Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 03:38 PM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the best place to buy a 7yr/100mile Acura Care warranty for the 2019 RDX and how cheap can it be found for?
Old 07-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by rondasacrura
What is the best place to buy a 7yr/100mile Acura Care warranty for the 2019 RDX and how cheap can it be found for?
Try this: https://www.curryacuracare.com/

Old 07-29-2018, 08:41 PM
10th Gear

Aspec awd

It’s hard to get discount on aspec awd in Norcal area, none of them willing to negotiate..
The following users liked this post:
Nostradamus (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
I agree. On some vehicles they look really good, on others they're OK, but on the RDX they just don't work.

Side moldings are a must. too many idiots opening the door on your car. they should go to jail
TxLady (07-30-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eric H
It’s hard to get discount on aspec awd in Norcal area, none of them willing to negotiate..
you need to get a great quote first then you need to sit there for 12 hours and keep negociating. you will get a deal eventually even if it takes weeks or month
Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
The way I got my discount is using email and text message to respond to voice call from over eager sales rep. Of course , I did this after I test drived 3 times . Once I know what I want , i just use email to communicate and ask for a quote . Even when I negotiate , I refused to sit in front of the dealer's rep . As a matter of fact, I checked the car the first time, after we closed the deal
Nostradamus (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dcmod
The way I got my discount is using email and text message to respond to voice call from over eager sales rep. Of course , I did this after I test drived 3 times . Once I know what I want , i just use email to communicate and ask for a quote . Even when I negotiate , I refused to sit in front of the dealer's rep . As a matter of fact, I checked the car the first time, after we closed the deal
they won't give me a quote on email and text message for me. i tried that. only way i found out i can work a great deal is if i go in and sit there for hours and hours for days and days over 3-5 weeks. I Told them i will pay cash right there $28000 for 2018 RDX with tech package and they said they won't sell me any RDX for that price and it is only in fantasy. and they said go buy it from somebody else.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Looks like you have to take a trip down to SoCal and I will hook you up with the local Acura dealer where I got $2500 off MSRP..
One thing you did wrong is mentioning that you will pay CASH on your first encounter .. Its a no no ,, make them think that they can make extra money because you might be financing or god forbid lease
Old 07-29-2018, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Here is sure fire way to make your first encounter with a dealer using email and the internet:

1. Go to the Acura Locate a Dealer website :: https://www.acura.com/inventory-results-page?vehiclemodelseries=rdx&modelYear=2019
Put in your zip code and click the dealer that you are interested .
2. Fill in your color of choice and vehicle type , then click on each dealer to find if there is a match.
3. If you dont find it on a specific dealer inventory , click change dealer , rinse and repeat (Acura Website is great , it will list all the dealer inventories on the lot and if its not on the lot, which car is coming on the lot that was ordered) You can use it to recheck it again in a couple weeks if the car is on the lot . Don't request a quote if the car is on ordered . Harder to negotiate!
4. Once you get the vehicle of choice , click on Request a Quote
5. Fill in your name and email address
6. Acura will send this to the specific dealer and you will get a confirmation by email
7. In a couple of hours ,, you will get a response from the dealer , but they usually gives you the low ranking rep since it is an internet potential sales .
8, Some times the dealer sales manage or internet manager will send you another email . These are the guys you want to negotiate

Let your fingers do the walking . Save a lot of time and Good luck

Last edited by dcmod; 07-29-2018 at 09:43 PM.
_korangar (08-12-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 03:22 AM
10th Gear

Looks like you have to take a trip down to SoCal and I will hook you up with the local Acura dealer where I got $2500 off MSRP..
One thing you did wrong is mentioning that you will pay CASH on your first encounter .. Its a no no ,, make them think that they can make extra money because you might be financing or god forbid lease
I will do that. Can you dm me? I’m looking for white/red or black /red. Thanks
Old 07-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone here got their RDX from the midwest (Omaha, Des Moines, KC area)? Curious on the which dealer you went with and if you are recommending them. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knhellesky
Anyone here got their RDX from the midwest (Omaha, Des Moines, KC area)? Curious on the which dealer you went with and if you are recommending them. Thanks.
I haven't gotten mine yet but I will begin contacting/negotiating with Acura of Omaha in a month and a half or so. My current lease's end date is 10/19. It will be my first time working with them as I've never purchased an Acura before.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GBR!
I haven't gotten mine yet but I will begin contacting/negotiating with Acura of Omaha in a month and a half or so. My current lease's end date is 10/19. It will be my first time working with them as I've never purchased an Acura before.
Cool. Thanks! I'm in no hurry and got time to ponder and consider other brands...but the '19 RDX is on the top of my list. I'm still torn between the appearance package of the A-spec vs the added bells and whistles on the Advance.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
The ride and sounds of both are worth driving both of them at least twice before making the purchase. Comfort mode is totally different on both of them.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
The ride and sounds of both are worth driving both of them at least twice before making the purchase. Comfort mode is totally different on both of them.
Thanks. I heard that the active damper system on the Comfort mode of the Advance make a really big difference. Will definitely keep that in mind when I test drive them.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:13 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
So one of the dealers that I contacted earlier in the month just called, and left a message. I have decided to wait a few months before buying, but I was tempted to answer and see if there were any great end of month deals available. Their initial online price was MSRP, and they have called about five times to follow up. Since the price was bogus, I have not called them back.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
This thread is about sales of rdx, and I obviously have different view of sales people (liars) and prognosis on rdx future sales. we dont know if rdx is selling really fast for a fact, it just came out, low supply and many people who want to buy it NOW. We dont know if trend is going to stay. Lets see what happens when all the impatient people buy their 2019s now and production supply increases.
I am not a sales guy, but your sweeping generalization of all car salesmen as liars is rather insulting and overstated. I have dealt with a few care sales people who are iffy, don't know their product particularly well, and make up some answers. However, I have also dealt with a number of intelligent and knowledgeable sales people that provide good honest service. Yes, they are trying to earn a living by selling you a vehicle, but there is ample opportunity for any customer to be informed before they walk into the dealership. Treat them with respect and you will usually get respect back, as in any situation.
Madd Dog (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 01:15 AM
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi All,

Any dealer recommendations in SoCal I should consider to get a fair deal? The current ones I have been talking to either want to charge me over MSRP or tack on a "Protection Plan" in the range of $1000 - $1600 in addition to the MSRP. Trying to find someone that will not give me too much run around and is looking to make a long term customer who is willing to sell a AWD A-Spec at below MSRP. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nostradamus (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Instructor

Yesterday i bought a TLX and the salesman who sold me the car said he didn't make any money on the deal and asked me for $300 tip. Is this normal ? this never happened to me before.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got an email from a Chicago area dealer saying they will beat any written or emailed RDX offer from any other dealer by $500. Prices are dropping.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Jdom1nator
Hi All,

Any dealer recommendations in SoCal I should consider to get a fair deal? The current ones I have been talking to either want to charge me over MSRP or tack on a "Protection Plan" in the range of $1000 - $1600 in addition to the MSRP. Trying to find someone that will not give me too much run around and is looking to make a long term customer who is willing to sell a AWD A-Spec at below MSRP. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I suggest you use the car buying service first form somewhere like the credit union or Costco. Then only respond via email to any communication. Once you have a vehicle and price request the OTD price. Once you have the email you can purchase from the dealer. Try dealing only with the internet sales manager or the sales manager whenever possible.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GBR!
Cool. Thanks! I'm in no hurry and got time to ponder and consider other brands...but the '19 RDX is on the top of my list. I'm still torn between the appearance package of the A-spec vs the added bells and whistles on the Advance.
So...I just looked at Hendrick Acura near KC, and looks like they have a bigger inventory compared to Omaha & Des Moines. As of today...they have 43 vehicles available on their site.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So...I just looked at Hendrick Acura near KC, and looks like they have a bigger inventory compared to Omaha & Des Moines. As of today...they have 43 vehicles available on their site.
Good to know but I'm a leaser so I'm not too keen on driving all the way to KC just to get a car I'll have for 3 yrs at most. I'll try the Omaha dealership and if they don't have what I want or able to get it then I'll just go to my Plan B which at this point is either a Volvo XC60, Land Rover Discovery Sport, or the newly redesigned Ram truck (outlier I know lol).
Old 08-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by BrianC778
I just got an email from a Chicago area dealer saying they will beat any written or emailed RDX offer from any other dealer by $500. Prices are dropping.
I wonder if they would take the $3500 off from California. We’d be at $4000 off by August 1 lol
Old 08-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I am almost completing the purchase, we agreed on numbers. I got a tad more than fair value for my trade-in, at the upper end of the trade-in range on KBB, and got the SH-AWD Tech at $41,450 + $400 for the Canyon Bronze color. Not a recent college grad, not a veteran, and not an Acura owner.

We were ~ $3000 apart at the initial discussion, and I walked. They came down $2500 (down $1500 on the price, and up $1000 on the trade-in, as if the details matter, which they don't) if I could take delivery by Saturday. I came up $500 and we have a deal. Could I have done better in October? Possibly, even likely, but something also could have happened to my 11-year-old trade-in BMW as well. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

I only visit dealerships during the week at slow times, and each time I went to one, people were coming in about the RDX, and nothing else. At the first place I test drove, I had to wait until that car came back, and when I came back, someone else was waiting. While waiting, someone came in to pick up an RDX, and another person came in to crawl all over the floor model; after he got out, they locked it and put a 'sold-customer's car' sign on it. As I left, a young couple came in inquiring about an RDX. I live in Westchester County, which is fairly affluent, and the roads are filled with BMWs, Audis, MBs, and other competitors.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 08-01-2018 at 11:09 AM.
DWG (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I am almost completing the purchase, we agreed on numbers. I got a tad more than fair value for my trade-in, at the upper end of the trade-in range on KBB, and got the SH-AWD Tech at $41,450 + $400 for the Canyon Bronze color. Not a recent college grad, not a veteran, and not an Acura owner.

We were ~ $3000 apart at the initial discussion, and I walked. They came down $2500 (down $1500 on the price, and up $1000 on the trade-in, as if the details matter, which they don't) if I could take delivery by Saturday. I came up $500 and we have a deal. Could I have done better in October? Possibly, even likely, but something also could have happened to my 11-year-old trade-in BMW as well. You pays your money and you takes your choice.
Nice! Good luck.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Racer

I only visit dealerships during the week at slow times, and each time I went to one, people were coming in about the RDX, and nothing else. At the first place I test drove, I had to wait until that car came back, and when I came back, someone else was waiting. While waiting, someone came in to pick up an RDX, and another person came in to crawl all over the floor model; after he got out, they locked it and put a 'sold-customer's car' sign on it. As I left, a young couple came in inquiring about an RDX. I live in Westchester County, which is fairly affluent, and the roads are filled with BMWs, Audis, MBs, and other competitors.
The discount off the MSRP vs increase on trade matter if you were willing to remove the trade and sell it on your own or use CarMax. Also affects taxes if your state will not deduct trade in value from taxes paid on new car.

Enjoy the car!
Old 08-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by skarface

The discount off the MSRP vs increase on trade matter if you were willing to remove the trade and sell it on your own or use CarMax. Also affects taxes if your state will not deduct trade in value from taxes paid on new car.

Enjoy the car!
Thanks.

Yes, in my state the tax is only on the difference. And I generally don't like the bother and the experience of selling the car privately. It is usually not worth the hassle to me, and I have had only limited satisfaction when I have done so. There is not carmax near me. The car is an 11 year old, 120K BMW 535i.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Racer

Thanks.

Yes, in my state the tax is only on the difference. And I generally don't like the bother and the experience of selling the car privately. It is usually not worth the hassle to me, and I have had only limited satisfaction when I have done so. There is not carmax near me. The car is an 11 year old, 120K BMW 535i.
yeah at that point a repair on the Bmw will probably eat up any savings and you would have been driving an 11 year old car that much longer...congrats on the new ride
Old 08-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jdom1nator
Hi All,

Hey jdominator,
I received your private message , but when I replied the system does not allow me to . Because your inbox is full. You need to clean it up first to receive new private messages
Old 08-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
I suggest you use the car buying service first form somewhere like the credit union or Costco. Then only respond via email to any communication. Once you have a vehicle and price request the OTD price. Once you have the email you can purchase from the dealer. Try dealing only with the internet sales manager or the sales manager whenever possible.
Costco in SoCal does not include any 2019 RDX offer . Because the SoCal Acura dealers does not want to do it
Old 08-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Drifting

yeah at that point a repair on the Bmw will probably eat up any savings and you would have been driving an 11 year old car that much longer...congrats on the new ride
Thanks.

Maybe if I were comfortable making my own repairs, which I am not, things might have been different. But at this stage, you never know when a light will go on, and it can cost you a thousand or more.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Enjoy the car!
It does not matter in SoCal , because California DMV is so greedy that they would retax another used used car
Old 08-01-2018, 01:06 PM
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey jdominator,
I received your private message , but when I replied the system does not allow me to . Because your inbox is full. You need to clean it up first to receive new private messages
Hey dcmod, please resend just created the account yesterday and it is capping me at 2 emails in my inbox. I just cleared it up and hopefully you will be able to send now. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

That’s awesome MD!

Madd Dog (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

So you got about $2,000 off MSRP, correct?

I would have made them throw in the color upgrade for free. Just kidding - trying to make fun of those who think they do not have to pay transportation or other real costs. Bottom line is what matters, and you got a good price overall.

When my Audi lease is up next year, I probably will return to Acura.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Pro

Congrats Madd Dog,

The trade seems to be what is making the best deals currently if you need to get rid of something. That is what made me purchase so quickly as opposed to waiting until end of the year. As long as you got what makes you happy, then it is a win for you.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Racer

Thanks.

Maybe if I were comfortable making my own repairs, which I am not, things might have been different. But at this stage, you never know when a light will go on, and it can cost you a thousand or more.
Exactly... You'd be kicking yourself if you paid $1000 to repair the old Bmw to only save that same $1000 or less on the new car and didn't get to enjoy it sooner to boot.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Drifting

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.

The deal seemed right for now, the time seemed right, and so we did it.

Will post pictures when I pick it up.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Modern Steel Metallic with Greystone interior (Advance)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these posted. Some have indicated the Ding strip was pretty awful, so I can't imagine what you're gonna say about the splash guards. When you live in Texas...you gotta protect yourselves from the Trucks and rocks...so, you do what ya gotta do. Sometimes practicality wins

The following 6 users liked this post by TxLady:
37tzee (08-07-2018), billyt1963 (08-04-2018), birdonamission (08-02-2018), Curious3GTL (08-04-2018), Madd Dog (08-01-2018), SK1124 (08-01-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX