Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Old 07-19-2018, 09:21 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks guys. I was told on July 5 that it was scheduled to be built on July 11 and arrive on July 17 or 18. It followed that schedule exactly and arrived at the dealer on July 17 and I picked up yesterday on July 18. I talked to several different dealers and the big dealers like the one I used which is the largest in Illinois seems to have a bit more bargaining power in getting what they want and getting information on the production process.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TLMDXRDX
Thanks guys. I was told on July 5 that it was scheduled to be built on July 11 and arrive on July 17 or 18. It followed that schedule exactly and arrived at the dealer on July 17 and I picked up yesterday on July 18. I talked to several different dealers and the big dealers like the one I used which is the largest in Illinois seems to have a bit more bargaining power in getting what they want and getting information on the production process.
Congratulations on your new wheels!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Thanks for the info. Still (not)patiently waiting for news on my vehicle.

😏

billy
Old 07-19-2018, 02:15 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TxLady
Hey Chreph. Which supplier did you get the mats from on eBay? The only supplier I could locate was “hawholesaleplus” for $104 plus $41.20 for shipping and when I plug in the primo code...it says I haven’t reached the required amount...so shipping apparently doesn’t count towards the $20 off.
Sorry, TxLady - I hadn't been back on the forum until now but I see that you found some others. I wound up going through the seller "acuradeals" and spent a tad more than you but I was rushing and it wound up being way cheaper than the msrp of $179 that my dealer was offering them at. Looking forward to getting the black chrome "RDX" soon, too. I haven't really researched to see if there are any black acura emblems for the '19 RDX since I'm assuming it's probably not the exact same size as any other acura models' emblems but it's worth a shot. I'm not really a fan of chrome accents and, unless you spring for higher-priced packages, most manufacturers like to include chrome trim standard and tout it as a "feature"
Old 07-19-2018, 02:18 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also - I used to be big into my car forums back in the day (haven't really been since I got rid of my genesis coupe in 2014) and holy crap this site design takes me back to the 2002. Not meant to be a dig but just an observation. It didn't really hit me until I recognized all the same 'emojis' from the elantra forums when I was 18 haha.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Thanks guys. I was told on July 5 that it was scheduled to be built on July 11 and arrive on July 17 or 18. It followed that schedule exactly and arrived at the dealer on July 17 and I picked up yesterday on July 18....
Fingers crossed that the entire supply chain is working that way. I was told production 7/15-19 (rolling off the line as I'm typing this maybe?) and arrive at the dealer week of 7/23.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Someone posted an AWD a-spec for about 43,500...so about a $3k discount with the loyalty rebate.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my A Spec (FWD) for $500 off MSRP.
I also got the dealer addons for free, so it came out to about $44,400 before tax, title, and registration. No extraneous fees.
I will note that the same dealer is now *strictly* only selling at MSRP. They told me I was one of the first to look at the cars, so they were willing to slightly deal, but now they have gotten so much interest and sales they won't budge.
They told me this when I went in to pick up my hold refund (I held the car for 5 days while I thought about it; they only had one in Apex Blue, and I thought they would have sold it). That hold/deposit was refundable anyways (it wasn't factored into my actual deal), and it turns out a few people tried to buy my car while it was being held!
Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Well I've officially joined with club with my first Acura. Picked up my Advance AWD White/Parch today and already have 120 miles on it! I have to say I love it. My deal was similar to others - $500 off MSRP, remote start for just under $500 and all weather mats were included. I purchased it as opposed to leasing. My last few vehicles have been leases but I plan to keep this in the family for a while. It's a beauty for sure.

I really like the Acura mats. I had WeatherTech in my Q50 and I think it was TxLady who observed they were slippery - agreed. IMO the OEMs are worth looking at.

I'm crossing my fingers for those who are still waiting for theirs to arrive that they get a call soon.
The following users liked this post:
billyt1963 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Congrats Fury63 and enjoy the new RDX!!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:48 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I am only hearing $500 off from the three dealers in my area.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
That's about my deal ($650-$700 off) when you consider the (MSRP, + Accessory/Installation Price) - What I'm Paying
Old 07-21-2018, 09:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
That's about my deal ($650-$700 off) when you consider the (MSRP, + Accessory/Installation Price) - What I'm Paying
accessories and especially outrageous labor costs dealer charges to install them is a BIG profit for the dealer. If you get bigger discount on a car but pay regular price for accessories, you know where the discount is coming from....
Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Acura pricing

Hello. I went to John Eagle Acura in Houston, TX to test drive a red FWD with Tech trim. They only had couple of SH-AWD A-Specs and told I don't really need an AWD in Houston.

Test drive was good. Felt braking took longer than anticipated to come to stop. Then the sales guy told to change the mode to Sports. It was better then. Apart from this ride felt good and I liked the car.

​​​​​​Now coming to pricing - they quoted me MSRP. They are yet to send their quote. But, they added something called 'Luxury Shield' for $1795 on top of MSRP. They said it is a charge they put on all new cars even on the pre certified one. It sounded strange to me. Luxury Shield package included - some car tracking app, tint guarantee etc.. Don't remember everything.

My question is does this luxury shield charge is normal? I am interested in leasing this and just strated shopping around yesterday. Never owned Acura before. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by russianDude

accessories and especially outrageous labor costs dealer charges to install them is a BIG profit for the dealer. If you get bigger discount on a car but pay regular price for accessories, you know where the discount is coming from....
I know. My deal was roughly $700 below what the MSRP plus accessories would have cost - not that it cost the dealer anywhere near that much.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Suzuka Master

With my 2008 rdx they wanted like $500 for door moldings. I bought them from online acura dealer, and it was like $200. Took me like 30min to install them, its pretty easy, they have self adhisives. They make tons of money on this stuff....
Curious3GTL (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by maxwayne
Hello. I went to John Eagle Acura in Houston, TX to test drive a red FWD with Tech trim. They only had couple of SH-AWD A-Specs and told I don't really need an AWD in Houston.

Test drive was good. Felt braking took longer than anticipated to come to stop. Then the sales guy told to change the mode to Sports. It was better then. Apart from this ride felt good and I liked the car.

​​​​​​Now coming to pricing - they quoted me MSRP. They are yet to send their quote. But, they added something called 'Luxury Shield' for $1795 on top of MSRP. They said it is a charge they put on all new cars even on the pre certified one. It sounded strange to me. Luxury Shield package included - some car tracking app, tint guarantee etc.. Don't remember everything.

My question is does this luxury shield charge is normal? I am interested in leasing this and just strated shopping around yesterday. Never owned Acura before. Thanks.
You should be able to negotiate getting at least $500 off MSRP if you are on this forum and have the knowledge of the prices everyone else is paying, but maybe your area is not competitive and doesn't need to offer anything off. In that case, I would open up my search to other brands, unless you are dead set on the Acura. Or just wait a bit and prices should get better. The $1795 charge is pretty much pure profit for them and they should be ashamed to say they put it on every vehicle. Negotiate that down to $0 or insist you don't need it lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by skarface:
Curious3GTL (07-21-2018), maxwayne (07-23-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:39 AM
7th Gear

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am aware of the $500-1000 discounts folks are getting on this in general. I am also seeing that KBB and Edmunds fair purchase price / true market value is very close to MSRP. I just went for a casual test drive yesterday and asked for their best quote. I am definitely not paying MSRP and will negotiate further.

I was really surprised with their luxury shield quote. So wanted to ask here since I saw couple of buyers were from around Houston metro area. Are they lying about putting this on every vehicle ? At the very least, this should be optional if customer doesn't want to pay for it.

I am planning to go to 3 more Acura dealerships for their quotes.

​​​
Old 07-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Suzuka Master

At the very least, this should be optional if customer doesn't want to pay for it.

