I buy soon and think I got a good deal I will post the details of the deal and the dealer name. Please help me if I’m missing something.
My post aimed at helpng a local guy. I have posted plenty pricing for the thread. Pricing is still holding at $2500-$3000 discount.Read the thread so you wont ask uninformed questions like this again.
GLWYP.....

Last edited by Hou-RL; 07-24-2018 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:07 AM
Pro

Or am I being naive and there is some of referral reward involved. If so, just be up front about.
No referral. Pricing stated on the thread..
Old 07-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Racer

I appreciate you providing some pricing info. I have read this and just about every other thread on the new RDX so you don’t need to get pissy. All I asked and if you read the thread I wasn’t even referring to just you but to all that post pricing info so don’t take it so personally. I just fail to see the problem with posting the dealer name when posting what your deal numbers. I’ve been on Edmunds forums for years and the vast majority of members post their deal res7lts with the dealer name. This is helpful to members and also to all those people that may just be reading and live in the same area. If I buy I will post the deal and what Chicago area dealer gave me the deal. As a help to others and I won’t ask people to pm me to get the information. I also haven’t a clue as to what your acronym stands for so I guess it’s something like thank you lol.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TLMDXRDX
I just picked up my new RDX (AWD-Tech White with Ebony) yesterday after coming to terms with a dealer a few weeks back. I had to wait for the car to be built but after having for about a day now I am really excited about the purchase. I was able to get $1500 off MRSP PLUS the $1000 loyalty cash plus free wheel locks and a good discount on the all season and cargo mats. I enjoy negotiating and found a really good dealer to work with in the Chicagoland area. They made the whole process really simple for me given I was driving from a couple hours away, and they gave me a more than fair amount for my trade in. I will try to post pictures this weekend when I am able to.

I also purchased an extended warranty which I never have done so in the past, but with this being an all new vehicle and with so many new features and technology, it seemed to be worth it. Again I kept saying no until I got an offer I thought was more than fair (10 years 100,000 miles for $1600) for bumper to bumper, so if anything really goes wrong with the car (including the new panoramic sunroof, the alternator, or any of the other tech features it's covered). Now perhaps I will never use it, but given my son will likely be getting this car in about 5 years when he can drive, I have a feeling something may randomly happen to it.
I just posted these pics in another thread but wanted to share here too. If anyone wants info on the dealer I used to get $1500 off MRSP plus the $1000 loyalty incentive in the Midwest/Chicago area please send me a PM.

The following 2 users liked this post by TLMDXRDX:
Curious3GTL (07-24-2018), Nostradamus (07-25-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

When I asked about the loyalty ($1,000) on an RDX purchase, they informed me it was only for those who are trading in an RDX within 4 yrs old. I quickly switched from calling the discounts by a given name and just kept quiet. Each time a new offer was presented, I crossed it out and wrote mine down over it and added accessories I would expect to be thrown in at the bottom of the sheet. When he asked me.."What is that?" I told him it was what I expected to get ...the discount and the added accessories. (We weren't really planning to purchase at that time and told him that too.)

After a couple of failed attempts (salesman telling me it was the best he could do...), I crossed off his offer a third time and circled my offer and told him we weren't in a hurry. The GM came by and asked if we were being taken care of and I replied..."that just depends". He introduced himself to us and then the discussion got real. We got $2,000 off plus $500 in accessories. I sure am enjoying that Classy Lady parked in my garage

My two cents (for what it's worth) - I think the real thing to consider for those of you trying to decide on purchasing now or holding out till later is - do you need it now? Would you have greater gain (trade in/lease options) if you take the plunge now rather than later? We really didn't need to buy now; but, my husband wanted me to have her to enjoy for the next three/four months instead of waiting til Nov/Dec. You have to decide what's best for your situation and however hard it is...take the emotions out of the equation, because that's what they are relying on to give them the edge; and, that came straight from Acura General Manager Jon Ikeda's mouth in his speech at a dealers only meeting at the time of launch.

​​​​​​"We don't have to just talk about value and deals," Ikeda said. "We can sell this from an emotional perspective." quoted from a news article from Automotive News.

Last edited by TxLady; 07-24-2018 at 03:57 PM.
geocord (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:47 PM
7th Gear

PM me and I can refer you to two guys that can get you real numbers. The issue is you want to lease so I cant help you on that. I can help you get the discount but after that the rest will be up to you. They are likely to make up money with the residual and the money factor. You should shop around for leases with other besides Acura and see what is available. I know others choose to go with other lease options but Acura may be useful for an early turn in later down the road.
I went to Sterling Mccall Acura Houston for a test drive yesterday . They quoted me 41,495 for the Red FWD with Tech and optional 699 dealer add-on which can be taken off. I told them I am still researching and will revert with my offer later. I am planning to buy the car around August end now. That will give me some time to do some more research and consider other lease options from other manufacturers. I will send you a PM nonetheless for the contacts. I am sure the pricing will change next month but will contact them to see their offers.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:00 PM
7th Gear

Question on lease -

I came to know that leaseing in Texas is different in the way that we need to pay sales tax on the selling price of the vehicle. If someone has experiecne with leasing in Texas with trade-in, can you check if the below I calculations look ok. If you need, I can provide the source excel file.

I made an excel based on the money factor and residual values for my zip code. Selling price is the assumed price for now.

My doubts are around - upfront sales tax and upfront taxes on trade-in and other down payments.

Acura RDX Texas Lease Calculation
Old 07-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I also haven’t a clue as to what your acronym stands for so I guess it’s something like thank you lol.

Just taking a wild shot here, I’m guessing that ‘Hou-RL’ is from Houston, and has/had an RL.
geocord (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 04:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

Just taking a wild shot here, I’m guessing that ‘Hou-RL’ is from Houston, and has/had an RL.
I think he was referring to “GLWYP” at the end of his reply - which I interpret as Good Luck With Your Price(?) ???
geocord (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Fury63

I think he was referring to “GLWYP” at the end of his reply - which I interpret as Good Luck With Your Price(?) ???
You are right fury63. No clue what it means but your interpretation sounds good. Never saw it anywhere before.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:05 PM
Pro

You are right fury63. No clue what it means but your interpretation sounds good. Never saw it anywhere before.
It is Good Luck With Your Purchase ( GLWYP ), it is used in some other forums. Hard to keep up all the acronyms as they overlap these days.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:09 PM
Racer

It is Good Luck With Your Purchase ( GLWYP ), it is used in some other forums. Hard to keep up all the acronyms as they overlap these days.
That makes much more sense!
Old 07-24-2018, 09:54 PM
Racer

Are people getting quotes on a BMW X3 or Audi Q5 before buying the RDX? Just wondering since some reviews mentioned the RDX was the best value (MSRP to MSRP) but the X3 was the better vehicle. The X3 is highly discounted now, it would be interesting if that would change peoples' opinions on which car to buy if they were the same price.
Nostradamus (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by skarface
Are people getting quotes on a BMW X3 or Audi Q5 before buying the RDX? Just wondering since some reviews mentioned the RDX was the best value (MSRP to MSRP) but the X3 was the better vehicle. The X3 is highly discounted now, it would be interesting if that would change peoples' opinions on which car to buy if they were the same price.
Depends on How much X3 is being discounted at ? what does significant discount mean ? $5000 or $8000 off ? For me it will have to be that much off because BMW is so much more expensive on maintenance services and once out of warrantee, if something goes wrong, it is much more expensive to fix than Acura RDX
Old 07-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I found this Beatiful RED 2018 RDX All wheel drive with Tech package. Should i go for it ?? They are telling me though the incentive discount is there but No where close to 2018 TLX incentives. I asked the sales guy, Why ? and he said RDX is just more popular. and they are trying to get rid of these 2018's but still they won't discount it as much as 2018 TLX. I am very torn on this. cause i wanted the RDX since i had TL all my life and want something different. RDX Interior isn't a luxury look, just Not enough Wood trim and finishes, mostly plastic and cheap looking but exterior is just beautiful. What should i do ?? Should i pay less and get the TLX or pay more and get the RDX ?
Old 07-24-2018, 10:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nostradamus
RDX Interior isn't a luxury look, just Not enough Wood trim and finishes, mostly plastic and cheap looking
Never mind. You’re referencing a ‘18 RDX. I think you’re in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Fury63; 07-24-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Nostradamus (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Depends on How much X3 is being discounted at ? what does significant discount mean ? $5000 or $8000 off ? For me it will have to be that much off because BMW is so much more expensive on maintenance services and once out of warrantee, if something goes wrong, it is much more expensive to fix than Acura RDX
More like $8k off
Nostradamus (07-24-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX