Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by TxLady
Wellll, wasn’t planning on doing anything more than a test drive; but now have a Modern Steel Advance FWD with Greystone interior (Dark grey piping), parked in our garage. Got $2000 off msrp and cargo cover and cargo tray at no cost. No trade in.

(HOU-RL, I know you would have gotten a better deal for us. We were all set on a WDP/Parchment, but when we saw this combo (which you can not configure on the Acura “build it” site, both my husband and I got bit by the “buy me” bug.)

will post pics pics when I can figure out how . Truly an elegant combo... very classy.
Congrats on the new ride. Let us know the details of what you think soon. Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by quantum7
Congrats on the new ride. Let us know the details of what you think soon. Enjoy!
Yes. I am interested in knowing, if you care to share, what made the final decision on this car instead of others.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I had a Lincoln MKX prior to this RDX.. their salesmen and finance guys had a desktop pad .. was really cool
I have really appreciated the insights and thoughts of others on this forum so I’ll Definately be posting my thoughts as well.

We test drove three RDX’s. The first two were at a dealer across town and the SH-AWD Advance and FWD Advance. Both models rode rough and were very noisy. Neither my husband nor I were terribly impressed and left leaning towards an offer at the BMW dealership for a 2018 X3 (sticker of $53,500 but with offer of almost $7,500 off). The BMW lacked adaptive cruise control and the seats were not quite as comfortable as the RDX.

I posted concerns about the RDX test drive on the forum and was reminded by idgystinks about tire pressure. We checked with the first dealership and they confirmed the cars has 38 psi in them. Rather than drive an hour to retest...we contacted the Acura dealer which was closer to us (15 min.) and they had just gotten in a Modern Steel with grey stone Advance. My husband made an appt with the sales person but told him he wanted the psi to be the specified pressure (turns out to be 33psi). The drive was amazing. Like gliding along.

Went with the FWD Advance because after considering our driving needs, felt SH-AWD might be overkill for the few times a yr it might come in handy.

INTERESTING FACT...the second dealership said the car we drove and purchased also had 38 psi set by the dealer. They told us they do that on purpose because it prevents the tires from getting a flat area on their resting spot while parked for a few days in the lot. BIG TAKE AWAY- anyone considering test driving should insist on checking the tire psi for a more accurate drive experience. The difference sold us.

About the color. My husband has always liked the dark grey and ebony...I always preferred the WDP with Parchment...primarily because I wanted a lighter interior...so this combination was a happy compromise. The Modern Steel Grey / Greystone combination is really quite stunning.

Last edited by TxLady; 07-15-2018 at 12:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TxLady:
burn1010 (07-16-2018), skarface (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
My Deal:

Advance SH-AWD. Silver with espresso. Tough combo to find in the northeast at the moment. Got straight $1k off MSRP. I didn’t gualify for conquest or loyalty incentives. They sweetened the deal with great trade numbers. I pick it up Wednesday. Overall great dealer experience so I’m happy with the deal.
The following users liked this post:
skarface (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Silvershine
My Deal:

Advance SH-AWD. Silver with espresso. Tough combo to find in the northeast at the moment. Got straight $1k off MSRP. I didn’t gualify for conquest or loyalty incentives. They sweetened the deal with great trade numbers. I pick it up Wednesday. Overall great dealer experience so I’m happy with the deal.
Congrats! What make/model/year/mileage was your trade in and what did they offer you? I had a feeling that dealers are making up relatively low discounts by giving higher than normal/market trade ins to close deals and make customers happy.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Cruisin'

My trade is 2105 pathfinder. They gave me 23k with a less than perfect carfax report.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
My trade is 2105 pathfinder...
Time travel?
Old 07-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Cruisin'

Ha Ha Ha!! Fat fingered 2015
Old 07-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Time travel?
GREAT SCOTT!!!! i bet it runs on banana peels and stale beer!
Old 07-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12

GREAT SCOTT!!!! i bet it runs on banana peels and stale beer!
Beer gets stale? Not in my house.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Beer gets stale? Not in my house.
that’s why you’re stuck in 1985 😂

Old 07-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Racer

My trade is 2105 pathfinder. They gave me 23k with a less than perfect carfax report.
Great deal! Enjoy the new ride!
Old 07-15-2018, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Nope, the Sixties -
Old 07-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Drifting

1985 was a very good year. I don’t understand the use of the word ‘stuck’.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

Yes. I am interested in knowing, if you care to share, what made the final decision on this car instead of others.
I haven’t completely got the hang of this forum yet. I just noticed that although I quoted your message (MADD Dog) in my reply...it attached it to Stew4HD ( sorry for the blip Stew).

Also wanted to give a hearty thank you, Madd Dog, for your words of wisdom concerning the BMW. We did weigh them considerably in making our decision.

Gotta say...never thought much of the HUD, but only after 20 miles, I’m sold (err spoiled )!
Old 07-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
Today in Los Angeles purchased a DWP/Black SH-awd Advance. $1,500 discount plus $1,000 loyalty. For my trade I received just a few hundred dollars below Edmunds estimate. Very easy negotiation. No hassle at all. What a wonderful vehicle. Got more approving looks today than I received in my TLX A-spec over the last 6 months. Folks do seem to love SUVs.
Congrats on the new ride! Question for you—we have a house in Palm Springs where our 2016 RDX is off lease in October. We traded our MDX in NJ for the 2019 RDX and love it, so we may get another 2019 Advance SH-AWD out there (we can do an early trade at the end of August). I've been looking at dealer stock all across SoCal and there are very few SH-AWD models listed anywhere (our PS dealer has only 1-4 total RDXs listed). Do you know if the dealers have many more models than they are showing in stock, or is it that they don't stock AWDs out there? You seemed to have no trouble and got a great deal!
Old 07-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Instructor

My Deal:

congrats on your new wheels! Please keep us all informed of your thoughts and impressions.

(I already know there’s gonna be a HUGE learning curve with all the bells and whistles but up for the challenge! )
Old 07-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TxLady
Yep...I see it now. . We were really taken by this combo. My main car before this purchase was an Amphrasite with Ebony interior (Acura TL). The Texas heat would fry your buns after returning from a parked car during our Texas summers (100+). Hoping the lighter interior will offer some relief. The dark grey has always been great regarding dirt. We could go two-three weeks between washings and it still looks great (hides Texas dust well) between washings. It will now go to a granddaughter who just got her license.

Speaking of heat and fried buns, can you let us know how them seats work? Are they cooled, or just ventilated? I envy your ability to give the extra cars to a granddaughter. We only have granddogs and the daughter is all grown up and is a married woman and not only does not need our help anymore, but seems to be ‘watching out’ for us.

sigh.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Speaking of heat and fried buns, can you let us know how them seats work? Are they cooled, or just ventilated? I envy your ability to give the extra cars to a granddaughter. We only have granddogs and the daughter is all grown up and is a married woman and not only does not need our help anymore, but seems to be ‘watching out’ for us.

sigh.
All Acura/Honda products only have ventilated seats. I wish they would get on the ball and actually cool them as Ford and others do.
The crazy thing is on the top trims in the Honda Ridgeline you can't get even the ventilated seats and yet they are available in Canada. I guess it doesn't get warm enough here in TX or AZ, FL etc.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Instructor

sigh.
Yes! The Advance model has ventilated and heated front seats and heated back seats (as well as a heated steering wheel). Have used the heated seats on numerous occasions during the past fifteen years on the Acura TL ( we don’t get low temps often...but when we do...burrr). Never had a heated steering wheel but wished I’d had one on several occasions in the past.

(Btw - we have an amazing grand dog (Tibetan Terrier), and three pretty terrific grown and married kids. They never ask for our help, but when we have an opportunity...we offer/give it. (Were hoping to break in our car in before taking a fall trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway this year. As an artist, I hope to capture some canvas worthy scenes).
Old 07-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Drifting

That’s a great trip, up the Blue Ridge. Take your time, or you will really get sea sick on the curves.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Instructor

That’s a great trip, up the Blue Ridge. Take your time, or you will really get sea sick on the curves.

Thanks for the tip. We heard the mph is 45 so it’ll be moderate. We’ve planned lots of stops along the way.

But now back to the important stuff...we spent this afternoon navigating around the navigator, and were finding it very intuitive. The manuals are amazing at directing you through once you pin point the terminology of what you’re trying to learn / accomplish. The most cumbersome task so far was setting the garage door opener, but once we realized we were misinterpreting the directions...it went smoothly. (Operator malfunction )

Pictures hopefully tomorrow...

Last edited by TxLady; 07-15-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Pro

Received 543 Likes on 256 Posts
I bought my RDX at Center Acura in the SF Valley. Internet manager who wasn’t willing to move below MSRP on any RDX in early June called me and asked if I was still in the market. We eventually agreed to $2,500 of list including loyalty. I checked local stock and for some strange reason Center had three of the only six available Sh-awd Advances within 100 miles of LA. To answer your question I’m doubtful that there’s hidden inventory. Based on my experience it appeared the dealers had little control over what was coming in. Additionally, based on a conversation I had with my local dealer, the So Cal dealers seem to believe it’s easier to sell FWD models so they’re not really pushing for Sh-awd vehicles.

Originally Posted by DesignerTom
Congrats on the new ride! Question for you—we have a house in Palm Springs where our 2016 RDX is off lease in October. We traded our MDX in NJ for the 2019 RDX and love it, so we may get another 2019 Advance SH-AWD out there (we can do an early trade at the end of August). I've been looking at dealer stock all across SoCal and there are very few SH-AWD models listed anywhere (our PS dealer has only 1-4 total RDXs listed). Do you know if the dealers have many more models than they are showing in stock, or is it that they don't stock AWDs out there? You seemed to have no trouble and got a great deal!

Last edited by Honda430; 07-15-2018 at 11:54 PM.
DesignerTom (07-17-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 12:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Honda430
I bought my RDX at Center Acura in the SF Valley. Internet manager who wasn’t willing to move below MSRP on any RDX in early June called me and asked if I was still in the market. We eventually agreed to $2,500 of list including loyalty. I checked local stock and for some strange reason Center had three of the only six available Sh-awd Advances within 100 miles of LA. To answer your question I’m doubtful that there’s hidden inventory. Based on my experience it appeared the dealers had little control over what was coming in. Additionally, based on a conversation I had with my local dealer, the So Cal dealers seem to believe it’s easier to sell FWD models so they’re not really pushing for Sh-awd vehicles.

Crazy the difference a month makes haha..0 to $2500...lol
Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skarface
Not a matter of time but supply and demand. Dealers around here are still toeing the line and not moving on price. Watching dealer inventory on-line it's easy to see that just about every RDX that hits inventory is generally gone within a week - the only ones I've seen sit for a while were base models. With turnover like that there's absolutely no reason for the dealer to be generous in the negotiations.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Pro

Received 543 Likes on 256 Posts
In the dealer’s defense no dealer I talked to last month was willing to readily admit to the loyalty rebate. Guess they figured they could simply pocket it. Without the rebate I paid $1,500 under MSRP. Based on what’s happening in the market that’s definitely a win for the dealership. My guess is that my car had been in the lot for less than a week and as I previously noted there were only six for sale in the LA area. Could be there was some internal sales promotion going on. Last weekend I had test driven a Silver/Expresso Advance/Sh-awd (that combo looks much better than I thought it would) at another dealer and was told the only discount was loyalty.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:02 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Yes they are all saying the loyalty may not be here long but I suspect that it will be here for quite sometime. I addition the prices will drop to more reasonable levels as the 2019 start sitting on the lots. I had to stop by my dealer Saturday for a moment and they have about 20 2019 RDX cars on the lot. That is about 11 more than what they had when I picked mine up 6 days prior. Looks like the dealers are starting to obtain more cars quicker than it sounds in some areas.
If you want a good deal just wait a bit if you dont have a trade and you will get better pricing.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Drifting

I had a good, open discussion with our salesman. He thought that the current deals will go through Labor Day. That dealership, admittedly in a ‘comfortable ‘ neighborhood, would give what Acura gives, to those who appear to know what that is, but nothing more.

When it comes down to it, I will get what I want to get, and pay what I have to pay to get it.

Thank the Lord for my place.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
I had a good, open discussion with our salesman. He thought that the current deals will go through Labor Day.
And what happens after labor day??? Prices will raise !?😂
Old 07-16-2018, 06:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by russianDude

And what happens after labor day??? Prices will raise !?😂
No, the next set of support will come through. As Rosanne Rosanadanna says, “it’s always something.”
Old 07-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Racer

Not a matter of time but supply and demand. Dealers around here are still toeing the line and not moving on price. Watching dealer inventory on-line it's easy to see that just about every RDX that hits inventory is generally gone within a week - the only ones I've seen sit for a while were base models. With turnover like that there's absolutely no reason for the dealer to be generous in the negotiations.
If someone is in a location that is sticking at MSRP, at $2500 difference, I would think travelling to pick up a RDX or getting it shipped would be worth at least considering.

That's if they really can't wait to pick one up lol.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

If someone is in a location that is sticking at MSRP, at $2500 difference, I would think travelling to pick up a RDX or getting it shipped would be worth at least considering.

That's if they really can't wait to pick one up lol.
Actually I considered that. Of all the Acura dealers within about 500 miles of me there was exactly 1 RDX that met my requirements. I found that over a weekend, called the dealer on Monday AM and was told there was a deposit on it. It would be complicated by being an out of state purchase with a trade registered out-state from where the sale would take place. Have not seen a single RDX in Michigan I would consider buying - if I had I'd already be driving it.

Some things are simple in concept but get a bit messy when trying to put it in practice.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Racer

Actually I considered that. Of all the Acura dealers within about 500 miles of me there was exactly 1 RDX that met my requirements. I found that over a weekend, called the dealer on Monday AM and was told there was a deposit on it. It would be complicated by being an out of state purchase with a trade registered out-state from where the sale would take place. Have not seen a single RDX in Michigan I would consider buying - if I had I'd already be driving it.

Some things are simple in concept but get a bit messy when trying to put it in practice.
A trade definitely complicates it. I was thinking more along the lines of making a deal, flying over and driving it back home or getting it shipped over. Probably not worth the risk or hassle if you have to depend on them giving you a fair price on a trade, especially if they know you travelled far to make the deal. You've lost pretty much all leverage at that point if they try to pull shenanigans.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I live in NC. My last two cars were bought in Jacksonville, FL. The deals made the buy decision very easy. NC dealers wouldn't budge.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live in southern California and wondering what is the best deal anyone got here. I went to two dealers so far. They won't budge from MRSP and not even offering to toss in mats or something. Plus, they only want to special order vs trying to locate one for me. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:37 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
$2500 discount was the best I have seen. I was able to obtain that amount and a couple of others also have gotten the same amount.
jbinnyc (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by jbinnyc
Plus, they only want to special order vs trying to locate one for me.
WHY???
Old 07-17-2018, 03:41 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jbinnyc
I live in southern California and wondering what is the best deal anyone got here. I went to two dealers so far. They won't budge from MRSP and not even offering to toss in mats or something. Plus, they only want to special order vs trying to locate one for me. Thanks.
Where are you located in socal? I'm in OC and all of the dealerships have made it clear up front that they will not budge off MSRP every time I inquired about the RDX. I have a car on order and its supposed to be here between 4-6 weeks from now, but we have yet to discuss price. I only had to put a deposit down which they would not cash.
jbinnyc (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 03:42 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just picked up a 2019 base last night that my wife will be primarily driving last night. There is, amazingly, only one Acura dealership in San Antonio and it's one of those "No Haggle, One Simple Price" places so getting a deal with them is impossible. I had been looking at inventory for a while and the RDX has been flying off the lot at MSRP so I get it on their behalf. They weren't going to bend over backward for me but they DID come in $1K higher than anyone else would on our trade-in (2014 BMW X3) and I was able to get $500 off using the USAA Car Buying Service (True Car) so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I probably could've waited for the conquest offer to expand to BMW/Mercedes at some point or a little later in the year but I figured whatever benefit I may get from waiting would be offset by some maintenance and depreciation on the X3. Can't wait to really start to learn the car and make it mine/ours!

Also, as an FYI to anyone who just purchased and wants to get some accessories, eBay has a $25 off $119 coupon that's good until tonight (PRIMO119). I picked up some all-weather floor mats for $110 shipped just now
jbinnyc (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Hey Chreph. Which supplier did you get the mats from on eBay? The only supplier I could locate was “hawholesaleplus” for $104 plus $41.20 for shipping and when I plug in the primo code...it says I haven’t reached the required amount...so shipping apparently doesn’t count towards the $20 off.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX