AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Power folding mirrors (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/power-folding-mirrors-975439/)

Ellydogns 12-07-2018 08:17 AM

Power folding mirrors

Hi there,

Does anyone know, off hand, how to turn off the power folding mirrors? I want to disable them for the winter.

I went through the manual and could not find such instructions.

Thank you!

Leaf 68 12-07-2018 08:35 AM

Go into Home Page, select Settings, then select vehicle, then select door setup, then select auto-folding mirrors, select to off.

Ellydogns 12-07-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Leaf 68 (Post 16345670)
Go into Home Page, select Settings, then select vehicle, then select door setup, then select auto-folding mirrors, select to off.

Thank you very much!

nylawyer2000 12-07-2018 08:50 AM

I have an 2019 Aspec - what models come with the folding mirrors? Don't believe mine has them

Hou-RL 12-07-2018 08:55 AM

Canada guys are showing off. :) We in the USA do not have power folding mirrors.

97ws6 12-07-2018 08:58 AM

Hosers!

Leaf 68 12-07-2018 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hou-RL (Post 16345683)
Canada guys are showing off. :) We in the USA do not have power folding mirrors.

We unfortunately end up paying for it though in the price😗 Compared to the USA.

Ellydogns 12-07-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Leaf 68 (Post 16345694)

Yep

knakane 12-07-2018 11:09 AM

can US model folks order the Canada OEM parts and fit them?..

I really dont know why i want them,...but i do....

Stew4HD 12-07-2018 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Leaf 68 (Post 16345694)

Acura should know we'd pay for those add-ons you have if they offered them to us!

flames9 12-07-2018 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16345776)
Acura should know we'd pay for those add-ons you have if they offered them to us!

I am sure Acura knows that, and you will see them in the 2020 model..as they know some will trade in their 2019 for them,lol

Midwestuser1 12-07-2018 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by flames9 (Post 16345797)
I am sure Acura knows that, and you will see them in the 2020 model..as they know some will trade in their 2019 for them,lol

When the RDX Type S launches that will be my trade time :)

tobey457 12-09-2018 08:10 AM

Has anyone looked under the dash yet, the harness and plug might already be there. They may just be taped up in our of the way.

This might be an easy upgrade, would just need the dash switch and the motorized mirror units. But that might be wishful thinking.

VSG 12-12-2018 05:10 PM

Do the US models have manual folding atleast?

catbert430 12-12-2018 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by VSG (Post 16348989)
Do the US models have manual folding atleast?

Yes, they can be folded manually.

VSG 12-12-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by catbert430 (Post 16348992)
Yes, they can be folded manually.

Thanks, I suspected as such with the specific edges and cutouts in the mirror assembly but the mirror itself feels pretty stubbornly fixed in place. I assume more force is needed than I thought, unless there is some form of lift and turn trick involved?

unr1 12-13-2018 01:35 AM

Shame on Acura for not putting this in the US version.

gtssenior 12-13-2018 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by unr1 (Post 16349192)
Shame on Acura for not putting this in the US version.

That would come in handy if you have a single bay garage, parking in narrow spots, and when pulling up to an ATM machine or a parking garage entrance ticket dispenser.

HillbillyInBC 12-13-2018 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by gtssenior (Post 16349226)
That would come in handy if you have a single bay garage, parking in narrow spots, and when pulling up to an ATM machine or a parking garage entrance ticket dispenser.

Yes, it does. I've turned off auto-folding for the winter, but I still fold them in with the button as I approach the concrete support pillar beside my spot in the parkade here at home.

ssacuraho 12-17-2018 09:06 PM

Best part of the folding mirrors? You can tell if your car is locked just by looking at it.

Yotrek 12-18-2018 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ssacuraho (Post 16351805)
Best part of the folding mirrors? You can tell if your car is locked just by looking at it.

Yes only if you leave it on Auto..

1992 12-21-2018 06:08 PM

I would have loved this feature. I'm a bit miffed this car doesn't have this.

Madd Dog 12-21-2018 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC (Post 16349242)
Yes, it does. I've turned off auto-folding for the winter, but I still fold them in with the button as I approach the concrete support pillar beside my spot in the parkade here at home.

can you transfer the folding mirror ability to us?

Swear to God, I would have gotten any trim with folding mirrors, and the Canadians get them, and say, uhhhh, I have them, can I turn them off?

mapleloaf 12-22-2018 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16354434)

Swear to God, I would have gotten any trim with folding mirrors, and the Canadians get them, and say, uhhhh, I have them, can I turn them off?

Basic human nature. Like the Post in another thread where the individual was no longer excited to pick up his new RDX because he couldn't get all ACP functions in the Heads Up Display. We want what we don't have...and then we realize it wasn't all that important. I have also turned off the auto folding function in my TLX, but can press a button on the door anytime I need them folded. I do feel a little special....

HillbillyInBC 12-22-2018 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16354434)

I'll turn the auto-fold back on in the spring. I just don't want to park at the office and find them covered in ice and snow and frozen in place while folded. In the meantime I'll just fold them in with the armrest button when I'm sure there's no risk of snow.

Twinbrings 12-23-2018 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by gtssenior (Post 16349226)

We have a two car garage with doors for each side. Our RDX barley squeezes in, we have 2-3 inches on each side of the mirror. I wish power folding mirrors were a option or even a dealer installed option because my bottom flinches every time I see my wife pull in and out of the garage :)

RDX10 12-24-2018 04:03 AM

Power folding mirrors have been available on premium and luxury vehicles for over 2 decades now. I'm confused as to why Acura wouldn't just make it standard equipment. Let alone not offer it at all. For what it's worth, Kia has been offering power folding mirrors on their vehicles for about 7 years now. I had them on my 2012 Sorento SX and I loved folding them when I parked or got into the garage. It's just a nice little fancy touch and also practical. Not to mention if a shitty Mitsubishi offers it, it should be standard on the RDX.

bluntman72 12-24-2018 07:57 AM

Previous to my RDX, I had a 2011 Kia Sportage SX which didn't have a power folding mirrors available domestically, but they were available in Korea. I imported a set of power folding mirrors, the driver's side control panel (for the button to fold the mirrors) and an aftermarket relay that tied into the proximity sensor and unfolded the mirrors as I approached with the smart key. My wife said that it was like a dog perking up its ears as its owner approached. :)

Ellydogns 12-24-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC (Post 16354587)
I'll turn the auto-fold back on in the spring. I just don't want to park at the office and find them covered in ice and snow and frozen in place while folded. In the meantime I'll just fold them in with the armrest button when I'm sure there's no risk of snow.

^^Precisely.

DHood 12-24-2018 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC (Post 16354587)

Exactly Right, I did the same, off until Spring.

acuraada 12-26-2018 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 16355086)
Power folding mirrors have been available on premium and luxury vehicles for over 2 decades now. I'm confused as to why Acura wouldn't just make it standard equipment. Let alone not offer it at all. For what it's worth, Kia has been offering power folding mirrors on their vehicles for about 7 years now. I had them on my 2012 Sorento SX and I loved folding them when I parked or got into the garage. It's just a nice little fancy touch and also practical. Not to mention if a shitty Mitsubishi offers it, it should be standard on the RDX.

Shame... Shame... Shame...

ssacuraho 01-11-2019 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by DHood (Post 16355143)
Exactly Right, I did the same, off until Spring.

I did not turn off my auto-folding, and they were not able to automatically retract yesterday in -8C weather. And I didn't notice before I started driving! :stupid:

gtssenior 01-11-2019 11:10 AM

When I was doing a serious evaluation of the '19 RDX I measured the width of my single bay garage entrance and the distance between the outer edge of the mirrors unfolded since I did not have the option buy the power folding windows with the vehicle. I had a couple inches clearance on each side. One thing I discovered that mitigated the risk of hitting the mirrors on the entrance is the camera on the Advance trim. If you double tap the camera button at the end of the windshield wiper control as you approach the entrance, it will put two yellow lines on the display off the sides of the car which you can line up evenly on each side of the garage opening to ensure a clear entry into the garage. I wish I had the power folding capability but at least the camera makes it a little easier to avoid a bump on the mirror in a tight spot.

pbsredrdx 07-29-2019 01:55 PM

Sorry to bring this up from the dead. Has anyone done the power folding mirrors mod on here?

On the Facebook Acura group, some people were able to source parts for the A-Spec and Advanced and installed it. Just wondering if anyone has done it on this forum and if there were any drawbacks outside of the price which is about $1500+ for the A-Spec and $1700+ for the Advance before installation.

gtssenior 07-29-2019 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by pbsredrdx (Post 16460064)
Sorry to bring this up from the dead. Has anyone done the power folding mirrors mod on here?

On the Facebook Acura group, some people were able to source parts for the A-Spec and Advanced and installed it. Just wondering if anyone has done it on this forum and if there were any drawbacks outside of the price which is about $1500+ for the A-Spec and $1700+ for the Advance before installation.

I was considering it, but thought let me drive the car for a few months and see if I really had a need for the power folding mirrors. I have a dual bay with dual doors garage and the clearances are really small when the mirrors are out. I got used to deploying the surround camera view when pulling into the garage (Advance model) and the imaginary lines on the camera view lined up perfectly with the base of the door frame on each side when the car is centered. So I got used to this approach and got adept enough that I did not foresee a mirror collision happening with them out and hence there was no need to fold the windows for entering or backing out, making the power modification not worth pursuing.

pbsredrdx 07-30-2019 11:26 AM

I guess its a nice convenience to have especially when parking in tight spaces around here but I don't know if its worth $1700+ and taking the doors apart to install. Maybe if the parts drop down some more in pricing I'll consider doing it in the future. Just wanted to see if anyone who had it installed had problems with the 360 camera or blind spot sensors after install or something.

NooYawkuh 07-30-2019 11:46 AM

Isn't there also a menu in the infotainment system of the Canadian models that allows you to control their default operation? I guess you can only fold them manually.

SHayat786 09-04-2020 09:38 AM

Hi Guys good to be at Acurazine Forum I am new to this and I bought my 2019 Acura TLX Aspec Sh-AWD on June 29th 2019 love the car it has san mariono red color exterior with red interior. I have got every accessory that is out there for that car such as remote start, body side molding, aluminated door sills (Aspec), High wall all weather floor mats, Special custom gloss black emblems as that model does not have any chrome except emblems, Company I use was through Esty site it took them 30 days to process as they buy brand new emblems from Acura Dealer and than process them to be gloss black cost me alot of $$$ but was worth it. Besides I got PMC model rear 4" tips that are dark in color along with PMC heated steering wheel as the red stitch matches my red leather interior. Gloss black roof (which currently I wrapped it) but will be doing gloss black paint through a paint shop. Gloss black PMC edition radio antenna on the roof.. And lastly gloss black PMC edition outer door handles. Right now I am doing little research to get the power folding mirrors from advance model so once convinced will do the swap. I am certain I will find some valuable information on this forum which I am really excited about. Thanks guys in advance.

JB in AZ 09-04-2020 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SHayat786 (Post 16624562)
Hi Guys good to be at Acurazine Forum I am new to this and I bought my 2019 Acura TLX Aspec Sh-AWD on June 29th 2019 love the car it has san mariono red color exterior with red interior. I have got every accessory that is out there for that car such as remote start, body side molding, aluminated door sills (Aspec), High wall all weather floor mats, Special custom gloss black emblems as that model does not have any chrome except emblems, Company I use was through Esty site it took them 30 days to process as they buy brand new emblems from Acura Dealer and than process them to be gloss black cost me alot of $$$ but was worth it. Besides I got PMC model rear 4" tips that are dark in color along with PMC heated steering wheel as the red stitch matches my red leather interior. Gloss black roof (which currently I wrapped it) but will be doing gloss black paint through a paint shop. Gloss black PMC edition radio antenna on the roof.. And lastly gloss black PMC edition outer door handles. Right now I am doing little research to get the power folding mirrors from advance model so once convinced will do the swap. I am certain I will find some valuable information on this forum which I am really excited about. Thanks guys in advance.

Hi. You may have posted this in the wrong area of Acurazine. (it is easy to do). This is the GEN 3 RDX forum.

With that said it looks like you have done a lot to your TLX!

SHayat786 09-04-2020 03:26 PM

Thank you my friend appreciate it to let me know. When you are new this happens sometimes.