​​​

Ask them if you can order one without it. Seems like a shady dealer, try others
maxwayne (07-23-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 11:45 AM
Racer

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am aware of the $500-1000 discounts folks are getting on this in general. I am also seeing that KBB and Edmunds fair purchase price / true market value is very close to MSRP. I just went for a casual test drive yesterday and asked for their best quote. I am definitely not paying MSRP and will negotiate further.

I was really surprised with their luxury shield quote. So wanted to ask here since I saw couple of buyers were from around Houston metro area. Are they lying about putting this on every vehicle ? At the very least, this should be optional if customer doesn't want to pay for it.

​​​
You might have better luck contacting the internet managers at each dealership if you have decided you want to buy the 2019 RDX right now. Might save you some time instead of driving to each dealership and dealing with each of their pitches and negotiations. You have much more power when you can just not answer an email or phone call.

Their website lets you purchase a car online and their is no mention of a mandatory $1800 profit charge lol. Luxury shield is actually listed as $1295 on their website under "Service & Protection Plans". Either way, I wouldn't deal with that salesman anymore if he said it was mandatory. Nearly everything is negotiable. I can't imagine what they would claim is mandatory when you get in the finance room and they spring the rustproofing, warranties, service contracts on you.
https://express.johneagleacura.com/e...02228?unlock=1
maxwayne (07-23-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 02:01 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
​​​
It would be interesting to hear what the other three dealers have to say.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:28 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wish I could hear that! I checked out an Advance and A-Spec in Chesapeake, VA. As I walked up to the A-S the salesman said whatever that says on the sticker add $3,000 to it! I said you're kidding? He said not negotiable. We left. Inventory is moving but I'm not paying that. Will probably have to go to Maryland as we did for our last new car.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:32 PM
DWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by 97ws6
I wish I could hear that! I checked out an Advance and A-Spec in Chesapeake, VA. As I walked up to the A-S the salesman said whatever that says on the sticker add $3,000 to it! I said you're kidding? He said not negotiable. We left. Inventory is moving but I'm not paying that. Will probably have to go to Maryland as we did for our last new car.
As if the price adjustment wasn't bad enough, the salesman was a jerk about it. Wonderful.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Drifting

This dealership is part of a family owned mega dealership, and has been family owned for 100 years. I have bought 9 cars from this family’s dealerships. They don’t gouge you, but they don’t give the cars away either. The market is saying (IMO) this car is well priced and moving through the dealerships. So this dealer does take the long view and has a loyal customer base which they don’t want to screw. It sure looks like $500 off is the going rate and a fair price. Looking at their inventory, the cars are moving.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DWG
As if the price adjustment wasn't bad enough, the salesman was a jerk about it. Wonderful.
To be fair he said it in the most friendliest way possible. Haa. He was just matter of fact about it. I can get a nice GM family discount but I'm not thrilled with the styling of any of them. GM, GMC, Cadillac or Buick.
We just have to wait this out I suppose.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Burning Brakes

...but I'm not thrilled with the styling of any of them. GM, GMC, Cadillac or Buick...
And most, if not all, have auto stop/start that cannot be turned off.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Pro

Maxwayne,

The brakes feel too soft and run long initially when purchased. I experienced that feel also when I purchased my 2019 RDX. Once they are bedded in they will start to work as they should. Miy brakes are working just fine now that I have put about 1000 miles on mine.
This is not the time to lease and they will make you pay more currently for a lease. I would wait until Acura has better offers for leases.
maxwayne (07-23-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 04:08 PM
DWG
Instructor

To be fair he said it in the most friendliest way possible. Haa. He was just matter of fact about it. I can get a nice GM family discount but I'm not thrilled with the styling of any of them. GM, GMC, Cadillac or Buick.
We just have to wait this out I suppose.
Same. I keep trying to like a GMC or Buick because of a relationship with the dealer but I just don't appreciate them that much.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

If you want to save money then you need to learn how to be patient.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
I agree with russianDude, be patient and you will reap the reward ..
Also, a lot of you are saying that the best discount off MSRP is $500 , but I thought I saw Txlady received $2000 off the MSRP . Is that correct ?
Old 07-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dcmod
I agree with russianDude, be patient and you will reap the reward ..
Also, a lot of you are saying that the best discount off MSRP is $500 , but I thought I saw Txlady received $2000 off the MSRP . Is that correct ?
Not the best discount but pretty much the minimum you should expect to get. I've seen up to $3000 off an A-spec AWD model on another forum.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Drifting

A lot depends on the market, and whether you could have gotten loyalty and military discounts from Acura. The dealers are the ones making their own discount decisions.

up here, in the Hudson Valley of NY, the only cars are the SH-AWD ones, and they are moving. Dealers have little incentive to cut their own price, and with the competition provided by the non-gouging family dealership, they are not loading them up with expensive add-ons either. YMMV.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

A lot depends on the market, and whether you could have gotten loyalty and military discounts from Acura. The dealers are the ones making their own discount decisions.

up here, in the Hudson Valley of NY, the only cars are the SH-AWD ones, and they are moving. Dealers have little incentive to cut their own price, and with the competition provided by the non-gouging family dealership, they are not loading them up with expensive add-ons either. YMMV.
Got ours here in the Mid-Hudson Valley area. A modern Steel, A-spec that comes equipped with SH-AWD. Came with wheel locks at no additional charge. Got the loyalty and military appreciation discounts. Plus a nice trade-in allowance on a 2015 RDX that needed a new set of shoes and had some gouges on the bumper. The RDX A-spec is very impressive to look at and drive.

Last edited by zo0mie; 07-22-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Pro

​​​
MAXWAYNE,

I talked to John Eagle and they like to play a few games but they are willing to negotiate but they didnt have much in stock when I wanted to buy. Sale Manager will try to see what he can get away with and if you fall for it then he will ad on. If he sees that you are interested in none sense then he will negotiate on a much level playing field..
You are wasting time talking to a salesman.Go directly the the internet sales manager, Sales Manager or GM. Tell them your offer and negotiate on the car in stock you want. If they dont have it in stock, negotiate on via email and wait for the car to come in to purchase. Bad time to lease RDX as prices are not good I would wait on that lease..

Last edited by Hou-RL; 07-22-2018 at 11:00 AM.
maxwayne (07-23-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Either go buy a car now, or forget about it until nov/dec. You not going to see price changes on weekly basis. Give it a rest for few month at least.
maxwayne (07-23-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 12:23 PM
6th Gear

Lease

My current lease was up so I didn’t have the luxury of waiting for prices to go down but still happy with my deal. Base model, $2000 off MSRP (including $1k customer loyalty), plus they paid my last lease payment ($540), $1000 down (which included tax, tag, title, fees), 36mo/12k yr for $500/mo. Very happy and love driving my new RDX!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rybear
My current lease was up so I didn’t have the luxury of waiting for prices to go down but still happy with my deal. Base model, $2000 off MSRP (including $1k customer loyalty), plus they paid my last lease payment ($540), $1000 down (which included tax, tag, title, fees), 36mo/12k yr for $500/mo. Very happy and love driving my new RDX!
What's the residual payment if you want to buy it at the end of the lease?
Old 07-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Rybear
Your discount was average with what people are currently paying. It wasn't a bad deal for the current sales. Hope your money factor didnt give the discount back to them.
BTW....what is the residual on your base RDX deal? I suspect 57% but would like you to confirm please.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:10 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by skarface
What's the residual payment if you want to buy it at the end of the lease?
Old 07-22-2018, 01:12 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Your discount was average with what people are currently paying. It wasn't a bad deal for the current sales. Hope your money factor didnt give the discount back to them.
BTW....what is the residual on your base RDX deal? I suspect 57% but would like you to confirm please.
Residual payment 21k. I have no doubt I could have gotten a better deal if I had been able to wait but still no regrets I never end up buying my cars after the lease, prefer to have a new car every few years

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX