Notices

Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7

 
Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 AM
  #401  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 63
Posts: 44
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
So was anything new? Did it screw up your favorites again?
RDXguy is online now  
Old 01-05-2019, 09:22 AM
  #402  
Registered Member
 
MI-RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 992
Received 240 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by RDXguy View Post
...Did anyone else get this notice on there Acuralink App? Is is new or just a repeat?
Pretty sure it's just a 'broadcast' message going out multiple times. I received it twice now since updating to 1.0.7.

MI-RDX is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 11:00 AM
  #403  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 39
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
My early build was plagued with infotainment issues but after 1.0.7 update I haven't had any "radio loading" freezes. Some new issues I'm having that I didn't have before the update is playing music from USB stick or iPod. I have to unplug and replug them every time I start the car or the songs won't load. Also sometimes my radio stations don't load and when I try to change the station it keeps going back to the one playing. Anyone else having these issues or know of a fix?
Njbrandon is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 05:22 PM
  #404  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Age: 56
Posts: 687
Received 126 Likes on 97 Posts
The "fix" is to wait for the next update
securityguy is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:14 PM
  #405  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 438
Likes: 0
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post


All 1.07 did for me was screw up some things. No more Siri hands free, lost favorites, the apps button on the steering wheel brings up Sirius, but then says there are no favorites, when there are.

Waiting is a pretty good idea, if the car lets you get away with it.
Madd Dog,

I am still holding at 1.04 currently. I see no reason to move to the new update but waiting and watching until they release a new fix for these issues.
Hou-RL is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM
  #406  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,428
Received 369 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL View Post
Madd Dog,

I am still holding at 1.04 currently. I see no reason to move to the new update but waiting and watching until they release a new fix for these issues.
Not a bad idea. I have refused the current iPhone update.

All 1.07 did for me was swap problems. I got the infotainment freeze today, and did the three-key reboot. It only half worked, but it did stop the system from staying on. However, my sirius and FM buttons were gone, and I tried a bluetooth call, and the call did go out, but I could hear nothing. When my wife called back, the system showed it coming in, but it rang on my phone and used the phone only, no bluetooth connection.

When I finally got home, I did the three finger salute again, and this time it was restored.


I do hope they get their act together. Thankfully, guys here have been sharing good info.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 05:42 PM
  #407  
Gen3 RDX Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Toronto
Age: 23
Posts: 12
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post


Not a bad idea. I have refused the current iPhone update.

All 1.07 did for me was swap problems. I got the infotainment freeze today, and did the three-key reboot. It only half worked, but it did stop the system from staying on. However, my sirius and FM buttons were gone, and I tried a bluetooth call, and the call did go out, but I could hear nothing. When my wife called back, the system showed it coming in, but it rang on my phone and used the phone only, no bluetooth connection.

When I finally got home, I did the three finger salute again, and this time it was restored.


I do hope they get their act together. Thankfully, guys here have been sharing good info.
just do it again. It happened to me, too. Everything audio related was removed after first rebooting and came back after the second time.
BILFFF is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 PM
  #408  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,428
Received 369 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by BILFFF View Post
just do it again. It happened to me, too. Everything audio related was removed after first rebooting and came back after the second time.
Yeah, I had done that. My original plan was to try it an hour after the shutdown, but I gave it the second try when I got home and it worked.

Glad I didnít have to crawl aroundnthe footwell and pull a fuse. I am not as bendable as I used to be.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:31 AM
  #409  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Age: 60
Posts: 19
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone that didn't update because their rdx was already 1.07 having any of the problems that the update caused for those of us who were 1.04?
acelow is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:39 PM
  #410  
Registered Member
 
kboo74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hampton Roads Area, VA
Age: 45
Posts: 124
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
When I bought my RDX in Nov 2018 I had no issues and I was already at 1.0.7. Test drove the RDX 4 times and had my iphone plugged on all of them and no issues then. Since 2019 I had my Infotainment System freeze once and I did the 3 button reset. Every now and then I get the Car Play error message but I think I have caused it by not letting the system boot up completly. When that happens I just unplug the phone and plug it back in. Other than I am patiently waiting for the next update. My system is working 98% of the time and I’m happy with it. Hopefully the next update clears up the major bugs everyone’s seeing and adds some missing features to the Nav. I’m gonna have some faith and hope Acura is taking notes of all the complaints and gets teir act together.
kboo74656 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:46 PM
  #411  
Registered Member
 
Havasubum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 120
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kboo74656 View Post
When I bought my RDX in Nov 2018 I had no issues and I was already at 1.0.7. Test drove the RDX 4 times and had my iphone plugged on all of them and no issues then. Since 2019 I had my Infotainment System freeze once and I did the 3 button reset. Every now and then I get the Car Play error message but I think I have caused it by not letting the system boot up completly. When that happens I just unplug the phone and plug it back in. Other than I am patiently waiting for the next update. My system is working 98% of the time and Iím happy with it. Hopefully the next update clears up the major bugs everyoneís seeing and adds some missing features to the Nav. Iím gonna have some faith and hope Acura is taking notes of all the complaints and gets teir act together.
You have more faith in them than I do. I've been waiting for a call from Client Relations for 2 weeks.
Havasubum is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:34 PM
  #412  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 66
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One time I had a blank screen come up. I had remote started with the app and after getting in and pressing the start button nothing came on the screen. Seems to be the only time something hasn’t worked.
drs2rt is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:45 PM
  #413  
Registered Member
 
kboo74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hampton Roads Area, VA
Age: 45
Posts: 124
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I have had at least 4 calls to Client Relations and 3 call backs from them. Each call lasted over 20 minutes and I got all my questions answered and the calls were helpful. I guess I got lucky.
kboo74656 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 02:07 PM
  #414  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Age: 32
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drs2rt View Post
One time I had a blank screen come up. I had remote started with the app and after getting in and pressing the start button nothing came on the screen. Seems to be the only time something hasnít worked.
Iíve had the same issue happen 3 times. I just restarted the car each time and all was fine. This is the only issue Iíve had with the car besides squeaky breaks on hard stops.
Cashneto is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM
  #415  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TN
Age: 55
Posts: 281
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
three-key reboot.
I have searched for this, but can't find what the "three-key reboot" is exactly. I think it is pressing the back-home-cards list button all at the same. Is that correct?

Billy
billyt1963 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:50 PM
  #416  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,428
Received 369 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by billyt1963 View Post
I have searched for this, but can't find what the "three-key reboot" is exactly. I think it is pressing the back-home-cards list button all at the same. Is that correct?

Billy

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g.../#post16332245

Post 30
Madd Dog is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
billyt1963 (01-12-2019), MajorHavoc (01-15-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 PM
  #417  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 982
Received 249 Likes on 170 Posts
If anyone cares, I managed to get my AcuraLink "status" working again after I did the three-key salute, then deleted the car VIN info from the AcuraLink app on my iPhone and re-entered it. I have no idea if the "reboot" accomplished anything, or if it was all about the app and whatever verification happens when you register a car.

Now I can get back to bitching about the built-in Nav.
Wander is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Havasubum (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 06:30 AM
  #418  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
If anyone cares...
i care, but I wouldnít dare to try it. Between HondaLink (for my Clarity) and AcuraLink I spent many hours trying to get validated. Iím not going to mess with it now. CarPlay makes me oblivious to the built in nav, so Iíve had to find other things to bitch about.
tangible is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 06:43 AM
  #419  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 100
Posts: 332
Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
If anyone cares
I care.

Sounds is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM
  #420  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Apex,NC
Age: 61
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can I ask a dumb question. How do you tell what software update you have. I looked in system section, but could not find anything.
John
Bartrdx is offline  
The following users liked this post:
MajorHavoc (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 AM
  #421  
Registered Member
 
beancount1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Western MA
Age: 69
Posts: 49
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
If anyone cares, I managed to get my AcuraLink "status" working again after I did the three-key salute, then deleted the car VIN info from the AcuraLink app on my iPhone and re-entered it. I have no idea if the "reboot" accomplished anything, or if it was all about the app and whatever verification happens when you register a car.

Now I can get back to bitching about the built-in Nav.
I got Acuralink working after Acura did some kind of reset after I deleted the app. So I use it to start the car, but if I hit start engine I will get an error. I will then simply remove the app from my iphone open apps (swipe up), try it again and it works. I don't get it, but it seems to work. Very strange.
beancount1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:24 AM
  #422  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 982
Received 249 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
I care.
Good to know. Group hug.
Wander is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:10 PM
  #423  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 438
Likes: 0
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by beancount1 View Post
I got Acuralink working after Acura did some kind of reset after I deleted the app. So I use it to start the car, but if I hit start engine I will get an error. I will then simply remove the app from my iphone open apps (swipe up), try it again and it works. I don't get it, but it seems to work. Very strange.
I have not updated my current version (1.04) and I have the same issue lately. When trying to start my RDX with the app, I get an error. I have to close my app and restart it to allow it to work properly. I also have an issue locating my vehicle and get an error. I think the issue is eother the app or the communication
I can say when I purchased my RDX in June i never had the app issues. It could be more users are online and the system cant handle the new number of users or the app was updated and has flaws.
Hou-RL is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:48 PM
  #424  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,428
Received 369 Likes on 273 Posts
I did update, and lost Siri, like others. But I have not had any problems with the app.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:41 PM
  #425  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: O.C., So., Calif.
Posts: 8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please tell me how to do the 3 button reset? Looking at post #30 all I see is "video failed to load"!
Thanks in advance!Log into use GingerLimited modehow doing the 3 button reset◊
MajorHavoc is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 03:35 AM
  #426  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TN
Age: 55
Posts: 281
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
I was sent this a few messages back.

Billy
billyt1963 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 07:47 AM
  #427  
Registered Member
 
DrWoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Age: 60
Posts: 201
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
I did update, and lost Siri, like others. But I have not had any problems with the app.
Strange, I also did the update, snd still have Siri, but the app has been nothing but problems ever since. I was planning to buy the remote start service when my trial ends in 2 weeks, but now thinking itís not worth the aggregation. App is constantly loosing any newly saved favorites, anything I delete magically returns the next day, and it constantly prompts to enable vehicle data collection. I allow it, but the next time I use the app, itís back. I opened 2 cases so far, no response from Acura.
DrWoo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
markm929 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 08:48 AM
  #428  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,428
Received 369 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo View Post

Strange, I also did the update, snd still have Siri, but the app has been nothing but problems ever since. I was planning to buy the remote start service when my trial ends in 2 weeks, but now thinking itís not worth the aggregation. App is constantly loosing any newly saved favorites, anything I delete magically returns the next day, and it constantly prompts to enable vehicle data collection. I allow it, but the next time I use the app, itís back. I opened 2 cases so far, no response from Acura.
Seems like there is a Soup Nazi behind the scenes saying ďNo Siri for youĒ to me, but ďNo app for youĒ to you.

Makes about as much sense as any other explanation.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 06:24 PM
  #429  
Registered Member
 
Havasubum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 120
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Just experienced a new treat when trying to operate my infotainment system with the 1.0.7 update. I have a 128 GB flash drive with about 580 songs. They are not in folders. I plugged the flash drive in yesterday and left it in overnight. While playing via the USB feature today, it froze on the 4th song. It would not go to the next song automatically no matter what settings I clicked on. Also, it would not manually move to the next song via the left thumb wheel or using the track pad. I would ad that the flash drive had completely loaded yesterday and it didn't load at all when I started the car this morning. I left the drive in the slot while I stopped for lunch today. The failure occurred when I restarted the car after lunch. I'm really trying to like this car. At this point with a list 5 things that are wrong with the infotainment system, I'm beginning to hate driving the car. Incidentally, I talked to the case manager at AHC on Thursday. They clearly do not have any answers.
Havasubum is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 06:48 PM
  #430  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Age: 51
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How often does Acura update software?

i was just at the dealership and I am all set on getting the new RDX on Monday. Some of these posts are starting to scare me. May I know how often does Acura update software? Is it all lumped into 1 big release or do they do adhoc bug releases?
Amit Ladhani is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 07:13 PM
  #431  
Registered Member
 
Havasubum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 120
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Amit Ladhani View Post
i was just at the dealership and I am all set on getting the new RDX on Monday. Some of these posts are starting to scare me. May I know how often does Acura update software? Is it all lumped into 1 big release or do they do adhoc bug releases?
Updates are hit and miss. The latest update was promised in June 2018 and not delivered until 12-12-2018. The latest update solved one problem I had and introduced several new problems. The biggest problems I've experienced personally is American Honda's horrible customer relations. It's subjective for me; but I don't think that they demonstrate that they care about their customers.
Havasubum is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 08:10 PM
  #432  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,428
Received 369 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by Amit Ladhani View Post
i was just at the dealership and I am all set on getting the new RDX on Monday. Some of these posts are starting to scare me. May I know how often does Acura update software? Is it all lumped into 1 big release or do they do adhoc bug releases?
IMO,
as a car, my car is great. It is an SUV that drives as near to a sport sedan as you can get. The driving aids of lane keeping and adaptive cruise control work great.

If you demand a lot from the infotainment, you might be disappointed. Hopefully, they will sort it out, but, as of now, IMO, it is not sorted.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 05:46 AM
  #433  
Registered Member
 
MI-RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 992
Received 240 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Havasubum View Post
...While playing via the USB feature today, it froze on the 4th song. It would not go to the next song automatically no matter what settings I clicked on. Also, it would not manually move to the next song via the left thumb wheel or using the track pad....
When this happens to me (since the 1.0.7 update) I'm able to restore normal function using the voice command button (on the steering wheel) and saying "Play <song title>". Others have gone into the menu system and selected a specific song and gotten out of the condition.

MI-RDX is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 07:06 AM
  #434  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Amit Ladhani View Post
Some of these posts are starting to scare me.
On any forum like this, people are far more likely to post about their problems than about their satisfaction with the car. Weíre primarily here to help and be helped. So itís easy for a visitor to get the wrong impression.

If I were buying today, knowing all I know from six months of ownership, I would buy the RDX again. Every car has glitches, and those the RDX has donít affect its driveability, performance, comfort or safety. Obviously people put different emphasis on various aspects of a car. For my money itís by far the best in its class.

tangible is online now  
The following users liked this post:
securityguy (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 07:27 AM
  #435  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 438
Likes: 0
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
I never knew people buy RDX's based on the infotainment. To say that one is starting to hate a car based on an infotainment seems like an expensive infotainment purchase. The car is just fine but rhe infotainment has issues so now I hate the RDX. These type.of comments are just too funny.

Last edited by Hou-RL; 01-20-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Hou-RL is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:31 AM
  #436  
Registered Member
 
Havasubum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 120
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL View Post
I never knew people buy RDX's based on the infotainment. To say that one is starting to hate a car based on an infotainment seems like an expensive infotainment purchase. The car is just fine but rhe infotainment has issues so now I hate the RDX. These type.of comments are just too funny.
Here are my current problems after the update:
1. System Error: Function not available on HUD when using the left thumb wheel to change channels on XM
2. Cannot use SIRI either manually in hand or via the radio as the Acura Video shows
3. Real Time traffic inconsistent, fading in and out
4. Navi auto scale between 1000 and 500 works only periodically
5. While playing music via a USB, the radio sticks on a song and keeps repeating it no matter what I do.

My car has been to the dealer several times. They told me without equivocation that they cannot fix it. Client Relations have no idea how to fix it and haven't told me about any further updates. I have never owned a car with so many problems that cannot be fixed by the car maker. Note: shortly after purchasing my car in June 2018, AHC promised the update was coming soon. It finally arrived 12/12/2018. It caused more problems than it solved. This is not a minor issue. Car electronics are a very important part of new cars. It sure is advertised as a selling point by the manufacturers. If an owner doesn't care about using the radio or navigation then it's minor. It is one thing to have problems. It's certainly another to have an auto maker not know how to fix the electronics.
Havasubum is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:05 AM
  #437  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Amit Ladhani View Post
i was just at the dealership and I am all set on getting the new RDX on Monday. Some of these posts are starting to scare me. May I know how often does Acura update software? Is it all lumped into 1 big release or do they do adhoc bug releases?
Dont buy the RDX unless you want to be agrevated every day you drive it. The customer service of American Honda is atrocious. For instance, ask the dealer if the regional manager will meet with you if you have problems (which I guarantee you will have). Their response will be ďno, you need to call the 800 number to file a complaint with AH customer serviceĒ. That will result in NO action whatsoever. The dealers will try to fix your car but they donít have solutions to the many problems you will have. If you have masochistic tendencies you will really like owning a 2019 RDX.
Cazman is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Havasubum (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:22 PM
  #438  
Registered Member
 
MarineOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 97
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
I would buy this car again.
MarineOne is offline  
The following users liked this post:
securityguy (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:25 PM
  #439  
Registered Member
 
kboo74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hampton Roads Area, VA
Age: 45
Posts: 124
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Me too. My glitches are very minimal and very few. Love my A-Spec.
kboo74656 is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:25 PM
  #440  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 982
Received 249 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Havasubum View Post
It's certainly another to have an auto maker not know how to fix the electronics.
If it were a problem with the "electronics", they would swap out the offending module like they always do. AFAIK, no car manufacturer repairs electronics in-house.

The software problems we're talking about are frustrating, but they can't be solved until revised software is tested and released, emphasis on the TESTED. Sadly, this seems to be a long process, perhaps because Acura has outsourced to multiple suppliers, and they may not be playing nicely together.
Wander is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.