Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Here is my experience today. Dealer had AWD Advance, base and A Spec. Drove advance. If I can wait for order (two months), I can get a small discount.

Nice quality ride. As I feared it is not designed to encourage mpg. I did manage the EPA rating on steady 65 mph. but when I used the turbo. Wow. A great package all in all. Seems as nice as any Lexus interior.

2019 RDX Tech SH-AWD ($1000 over sticker with dealer fees and adds)

I made an offer today on a Red Parchment Tech AWD at another dealer for $1000 below sticker. Pound sand. Not only do we want MSRP you need a $200 Doc fee, and a $700 Protection package on top of MSRP.

Have a nice day. Cars are mass produced and price will eventually settle down. I guess if people are willing to pay these prices, why would dealer discount.

While I was at dealer an older gentleman pick up his modern steel advance AWD. Pretty nice. I told him I now am looking at tech instead of base. He said what is difference in these trims. Well if he has no time to research that, I guess I need to wait for the new car folks to grease skids for later deals.

There is conquest cash and loyalty cash. Acura, Audi Q5 and lexus RX 1.9% 36 months 2.9% 60 months at least in MO and OK.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I managed to get $1000 Acura loyalty credit and I'm trying to get another $500, but it's a lot harder than I expected. I'm wondering if we should walk or put a deposit on the car we want.
The following users liked this post:
Nostradamus (07-03-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Instructor

well, wanting vs waiting. I always think of those who may have paid the 31,200 for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T which can be had below $27,000.

I closed a deal with my local dealer on an incoming white parch tech AWD. $500 discount. Comp splash guards, mats, trunk tray and side window tint.

Due end of June. I will use the 1.9% and $750 military.

In three months I may regret paying this much of perhaps not. 300 dealers, 50000 units per year.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
If you want a base RDX there is a lease offer, likely to get people in the door.

http://www.acurafinancialservices.co...Fend-of-lease#

Old 06-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks
well, wanting vs waiting. I always think of those who may have paid the 31,200 for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T which can be had below $27,000.

I closed a deal with my local dealer on an incoming white parch tech AWD. $500 discount. Comp splash guards, mats, trunk tray and side window tint.

In three months I may regret paying this much of perhaps not. 300 dealers, 50000 units per year.
The 1.9% financing makes it very tempting, was surprised they did that on a hot new model.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Acurazine. Looks like dealers could discount sooner than thought.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=RDX
Old 06-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by 19RDX
The 1.9% financing makes it very tempting, was surprised they did that on a hot new model.
That looks like base model, would be interesting to see if they do an advanced AWD at 1.9%. Wife loved the car and if they had one for her likely would have paid list today to get it.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
It’s seems like they always seem to have 1.9% financing. I got the same back in 2010. They make money on the financing. That can also be negotiated.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Browsing through autotrader to see what is happening on pricing around the country.
Here is another dealer discounting the RDX.

https://www.foxacura.com/new-invento...cetInteracted=
Old 06-02-2018, 03:37 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Congratulations! Just enjoy your car and don't look back. Life is short. And the longer you own the car, the less a grand or two matters. You will be driving a car you love for months while others are waiting around for the price to come down. It's not a bad decision in my book. (Said the guy who is trying not to pay sticker but may do it anyway.)
idgystinks (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 03:43 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
I just put a down payment on a 19 RDX A-SPEC, Red with Black interior. The dealer gave me the $1K loyalty credit (I bought all of my Acura's from them - see signature) which I was surprised I got, and I got a decent trade-in on my 17 RDX Advanced, so I went for it. They don't expect the car to arrive from Ohio until after the 4th of July, and I told them that was fine with me. I'm in no rush.

I have about $10K equity in the 17, so I need to scrounge up another $10K and I should be good to go. Acura financing deal is 2.9% until early July, so the stars might align. I am psyc'd! Should be the last new car I ever buy. (I'm old)
Old 06-02-2018, 03:46 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by iargpro
New to Acurazine. Looks like dealers could discount sooner than thought.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=RDX
$2k off? Huh. That's interesting. I wonder if it's legitimate.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Our local dealer in Augusta, Ga has two Advance's discounted $2,000: https://www.acuraofaugusta.com/vehic...ga-id-24442191

I texted the sales guy today and asked him to confirm; have not heard back.

Very interesting.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down devil is in the detials

Went to GA dealer website. The old east coast trick in action. Found the small print......................

"Prices shown do not include taxes, license or a destination & handling charge. Destination charge for ILX, TLX and RLX is $965.00, NSX is $1800.00 and MDX and RDX is $995.00. Actual vehicles/accessory costs, labor and installation vary. "

I translate at $995 for destination and so many accessories and fees that the deal is not such a deal.
JoelEDC (06-03-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Other promotions I heard from my local dealership from Acura corporate include:

1) Trade in of any Acura 2009 or newer, get additional $1000 off your purchase of the new RDX
2) Proof of current BMW, Audi or Lexus ownership, get $2000 off your purchase of the new RDX

Law of supply and demand is in effect. Pricing is at or very close to MSRP, and dealers not as wiling to sell at any discount particularly if supply is limited. I can't say I blame them...they know the first 1-2 months during the release of a potentially best selling vehicle are crucial and they can maximize profitability during this window.

I personally will wait 3-4 months for the inventory to stabilize, and see where the market is at.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
There is a reason why a dealer will discount a car heavier than others. For example, they take off $2,000 off MSRP. Sounds delicious right? Well truth it, yes they will discount from MSRP 2K. However, the car will have a couple grand in accesories, and paint protection film added to it, lo-jac time theft deterrent, things like window etching. So yes, your getting a 2G discount but only if you pay for the extras so sounds like a good deal but in the end you over pay
Old 06-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
I just put a down payment on a 19 RDX A-SPEC, Red with Black interior. The dealer gave me the $1K loyalty credit (I bought all of my Acura's from them - see signature) which I was surprised I got, and I got a decent trade-in on my 17 RDX Advanced, so I went for it. They don't expect the car to arrive from Ohio until after the 4th of July, and I told them that was fine with me. I'm in no rush.

I have about $10K equity in the 17, so I need to scrounge up another $10K and I should be good to go. Acura financing deal is 2.9% until early July, so the stars might align. I am psyc'd! Should be the last new car I ever buy. (I'm old)
Do you mind sharing what you got for your trade-in? I also have a ‘17 RDX Advance (Fathom Blue Pearl) with a little over 20K on the odometer. I plan to pay it off in a few months and then spring for a ‘19.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by iargpro
Browsing through autotrader to see what is happening on pricing around the country.
Here is another dealer discounting the RDX.

https://www.foxacura.com/new-invento...cetInteracted=
This is my local dealership. If you can consider 60+ miles local, that is. Maybe closest is a better word. Anyway, I'm surprised at the discount. Historically they don't haggle much. In past negotiations, I've never known them to play any games, they just don't dicker much because they don't have to.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:36 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Originally Posted by birdonamission

Do you mind sharing what you got for your trade-in? I also have a ‘17 RDX Advance (Fathom Blue Pearl) with a little over 20K on the odometer. I plan to pay it off in a few months and then spring for a ‘19.
My 2017 RDX Advance has 38,000 miles on it and visibly is perfect except that it will need tires. They are giving me $27,500 for it, which I think is pretty fair. I could put 4 tires on it and sell it myself for a bit more, but it's not worth the hassle for me. I hate selling cars and having people call and come over and the whole deal. Later for that.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Pro

My 2017 RDX Advance has 38,000 miles on it and visibly is perfect except that it will need tires. They are giving me $27,500 for it, which I think is pretty fair. I could put 4 tires on it and sell it myself for a bit more, but it's not worth the hassle for me. I hate selling cars and having people call and come over and the whole deal. Later for that.
Thank you! I feel the same way (selling the car myself). What the dealership is offering for yours gives me an idea -- which I appreciate your sharing. When I bought mine in August 2016, I took my other car (eventual trade-in) to Carmax to see what they would offer, so I probably will do the same thing with the RDX.

My car is also in very pristine condition. Very rarely do I have anybody else in it and have been able to keep the miles down since I commute in to work (park at a commuter bus lot, then hop on the subway). Driving to a vacation spot twice a year is normally only within 2 states away, so that helps the odometer, too. I'm well on my way with savings to pay it off outright + have decent cash left over to add to the trade-in value.

Thanks again.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:06 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Originally Posted by birdonamission
Thank you! I feel the same way (selling the car myself). What the dealership is offering for yours gives me an idea -- which I appreciate your sharing. When I bought mine in August 2016, I took my other car (eventual trade-in) to Carmax to see what they would offer, so I probably will do the same thing with the RDX.

My car is also in very pristine condition. Very rarely do I have anybody else in it and have been able to keep the miles down since I commute in to work (park at a commuter bus lot, then hop on the subway). Driving to a vacation spot twice a year is normally only within 2 states away, so that helps the odometer, too. I'm well on my way with savings to pay it off outright + have decent cash left over to add to the trade-in value.

Thanks again.
I too went to CarMax when I traded in my 2014 and the dealer ended up matching their price. However, this time they skewed high according to the BB site. Also, in my state, a the trade-in value is subtracted from the price of the car with regard to sales tax, so I figure that saves a lot even if CarMax gave me $1K or so more. So I'm just sticking with their offer. Quite frankly, I expected less!

Old 06-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Pro

I too went to CarMax when I traded in my 2014 and the dealer ended up matching their price. However, this time they skewed high according to the BB site. Also, in my state, a the trade-in value is subtracted from the price of the car with regard to sales tax, so I figure that saves a lot even if CarMax gave me $1K or so more. So I'm just sticking with their offer. Quite frankly, I expected less!

Thanks again - great info!!

I think I'll also go find my purchase contract for the '17 RDX Advance and go over it line by line to prepare for buying the '19. MY17 wasn't that long ago, after all.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
I managed to get $1000 loyalty and $1000 below MSRP along with supposedly cost on accessories bought that day. I didn't get what I thought I'd get on my trade, so it pans out in the end.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats! Is the military discount only for active or do veterans qualify as well?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Instructor

I found it...thanks. Military Discount...

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?

• U.S. Military Active Duty, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard and Active Reserve, and their spouses
  • U.S. Military Ready Reserve and Retirees, and their spouses
  • U.S. Military Veterans and their spouses within one year of separation from active service

A shame they don’t recognize veterans who were active during the Vietnam Conflict (War)...my husband risked his life along with the others... just sayin.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:57 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Originally Posted by TxLady
I found it...thanks. Military Discount...

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?

• U.S. Military Active Duty, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard and Active Reserve, and their spouses
  • U.S. Military Ready Reserve and Retirees, and their spouses
  • U.S. Military Veterans and their spouses within one year of separation from active service

A shame they don’t recognize veterans who were active during the Vietnam Conflict (War)...my husband risked his life along with the others... just sayin.
We're the forgotten Vets. No one ever thanked us for our service. I know, violins, but really.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Don’t feel bad. I did 33 years in Air Force and still don’t qualify for Toyota or Mazda military discounts. Luckily Acura recognizes retirees with over twenty years service.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Just finalized the details (had a deposit down since April) at my local dealer. Paid MSRP (first time buying at an Acura dealership so no "loyalty perks" like some of yall). He tossed in mats for free (lol...better than nothing). I get one in the first batch of about 10-15 at the dealership in Mississauga, ON. They release in Canada on the 15th and he said delivery will be between the 20th and 26th. I bought a Black exterior Platinum Elite with the saddle brown (espresso) interior. Kid on the way soon so couldnt wait 6 months to get a discount. Super excited! Time to look for black aftermarket rims to replace the ugly elite ones!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpgps
Other promotions I heard from my local dealership from Acura corporate include:

1) Trade in of any Acura 2009 or newer, get additional $1000 off your purchase of the new RDX
2) Proof of current BMW, Audi or Lexus ownership, get $2000 off your purchase of the new RDX

Law of supply and demand is in effect. Pricing is at or very close to MSRP, and dealers not as wiling to sell at any discount particularly if supply is limited. I can't say I blame them...they know the first 1-2 months during the release of a potentially best selling vehicle are crucial and they can maximize profitability during this window.

I personally will wait 3-4 months for the inventory to stabilize, and see where the market is at.
Is there a website these owner loyalty or conquest rebates are listed? Can you combine them?
Old 06-05-2018, 03:20 AM
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
We bought ours last Saturday, Lunar Silver Tech Pkg $500 under MSRP, all weather floormats, cargo liner, front window tinting, wheel locks included in price. Plus we turned in a 2016 CRV lease with 10 months left and with 40,600 miles on a 30,000 lease with no penalties or charges.
Cargo cover and splash guards ordered at 20% off.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SK1124
Just finalized the details (had a deposit down since April) at my local dealer. Paid MSRP (first time buying at an Acura dealership so no "loyalty perks" like some of yall). He tossed in mats for free (lol...better than nothing). I get one in the first batch of about 10-15 at the dealership in Mississauga, ON. They release in Canada on the 15th and he said delivery will be between the 20th and 26th. I bought a Black exterior Platinum Elite with the saddle brown (espresso) interior. Kid on the way soon so couldnt wait 6 months to get a discount. Super excited! Time to look for black aftermarket rims to replace the ugly elite ones!
Congrats! That would be a combination I’d be interested in but it’s not offered in the US. Instead you can only get Expresso in Diamond white or light grey ( later sounds yucky to me but maybe it’s more attractive in person). The Expresso in black is sharp on all the competitors.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Instructor

I have not heard of the BMW AUDI LEXUS thing. Is this regional? Please advise someone.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Instructor

On the $750 Military incentive. So if you finance with Acura, they will credit your $750 as a further down payment IF
as has been stated RETIRED or ACTIVE

Fortunately I am in retired status, but Acura and Honda did include veterans of all types until a few years ago. Others have done this as well.

However, as a 22 year Army veteran with a 93 year old father in law who served in Pacific in WWII, I really wish veterans could be included. Heck there are not that many of them. Only 1% of the population even serves.

Hyundai and Kia accept all veterans. FYI.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Volvo Defector

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Taken directly from the "Current Offers" section on Acura.com for zip code 07012. To be honest, a 2018 MDX SH-AWD base model lease starts at $419, so this is heavily encroaching on MDX lease offers right now because all these lease offers are FWD only. This tells me current lease deals are abysmal for the RDX. Better off waiting for those that can.

First one appears to be for Current Acura owners of 2009 or newer, or owners of Audi Q5 or Lexus RX. Since its based on MSRP of $38,295 that means this is the FWD model.

2019 RDX 10 Speed Automatic Featured Loyalty Conquest Lease
$379 Per month for 36 months.
$2,999 Total due at signing.
*Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by July 5, 2018. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. Loyalty/Conquest offer available to current owners of a 2009 or newer Acura, Audi Q5, or Lexus RX. Not all customers qualify for Loyalty/Conquest offer. See your Acura dealer for complete details.

-------------
Second one appears to be for everyone else(again FWD base model)

2019 RDX 10 Speed Automatic Featured Special Lease
$409 Per month for 36 months.
$2,999 Total due at signing.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Yes the "deals" are going to be bad for a while - especially as it seems that, so far, the vehicles are selling well already.

And if you look at the competition lease deals - Acura is still cheaper.

Makes me think that 2019 will be the last MY of this generation for the MDX. They need to get a new gen out with all the material/performance/technology upgrades so they can bump up the lease prices. Audi has the Q7 at $649 a month for the 2.0T!

But - honestly - I don't foresee the deals getting much better for a while. I'm guessing that $379 base FWD deal will be available to everyone eventually but I don't think they'll go much lower than that unless it's end of the model year blow-out time. $399 for a base SHAWD seems about where Acura wants it to be. I'm also guessing the MDX will be $500+ when the next-gen debuts.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
1000 loyalty for being an acura owner. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Waiting on a few questions I had to be answered.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Instructor

I only noticed the $1,000 offered for leasing. Is it for purchasing too? Where is it listed? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
Waiting on a few questions I had to be answered.
What questions are you wanting answered? Are they something one of us can assist with answering?
Old 06-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by DanFun
What questions are you wanting answered? Are they something one of us can assist with answering?
mostly working on my trade in numbers. And they were researching the spare tire options on the a spec. I know that it doesn’t come with one but I’m trying to figure out if I can add one anyway. I drove a lot (200K on the tsk in 8 yrs) and work takes me to the boonies where the nearest gas station may be far away and any roadside could take hours. Would be nice to have a spare.

Other than that I got the gist of the car itself but mostly waiting on what they can do with trade and accessories.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Instructor

it applies for purchase.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX