Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.1.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 03:59 PM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
So, I ran some errands, drove about 30 -40 minutes with (2) 15 minutes stops, returned home, still no update available.

Sooo...Now I'm questioning my steps. First, I have never set up an acura.com login, second, I don't have any idea how to use the OTA (in vehicle cellular) feature which is mentioned in the image I pasted below.

Are these things necessary to get the update? I would think not, as the car clearly notified me of the update being available. In fact, it took over the left side of the display screen. I could return to the map, but within a few seconds, it reverted to the update available message.

I have my home WiFi added to the car, and set to allow automatic updates. It connects while in my garage.
I have also set my cell phone to tether mode, and have that "network" added to the car and allowed automatic updates..

I have tried the USB method, starting with a clean USB drive, I then insert the drive into the USB port in the car, and it downloads the rb folder with files inside. I then put the USB drive into my computer and click on the link that takes me to an Acura website that says the following... but there is no place to click continue.

What next? Considering how easy this was for many, I don't want to go to the dealer for this.

Any help guys? Thanks!

Why don’t you set up an Acura.com account for the hell of it. Maybe the fact that you never gave them the Vin # on the account is what’s prolonged the update getting to you.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Catman70

Why don’t you set up an Acura.com account for the hell of it. Maybe the fact that you never gave them the Vin # on the account is what’s prolonged the update getting to you.
Worth a try. Doing that now.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:59 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Overall, I am very happy with the update. I can zoom the nav and have it follow the car properly, and have successfully sent a destination to the nav from my cell phone.

I still get the ‘map out of date’ thing, and wonder when the maps will be updated.

But overall, I am a happy camper.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
Seriously, any news on your pending purchase?
Still plenty of days left in the month.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Success. I re-linked my phone via Bluetooth, gave the "update" pane my WiFi info, tossed salt over my shoulder and drove an errand. It flagged the update before I left the driveway and and I applied it via home WiFi when I got back.

But my Navi car icon looks orange. And my RDX isn't orange. But the Navi background looks white, like my car. A little too white, actually. Maybe I need to dial back the screen contrast; it's currently set to max.

There is a setting to allow "internet tethering" via phone data service. I made sure that was enabled. Dunno if that made any difference.

Last edited by Wander; 02-14-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:04 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still doesn't work 🤬
Old 02-14-2019, 05:06 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by zroger73
Never mind...

"Fixes case when user is unable to scroll through SiriusXM presets when using the left selector wheel in the steering wheel."
Still doesn't work 🤬
Old 02-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
...and have successfully sent a destination to the nav from my cell phone.
Is there an extra charge or fee for this feature?
Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
...However, when I look at the info screen, it says I still have 1.0.7!! As shown below. WTF????...
Did you cycle the vehicle off/on before you checked the version? Might be that not everything is updated until after a restart - kind of like a Windows update.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wander
Success. I re-linked my phone via Bluetooth, gave the "update" pane my WiFi info, tossed salt over my shoulder and drove an errand. It flagged the update before I left the driveway and and I applied it via home WiFi when I got back.

But my Navi car icon looks orange. And my RDX isn't orange. But the Navi background looks white, like my car. A little too white, actually. Maybe I need to dial back the screen contrast; it's currently set to max.

There is a setting to allow "internet tethering" via phone data service. I made sure that was enabled. Dunno if that made any difference.
OH! I missed a step! Forgot to toss salt over my shoulder.

I'll get some salt and try again tomorrow., And now, on to Valentine's Day with my bride...of 42 years. Roses already presented to her this morning...
I have dinner in the oven for us, she should be home from work in about 30 minutes.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:06 PM
Racer

And now, on to Valentine's Day with my bride...of 42 years. Roses already presented to her this morning...
I have dinner in the oven for us, she should be home from work in about 30 minutes.
Nice. Enjoy!

Old 02-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

A Few Observations About D1.1.2

A few things I've noticed in less than 30 miles of driving since the update:

a. The 'navigation lady' seems to be less talkative than before. Most turns have 3 prompts: 1) In xxx miles turn, 2) Next traffic light/street turn, 3) Turn now. I have not done any highway driving.

b. Traffic status seems more accurate. Coming home from dinner the initial routing was straight down a major road for 5 miles. After about 2 miles the route was changed due to traffic backup. Normally the original route at that time of day isn't bad so I ignored the rerouting. Down the road about a mile and a half was the remnants of a 2 car collision - the rerouting was correct.

c. Playing music from a USB drive had no issues like getting 'stuck' on a single track.

Not much else I've had time to play with in the little driving I've done.

Oh wait, there's one more thing.

d. Vehicle icon on nav screen is red - prefer white to match my RDX.
The following users liked this post:
Royki5cp (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Uploaded mine last night. I was very pleased to see that I can now zoom in and out without entering the explorer and my car location stays in place, so it not lost like it was in explorer. I’m not sure how far out you can zoom, but I went out several miles. It defaults to 500 feet. So far haven’t seen any other changes. Hoping Android Auto is soon released! I hope they will publish all systems changes this update affects.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Royki5cp
...I hope they will publish all systems changes this update affects.
List of changes can be found in this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...pdates-975600/
Old 02-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sounds
Free for the first year, IIRC.

https://acuralink.acura.com/#/availability/2019/RDX

Last edited by Madd Dog; 02-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:23 PM
8th Gear

USB with Software Update

Is there a download link for the new Acura update that can be loaded onto a USB? I have tried numerous times and my 2019 RDX AWD Tech keeps saying I'm up to date.
Thanks
Old 02-14-2019, 08:36 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Basic question - OTA updates work over wifi? I'll be able to connect the infotainment system to my home network and do an update while in my garage or driveway?
Old 02-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
Basic question - OTA updates work over wifi? I'll be able to connect the infotainment system to my home network and do an update while in my garage or driveway?

yep.

apparently you can also use in-car cellular. I don’t if that happened for me, but I did use my iPhone as a hotspot, and I got updated. Through my hotspot, or through the in-car cellular? I don’t know.
The following users liked this post:
NooYawkuh (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Yup. Still not installed, but it thinks it's installed. I will have to give it another shot tomorrow. Sucks because it went through all the restarts and steps but no new NAVI screen and no new number.

ARGHH!!
Old 02-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Drifting

Overall, I am very happy with the update. I can zoom the nav and have it follow the car properly, and have successfully sent a destination to the nav from my cell phone.

I still get the ‘map out of date’ thing, and wonder when the maps will be updated.

Originally Posted by oblio98
Yup. Still not installed, but it thinks it's installed. I will have to give it another shot tomorrow. Sucks because it went through all the restarts and steps but no new NAVI screen and no new number.

ARGHH!!
The thing reboots several times during the installation. I got fooled several times thinking it was done, but then it started another round and eventually the progress bar reappeared.

Sending a destination to the Nav is a feature of the "Basic" AcuraLink service, which is complimentary for the life of the car ( or until Acura says something different ). But depending on how long the car lives, the cellular service it is designed to use may be long since deprecated and unavailable.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

What's your map version? Is there any other issue with map funtionality apart from the message?
Old 02-15-2019, 06:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JustAnotherOne
What's your map version? Is there any other issue with map funtionality apart from the message?
I forget the number, but I downloaded a newer version during a window when it was available on the site, and then pulled. I’ll check it later. Other than that screen, no, no no difficulties.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:00 AM
Drifting

Map version is 2018.10.18
Old 02-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
1.1.2 fixed my USB issues for the past 2 days until today when all the problems are back again. Have to unplug and replug it everytime or it gets stuck on 'initializing' Same thing last week when the dealer replaced my infotainment system it worked fine for a week then the problems came back. I just don't see how it can work then all of a sudden revert back to all the issues.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
My nav map now has a + and - and does zoom in and out
Old 02-15-2019, 11:33 AM
2013 RDX tech Amber

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Had car in for 5000 mile A 1 service and they updated to the new software. I love the zoom in and out it already saved me going to work so that I could see traffic further out and avoid it. I also noticed that the Apple carplay worked much smoother without glitches.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Racer

So is the "the big fix"? Does it fix all the bugs everyone was having or are there still outstanding issues?

(I realize Android Auto is still missing, but other than that)
Old 02-15-2019, 12:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
So is the "the big fix"? Does it fix all the bugs everyone was having or are there still outstanding issues?

(I realize Android Auto is still missing, but other than that)
Time will tell. I haven't tested out the USB issues yet.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Njbrandon
1.1.2 fixed my USB issues for the past 2 days until today when all the problems are back again. Have to unplug and replug it everytime or it gets stuck on 'initializing' Same thing last week when the dealer replaced my infotainment system it worked fine for a week then the problems came back. I just don't see how it can work then all of a sudden revert back to all the issues.
I of course have no answers, but possibilities perhaps. Does the problem occur on a second flash drive - worth testing? Are you using an extension cable? Point being is that if there are intermittent hardware or cable errors causing retries, perhaps the software is not happy with that and other times there are no problems. Hardware and cable issues can be very fleeting. Also worth trying a three finger entry into diagnostic mode to do a restart.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Map version is 2018.10.18
Ok cool. I downloaded this map update version to my flash drive a while back but never updated the maps since it was pulled from the site. Planing to try the update now as I use nav regularly and found some roads missing in nav. Just wanted to be sure it still works after this software update.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Drifting

Ok cool. I downloaded this map update version to my flash drive a while back but never updated the maps since it was pulled from the site. Planing to try the update now as I use nav regularly and found some roads missing in nav. Just wanted to be sure it still works after this software update.
It still works fine, it is just a screen to click through. I have had my car a bit over six months, and am still waiting for the first ‘quarterly’ nav update.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I updated last night and today was running errands listening to music on the USB drive. I turned off the car 3 or 4 times and the USB always restarted where it left off and played the next song correctly. Now if it will only last.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Drifting

It still works fine, it is just a screen to click through. I have had my car a bit over six months, and am still waiting for the first ‘quarterly’ nav update.
OTOH mine never did this "maps out of date" thing until after the 2018.10.18 map update, that was briefly available for download and quickly pulled. Early adopter blues, once again.

I do wonder what the future holds for map updates on this thing.

Baby steps.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wander
OTOH mine never did this "maps out of date" thing until after the 2018.10.18 map update,...
Same here. Can't see any rhyme or reason for the appearance of that 'out of date' message. I'll go for weeks without it showing then it will pop up for 3/4/5 consecutive trips then go back into hibernation. Makes no sense.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by krisk
Got the update today on the way home today. The only thing I noticed was the navigation now allows for different zoom scaling without reverting back to the default. Haven't had time to check and see if the annoying system error on rotating thru the satelite preselects is still doing it.
this is a major update for me. The map on the RDX were based on usable, because it kept going back to the default room level.

unfortunately still no Android auto. The tech at the dealerships told me that will now be in April. Which I don't place a lot of faith in oh, but there's always hope
Old 02-15-2019, 05:11 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No update available for me but just got an email from Acura explaining they're having technical difficulties and to wait a few days.

"Recently you received an email from us regarding an available software update for your Acura RDX. Unfortunately, due to a technical difficulty there is a delay in your RDX receiving the update. We hope to have this resolved within a few days."
Old 02-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larrybrd
No update available for me but just got an email from Acura explaining they're having technical difficulties and to wait a few days.

"Recently you received an email from us regarding an available software update for your Acura RDX. Unfortunately, due to a technical difficulty there is a delay in your RDX receiving the update. We hope to have this resolved within a few days."
When was you RDX built? You are now #3 that has reported this. I also got this email...both mine and the other poster's cars were built 11/18.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:18 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11/18
Old 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Drifting

Dang.

You guys are on to something here.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 PM
Drifting

Dang.

You guys are on to something here.
It IS starting to look like it, isn't it?

We'll have to see if anyone else has an 11/18 build date and hasn't able to get the update yet.

I wonder if we need to drill down further, Base, Tech, A Spec or Advance... and AWD or FWD???????

Quick Reply: Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.1.2