Possible Images of Next Gen MDX and TLX Found on RDX SystemUI.apk

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:47 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
TOV have just killed all related posts.

I wonder if other media outlets will follow.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Both cars look just home runs!

Well done Acura! I am super excited about the arrival of these two vehicles.

Thank you for posting these pics.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:42 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Saw this via C&D as well - it's on their FB page too. Nice find!
Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Good work, rdx.god!

Surprised they didn't make the screen bigger and enable touch input with all the kvetching about the trackpad out there. I actually prefer the trackpad, but let users choose how they want to use the system.

Everyone is using larger screens these days from MB, Tesla, Volvo... even Hyundai / Kia, Subaru and VW have massive screens now (and they are all touch screens).
Old 07-11-2019, 11:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You all really believe this was leaked because it was stumbled upon? This whole thing was planned. Acura knew it's redesigned pix were about to be revealed anyway. Especially the MDX. The 2014 model MDX is nearing it's 7th year. What better way to reveal redesigned models? Create a controversy! Wake up people. The designs are great. I like the buff wheel wells on both the MDX and TLX. That's an aggressive stance. Stop saying Acura is trying. 1st of all I would put an Acura/Honda engine over any German engine. I've owned both. When German engines start to give trouble the trouble never stops!! We all know Honda makes some of the best engines in the automobile market. The Type-S MDX is what I been waiting for. I extended my lease just for that reason. The Type-S TLX will be a beast with plenty room for modifications. For the haters.. stop hating on the brand. Acura only suffered from poor designs over the past decade but their engines and overall engineering was always top notched. They should now bring back the ZDX with a Type-S now that the public have a taste for that type of coupe design. Look at the X6? It was ugly at 1st and probably still is.. but ugly in some ways is attractive in the automobile industry. Look and the predator face/grill Lexus?! Ugly but attractive. I can't wait for the official Acura revelations.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Always loved a Jew nose! The tlx looks sick
Old 07-12-2019, 03:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by neoshi
Uh oh Acura is coming after the pix with a copyright infringement notice!
What? Really?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperHandlingTL
The long hood doesn’t designate a cramped interior. Its still has a transverse drivetrain layout and interior packaging has always been really good on Honda and Acura products and one of the main reasons they’ve stayed FWD based. If anything, interior space will increase as both should get a longer wheelbase and a wider track. Lift should mean air suspension and the test mule pretty much showed the air bladders in the rear suspension.
The reason I'm saying a long hood designates a cramped interior is because manufacturers sometimes want to keep a vehicle within a certain length and if more of that length is going to the hood, then that naturally means less is going to the interior. That's what I meant by that comment.

It appears that lift is only to help with towing or with passengers in the rear. Kind of disappointed, was hoping for a full air suspension setup like in the germans.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:44 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Looking at the TLX engine\suspension image, it will use the RDX (type R) engine.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:41 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bfaucett
Always loved a Jew nose! The tlx looks sick
It does!!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:46 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights

Oh thank heavens they are finally fixing those fugly headlights. Just about all the other luxury brands have sleek, cool headlights and Acura has a stupid row of dots that look like cheap Christmas lights. If the image here is how the vehicles' grilles will look going forward, it's badass.

Originally Posted by rdx.god
No doubt the most clear image of the MDX of them all!!!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Thanks, rdx.god.

Regarding the designs, they're an improvement, but Acura seems to be embracing their FWD bones a little too much. That is a lot of front overhang, and the raised hood line really enhances it. Another Japanese styling trend that can't go away soon enough for me.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Wow. That's one awesome looking updates. The ambient lighting is all what we have been asking for on the RDX (please make that available!) and they don't disappoint! Reminds of Tron.

If that's the MDX, I might just hold off for it!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:25 AM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
To be honest, I think the RDX looks better in exterior design than either of the two cars. That front overhang is just like the Mazda CX-9, and my girlfriend preferred the older gen MDX because of that. She thought the hood looked way too long in the CX-9.

The interior design is the same as the RDX, and they added the LED lighting strip just like they have in the Mercedes E class.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-12-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
To be honest, I think the RDX looks better in exterior design than either of the two cars. That front overhang is just like the CX-9, and my girlfriend preferred the older gen MDX because of that.
All subjective. I actually think Mazda has a better front design concept. So I am happy to see a hint of that here. Well done Acura!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:30 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by acuraada
All subjective. I actually think Mazda has a better front design concept. So I am happy to see a hint of that here. Well done Acura!
The rear is like the Infiniti QX60...lol. The only difference is the rear window. From the side it almost looks exactly the same.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-12-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
It's not every day that Acurazine makes it to my Google feed--okay, it never has; but, it did this morning via a Car and Driver article

Great images--based on looks alone, I'm not sure if it's enough to keep me in this 13 year relationship with Acura; however, I'll hold out a bit longer before jumping to Audi

Edit: I too thought I was initially looking at Infinity's:

Last edited by hdcolumbus; 07-12-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:43 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by MSZ
TOV have just killed all related posts.

I wonder if other media outlets will follow.
Related posts on TOV are now back following another statement from Acura...

"UPDATE: Following is an official statement from Matt Sloustcher, Manager of PR at Acura

"As we announced, the True Touchpad Interface that debuted on the RDX will expand across the Acura line-up. These conceptual renderings were embedded deep in the RDX’s user interface software for placement only. While the renderings are conceptual and based on our Precision Concept design language, we are pleased with the anticipation and positive reaction, and are excited to share details of future Acura products at the appropriate time."

Initially, Honda's legal department issued a DMCA takedown notice. After realizing efforts to scrub these images from the internet were futile, they crafted a couple of PR responses. This basically validates that we have now seen the next MDX and TLX before Acura intended.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:08 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zroger73
Related posts on TOV are now back following another statement from Acura...

"UPDATE: Following is an official statement from Matt Sloustcher, Manager of PR at Acura

"As we announced, the True Touchpad Interface that debuted on the RDX will expand across the Acura line-up. These conceptual renderings were embedded deep in the RDX’s user interface software for placement only. While the renderings are conceptual and based on our Precision Concept design language, we are pleased with the anticipation and positive reaction, and are excited to share details of future Acura products at the appropriate time."

Initially, Honda's legal department issued a DMCA takedown notice. After realizing efforts to scrub these images from the internet were futile, they crafted a couple of PR responses. This basically validates that we have now seen the next MDX and TLX before Acura intended.
That is an appropriate PR response from Acura. Now I agree with an earlier poster that this may not have been an accident that these images were so accessible. Companies try to generate buzz and find ways of obtaining feedback outside of the formal launch event of a product.

As for the designs, I think both are improvements over current gen designs, with the TLX having a greater improvement than the MDX. I am a bit puzzled about the grille/front on these two vehicles compared to the RDX which more naturally slants back from the center. These grille incorporations remain more horizontal which does not flow as well. I do like the headlights and love the side profile on the TLX. I am hoping the MDX continues to offer the Sports Hybrid offering as well.

Now I believe next month we are supposed to see the launch of the RLX replacement and I am hoping Acura delivers something close to the precision concept. It needs a true halo sedan.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-pebble-beach/
Old 07-12-2019, 07:39 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
it has to be an accident or they wouldnt have released DMCA's

they finally wised up and realized they couldnt scrub EVERY picture off the internet.
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts
Haha Nicely done rdx.god!.

Any other interesting finds in the RDX infotainment system?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:43 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Whoever believes that this was an accident is wrong!

This was done to create buzz. Believe me! Now the word is out and these images are almost production ready. In a month Acura will reveal the full sedan at Pebble Beach.

Acura tasted the success with RDX last June and the media coverage that they got was phenomenal. Now they want to create a bigger buzz for their best seller, MDX and best sedan (once upon a time).

Also, please stop comparing these vehicles to random brands. When the RDX was released, everyone was is like Mazda CX-5. Now everyone forgot that lol!

I would say the TLX front looks like Audi A5 or A7.

Well done Acura!
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM

what company sends out Cease and Desist letters, if it was an accident?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM

Chevy didnt do that when leaking the C8 mid-engine vette.
Google didnt do that when leaking the pixel 3a and 4
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM

re-read the PR spin...

it pretty much says " alright, you caught us..."
Old 07-12-2019, 08:01 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Whoever believes that this was an accident is wrong!

This was done to create buzz. Believe me! Now the word is out and these images are almost production ready. In a month Acura will reveal the full sedan at Pebble Beach.

Acura tasted the success with RDX last June and the media coverage that they got was phenomenal. Now they want to create a bigger buzz for their best seller, MDX and best sedan (once upon a time).

Also, please stop comparing these vehicles to random brands. When the RDX was released, everyone was is like Mazda CX-5. Now everyone forgot that lol!

I would say the TLX front looks like Audi A5 or A7.

Well done Acura!
I don’t know anyone and have never heard anyone who thought the new RDX is like the Mazda CX-5. The whole car looks entirely different and the sizes aren’t even comparable. I test drove the CX-5 before buying the RDX. Completely different cars and the CX-5 is significantly more cramped than RDX.

People have compared the CX-5 to RDX because they’re in the same class but never the design being similar.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-12-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 AM

Not sure I care if this was intentional or not - it's a nice easter egg and pretty clever.

Exterior designs are nice and all, but I hope they are addressing what I think the two major flaws have been in these cars since....a while. One is that crappy 9 speed they stuck me with in the 15 TLX - closely related to that the miserable reliability scores they are getting across their entire sedan lineup. Two is the interior fit and finish has been very mediocre for what is supposed to be a luxury brand. The difference between our former 14 MDX vs. our current 15 X5 and 16 RX we now own is night and day. They had a lot of ground to make up IMO, and I hope they do. I've had five Acuras over the years and would like to get them back on the list. But they screwed me over on the TLX and the MDX was so I'm waiting for (and hoping) they straighten this out.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Let's be real. Acura ain't luxury. They tried to cross that line with the current gen vehicles, but Ikeda has been pulling them back to the sport moniker. So they don't ever really intend to "catch up" but instead want to remain a value oriented sport premium brand.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
Let's be real. Acura ain't luxury. They tried to cross that line with the current gen vehicles, but Ikeda has been pulling them back to the sport moniker. So they don't ever really intend to "catch up" but instead want to remain a value oriented sport premium brand.
I would disagree with that, have you sat in a normal car before, Acura is getting pretty decent at luxury I would say especially with this newest version of the RDX. Everyone who had sat in mine is always very impressed with how fancy it is.
hockeyaddict (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak
I would disagree with that, have you sat in a normal car before, Acura is getting pretty decent at luxury I would say especially with this newest version of the RDX. Everyone who had sat in mine is always very impressed with how fancy it is.
Need to try some actual luxury brands then man! Our cars are Merc CLA/GLA level at best, and arguably even a CX-9 has more refinement, as does the Hyundai Palisade. How we couldn't even manage to get adjustable thigh seat support is beyond me.
justnspace (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
I totally agree. I have the opportunity to drive a lot of different vehicles. Most of the interior (save for the thin carpet, door sill trim, and interior pillar trim) on the RDX is pretty high end - especially for the price point. BMW's interiors, on the other hand, are heading the other direction in my opinion.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Advanced

I agree. I am celebrating my one-year anniversary with my new RDX next week and I have had lots of random compliments on the vehicle over the past year. It's the best Acura offering since the 3G TL in my opinion, so hopefully all new Acura products will be up to that standard. I think the seats may be the most surprising upgrade that I did not realize when I purchased the vehicle. They are comfortable and strong and show no signs of the leather wearing like my 2010 MDX did.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
The rear is like the Infiniti QX60...lol. The only difference is the rear window. From the side it almost looks exactly the same.

I don't really see as much of the Infiniti. I know it sounds odd but I see a bit of the Buick Enclave in the new design from the side. That's not a horrible thing, yet not a wonderful thing either. I would like to see the MDX in person as most Acuras look better in person than their PR photos.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Acura has hit the nail on the head with the pentagon grill design. It's made every model look soooo much better.
The following 2 users liked this post by hockeyaddict:
1Louder (07-12-2019), NooYawkuh (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
Need to try some actual luxury brands then man! Our cars are Merc CLA/GLA level at best, and arguably even a CX-9 has more refinement, as does the Hyundai Palisade. How we couldn't even manage to get adjustable thigh seat support is beyond me.
The MDX, TLX, RDX, maybe RLX all have intending tight cushion. The new RDX interior is way better that CLA/GLA. The CLA interior is just like the ILX interior cheap plastic everywhere, at least Acura gives you real leather seating.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by zroger73
I totally agree. I have the opportunity to drive a lot of different vehicles. Most of the interior (save for the thin carpet, door sill trim, and interior pillar trim) on the RDX is pretty high end - especially for the price point. BMW's interiors, on the other hand, are heading the other direction in my opinion.
I'll need to pay a visit to the 2019/2020's. I would make the argument they definitely took their foot off the gas around 2013 where they seemed to just stay put rather than move ahead. The interior of my 14 MDX was unremarkable. Not horrible, but a CX-9 would top it these days. Glad to hear they are raising the bar.

What I'd really wish they do is get an RDX hybrid out there that threw some efficiency into the equation. My RX 450h is an amazing daily driver and I get a solid 32 mpg to boot.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Until they fix all the infotainment issues and get Android Auto I have no interest in another Acura product. Going on a year and still having too many unresolved issues. Things as simple as being able to change radio stations and playing a USB without having to do resets and shutdowns.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Pro

Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus have all been generally understood as the luxury division of the Japanese automakers. Acura was generally known as the worst out of three and was priced accordingly. They’re cheaper than Infiniti and Lexus but it doesn’t mean they’re not luxury.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Pro

I’ve been in the CX-9 and own a Mercedes E class. I agree that the Mercedes has more refinement than the Acura, but the CX-9 is definitely not. The MDX hasn’t been updated since 2014 and the CX-9 has their new generation in 2016 model year. The interior space of the CX-9 is very lacking.

The new Acura RDX interior is leaps and bounds better than any Mazda, even with their new design language in the new Mazda 3 which I assume will be in all their lineup in the near future.

Also, the Mercedes seats are much worse than what was used in the Acura OR Mazda.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-12-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
I'm seriously digging both cars

Quick Reply: Possible Images of Next Gen MDX and TLX Found on RDX SystemUI.apk