Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by securityguy
Just go to www.navigation.com and that will resolve your issue. However, this link is only to BUY the updates and not to get them for FREE. Acura stated the FREE updates will get pushed down to the car as was the 1.0.7 update.
Yes, I understand all that. I was just pointing out that the specific URL provided in the 'How to Update' tab is invalid.

The following users liked this post:
WoodyB (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by qwxilvr
Has anyone from Canada been able to update? My late sept early october build has 1.0.4 but no updates show as available.
No update for me either. I have a late August Platinum Elite and the Infotainment System is still at 1.0.4.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
I wonder if we spend a little bit of time in one of the bordering US cities, cross-border shopping, if the update would push through?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Just go to www.navigation.com and that will resolve your issue. However, this link is only to BUY the updates and not to get them for FREE. Acura stated the FREE updates will get pushed down to the car as was the 1.0.7 update.
There is no 2019 RDX map update available. The maps out of date issue is not related to the 1.0.7 update, it’s due to the free map update that was available a while back that has since been pulled. I updated and I get the maps out of date message, both before and after the 1.0,7 update. It actually seems to happen more often since the update.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
That link will lead you to the same place that has sporadically linked to free USB installed map updates for 2019 RDX. It does not currently have the necessary link active, but tomorrow is a new day. Who knows?

There is no option to BUY map updates for 2019 RDX, even if you wanted to, but they will be more than happy to sell you a map update for any other model year RDX ( which will not work in 2019 RDX, even if you find a place to stick the disc ).

Glad we got that cleared up.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by i69fstop
Try to factory reset the infotainment and see if it helps. (update could have unwanted, corrupt files in process)
Not a bad idea, but it might reset all user preferences to factory defaults as well.

Sure wish I had made a backup before this update...
Old 12-21-2018, 06:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander
Not a bad idea, but it might reset all user preferences to factory defaults as well.

Sure wish I had made a backup before this update...
It WILL reset all settings, including phone pairing.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo

There is no 2019 RDX map update available. The maps out of date issue is not related to the 1.0.7 update, it’s due to the free map update that was available a while back that has since been pulled. I updated and I get the maps out of date message, both before and after the 1.0,7 update. It actually seems to happen more often since the update.

That is correct. The update placed on the website for download was in error and was never supposed to be available. Acura Tech Support shared with me that all RDX updates, since they are supposed to be FREE, will be done via an OTA and not via the web or USB.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DrWoo
There is no 2019 RDX map update available.
Yes...we all know that. As I stated above, and others have quickly determined, the update that some downloaded was an error and was never supposed to be released. It is, most likely, the cause of the issues that those that performed the download are facing as it relates to error messages.

Acura stated to me that an OTA for the FREE map update will be released early 2019. We'll see as we have all heard different things based on who you speak with at Acura.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes...we all know that. As I stated above, and others have quickly determined, the update that some downloaded was an error and was never supposed to be released. It is, most likely, the cause of the issues that those that performed the download are facing as it relates to error messages.

Acura stated to me that an OTA for the FREE map update will be released early 2019. We'll see as we have all heard different things based on who you speak with at Acura.
@Security Guy....your response is exactly what I feel is wrong with Acura. THANKS FOR IT BY THE WAY. In my business if we told our customers as many different stories and directions as Acura does then we would have failed years ago. The good news is Acura's strength (Honda's) is the car itself which I believe is the main reason most people who buy Acura products do. The build in display tells an end user to go to the navigation site to check for maps so they could have made this very simple by publicly and in writing, stating that MAP updates will be via OTA, period. I wouldn't have wasted a minute looking for an update is that was made clear. So as I've stated before. Great manufacturer of automobiles. Need to outsource their IT group.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
I was just responding to your statement to “Just go to www.navigation.com and that will resolve your issue.” It doesn’t.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:10 AM
Burning Brakes

It resolves the link issue he was facing but not the ability to get the updates. You have to read the full context of the post and the replies.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got problems using Siri since the update. When I don't have it connected via cable and I'm not using Carplay. Siri's eyes free used to work with a long press of the talk button on the steering wheel. Now no workie. It works if you connec the cable and use Carplay. It also works if you use a short press and talk to Acura software. Anyone else with same issue?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I must not be understanding something. If the quarterly maps will be updated OTA, how many quarters are there in a year, and how many months are there in a quarter? I have had the car a couple of days shy of 5 months, others have had it over six. Shouldn’t a quarter have happened already?
Old 12-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Yup. same issue. frustrating.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:12 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
3 months in a quarter and 4 quarters in a year. I have also heard a map update is coming in early 2019. I have been using the here website to add my neighborhood to the map database in the hope that it will be in the next update.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

If this turns out to be true, then perhaps it sounds like there will be one OTA process for code updates and for map updates. To me this is a positive as opposed to chasing websites and using a memory stick to be the primary method to do the map updates. I had no problems with the code update OTA process going to 1.0.7. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the update, but the process worked well. We bought the car from Acura so Acura should be our source for the updating in my opinion, not HERE, Garmin or whomever. If over time after the free (?) map update(s) run their course, having a map update subscription managed by Acuralink seems logical since they have the billing mechanisms and tracking in place.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
It WILL reset all settings, including phone pairing.
how do you do a FACTORY reset?
Old 12-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Pro

So I got the drive mode change unavailable error tonight. I’ve had the new software since the 12th. It’s 67 and humid in delaware. I don’t know if weather is a factor. I had my iPhone plugged in and when I unplugged it, it stopped popping up repeatedly but still got the message, although the drive mode DID change, I felt the RPms and gear shifts changing and the mode changed on the MID. Stopped for dinner so I Haven’t started back up yet. I’ll update later.

Weird.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm happy to have read this big thread just now. I'm not going to update after reading about this hot mess. I was primarily interested in updating via USB stick and it sounds like they decided not to support this? I'm not at all interested in running my battery down to install an update that could potentially brick the computer or at the very least, erase my saved GPS locations. What a mess. Maybe the next update will be better or worth while.

Also I see some have mentioned skipping when playing USB drives. I've avoided that problem by using my ipod touch in the USB slot. I haven't had any skips and it displays the album artwork just fine. However if I ever notice a drop in audio quality I can use the USB and analog aux jack as a back up. I actually didn't expect the digital USB input to work as well as it does so for the first few rides in the car I was using the AUX jack.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
So I got the drive mode change unavailable error tonight. I’ve had the new software since the 12th. It’s 67 and humid in delaware. I don’t know if weather is a factor. I had my iPhone plugged in and when I unplugged it, it stopped popping up repeatedly but still got the message, although the drive mode DID change, I felt the RPms and gear shifts changing and the mode changed on the MID. Stopped for dinner so I Haven’t started back up yet. I’ll update later.

Weird.

well I got back in and everything was normal. No idea what that was about.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:03 AM
Drifting

how do you do a FACTORY reset?
It's an option in Settings:
Settings > System > Factory Data Reset
But I'm not convinced it will restore anything aside from user settings. I'm pretty sure it won't touch the map data. And I doubt it has any "backup" of files that were altered in previous "updates" ( although that would certainly be nice ). But if by some cruel twist of fate there is data corruption in a user settings data file, and that is causing system quirkiness, maybe it will help.

I think mostly this option is provided to wipe out sensitive user data before the car is sold, such as home address, phone numbers, travel history, etc.

As for restoring system software, I suspect dealer service has tools to do that, but I don't think Acura trusts us with that power.

Last edited by Wander; 12-22-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
It's an option in Settings:
Settings > System > Factory Data Reset
But I'm not convinced it will restore anything aside from user settings. I'm pretty sure it won't touch the map data. And I doubt it has any "backup" of files that were altered in previous "updates" ( although that would certainly be nice ). But if by some cruel twist of fate there is data corruption in a user settings data file, and that is causing system quirkiness, maybe it will help.

I think mostly this option is provided to wipe out sensitive user data before the car is sold, such as home address, phone numbers, travel history, etc.

As for restoring system software, I suspect dealer service has tools to do that, but I don't think Acura trusts us with that power.
you can also do it from the Acura link app and it will reset next time your in the car
Old 12-22-2018, 08:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Weird.

I had the exact same issue. Picked up the car this week and had the drive mode change unavailable error. Actual mode would change but the main screen kept showing the error despite the speedometer screen showing the changes between the different modes. The very next day, things seemed to go back to normal and it’s been 2 days and haven’t seen the error again.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:13 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by DHood
No update for me either. I have a late August Platinum Elite and the Infotainment System is still at 1.0.4.
Same here. My shit works just fine, so no update needed anyway.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:45 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the mileage is not updating in the app? It seems like gas level, range and % oil life are all updating.

Billy
Old 12-23-2018, 05:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing that updates on mine is the tire pressure.. The fuel, range, oil life and mileage have not updated since the update. Remote start works fine.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by 111cab
The only thing that updates on mine is the tire pressure.. The fuel, range, oil life and mileage have not updated since the update. Remote start works fine.
same thing for me, before the update everything worked in my app, since the update the only thing that updates is the tire pressure, app is very unreliable, the unlock and remote start works but it’s sooooo slow, but no updates on gas mileage, oil, all that, and Acura wants us to pay for this shitty service 😂
Old 12-23-2018, 07:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 111cab
Upon further investigation, tire pressure seems to be the only thing updating on mine also.

Billy
Old 12-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Drifting

You may need to reauthorize sharing the data. Go to the Support page on the app, and make sure to Allow vehicle data collection.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
You may need to reauthorize sharing the data. Go to the Support page on the app, and make sure to Allow vehicle data collection.
Thanks for the thought, but that is on in my app.

I wonder if something has changed behind the scenes?

Billy
Old 12-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
That is not the issue. I am sure, like mine, that everyone's app is in the "ALLOW" state.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Have anyone else experienced after the update that when playing music thru usb the song selection starts shuffling after after a couple of songs and switchs to a different file folder?
Old 12-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Drifting

That is not the issue. I am sure, like mine, that everyone's app is in the "ALLOW" state.
With due respect, you don't have a clue what state anyone's app is in, except perhaps your own.

I could swear there was a setting in D.1.0.4 to allow a connected cell phone to be used to place an emergency call, but I hunted in vain to find it in D.1.0.7. Am I hallucinating? Again?
Old 12-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Racer

I could swear there was a setting in D.1.0.4 to allow a connected cell phone to be used to place an emergency call, but I hunted in vain to find it in D.1.0.7. A m I hallucinating? Again?
I tried deleting my phone to see if it would help some of the 1.0.7 issues, it asked if I wanted to do that. I wonder if the setting is buried really deep?

Billy
Old 12-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Drifting

It was missing from my app, so I re-allowed on my app, and also on the car’s AcuraLink icon, usually on the second page.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Burning Brakes

With due respect, you don't have a clue what state anyone's app is in, except perhaps your own.

I could swear there was a setting in D.1.0.4 to allow a connected cell phone to be used to place an emergency call, but I hunted in vain to find it in D.1.0.7. Am I hallucinating? Again?
A bit touchy today my friend? You are correct in that I have no idea what state anyone's app is in. However, my statement was made because I, too, have the issue and it is not related to the ALLOW or BLOCK option. Acura is having issues, based on what I was told by their Tech Support team, so this is effecting most, if not all, people using the app. You have to create a ticket with Acura.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Drifting

Well the state my app is in (aside from NY) is that after the update, that data was gone from the app, and I reauthorized it on the app, and in the car, and it is back on my app.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Burning Brakes

When you say you reauthorized it on the app and in the car, what exactly did you to? Thanks
Old 12-24-2018, 05:06 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by acelow
Have anyone else experienced after the update that when playing music thru usb the song selection starts shuffling after after a couple of songs and switchs to a different file folder?
YES. So annoying. Constantly goes back to the first song on the USB in alphabetic order. Doesn't matter if it's a playlist or an album sequence. Many more drop outs now as well. So annoying that I tried Apple Car Play again, and it worked for a ride or two, then it too started with stuttering audio playback. I am really hating this 1.0.7.

Another new issue I found. I restarted my phone (powered it off and on) while it was connected to the car. It did not reconnect to the car when the phone came back up, and it did not reconnect to the car the next time I started the car the next day. I had to manually re-pair the phone to the car. I don't think that was the case with 1.0.4.

Last edited by oblio98; 12-24-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7