Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
There are many variables that play into pricing such as regions, number of dealers and I can add several more. We are not comparing apples to apples in this thread so what price works in one area does not translate to other areas of the country. There are dealers who are still treating the RDX like it is hard to get at this time. My dealer has 32 RDX's in stock last Friday when I stopped by to pick up my license plates. Dealers in my area have most options and colors in stock already ( exception is SH-AWD in our area not usually purchased) as they sell a lot of RDX's so they have to be aggressive on pricing to complete.Getting $2500 off an RDX in my area is simple by just asking and should be able to obtain in a matter of minutes. If you want to go for $3K or more in my area, it may require a little bit more time but may not be impossible depending on the dealer. Some will say you will never get that price but it all depends on multiple factors and your knowledge of how to negotiate with the dealers.
Use the information here as a guide for your area and not as a rule because your options may be limited and the dealers may be aware of that. In my area, Houston Texas, we can go to other manufacturers and get what we want typically so they know that we will only play the game for so long.

Last edited by Hou-RL; 08-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JoelEDC (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Twaeball
Just want to share my shopping experience so far. I have four dealers that I am shopping. I am looking for a WDP/SH-AWD/Tech. All correspondence has been thru email or text. Only one of the four have the exact vehicle in stock and it is being used as the owner's demo. Supposedly only has 450 gentle miles at this point. Also has oem chrome roof rails and running boards added. Salesman said they would give me $1000 off msrp and a $500 discount for the gently used miles. And the best part, according to him, is they would sell all the accessories at cost! I asked for a complete list of accessories with prices. Tint, Nitrogen in Tires, protective film in door handles and wheel locks. List $1297 their cost $758. I told him this package was not worth more than $100-$150 to me.Roof rails list $899. Sell to me $699. Told him to look on ebay and see that the roof rails were much cheaper from numerous acura dealers. They would remove the running boards. I countered with a price that didn't include any of the accessories. Haven't heard back in two days.
One dealer is offering $1200 off msrp for any 2019 RDX on the lot. If I order they are not offering any discount. Third dealer has offered $1500 off msrp on two different vehicles. First was an advance and wrong color. Second was wrong color. The kicker to this discount was both vehicles included their "Pro Accessories" package for $895. Same thing first dealer wanted $758. Worthless at that price in both cases. Fourth dealer has offered $400 to $500 off msrp. None discount include any of the Acura offerings. I am not trading in a vehicle. I'm going to visit at least two of them in person tomorrow. I'll see if they show any motivation to sell at all.
:tldr:

So, I went car shopping with my wife Saturday. It was a welcome rainy day. I'm in the DFW area of Texas and it is super dry. I welcome the rain for a second reason. Car dealers know if you are shopping for a car in the rain you are fairly serious about purchasing that day.

Got to the first dealership and got see the salesman that emailed me immediately. The vehicle I was interested in, that they had in stock the previous day, was sold at 10:30 PM. I really wanted the sh-awd. The only other sh-awd they had in stock was black. I love the way black looks but I hate keeping black clean so it was a no go. Test drove the black sh-awd and salesman said he has a lunar silver with expresso coming in Monday. My wife did not like the expresso interior, so we left at 11:00 AM. Salesman didn't even try to sell us a fwd. I never even talked price.

Grabbed a bite to eat and arrived at second dealership a little after noon. Still raining off and on. Asked about a sh-awd that the showed in stock and was told it was already sold. Salesman practices his best SWAT routine.
( Sell Whats' Available Today!) He tells me I don't need awd. I told him I know. I just want it. My wife wants to drive a fwd as she isn't convince she has to have awd. They have a wdp fwd advance that we test drive. My wife likes it just fine even though she could tell the difference in handling. Plus it is the color she wants. She wants me to try and make a deal.

We sit down to talk price and the salesman brings me the sheet that they emailed me about a sh-awd. I asked him why he's trying to sell a vehicle that they don't have and don't know when they'll have it. I told him if I wanted to make a deal do it on the car we just drove. The RDX had $1895 in dealer accessories added on. I gave the salesman a hard time about the value of the package before we even test drove. First offer is the same $1200 off that they emailed me. The $1200 is with all the dealer added accessories. I told him he was crazy and thought this would be a good time to disclose my employer and occupation since he had failed to ask earlier. I work for a car dealer selling accessories. I proceeded to tell him the true retail value of his add ons and that I didn't want them. He goes back to the sales manager and come back with a price that takes off a couple of big accessories and has reasonable prices on what is left. They lowered the window tint from $299 to $109. Still high since it may cost them $50 to tint the two front windows. Acura all weather mats through out were listed as a luxury package for $499, lowered to $250. Locking lug nuts listed at $149 lowered to $45. My favorite was nitrogen in the tires at $149 lowered to zero. The other add on was a satellite tracking device that the salesman claimed he used to find the car. All the 2019 RDX were in the same row and he had the keyfob. I asked him how it was different from Acuralink. Only a one time charge of $995 was his selling point. They had removed the tracker from their offer. I gave them a hard time about the window tint cost and quality. Their offer still had the $1200 off MSRP. At this point I pulled out my cheat sheet with published invoice for the vehicle and said they would have to do better. The salesman was visibly bothered that I had invoice prices. He started looking on his phone at KBB and other sites then asked me where I got the prices. He went back to the sales manager and returned with a quote. He said I had the actual invoice price but they had a little over $400 in advertising costs associated with the vehicle. My wife was starting to get annoyed with me. She was also miserable from a migraine and back pain. Their offer was basically for invoice plus advertising plus tint, wheel locks and floor mats. I countered with $44500 + ttl and remove the floor liners. They came back with $44515.31. Salesman said that was as close as the sales manger could get it to come out with their computer program. An hour later we were driving home with a 2019 RDX. I made my wife follow me home with the wet roads. Safety features FTW.

:tldr:
No trade in. Did not qualify for Manufacture cash incentives.
2019 RDX WDP/FWD/Advanced
MSRP was $46395 discounted $1879.69 to $44515.31 which included tint ($109) and wheel locks ($45) + ttl.
The following 2 users liked this post by Twaeball:
hongthan (08-15-2018), JoelEDC (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Pro

Congrats Twaeball! Enjoy your new RDX.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by quantum7
Was a trade involved or was that straight up $3312 off of the MSRP?
Straight off sticker.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by MarineOne
Straight off sticker.
That is pretty damn good if you did not have a trade or buy a bunch of accessories or add ons.
Good job. You should be getting some PMs from other buyers in your area.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Yup, that was about my deal, I got $2500 straight off MSRP , no trade , all cash deals but did not qualify for the extra $1000 loyalty or Military , which was offered to me initially . So , I could have gotten $3500 off if I qualify for one of those incentives
Old 08-13-2018, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmod
Yup, that was about my deal, I got $2500 straight off MSRP , no trade , all cash deals but did not qualify for the extra $1000 loyalty or Military , which was offered to me initially . So , I could have gotten $3500 off if I qualify for one of those incentives
How?! I'm trying to negotiate right now here in SoCal and they are not budging. The best I got so far is $500 off of MSRP but then another $600 added on for a "protection package" from the dealer. I mentioned that I wanted something lower, and they touted how this is a hot car and that they're not going to budge much.
KeithL (08-14-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Read my previous posts in this thread . I have laid out all tips and tricks to get that SoCal deal
Old 08-13-2018, 10:04 PM
4th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Picked up a 2019 AWD Advance on Saturday in North Jersey using the Costco program. MSRP of $48,395 including destination. I purchased it for $44,733. Added about another $3,000 in accessories, another $1,100 in title/registration/fees and another $3,200 in tax for an out the door price of $52,100. Was contacted by the dealer the previous Monday through the Costco program. They quoted me a price over the phone, which I was surprised at, but I think it was because I was coming from over an hour away and I said I didn't know if I wanted to drive that far. The price they quoted was remarkable and I even confirmed if it was AWD and a 2019 model and the Advance package, and they said yes. I made an appointment to go check it out on Saturday. I said to my wife before we got there that guaranteed they will quote me a different price today. Sure enough, they did. Instead of being about $3,500 off MSRP, they now quoted about $2,500 off. They claimed the Costco price they quoted on Monday was only good for 72 hours. I don't even know if that's true or not. There was some back and forth with the dealer and his manager, but they knew I was ready to buy if they honored the original price they quoted. They eventually did, but didn't budge on some of the accessories. Overall, a pretty quick deal and I drove it home that day. Have to go back next week for the accessories to be installed. There was no trade in involved, no loyalty rebates involved (my old car is a Subaru), so at the end of the day, I think I got a great deal. Put half down and financed it through the 36 month, 1.9% deal Acura has going. Going to pick up some additional accessories with the 50% off coupon Costco gives you for purchasing the car through the program (although its only good for up to $400 in accessories for a total discount of $200). Should be enough to cover the all season mats, cargo tray and part of the cost of the cargo cover.
Curious3GTL (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by JerseyJoeRDX19
Picked up a 2019 AWD Advance on Saturday in North Jersey using the Costco program. MSRP of $48,395 including destination. I purchased it for $44,733. Added about another $3,000 in accessories, another $1,100 in title/registration/fees and another $3,200 in tax for an out the door price of $52,100. Was contacted by the dealer the previous Monday through the Costco program. They quoted me a price over the phone, which I was surprised at, but I think it was because I was coming from over an hour away and I said I didn't know if I wanted to drive that far. The price they quoted was remarkable and I even confirmed if it was AWD and a 2019 model and the Advance package, and they said yes. I made an appointment to go check it out on Saturday. I said to my wife before we got there that guaranteed they will quote me a different price today. Sure enough, they did. Instead of being about $3,500 off MSRP, they now quoted about $2,500 off. They claimed the Costco price they quoted on Monday was only good for 72 hours. I don't even know if that's true or not. There was some back and forth with the dealer and his manager, but they knew I was ready to buy if they honored the original price they quoted. They eventually did, but didn't budge on some of the accessories. Overall, a pretty quick deal and I drove it home that day. Have to go back next week for the accessories to be installed. There was no trade in involved, no loyalty rebates involved (my old car is a Subaru), so at the end of the day, I think I got a great deal. Put half down and financed it through the 36 month, 1.9% deal Acura has going. Going to pick up some additional accessories with the 50% off coupon Costco gives you for purchasing the car through the program (although its only good for up to $400 in accessories for a total discount of $200). Should be enough to cover the all season mats, cargo tray and part of the cost of the cargo cover.
If you can cancel the accessories that's an amazing deal. You can probably get them cheaper online. Looks like you got a great deal and up to the impossible $4-5k off if you include the loyalty rebate. Either way, enjoy!
JerseyJoeRDX19 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just checked in Raleigh, NC and Costco does not have a prearranged price with any local dealer
Old 08-14-2018, 03:38 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice to see people getting below MSRP. My dealership is still asking $3995 over MSRP for "Market Adjustment" and it seems like they wont budge.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DevineRDX
Nice to see people getting below MSRP. My dealership is still asking $3995 over MSRP for "Market Adjustment" and it seems like they wont budge.
I am aware of one dealership in SoCal asking for $4k over MSRP as well.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Pro

They will drop that price eventually if they sit long enough.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:42 PM
10th Gear

$2,500 under msrp here in TX for SH-AWD Tech. It was a challenge finding the AWD, it's mostly FWD here in TX. That's a cash deal, no accessories, no rebates (that I'm aware of). I'm actually waiting for the car to arrive, so the deal isn't done yet, but I have it in writing and hopefully they won't try any last minute stunts. There was surprisingly little drama. I made it clear that I was a buyer with cash in hand and they could either do the 2,500 off or I'd shop the same offer to all dealers within a reasonable drive. I let them stick me with a $180 doc fee because I was too lazy to fight about it and I thought the overall deal was fair. I had already tested the out of town market and nobody said they would do better than $1500 off (but I bet I could have gotten them to the 2500 discount if pushed).

On a related note - I think it can actually be an advantage when a dealer doesn't have the car you want in stock (assuming they can order it or it's already inbound). It puts them at a disadvantage because they don't have what you are looking for and they know they lose the sale forever if you go down the road to a dealer that has it. I find that dealers get a little desperate when they don't have what you are looking for. So much of the dealership "game" is trying to get you excited about buying that car sitting right in front of you. When they don't have that card to play, their game breaks down a bit and their playbook falls apart. A couple exceptions to that - when the car has limited availability/allocation or if they need to bring a car from another dealer (which cost them $). The new RDX is a good seller, but they aren't really in short supply (at least not in TX).
Old 08-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by starlord

I am aware of one dealership in SoCal asking for $4k over MSRP as well.
I think I know which dealership you're talking about. I got a quote from one today for $47471.19 OTD for a RDX FWD Tech. I've been going back and forth with a few dealers here in SoCal and the lowest so far I've gotten on a FWD Tech is $44,500 OTD. I'm not being super picky, as long as the Tech has the Ebony interior, I don't mind any of the exterior colors (except that horrendous bronze/brown). I'm thinking maybe I should wait until Labor Day to see if they have any deals (highly doubt it). I haven't done this in a while, but this is exhausting. Been going the email route for a past few days now and I'm super tempted to walk in but I'm not necessarily in a rush right now to get a new vehicle. I could try my chances with an XC60 since it's nearing the end of the year, but those are a few thousand more for pretty much the same features. My car works just fine and I could hold off for a few months. But that RDX is just so nice and I want it now haha. Been wanting a new car for about 4 years now.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
I don't understand why people think that 9-10% discount in Dec/Jan is impossible. On a car with $45K MSRP, that comes out to be 4-4.5K off MSRP, you will still have to pay destination charge. I've done it number of times when buying Acura (no trade in), and know others that did it. Yes, RDX is a nice car, but its not for everyone. I know some people that are actually upset that they removed v6 and that its too sporty, and dont want to get it because of that reason. We all like it, but its not like this car what everyone wants. If it would be a very hot car, you not be getting any discount... but we are already at 1-2K OFF MSRP, and its not even fall/winter

Last edited by russianDude; 08-14-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by blutow
$2,500 under msrp here in TX for SH-AWD Tech. It was a challenge finding the AWD, it's mostly FWD here in TX. That's a cash deal, no accessories, no rebates (that I'm aware of). I'm actually waiting for the car to arrive, so the deal isn't done yet, but I have it in writing and hopefully they won't try any last minute stunts. There was surprisingly little drama. I made it clear that I was a buyer with cash in hand and they could either do the 2,500 off or I'd shop the same offer to all dealers within a reasonable drive. I let them stick me with a $180 doc fee because I was too lazy to fight about it and I thought the overall deal was fair. I had already tested the out of town market and nobody said they would do better than $1500 off (but I bet I could have gotten them to the 2500 discount if pushed).

On a related note - I think it can actually be an advantage when a dealer doesn't have the car you want in stock (assuming they can order it or it's already inbound). It puts them at a disadvantage because they don't have what you are looking for and they know they lose the sale forever if you go down the road to a dealer that has it. I find that dealers get a little desperate when they don't have what you are looking for. So much of the dealership "game" is trying to get you excited about buying that car sitting right in front of you. When they don't have that card to play, their game breaks down a bit and their playbook falls apart. A couple exceptions to that - when the car has limited availability/allocation or if they need to bring a car from another dealer (which cost them $). The new RDX is a good seller, but they aren't really in short supply (at least not in TX).
Good deal and congratulations BLUTOW. I have not seen an AWD in our area to date.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Got someone to say OK to $900 above invoice. Their previous offer was $1,041 below MSRP. In effect, the new offer is now $1,900 below MSRP. That, plus the loyalty and military discounts, equates to $3,650 below MSRP.

Another one's standing offer is $1,000 below MSRP (or $1,416 above invoice). I just became a Costco member for no other reason than to try their auto sales program...lol. This particular dealer participates in this program. I now need to find out if a new offer will change the numbers now that I'm coming from the angle of the Costco program.

I will have to go to Costco to get a picture ID and physically go to the dealership to see the revealed price sheet.

I normally go to the military exchange and commissary -- I hope they have good stuff at Costco so that after all of this is over, I will feel that my $60 cost of membership will have been worth it!
Old 08-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by russianDude
I don't understand why people think that 9-10% discount in Dec/Jan is impossible. On a car with $45K MSRP, that comes out to be 4-4.5K off MSRP, you will still have to pay destination charge. I've done it number of times when buying Acura (no trade in), and know others that did it. Yes, RDX is a nice car, but its not for everyone. I know some people that are actually upset that they removed v6 and that its too sporty, and dont want to get it because of that reason. We all like it, but its not like this car what everyone wants. If it would be a very hot car, you not be getting any discount... but we are already at 1-2K OFF MSRP, and its not even fall/winter
Others either dont see those type of discounts or dont shop outside of their region. When you have 4 dealers in a highly populated area with EVERY manufacturer option it is pretty easy to negotiate sometimes. Competition is easier on larger metro areas and discount are the given.A hot car is the GT3 my and a friend are both trying to order for Euro delivery in Spring 2019. Nearly all dealers are asking for over invoice and we cant even get MSRP or maybe not an allocation. That is a hot car and they have buyer for nearly all of them.The RDX is just another vehicle that will eventually settle down and discount to the appropriate price. Discount are coming sooner than later for some areas.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
Got someone to say OK to $900 above invoice. Their previous offer was $1,041 below MSRP. In effect, the new offer is now $1,900 below MSRP. That, plus the loyalty and military discounts, equates to $3,650 below MSRP.

Another one's standing offer is $1,000 below MSRP (or $1,416 above invoice). I just became a Costco member for no other reason than to try their auto sales program...lol. This particular dealer participates in this program. I now need to find out if a new offer will change the numbers now that I'm coming from the angle of the Costco program.

I will have to go to Costco to get a picture ID and physically go to the dealership to see the revealed price sheet.

I normally go to the military exchange and commissary -- I hope they have good stuff at Costco so that after all of this is over, I will feel that my $60 cost of membership will have been worth it!
On its website, Costco states that "We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied."
Old 08-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
On its website, Costco states that "We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied."
That's true. A lady on the phone told me the same thing.

But, it's the least I can do, especially if it works out well with a new RDX deal, to go ahead and try them out for a year (at least go once in a while). In theory, with a few considered purchases, the $60 will pay for itself -- and at that, it works out to only $5 a month.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Pro

I like this perk from the Costco program: If you complete a satisfaction survey after your purchase, you will receive a 50% off coupon within 30 days, good towards parts, service, and accessories. Hmm... What is the most expensive accessory I can wait a while for until this coupon arrives... Can't use it for tires, though, which is OK by me.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:25 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog

After we decide on a car we wander the lot looking at colors. The last couple of times we got colors we were not expecting to get when we started. For us, the bronze was gleaming in the sun and looked different. We like lighter interiors, so that choice was limited. But when we saw the bronze/beige, we said ‘that one is it’. I expected to go back to bright silver, since I hadn’t had one of them for a while.
Did you deal with Curry?
Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Good deal and congratulations BLUTOW. I have not seen an AWD in our area to date.
Do you mean Advance with AWD? There are quite a few with AWD.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by themax
Do you mean Advance with AWD? There are quite a few with AWD.
They are harder to get in the Houston area right now
Old 08-15-2018, 08:00 PM
Pro

Made a deposit for an Advance SH-AWD in Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone. My dealership will have two with September build dates, of which one is now reserved for me. My guy thinks it would be about 3 weeks out after they get a confirmed build date when it'll be delivered. At the latest, I should get it in mid-October.

I'm getting the car for $750 over invoice via the Costco Auto Program, which also gives me get a 15% discount on all accessories. I mentioned before that Costco will also send a 50% off coupon for parts, service, and accessories if I complete a satisfaction survey within 30 days. So... This is how this all looks:

$44,984.02 (invoice) + $750 = $45,734.02 + $995 (destination) = $46,729.02 - $1,000 (Acura loyalty) = $45,729.02 - $750 (Military discount) = final OTD selling price of $44,979.02 + TTL

That's before accessories, of course -- but also before trade-in and cash down. I'll be transferring my existing tags, which just got renewed in May, so good until May 2020.

If there are any Marylanders out there: How does the tax credit on trade-ins work? I've heard two different ways tax is applied (say my trade-in value is $30,000):

1. Six per cent (6%) (Maryland sales tax) of $30,000 is $1,800; hence, $1,800 (the "tax credit") is SUBTRACTED from the selling price and the product is what's taxed at 6%
2. Subtract $30,000 from the selling price and the product of that is what's taxed at 6%

Thanks!!
Old 08-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Congratulations. You will probably be on pins and needles until it gets here.

Billy
birdonamission (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by billyt1963
Congratulations. You will probably be on pins and needles until it gets here.

Billy
Thank you, Sir! Definitely excited.

I do feel bad that I have to tell the other fella from another dealership (who has been amazing to work with) that I'm getting the car somewhere else. I know I shouldn't (it's a business deal), but still...

One strike against them was when I Google-Mapped them from my house...oh, brother...just TOO much further north from the dealership I'm going with (which happens to be my currently dealership where I got my '17 Advance, and which is already far enough). The pain of driving around that crazy Beltway here in the DC-MD-VA area ~50 miles one way for an oil change or other minor service is not to be underestimated. :o
Old 08-15-2018, 09:27 PM
Pro

Made a deposit for an Advance SH-AWD in Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone. My dealership will have two with September build dates, of which one is now reserved for me. My guy thinks it would be about 3 weeks out after they get a confirmed build date when it'll be delivered. At the latest, I should get it in mid-October.

I'm getting the car for $750 over invoice via the Costco Auto Program, which also gives me get a 15% discount on all accessories. I mentioned before that Costco will also send a 50% off coupon for parts, service, and accessories if I complete a satisfaction survey within 30 days. So... This is how this all looks:

$44,984.02 (invoice) + $750 = $45,734.02 + $995 (destination) = $46,729.02 - $1,000 (Acura loyalty) = $45,729.02 - $750 (Military discount) = final OTD selling price of $44,979.02 + TTL

That's before accessories, of course -- but also before trade-in and cash down. I'll be transferring my existing tags, which just got renewed in May, so good until May 2020.

If there are any Marylanders out there: How does the tax credit on trade-ins work? I've heard two different ways tax is applied (say my trade-in value is $30,000):

1. Six per cent (6%) (Maryland sales tax) of $30,000 is $1,800; hence, $1,800 (the "tax credit") is SUBTRACTED from the selling price and the product is what's taxed at 6%
2. Subtract $30,000 from the selling price and the product of that is what's taxed at 6%

Thanks!!
2. Subtract $30,000 from the selling price and the product of that is what's taxed at 6%.
This is how it is done in the three states that I have purchased in previously.
birdonamission (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 10:35 AM
4th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I like this perk from the Costco program: If you complete a satisfaction survey after your purchase, you will receive a 50% off coupon within 30 days, good towards parts, service, and accessories. Hmm... What is the most expensive accessory I can wait a while for until this coupon arrives... Can't use it for tires, though, which is OK by me.
That 50% off coupon is a great deal. I filled out the survey and got the email coupon in a few minutes. Using mine for the all season mats, cargo tray and cargo cover. Total $470 and will get them all for $270 (+tax). Great deal, considering the dealer wanted to charge installation on all those items if I purchased them when I bought the vehicle last weekend. I looked at him like he was crazy and told him "do you really think I'm going to pay you to "install" mats in my RDX."
birdonamission (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by JerseyJoeRDX19
That 50% off coupon is a great deal. I filled out the survey and got the email coupon in a few minutes. Using mine for the all season mats, cargo tray and cargo cover. Total $470 and will get them all for $270 (+tax). Great deal, considering the dealer wanted to charge installation on all those items if I purchased them when I bought the vehicle last weekend. I looked at him like he was crazy and told him "do you really think I'm going to pay you to "install" mats in my RDX."
Yeah, loving that coupon. Thanks for more details on how that works -- getting it via email right away.

Ha ha. "Installing the mats"... I've heard of dealerships charging for unboxing the cargo tray and laying it down on the back and disposing of all the cardboard (a.k.a. "installing") for only $50 + the cost of the tray. How about doing all that out of courtesy because this person just paid $50,000 for a car they easily could've bought somewhere else?
Old 08-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
2. Subtract $30,000 from the selling price and the product of that is what's taxed at 6%.
This is how it is done in the three states that I have purchased in previously.
I called the Maryland MVA to double-triple check, and you're right. Basically:

1. At the top of the Bill of Sale is the negotiated price you're paying for the car.
2. Subtract your trade-in value.
3. Subtract dealer or manufacturer discounts.
4. Add the cost of Accessories.
5. Add the cost of X (ex. maintenance plan, extended warranty, etc.)
6. The resulting (net) amount is what's taxed at 6%
Old 08-17-2018, 05:49 AM
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts
I finally went to my local dealership for a test drive and they would only discount the car $1,000. They would not honor the Acura loyalty discount because I had a 2006 Acura RSX, not a 2009 model or newer.

I used the Costco program and located a dealership in Maryland for $1,586.93 off.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:38 AM
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts
I forgot to mention that it was for an ASPEC AWD model.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:23 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have had my eye on this car for a while now right when it was announced. Glad to hear prices are settling down a little bit, hopefully they expand the conquest to beyond just 2 models/manufacturers
Old 08-17-2018, 08:48 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The COSTCO program down here has produced no real discount, amazingly. I am in Louisiana, and none of the 3 dealerships here were even participating in the COSTCO discount for this vehicle. I systematically backed out and tried ZIP codes for Jackson, MS (no luck), Houston and Dallas, TX. None of the Texas dealerships that were participating came off MSRP much at all. I was searching for A-spec SH-AWD and they all quoted me at 46,150 to 46,200 or so. Acura build site for this vehicle without add-ons is listed at 46,495 after destination! DAMN! So basically just a few hundred bucks. Oh well, I guess that is my sign to sit tight a bit longer. My current car has been paid off for years, so I don't need to rush.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:02 PM
9th Gear

I got this offer from a dealer:

$1336 off msrp for tech package, but there is $1000 worth of "protection" package, then $150 doc fee and $276 non tax fees. Is this a fair price? I am in Dallas, Texas.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:41 PM
Instructor

Your protection package can be bought from Ebay thru curry acura in New Jersey with free shipping and more than half the price without so called dealer labor installed . Do it yourself . Since Curry is in New Jersey ,, you won't pay any sales tax , saving you more money . Try to find a dealer that will sell you without any package
Matt Wang (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 06:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmod
Your protection package can be bought from Ebay thru curry acura in New Jersey with free shipping and more than half the price without so called dealer labor installed . Do it yourself . Since Curry is in New Jersey ,, you won't pay any sales tax , saving you more money . Try to find a dealer that will sell you without any package
Curry Acura definitely has the best deals as far as OEM accessories are concerned at the moment. eBay recently had a 15% off coupon as well which really sweetened the deal. Also just to clarify they are based out of New York.
Matt Wang (08-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX