Possible Images of Next Gen MDX and TLX Found on RDX SystemUI.apk

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by AZuser
Article may be old, but times have not changed for Acura.

Genesis has leapt past Acura.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...nda/101031122/
I agree for the past ten years before RDX redesign, things have been stale for Acura. However, their new designs look fantastic and leaps and bounds better than the previous designs.

I find the same thing is happening for the Infiniti vehicles. Their interior design hasn’t changed even in their newest redesign of the QX50. They’re still using the same interior design debuted in the 2014 Q50.

Lexus designs have been super polarizing and to be frank, horrible spindle shaped grill designs that need to go. They’ve been receiving a lot of complaints about it yet they continue to use it, just like Acura shield grill designs in the past.

I feel like what you’re quoting is pretty much the same for all Japanese luxury brands. They all are not sure what to do next. Lexus IS trying to reinvent itself for the younger market.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:59 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by WTF.Acura
The car the next gen TLX and MDX are based of not genesis, which don’t even have a dealer network to sell their cars.
There are lots of Genesis dealers.

https://www.genesis.com/us/en/genesi...-location.html

People act as if Acura didn’t release the precision concept before genesis was even a stand alone company
That's because it wasn't. The Precision Concept was revealed in Jan. 2016

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...show/78672860/

Acura Precision Concept revealed at Detroit auto show

Jan. 12, 2016

An eye-catching red Acura Precision Concept debuted to the world automotive press Tuesday at the Detroit auto show, a year after the brand’s soon-to-arrive Acura NSX supercar was among the show’s stars.
Hyundai announced Genesis spin-off brand in Nov. 2015

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/hyundai...nd/2000012624/

Hyundai Launches Genesis as a Luxury Brand

November 4, 2015

Hyundai Motors announced that the Genesis, currently sold as a premium sedan and coupe, will be spun off as its own division. While similar to Honda, Toyota and Nissan with their respective Acura, Lexus and Infiniti brands which targeted the broader luxury market, the Genesis brand is aimed squarely at European competitors from Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi. Genesis models will be sold globally, first in Korea, China, the United States and the Middle East, later in Europe and other parts of Asia.
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:01 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by mr triple d
I strongly disagree with who is going to buy a maybe 60k TLX Type-S. Have you seen how many of the last generation Type-S or base TLs are still on the road?? Show me how many BMW M3s or base 3 series are still on the road from that era? Not many. Why? German engines are garbage. I've had my share. I give the Europeans the edge on luxury... but all European auto makers suffer from reliability by far!! My neighbor owns a Range. He's always driving a loaner. Why would I pay so much for a vehicle and I cannot enjoy it or drive the heck out of it?! I would take decent luxury and a damn durable engine over any full luxury but have to drive a loaner every other month. And please note: a lot of that excessive luxury costing 10k-20k more is not really necessary anyway. Plus European vehicles depreciate more than any Japanese luxury brand!

You're talking about the 3rd generation TL which is the vehicle I own and have owned for 13 years now. For this thread we are talking about 2019+ Acura models. So no point on mentioning vehicles that are no longer in production and have ended 10+ years ago. I also speak from experience and have owned and still own German. The truth of the matter is, most current Acura models have a ton of issues. This being MOST CURRENT models. The statics don't lie, Acura is still way below the industry average and most of the European brands are above the average.

2019 report

Old 07-12-2019, 08:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The car the next gen TLX and MDX are based of not genesis, which don’t even have a dealer network to sell their cars.
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I agree for the past ten years before RDX redesign, things have been stale for Acura. However, their new designs look fantastic and leaps and bounds better than the previous designs.

I find the same thing is happening for the Infiniti vehicles. Their interior design hasn’t changed even in their newest redesign of the QX50. They’re still using the same interior design debuted in the 2014 Q50.

Lexus designs have been super polarizing and to be frank, horrible spindle shaped grill designs that need to go. They’ve been receiving a lot of complaints about it yet they continue to use it, just like Acura shield grill designs in the past.

I feel like what you’re quoting is pretty much the same for all Japanese luxury brands. They all are not sure what to do next. Lexus IS trying to reinvent itself for the younger market.
All auto makers steal ends and bits of designs from one another but Hyundai by far always stole the whole damn car!! Lol. Look at that Hyundai that almost looked identical to the MB S class?? I think they discontinued it. Smh
Old 07-12-2019, 08:04 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
I agree the new designs are an improvement. But new fantastic designs does not a luxury brand make which is what I've been addressing.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:09 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

People act as if Acura didn’t release the precision concept before genesis was even a stand alone company
I don't think you're understanding this correctly,

The precision concept is only a concept which has not been brought into production and has nothing to do with the TLX.

The leaked photos of the MDX and TLX are more than likely the final production version.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:11 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
You're talking about the 3rd generation TL which is the vehicle I own and have owned for 13 years now. For this thread we are talking about 2019+ Acura models. So no point on mentioning vehicles that are no longer in production and have ended 10+ years ago. I also speak from experience and have owned and still own German. The truth of the matter is, most current Acura models have a ton of issues. This being MOST CURRENT models. The statics don't lie, Acura is still way below the industry average and most of the European brands are above the average.

2019 report

I've also owned a X5 and a M3. I currently own a 2017 MDX. Yes the tranny had issues but the last software update solved the jerkey issues with the tranny. I can also say the tranny never broke even with the jerky issues. It was just a software issue. The X5 on the other hand, the tranny broke 2ce b4 I decided to get rid of the piece of shit. Now to the M3.. I cannot even type all the problems I had with that lemon. My point still stays!
Old 07-12-2019, 08:12 PM
10th Gear

I've also owned a X5 and a M3. I currently own a 2017 MDX. Yes the tranny had issues but the last software update solved the jerkey issues with the tranny. I can also say the tranny never broke even with the jerky issues. It was just a software issue. The X5 on the other hand, the tranny broke 2ce b4 I decided to get rid of the piece of shit. Now to the M3.. I cannot even type all the problems I had with that lemon. My point still stays!
I also do go by statistics. We all know those numbers are fixed.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 PM
10th Gear

*don't
Old 07-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by AZuser
I agree the new designs are an improvement. But new fantastic designs does not a luxury brand make which is what I've been addressing.
So what in your opinion makes a luxury brand? Features? Cost? Reliability? Brands that sell cars that cost over $100k?

People consider Land Rover a luxury brand, but look at the dependability study above.

I mean, JD Power considers Acura as a luxury brand.
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/luxury-...and-crossovers

US News considers Acura a luxury brand.
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...-of-the-brands

Bloomberg considers Acura a luxury brand, although not recommending the RDX.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y-cars-of-2018

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:19 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

We can agree to disagree all day long as every manufacture have their fair share of issues. I am NOT addressing issues with older vehicles no longer in production. Facts are facts just in the last 2-3 years Acura has been below average as most European makers have been at or above average. I AM addressing current issues with current models and my opinion that buyers aren't going to be quick to jump brands and spend 60K for an Acura.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-12-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 PM
10th Gear

We can agree to disagree all day long as every manufacture have their fair share of issues. I am NOT addressing issues with older vehicles no longer in production. Facts are facts just in the last 2-3 years Acura has been below average as most European makers have been at or above average. I AM addressing current issues with current models and my opinion that buyers aren't going to be quick to jump brands and spend 60K for an Acura.
I've never had a Honda engine or tranny counting out on me. Most of Acura's issues are software issues. Even the infotainment system in the RDX currently have an issue with android. But does that me the vehicle is going to leave you stranded in the middle of no where? Or won't start after I've finished shopping in the mall? Or over heated for no reason? Or talled on you in the middle of the street? Or the tranny broke 2ce? Or expensive sensors malfunctioned? All the above are issues I've had with BMW. Not one mechanical issue I've had since I switched to Acura. That's why I don't count on statistics. Statistics include large and small problems. Mechanical issues are a far bigger problem and concern than software updates.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Pro

I don’t know...the MDX is 55-60k OTD and I see a ton of them on the road...

My parents are looking to buy the MDX as their next vehicle.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:10 PM
10th Gear

Exactly! Lol MDX been 60K long ago. And there are more on the road than the X5 lemons.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I've never had a Honda engine or tranny counting out on me. Most of Acura's issues are software issues. Even the infotainment system in the RDX currently have an issue with android. But does that me the vehicle is going to leave you stranded in the middle of no where? Or won't start after I've finished shopping in the mall? Or over heated for no reason? Or talled on you in the middle of the street? Or the tranny broke 2ce? Or expensive sensors malfunctioned? All the above are issues I've had with BMW. Not one mechanical issue I've had since I switched to Acura. That's why I don't count on statistics. Statistics include large and small problems. Mechanical issues are a far bigger problem and concern than software updates.
Again, addressing current model issues. If you want to touch on this topic lightly, there are MANY honda and Acura owners that suffered failed transmissions. I also warranted a ton of them when I worked for Acura. Next, that 3rd gen TL you see on the road has not aged so well and is technically more unreliable than the BMW you owned. From transmission failures, blue tooth failures, lower control arm bushings, ball joints, engine mounts, bluetooth failures, dashboard cracking, seats ripping ect. Like i said, not here to discuss non production vehicles. Let's stay on topic.

Let me clarify what I am saying. I am strictly touching on the future Mdx and Tlx. Both models will have a type-s version which is what I'm saying about the cost.. a tlx type s will most likely end up being 60k plus and the mdx type s even in the 70k range. My point being, at that cost, I dont see people running in to buy these. Yes, mdx is everywhere because current market has SUVs in high demand and sedans are in the dumpster.

Edit:
Acura has a great lease deal, so most of those 60k mdx are leased not bought just as are most 60k+ vehicles.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-12-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:40 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Owner experiences can vary.

My TLX tranny failed by going into park as the car was moving, and it took 14 months for Acura to replace it because it never shifted correctly. My I've had my X5 for 40k miles, not a single issue. I dumped my TLX at 20k.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 1Louder

My TLX tranny failed by going into park as the car was moving, and it took 14 months for Acura to replace it because it never shifted correctly. My I've had my X5 for 40k miles, not a single issue. I dumped my TLX at 20k.
Honestly, this issue was user error causing damage, not a failure of the tranny by itself.
WTF.Acura (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:44 PM
10th Gear

Again, addressing current model issues. If you want to touch on this topic lightly, there are MANY honda and Acura owners that suffered failed transmissions. I also warranted a ton of them when I worked for Acura. Next, that 3rd gen TL you see on the road has not aged so well and is technically more unreliable than the BMW you owned. From transmission failures, blue tooth failures, lower control arm bushings, ball joints, engine mounts, bluetooth failures, dashboard cracking, seats ripping ect. Like i said, not here to discuss non production vehicles. Let's stay on topic.

Let me clarify what I am saying. I am strictly touching on the future Mdx and Tlx. Both models will have a type-s version which is what I'm saying about the cost.. a tlx type s will most likely end up being 60k plus and the mdx type s even in the 70k range. My point being, at that cost, I dont see people running in to buy these. Yes, mdx is everywhere because current market has SUVs in high demand and sedans are in the dumpster.

Edit:
Acura has a great lease deal, so most of those 60k mdx are leased not bought just as are most 60k+ vehicles.
Well most likely I'm getting the MDX type-s. I stopped driving sedans since 2013. I don't think the type-s mdx will be 70+. I think more up to mid 60s. Acura is very aware of competition and they usually stay below the higher price points. I dk if there will be a base Type-s or you will have to purchase full top luxury with the Type-s. That's something we will have to see I guess... but I'm sure a base MDX type-s wouldn't scare anyone away. Compare what you will be getting for 10 to 15k less. Must admit the designs are sick! I like the wide bodies on both vehicles. That's If these pix are the real thing.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:49 PM
10th Gear

Lol you fkd up the tranny yourself! That's not Acura's fault. I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace your tranny either.
WTF.Acura (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Honestly, this issue was user error causing damage, not a failure of the tranny by itself.
Lol you fkd up the tranny yourself! That's not Acura's fault. I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace your tranny either.
Nope. The transmission control module failed. I started a thread on it in the TLX forum. Drivers cannot put the car in park when it's moving. It's locked out.

Last edited by 1Louder; 07-12-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Pro

Nope. The transmission control module failed. Drivers cannot put the car in park when it's moving. It's locked out. Seriously you think a driver could do that?
My Lexus ES allowed me to do this by accident. It didn’t destroy the tranny though luckily. I also wasn’t going at a high rate of speed either. Probably around 5mph.

And yes a driver can put a car in park while car is moving. It depends on the model year car.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-12-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:05 PM

My Lexus ES allowed me to do this by accident. It didn’t destroy the tranny though luckily.
Hey if it was me I'd own it. But no, car was in reverse, both hands on the wheel, and it just went into park. Did it like 5 more times trying to get the car onto the tow truck. Did it twice for the tow truck driver too. And I had an early build and the tranny was faulty. Acura is replacing lots of them if you fight hard enough. There's a LONG thread on it in the TLX forum.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Pro

Hey if it was me I'd own it. But no, car was in reverse, both hands on the wheel, and it just went into park. Did it like 5 more times trying to get the car onto the tow truck. Did it twice for the tow truck driver too. And I had an early build and the tranny was faulty. Acura is replacing lots of them if you fight hard enough. There's a LONG thread on it in the TLX forum.
Lexus wasn’t bulletproof either. The engine oil hose was a ticking time bomb that was ended up recalled by Lexus to replace all hoses in affected engines.

My engine hose actually ended up exploding which triggered a low oil pressure light in the middle of the highway. Had to be towed. This happened before the recall by Lexus.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:25 PM

Lexus wasn’t bulletproof either. The engine oil hose was a ticking time bomb that was ended up recalled by Lexus to replace all hoses in affected engines.

My engine hose actually ended up exploding which triggered a low oil pressure light in the middle of the highway. Had to be towed. This happened before the recall by Lexus.
That's unfortunate - and unusual for Lexus.

But it sort-of makes the point I was trying to make. No car model is bad over the entire range. No car is good over the range either. We all play the odds to some degree. I just think the odds are low having issues with Lexus, but low is not zero. And as awful as my TLX was, they sold tens of thousands and a lot of owners probably did OK.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:41 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bloomberg considers Acura a luxury brand, although not recommending the RDX.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y-cars-of-2018
Sorry I can’t help but laugh at this. Bloomberg thinks the LC500 competes in the same segment as the NSX and the RDX is trying to take Macan sales. Zero clue
Old 07-13-2019, 12:43 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry but explain to me how the 2019 G70 takes after the 2014 TLX? The G70 is currently out in production and has been in the works for the last year. The leaked "TLX" photo isn't in production and looks A LOT LIKE THE G70.. You got it twisted. The G70 is still offered with a 6mt and a 2.0T engine and for those that want more performance they get the 3.3L AWD version, which already has a reflash tune. You're missing the point that other manufactures make vehicles that consumers want. A lot of performance companies are doing supporting mods for many of these vehicles. Acura doesn't have a clear direction of where the industry is. They are playing catching up while everyone else is pulling away. Like I said, I know a bit more than your average joe.
I have to explain to you how the G70 rips the CURRENT TLX? not worth it then.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by cflekken
Totally agreed. Acura is sitting on past laurels but the 19 RDX gives me hope
04WDPSeDaN (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 02:52 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
They really need to put a 6MT in something!
quantum7 (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 02:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Exactly! Lol MDX been 60K long ago. And there are more on the road than the X5 lemons.
I don't know anyone who purchased an MDX for 60k, maybe after taxes and dealer ripoffs.

Acura continues to be a near luxury value brand.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Seems like you still live in the past.

Recent reliability reports have all ranked BMW higher than Acura or near the same.
Software not leaving you stranded?
Go read the limp mode thread.

today's car are more depended upon software than ever. It's not just radio or cd players anymore....
04WDPSeDaN (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 05:41 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I think we may have just misunderstood each other. All I was trying to say is the leaked TLX image resembles a lot like the G70, which is currently in production. I briefly pointed out a few G70 specs which was to more or less say that Genesis gets it and makes a vehicle for the consumer. It has all the right options, including a 6mt paired with the 2.0T engine which already has a ton of aftermarket support due to the Optima and Stinger. A fully loaded G70 is less than 60K and nails 0-60 at 4.5 sec which is great. Add a few supporting mods and a reflash tune, I wouldn't be surprise if it nails high 3's and you will still be under the 60K mark. As for Honda and Acura, we do not have the same aftermarket support. To buy the 3rd gen RDX and want to add a performance tune, you can with hondata but for 700 bucks you gain 28 peek hp and 45 tq.. Not impressive at all. Most here that had Acura's, rarely went back to one. They are not the same cars anymore and have gotten worse over time. They killed off the 1st gen RDX (which was turbo) mainly because the turbos were having a ton of issues. I know this because I replaced a ton of them and most had failed below the 90K mark. Remember, the original design to the new type-s engine was a single turbo with an electric supercharger, a bit much from a company who still can't make transmissions work correctly. I don't hate Acura, deep down inside I wish they can figure it out, but can I firmly tell you, as of now this is my last Acura and I do love my TL.
blakura (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 06:00 AM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
I don't think you're understanding this correctly,

The precision concept is only a concept which has not been brought into production and has nothing to do with the TLX.

The leaked photos of the MDX and TLX are more than likely the final production version.
I think your not understanding, “ the next gen MDX and TLX deign language is based of the precision concept not of the genesis G70.”
Old 07-13-2019, 06:56 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Sit back and enjoy the beautiful pics of MDX and TLX. I am not sure why people are constantly bashing Acura here lol!

You have absolutely the right to provide your opinion but go check the RDX numbers and then decide. Acura isn’t providing any major incentives or discounts and yet it’s the best seller in the segment. The new MDX and TLX will do the same magic. Just be patient
Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Thank you Tony Pac....for bringing us back.
Tony Pac (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 09:58 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I think your not understanding, “ the next gen MDX and TLX deign language is based of the precision concept not of the genesis G70.”

I'm not too sure where theres an issue understanding this... the current mdx and tlx came out in 2014. Meaning these were in the works for at least 2 years prior. The precision concept was shown in 2016. It wasnt meant to take after any current models. The leaked photos of the mdx and tlx are direct take offs from the present model. Meaning other than bumpers, grills and headlight design changes the body is still the same. So no idea where either one of those models take anything from the precision concept. It wasnt me who said genesis copied Acura. I stated the obvious that the leaked tlx photos look similar to a G70 which is in production. Those leaked photos are more than likely the final product. Not sure if you're just hard press to defend Acura but it seems like it..
Old 07-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Pro

Sorry I can’t help but laugh at this. Bloomberg thinks the LC500 competes in the same segment as the NSX and the RDX is trying to take Macan sales. Zero clue
Either way, most car buyers are clueless when buying cars. And if Bloomberg and other main car sites are considering Acura a luxury brand, then most buyers probably do also.

The only ones that don’t are probably the 1%ers who own the Mercedes top tier E and S class sedans, BMW 7 series or the Lexus LS’s, etc.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-13-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:07 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree there was a lengthy discussion on VTEC too on this topic when the G70 came out. Most there agreed that the G70 copied many aspects of the TLX Type S, and Hyundai and Genesis have a history of copying other vehicles. The Equus tried to replicate the Lexus LX sedan, and there are many other examples. It does not mean that Genesis is a bad brand, but they are lacking originality. I do agree that Acura's design language from 2009 until the release of the RDX was not great, but I am excited to see the focus on design with the newer generation of vehicles.
WTF.Acura (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Instructor

I'm not too sure where theres an issue understanding this... the current mdx and tlx came out in 2014. Meaning these were in the works for at least 2 years prior. The precision concept was shown in 2016. It wasnt meant to take after any current models. The leaked photos of the mdx and tlx are direct take offs from the present model. Meaning other than bumpers, grills and headlight design changes the body is still the same. So no idea where either one of those models take anything from the precision concept. It wasnt me who said genesis copied Acura. I stated the obvious that the leaked tlx photos look similar to a G70 which is in production. Those leaked photos are more than likely the final product. Not sure if you're just hard press to defend Acura but it seems like it..
I actually hate Acura and their current lineup excluding the RDX; body lines on the side of the render TLX is different from the current TLX.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLMDXRDX
I do agree that Acura's design language from 2009 until the release of the RDX was not great, but I am excited to see the focus on design with the newer generation of vehicles.
Acura redesign for 2009 were horrendous and they saw the results of those redesign in sales figures.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:32 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I actually hate Acura and their current lineup excluding the RDX; body lines on the side of the render TLX is different from the current TLX.
I agree with and mostly with the A-spec RDX, MDX and TLX. It's in the right direction, that's for sure.
WTF.Acura (07-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Possible Images of Next Gen MDX and TLX Found on RDX SystemUI.apk